Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Looking at these vids makes me really happy I live in Ireland and not a country with all the fcukery.

Only a matter of time before we see similar scenes in Ireland to what we are currently seeing in the states.

Might be small numbers at the minute, but there's already been some signs that middle class idiots in Ireland see something positive about the Antifa scum mentality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Exactly. Take it off the big sites. Wrong opinion for those kind of places. Strange to see the left on the side of giant multinationals and supporting their power to choose what type of opinion is allowed.

The same left that protest these multinationals every other day of the week. Each to their own I suppose
    I agree, Bitchute and Gab are goldmines in terms of tracking extremists because they're free to express the very worst of their views. Would be amazed if law enforcement isn't paying special attention to them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Only a matter of time before we see similar scenes in Ireland to what we are currently seeing in the states.

Might be small numbers at the minute, but there's already been some signs that middle class idiots in Ireland see something positive about the Antifa scum mentality.

What went on here!?

batgoat wrote: »
    I agree, Bitchute and Gab are goldmines in terms of tracking extremists because they're free to express the very worst of their views. Would be amazed if law enforcement isn't paying special attention to them.

I hope so too. Normal people with right wing views who are forced into these other sites to be able to express their opinion will also bring the extremists. They should be weeded out and removed promptly

I hope so too. Normal people with right wing views who are forced into these other sites to be able to express their opinion will also bring the extremists. They should be weeded out and removed promptly

They're extremists though, not normal right wing views. The Synagogue shooter only got removed from Gab after the fact. The site includes plenty of anti semitism, prominent neo nazis and white supremacists. They are not home to ordinary right wing people, they are home to the pondscum of the Internet. Eg the pittsburgh shooter's views aren't dissimilar to that of half those YouTube channels you're upset about being banned.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting-suspect-threatened-jewish-groups-pushed-migrant-caravan-n925256

• Advertisement

They're extremists though, not normal right wing views. The Synagogue shooter only got removed from Gab after the fact. The site includes plenty of anti semitism, prominent neo nazis and white supremacists. They are not home to ordinary right wing people, they are home to the pondscum of the Internet. Eg the pittsburgh shooter's views aren't dissimilar to that of half those YouTube channels you're upset about being banned.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/pittsburgh-synagogue-shooting-suspect-threatened-jewish-groups-pushed-migrant-caravan-n925256

There was a channel with 200k subscribers banned and another with 100k.
    Both were reinstated since.
    Both are primarily on bitchute now with one posting his videos to bitchute first and after a few weeks onto YouTube.

People are getting pissed off with YouTube banning their channels without warning and deciding that their opinion is wrong. Moving to bitchute removes that problem. YouTube can police their own business as they wish.

Watch a video or two from The Iconoclast and make up your own mind. Don't let YouTube decide for you.

Ps if they are so bad why did YouTube reinstate them again? And say that they were wrong to delete them in the first place.

People will vote with their feet. F YouTube

A channel having many followers doesn't mean they aren't expected to abide by the terms of use. In terms of reinstatement, I'm guessing they likely had to remove particular content before their account could be reinstated. A couple of strikes and they're likely permanently removed. I'm perfectly aware of the ****e that Iconoclast posts, I frankly can't wait till users such as himself are permanently banned and think the likes of YouTube have given accounts such as that far too much leeway.

A channel having many followers doesn't mean they aren't expected to abide by the terms of use. In terms of reinstatement, I'm guessing they likely had to remove particular content before their account could be reinstated. A couple of strikes and they're likely permanently removed. I'm perfectly aware of the ****e that Iconoclast posts, I frankly can't wait till users such as himself are permanently banned and think the likes of YouTube have given accounts such as that far too much leeway.

But that's not what YouTube said:

After Buzzfeed published its story, YouTube spokesperson Farshad Shadloo released a statement, claiming that although “many may find the viewpoints expressed in these channels deeply offensive,“ that YouTube had “determined the videos on their channels do not violate our Community Guidelines and so the channels were reinstated.”

As I said the move is being made to bitchute. Don't visit bitchute and you won't come across his opinions. I'd expect the move to become more common from right wing thinking YouTubers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

What went on here!?

Identity Ireland attacked by leftists, apparently (although there were accusations at the time it was set up). Either way, only a matter of time before we see Antifa here being as violent as they are in the states.

Seen the odd bit of 'Nazis' and 'Fascists' graffiti around Dublin so that lazy nonsense is about for sure.

But that's not what YouTube said:

After Buzzfeed published its story, YouTube spokesperson Farshad Shadloo released a statement, claiming that although “many may find the viewpoints expressed in these channels deeply offensive,“ that YouTube had “determined the videos on their channels do not violate our Community Guidelines and so the channels were reinstated.”

As I said the move is being made to bitchute. Don't visit bitchute and you won't come across his opinions. I'd expect the move to become more common from right wing thinking YouTubers.

And I'm inclined to say it's unfortunate that White Nationalism from the likes of Martin Sellner is viewed as okay under their terms of use. One of the proponents of The Great Replacement conspiracy btw so hardly a traditional right winger btw... Managed to end a part of the Christchurch investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/26/austrian-far-right-leader-searched-on-suspicion-of-forming-terrorist-group-with-christchurch-shooter

• Advertisement

And I'm inclined to say it's unfortunate that White Nationalism from the likes of Martin Sellner is viewed as okay under their terms of use. One of the proponents of The Great Replacement conspiracy btw so hardly a traditional right winger btw... Managed to end a part of the Christchurch investigation.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/jun/26/austrian-far-right-leader-searched-on-suspicion-of-forming-terrorist-group-with-christchurch-shooter

As I said. All moving to bitchute.

As I said. All moving to bitchute.

Cool, got any comments about Sellner being a scumbag of the highest order? :D

Cool, got any comments about Sellner being a scumbag of the highest order? :D

I don't know who he is

I don't know who he is

He's one of the channels who was reinstated, he's an Austrian white nationalist. Available on bitchute, naturally.

He's one of the channels who was reinstated, he's an Austrian white nationalist. Available on bitchute, naturally.

Ok cool. Il check him out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Hadn't heard of bitchute.
    Took a look see a swastika, a video about "evil `jews" and something about hitler not being so bad.

Might be a good thing just move all the sh1te to one place where decent people don't have to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

batgoat wrote:

From your postings you come across quite Communist. Then I see you sticking up for corporations. Its great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

batgoat wrote:

20Cent wrote:
    Hadn't heard of bitchute. Took a look see a swastika, a video about "evil `jews" and something about hitler not being so bad.

"Did a Google today and saw bad people"

"All the people on the interweb are bad people's"

**** off

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Ironicname wrote: »
    From your postings you come across quite Communist. Then I see you sticking up for corporations. Its great

There are many issues now where the radical left and CEOs have similar aims.

The left has changed beyond all recognition.

Danzy wrote: »
    There are many issues now where the radical left and CEOs have similar aims.

The left has changed beyond all recognition.

Erm, this is really news to me. I'm apparently a communist... :pac: I simply oppose hate speech. That includes white supremacists and nazis... They may come up with nicer sounding names for their beliefs but it doesn't change what they are. I do hold plenty of left wing views but still not remotely communist.

• Advertisement

"Did a Google today and saw bad people"

"All the people on the interweb are bad people's"

**** off

Google is a search engine.
    Bitchute shows some recommended videos on the homepage.
    Quick scan through it shows loads of alt right fascist trash.

See they are begging for money as well,

grifters gotta grift.

Ok cool. Il check him out

Why do you want to "check out" a white nationalist?

What went on here!?

Yer man is a white nationalist, they wanted to setup a branch of Pegida a far right racist group in Ireland. They were going to a rally on O'Connell St.

As you can see they were attacked on the train, his buddies got their arses kicked around the city centre and ran away.
    No far right movement has tried to set themselves up in Ireland since.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Erm, this is really news to me. I'm apparently a communist... :pac: I simply oppose hate speech. That includes white supremacists and nazis... They may come up with nicer sounding names for their beliefs but it doesn't change what they are. I do hold plenty of left wing views but still not remotely communist.

I wouldn’t swear it. That poster just wants to put you in a box they can understand. I’m dishonest and deluded at the same time. You’re a communist. We just have to live with it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

20Cent wrote: »
    Why do you want to "check out" a white nationalist?

What is the difference between a white nationalist, a nationalist and a patriot?

Or are they just buzz words taken from American twitter bots?

What is the difference between a white nationalist, a nationalist and a patriot?

Avoid the question.

A white nationalist is a nazi pretty much.

A white nationalist tends to favour ethnostates. Many nationalists can overlap into it but it's not a guarantee. But I feel like you already are fully aware of what white nationalists are.

20Cent wrote: »
    Avoid the question.

A white nationalist is a nazi pretty much.

Sorry I did avoid the question.

Why do I want to check him out? Am probably because you have built him up to be Hitler so I want to hear for myself what he says. If it's racist muck I will leave the page.

A white nationalist tends to favour ethnostates. Many nationalists can overlap into it but it's not a guarantee. But I feel like you already are fully aware of what white nationalists are.

What about a patriot? Is that bad now too. It's hard to keep up

• Advertisement

Sorry I did avoid the question.

Why do I want to check him out? Am probably because you have built him up to be Hitler so I want to hear for myself what he says. If it's racist muck I will leave the page.

I never heard of the guy.
    White nationalist is enough to know he's racist rubbish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement