Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

20Cent wrote: »
    I never heard of the guy.
    White nationalist is enough to know he's racist rubbish.

Ah ok. One of the other posters said he was a "scümbag of the highest order.
    I thought it was you the way you were talking.
    Sound. My bad

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    What about a patriot? Is that bad now too. It's hard to keep up

A patriot and a nationalist are pretty much the same thing imo.

A white nationalist is a rebranding of a white supremacist to sound more rational.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Brian? wrote: »
    A patriot and a nationalist are pretty much the same thing imo.

A white nationalist is a rebranding of a white supremacist to sound more rational.
    If I'm to be honest, I think the poster isn't interested in a genuine discussion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

batgoat wrote: »
    If I'm to be honest, I think the poster isn't interested in a genuine discussion.

Ah now, I prefer to treat them as if they are. I often get accused of not wanting to be involved in an honest discussion, which hurts. So I prefer to take everyone at face value.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Check out "straight pride" in Boston happening earlier today. Milo and the proud boys vastly outnumbered wandering around being shouted down. Good work antifa.

Check out these sad alt right fellas.

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1167853414056939520?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

batgoat wrote:
    Erm, this is really news to me. I'm apparently a communist... I simply oppose hate speech. That includes white supremacists and nazis... They may come up with nicer sounding names for their beliefs but it doesn't change what they are. I do hold plenty of left wing views but still not remotely communist.

What is hate speech please?

Ironicname wrote: »
    What is hate speech please?

Ah your one of those people who disputes the existence of it are you? Here's a dictionary for you.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate%20speech

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Ah your one of those people who disputes the existence of it are you? Here's a dictionary for you.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hate%20speech

Going by that, all those counter protesters at the straight parade are spouting hate speech.

batgoat wrote:

Nice one. So someone calling me a straight white male with privilege is hate speech?

• Advertisement

batgoat wrote:

And no. I don't dispute it's existence. I dispute it's validity.

Is antifa not a hate group by your definition? See, there's your problem. You want hate speech to be a thing? Go for it. But try to live within your self imposed parameters and you realise you can't.

I would say what you're describing is the concept of the paradox of tolerance. Straight pride rallies etc exist as an act of intolerance. There's no long history of intolerance of gay or white people(who seem to be those bothered enough to hold them). and they came about as a result of some people who seem offended by the progress that has occurred for LGBT rights.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance

In terms of anti-fa meeting the definition I just sent you, you'd be struggling to match them up to it. They're a group that end up in confrontations with pretty radical organisations with questionable goals, much of which are incredibly hateful in their own right. I'm not a fan of the violence and I'm pretty divided on them but hate group would be pushing it.

I'm pretty sure nuance tends to be lost on most of you guys though. Since ye think I'm apparently a communist...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Boston cops sure made short work of Antifa scum yesterday anyway.

https://twitter.com/ThatTrumpGuy/status/1167890977832353793

Nevermind, AOC is doing her bit to raise their bail money:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1167951441631121408

These people have to be mentally ill.

antifaposter1.jpg

https://twitter.com/ItsMikeLuso/status/1168020859111366656

That looks so incredibly fake... But sure lap it up Pete! Strange that he never actually pointed at the pamphlet after receiving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

These people have to be mentally ill.

I cant wait for all the people who said the guy in the gemma protests wasn't a plant to calmly accept that this was real and definitely not a plant also.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Nevermind, AOC is doing her bit to raise their bail money:

Why does she love helping criminals so much, she's mad for criminals.

That looks so incredibly fake... But sure lap it up Pete! Strange that he never actually pointed at the pamphlet after receiving it.

Well, I don't doubt that either side would stoop to such tactics, however.....

1) why would he point at the flyer after receiving it when he hadn't read it yet, he just continued to try and engage the guy.

2) if he wasn't Antifa then why didn't all the other members of Antifa around him point him out to the others as not being one of them, especially given that he's handing out bogus flyers in their name.

You can literally make up whatever crazy sh1t you want and put antifa in the sentance. These folks will eat it up. Explains why they are so susceptible to grifters.

• Advertisement

Loved Grifters growing up, still no issue with 'em.

gettyimages-90760827-1024x1024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

What's the straight pride parade all about? Is it serious?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    What's the straight pride parade all about? Is it serious?

Nazi incels pretending to be victims basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

20Cent wrote: »
    Nazi incels pretending to be victims basically.

Look at this language. It’s designed to inflame. Distress. Deflects. And shut down any conversation.

There were no nazis there. No incels. No victims.

If you really want to see what it was about. The amazing Lucas live streamed a couple of videos at the start. This is primarily a pushback at the overt sexualisation of gay pride parades.

The question has to be asked...

"When did being against Fascists become a bad thing?"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

What a minute… Kinsman’s wife is african American? What the actual fück?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

They are self described anti fascists.

That is far as it goes.

When you describe "fascists" as anyone who disagrees with you and then act violently to ensure they are silenced.

That's like the RIRA asking:

"When did being a republican become a bad thing?"

This whole thread is full of good reasons why Antifa should be considered scum.

I don't think anyone has suggested that merely being against fascism is a bad thing. Kinda odd to imply they have tbh.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote:
    What a minute… Kinsman’s wife is african American? What the actual fück?

Yeah.

Funny how that is ignored when calling them white supremacists and Nazis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement