Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

That's like the RIRA asking:

"When did being a republican become a bad thing?"

This whole thread is full of good reasons why Antifa should be considered scum.

I don't think anyone has suggested that merely being against fascism is a bad thing. Kinda odd to imply they have tbh.

Hysteria,
    If it was up to you guys football fans would be designated terrorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

20Cent wrote: »
    Hysteria,
    If it was up to you guys football fans would be designated terrorists.

A YOB FOR LIFE Football hooligans behave like TERRORISTS, Oxford University academic claims

VIOLENT football fans and vicious ISIS terrorists share similar psychological traits, Oxford University researchers have claimed. Source

What Soccer Hooligans and Terrorists Have in Common
    Source

Masked hooligans attack Liverpool fans like a 'pack of dogs' in horrifying ambush ahead of Champions League final in Kiev Source

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Still fighting the one man battle for Antifa 20cent. You are the resistance

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Still fighting the one man battle for Antifa 20cent. You are the resistance

Plenty more of us. We're just tired responding to the nonsense you post so we dont bother any more.

Plenty more of us. We're just tired responding to the nonsense you post so we dont bother any more.

You should mobilize in Dublin. Go on the lash. It can't be all work lads

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    A YOB FOR LIFE Football hooligans behave like TERRORISTS, Oxford University academic claims

VIOLENT football fans and vicious ISIS terrorists share similar psychological traits, Oxford University researchers have claimed. Source

What Soccer Hooligans and Terrorists Have in Common
    Source

Masked hooligans attack Liverpool fans like a 'pack of dogs' in horrifying ambush ahead of Champions League final in Kiev Source

Exactly my point.
    Should football fans be designated as terrorists then?

Antifa are far less violent than them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Exactly my point.
    Should football fans be designated as terrorists then?

God Almighty. Another person who doesn't know the definition of terrorism:
    the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

The bolded part is what is important. Antifa meet this definition. Football hooligans are predominately just out to have a scrap so do not.

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    God Almighty. Another person who doesn't know the definition of terrorism:

The bolded part is what is important. Antifa meet this definition. Football hooligans are predominately just out to have a scrap so do not.

What is antifa's political aim?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ironicname wrote: »
    When you describe "fascists" as anyone who disagrees with you and then act violently to ensure they are silenced.

Who does that? Certainly not Antifa.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Football hooligans are part time. Antifa are full-time. Hooligans are degenerates who live for the match days on weekends or/and the odd match weekdays, depends if they're allowed out. They dont have their face covered, They dont dress is uniform (jersey doesn't count, most don't even wear them) and go against opposite firms/supporters who are equally just as engaged. Antifa dress in all black, face covered, attack and harass individuals impeding on their right to merely have an opinion that differs to theirs. Antifa is delusional.

Antifa equates to a fisher-price Gestapo

• Advertisement

You should mobilize in Dublin. Go on the lash. It can't be all work lads

It’s funny, when there aren’t any fascist marches there isn’t really a need for an anti fascist response.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote: »
    It’s funny, when there aren’t any fascist marches there isn’t really a need for an anti fascist response.

There would be about 4 members. Social anxiety would kick in and they would head on home again.

Is that a serious question?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

to get free houses so they can move out of their moms basements.

Who does that? Certainly not Antifa.

They've done similar in the past. I've posted this numerous times now. From the ADL:
    but the use of violent measures by some antifa against their adversaries can create a vicious, self-defeating cycle of attacks, counter-attacks and blame. This is why most established civil rights organizations criticize antifa tactics as dangerous and counterproductive.

and in particular:
    Antifa have expanded their definition of fascist/fascism to include not just white supremacists and other extremists, but also many conservatives and supporters of President Trump. In Berkeley, for example, some antifa were captured on video harassing Trump supporters with no known extremist connections. Antifa have also falsely characterized some recent right wing rallies as “Nazi” events, even though they were not actually white supremacist in nature.

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/who-are-antifa

There would be about 4 members. Social anxiety would kick in and they would head on home again.

That’s Antifa for you. A violent menace, terrorist organisation who are afraid to go out.

they/them/theirs

They've done similar in the past. I've posted this numerous times now. From the ADL:

and in particular:

https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/who-are-antifa

Yes. Their definition of fascist is to broad.

They DO NOT attack everyone they disagree with. That’s the statement I was countering.

they/them/theirs

That’s Antifa for you. A violent menace, terrorist organisation who are afraid to go out.

simultaneously weak and pitiful and a dangerous menace to be feared. Schrodinger's terrorists.

Even the weakest , beta group of people can be strong if the numbers are great enough.

Not sure how their resolve would hold out though if faced down by an group of alphas.

Flee like rats back into the sewers as we have seen over and over again.

Even the weakest , beta group of people can be strong if the numbers are great enough.

Not sure how their resolve would hold out though if faced down by an group of alphas.

You mean like those proud boys?

• Advertisement

Even the weakest , beta group of people can be strong of the numbers are great enough.

Alphas and Betas? Not this ridiculous trope. Let me guess, you consider yourself an Alpha.

So now Antifa are a violent destructive mob who flee like rats at the first sign of resistance. They sound like zero threat to me. If I ever meet them I’ll just exude charisma at them to scare them off.

This is beyond parody at this stage.

they/them/theirs

Why don’t you answer it?

they/them/theirs

Alphas and Betas? Not this ridiculous trope. Let me guess, you consider yourself an Alpha.

So now Antifa are a violent destructive mob who flee like rats at the first sign of resistance. They sound like zero threat to me. If I ever meet them I’ll just exude charisma at them to scare them off.

This is beyond parody at this stage.

Another word for them would be bullied. Hunt in packs. No good on their own. Cowards

They probably feel they are doing the right thing but it also fills a hole in their lives.

I like this one because it shows what happens to a bully. Notice how they don't fight back

https://youtu.be/Qa2mCQoco8M

Yes, they counter fascist and racist marches/rallies but they don't have one singular outlook, a mixture of lots of them. They aren't organising their own rallies and whatnot or running on any type of platform.

Antifa have brown eyes.
    Patriots blue eyes.

Amirite?

Antifa have brown eyes.
    Patriots blue eyes.

Amirite?

If you look at my clip above you will see white Antifa members goading a black chap.

So no you are not right.

Run for the racist card again. Bottom of the barrel stuff

If you look at my clip above you will see white Antifa members goading a black chap.

So no you are not right.

Run for the racist card again. Bottom of the barrel stuff

This alpha and beta people stuff all comes from nazi type beliefs about race, blood etc.

This alpha and beta people stuff all comes from nazi type beliefs about race, blood etc.

Everything is about Nazis with you.
    You really buy into this shït don't you?

Have you ever thought about heading out to Portland for a look? (Serious question)

Everything is about Nazis with you.
    You really buy into this shït don't you?

Have you ever thought about heading out to Portland for a look? (Serious question)

It's true though. They are normalising such belief systems.
    Some people are genetically better than others, race realism I believe they call it.
    People like Stephan Molyneux go on about it.

No intention of going to Portland "for a look".

• Advertisement

Why don’t you answer it?

Because it's so patently ridiculous.
    Yes, they counter fascist and racist marches/rallies but they don't have one singular outlook, a mixture of lots of them. They aren't organising their own rallies and whatnot or running on any type of platform.

Right so they do have a political aim. Wasn't hard was it. In fact it's even in the name: Anti-fascist.

It just so happens that there definition of fascism is outrageously broad, and they use violence and intimidation to fight what they see as fascism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement