Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Did you apologise for the shootings in El Passo or the Christchurch killings?

What network am I affiliated with that perpetrated these attacks? That's quite the insinuation you're making. Or are you talking ****e again?

If Tottenham Hotspur supporters committed evil violence against Arsenal fans, I would denounce their violence yes.

Do you denounce Antifa's violence?

Brian? wrote: »
    It’s not a matter of you accepting it. It’s a matter of fact, not belief.

Maybe that’s also because they aren’t a coherent group. Who’s going to come out and denounce someone?

Don’t the EDL have a single leader?

Yes your beliefs are a matter of fact. I mean whether I would accept them as consistent beliefs.

EDL also are not a coherent group. They have active cells just like Antifa.
    Antifa also have leaders. One leader's name is Luis Enrique Marquez.
    It would be very easy for all Antifa to post denouncements. Have you seen one? I have looked and not seen any.

When some EDL were convicted of a bombing plot in 2011, a lot of the them left and formed a new group 'pegida' because they did not condone violence like this.

Did you see any antifa leaving after the Ngo attacks and forming a new group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Andy Ngo is out of a job as it turns out he's rather dodgy..

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1166189517428219911?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

batgoat wrote: »
    Andy Ngo is out of a job as it turns out he's rather dodgy.

Been saying that for weeks.
    Good job he's been exposed, hopefully a few lawsuits now will finish him off.

I'm sure faux news will be issuing apologies and retractions for the lies he spread on their shows.

Not

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Kimsang wrote: »
    Yes your beliefs are a matter of fact. I mean whether I would accept them as consistent beliefs.

No, the structure of Antifa is a fact. It really doesn’t matter if you believe it to be true
    EDL also are not a coherent group. They have active cells just like Antifa.
    Antifa also have leaders. One leader's name is Luis Enrique Marquez.
    It would be very easy for all Antifa to post denouncements. Have you seen one? I have looked and not seen any.

When some EDL were convicted of a bombing plot in 2011, a lot of the them left and formed a new group 'pegida' because they did not condone violence like this.

Did you see any antifa leaving after the Ngo attacks and forming a new group?

It’s hard to leave something that doesn’t really have a membership

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Andy Ngone

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

There goes the poster child for accusations about Antifa savagery.

Overheal wrote: »
    There goes the poster child for accusations about Antifa savagery.

Where's he gone? He was still savagely beaten by Antifa in case you missed it. Or I guess the narrative will be soon that Antifa were acting in self-defence, just like in the bar incident.

Two far-left publications re-hash that Andy Ngo was aware of the 'attack' on the bar that patriot prayer did. Patriot prayer showed up at the bar, and were attacked by Antifa.

You guys are hilariously disingenuous whenever it suits.

This is the entire video of Patriot Prayer 'attacking' cider riot.

Could you point to the part where patriot prayer attack the bar? Much thanks, or will you reply its in the video, do the leg work yourself? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Where's he gone? He was still savagely beaten by Antifa in case you missed it. Or I guess the narrative will be soon that Antifa were acting in self-defence, just like in the bar incident.

Two far-left publications re-hash that Andy Ngo was aware of the 'attack' on the bar that patriot prayer did. Patriot prayer showed up at the bar, and were attacked by Antifa.

You guys are hilariously disingenuous whenever it suits.

This is the entire video of Patriot Prayer 'attacking' cider riot.

Could you point to the part where patriot prayer attack the bar? Much thanks, or will you reply its in the video, do the leg work yourself? LOL

The police, the courts, the jury even Ngo's bosses at Quillette believe patriot prayer are in the wrong so I'll believe them.

20Cent wrote: »
    The police, the courts, the jury even Ngo's bosses at Quillette believe patriot prayer are in the wrong so I'll believe them.

Funny you would believe others over your own eyes. The video of the entire 'attack' was in my post above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

It's all alt right provocation, misrepresentation and coordinated tries to fool the media. It's only some who believe in those, but they want to believe so hard so facts don't matter to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Funny you would believe others over your own eyes. The video of the entire 'attack' was in my post above.

I couldn't care less about either sides on this since I don't live in the states but I suggest reading the whole article.
    Since this May Day clash, Patriot Prayer and its supporters have uploaded edited clips of the fight to social media, trying to prove that their unprovoked attack was actually an act of self defense. Gibson claimed it was an impromptu visit. Meanwhile, Cider Riot filed a lawsuit against Gibson and six other Patriot Prayer members for acting negligently and trespassing on private property.

People on all sides called for arrests. None came.

It was Ben’s video that helped Portland Police Bureau (PPB) confidently secure arrest warrants against Gibson and five other members of Patriot Prayer who followed him to Cider Riot that afternoon. On August 22, a Multnomah County grand jury indicted Gibson and five other members of Patriot Prayer on felony charges for inciting a riot. Several of the men face multiple charges, including assault and unlawful use of a weapon.

While Ben’s video of the clash is a useful piece of evidence, it’s his footage of the group planning the alleged riot that might put the suspects behind bars.

They are fecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

What network am I affiliated with that perpetrated these attacks? That's quite the insinuation you're making. Or are you talking ****e again?

If Tottenham Hotspur supporters committed evil violence against Arsenal fans, I would denounce their violence yes.

Do you denounce Antifa's violence?

The point is if you are against immigrants coming in and some loon shoots up the place citing Mexican immigrants, you are not responsible just because you might hold the same views.
    Therefore you cannot blame or ban people for being anti fascist just because some people who think the same way commit acts of violence IMO.
    Anyone committing violent acts should be arrested. TBF I'm more concerned about Trump and the white supremacists than the violence of some of those opposing them.

The point is if you are against immigrants coming in and some loon shoots up the place citing Mexican immigrants, you are not responsible just because you might hold the same views.
    Therefore you cannot blame or ban people for being anti fascist just because some people who think the same way commit acts of violence IMO.
    Anyone committing violent acts should be arrested. TBF I'm more concerned about Trump and the white supremacists than the violence of some of those opposing them.
    You’re not allowed to say that! They got so triggered when Omar said it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

So this lefty went undercover with PP for nearly all major Portland events:
    Ben has marched alongside Patriot Prayer for nearly every major Portland demonstration—events with such vague names as “Rally for Trump and Freedom,” "Freedom March," and "Trump Free Speech Rally."

... and the best he got of these violent evil fascist white supremacists was talking about how to protect themselves if attacked?? :P

I was expecting a video where they were all talking about how they were gonna smash Antifa's skulls in the way it's been spoken about online as if as some expose of them as violent instigators has occured. Although, sadly, if the how the courts misused the Proud Boy NY footage is anything to go by, I'm sure Portland will no doubt do the same and use it to paint whatever narrative they want.

The only thing that video leaves in no doubt is that these people are not white supremacists given that they have no issue with an Asian man hanging around them. Oh I'm sure they'll say they made an exception for Andy cause he agrees with their cause.

Although this chap if anything again supplied some evidence that this "hate group" aren't the white supremacists they're proclaimed to be when he said:
    “It doesn’t matter if you have different beliefs. The only thing that matters to them is that you hate the left.”

OMG. What an expose!! He also adds:
    "Ben says there are only about 15 core members of Patriot Prayer."

lol. THESE are the bogeymen the left are hysterical about?? 15 people??

If PP were anything close to being what the left has proclaimed to be, then the pathetic footage this lefty produced wouldn't be the most damning footage he has of their activities.

Either way, how this is all supposed to excuse Antifa beating the crap out of Andy Ngo I do not know. To hear people sneering about his injuries is rather pathetic. Point scoring bull**** which just yet again shows that if it wasn't for double standards, liberals today would have no standards at all.

If I support Tottenham or the EDL or Antifa, I am in support of an ideology, a set of beliefs and being members of active networks with cells. That's why its so important to denounce any violence caused by people who also claim to wave these banners.

There is no banner for people that want less immigration.
    I believe its a very different thing to having to denounce mass shooters if they want less immigration also.

... and the best he got of these violent evil fascist white supremacists was talking about how to protect themselves if attacked?? :P

I was expecting a video where they were all talking about how they were gonna smash Antifa's skulls in the way it's been spoken about online as if as some expose of them as violent instigators has occured. Although, sadly, if the how the courts misused the Proud Boy NY footage is anything to go by, I'm sure Portland will no doubt do the same and use it to paint whatever narrative they want.

The only thing that video leaves in no doubt is that these people are not white nationalists given that they have no issue with an Asian man hanging around them. Oh I'm sure they'll say they made an exception for Andy cause he agrees with their cause.

Although this chap if anything again supplied some evidence that this "hate group" aren't the white supremacists they're proclaimed to be when he said:

If PP were anything close to being what the left has proclaimed to be, then the pathetic footage this lefty produced wouldn't be the most damning footage he has of their activities.

Either way, how this is all supposed to excuse Antifa beating the crap out of Andy Ngo I do not know. To hear people sneering about his injuries is rather pathetic. Point scoring bull**** which just yet again shows that if it wasn't for double standards, liberals today would have no standards at all.

Selective reading? You missed the arrests that came out of this.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The only thing that video leaves in no doubt is that these people are not white nationalists given that they have no issue with an Asian man hanging around them. Oh I'm sure they'll say they made an exception for Andy cause he agrees with their cause.

No one is hysterical about Patriot Prayer or any other far right group. The hysteria is all about Antifa around here.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    No one is hysterical about Patriot Prayer or any other far right group. The hysteria is all about Antifa around here.
    Rightful condemnation and hysteria are two completely different things.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Rightful condemnation and hysteria are two completely different things.

Correct.

Brian?’s observation is also correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

If I support Tottenham

Supporting tottenham should be a capitol offence,the cruelest of deaths,I accept and condone all and every violence towards scum spurs supports,the worst of the worst.
    Forget antifa,kkk,nazis...spurs supporters dont deserve to breathe.

I liked you Kimsang until you brought out the Spurs association:(

Seriously,i dont mean any of that....better off being a gunner than a chicken on a ball:P

I find it difficult not punching you goooners when I see you on the street with shirts on. I wonder if that would be called a hate crime :pac:

I find it difficult not punching you goooners when I see you on the street with shirts on. I wonder if that would be called a hate crime :pac:

Not by me it wouldnt!!!

Id call you a yid but still love jewish people.

People could do with thicker skins these days :D

Woodsie1 wrote: »
    Not by me it wouldnt!!!

Id call you a yid but still love jewish people.

People could do with thicker skins these days :D

We call ourselves Yids, so you guys don't have that power anymore :cool::rolleyes:

We call ourselves Yids, so you guys don't have that power anymore :cool::rolleyes:

I know that,you know that....BUT these fcuking americans dont seem to understand that.

Watch overheal lose his **** and call me an anti semite now because i called you a yid:D

I’ve never heard the word in my life

I'd say so. So you get 'triggered' by t-shirts?

I'd say so. So you get 'triggered' by t-shirts?

Its a word that woke types seem to have forgotten, humour.

Its a word that woke types seem to have forgotten, humour.

Did you ditch school on sarcasm day?
    Amusing that the kids still use 'woke' like it means anything beyond showing up the person using it.

• Advertisement

Did you ditch school on sarcasm day?
    Amusing that the kids still use 'woke' like it means anything beyond showing up the person using it.

This is usually the woke response to facts also. Go on the the attack instead of admitting you were wrong to identify a joke as real.

Just look to Count Dankula or Chelsea Russell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement