Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

20Cent wrote: »
    Yeah.
    Worked as well I hear, he's a few million in debt now and is reduced to making appearances to a handful of people at "straight pride".

and what a miserable affair that turned out to be. more like white incel pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Of course.

To be a conservative is to be rooted in soil, ethnos and culture and above all to be at peace with that culture. European culture is Christian Catholic culture 'I found my Church upon a Rock and the powers of hell shall not prevail upon it'.

Of course Ben Shapiro can become truly conservative but to do so he must accept Christ's resurrection, Christ's procession and the communion of saints.

I disagree whole heartedly, you don't have to be a Catholic to assign to conservative values I have never heard that position put forward by anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

they are both abhorrent.
    I think he is a worse person for his lack of honesty but would be more dangerous if he were sincere.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Rubbish. you dont have to be extreme left to be anti-fascist. In fact i would have thought that was the default position for anybody who wasn't a ****.

This is off topic though when discussing ANTIFA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

20Cent wrote:
    Yeah. Worked as well I hear, he's a few million in debt now and is reduced to making appearances to a handful of people at "straight pride".

You genuinely believe he should be violently protested?

Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

what, all of them? how have you ascertained that?

Quite easily.

Everyone Antifa violently attacks and tries to prevent from speaking (in an authoritarian fascistic way) are conservatives and republicans. That's the common denominator with everyone that they take issue with. It's not that they are anti-fascist at all. Stop embarrassing yourselves by saying this all time. These scumbags attack any group that aligns itself with conservative politics or beliefs.

Antifa's origins are Antifaschistische Aktion, who were associated with the Communist Party of Germany. The Antifa logo is pretty much a carbon copy of their logo. Who do you think you're kidding trying to pretend that Antifa are not a leftist political movement willing to use violence to prevent those they disagree with getting to express their views.

They are leftists.

Still haven't heard any proof of actual fascism antifa have protested against.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

SexBobomb wrote: »
    I disagree whole heartedly, you don't have to be a Catholic to assign to conservative values I have never heard that position put forward by anyone.
    To be TRULY conservative in the West you definitely do.

Yes of course having been born into a religion the most normal thing to do is to follow one's own religion while respecting the other fellows right to do the same ( crucially as long as that right doesn't create ghettoisation) BUT while respect for normalcy is a key part of the conservative 'personality' we have to recognise that our ability to 'live an let live' is breaking down. Intensification of religion for non christian citizens leads to isolation , alienation and fragmentation. Intensification of religion for protestant christian citizens leads to ridiculous beliefs like predestination and the rejection of evolution and of the scientific method.

Only Catholicism allows the human person to exist in a rooted, connected and above all Godly way and also allows scientific progress to continue,

Quite easily.

Everyone Antifa violently attacks and tries to prevent from speaking (in an authoritarian fascistic way) are conservatives and republicans. That's the common denominator with everyone that they take issue with. It's not that they are fascist at all. Stop embarrassing yourselves by saying this all time. These scumbags attack any group that aligns itself with conservative politics or beliefs.

Antifa's origins are Antifaschistische Aktion, who were associated with the Communist Party of Germany. The Antifa logo is pretty much a carbon copy of their logo. Who do you think you're kidding trying to pretend that Antifa are not a leftist political movement willing to use violence to prevent those they disagree with getting to express their views.

They are leftists.

Again you make these big bold bull**** statements. im spotting a pattern.

and Antifaschistische Aktion ended in 1933. any link between them and modern are tenous at best. Are modern antifa linked to the communist party? i'm not sure there is much of a communist party in the states. In ireland it is one old bloke who stands outside the GPO on a saturday selling a newspaper.

and Antifaschistische Aktion ended in 1933. any link between them and modern are tenous at best. Are modern antifa linked to the communist party? i'm not sure there is much of a communist party in the states. In ireland it is one old bloke who stands outside the GPO on a saturday selling a newspaper.

Have they protested any democrat events or speakers ?

• Advertisement

Have they protested any democrat events or speakers ?
    Everyone Antifa violently attacks and tries to prevent from speaking (in an authoritarian fascistic way) are conservatives and republicans.

that is the statement i responded to. do you think that statement is true or false?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Blueshoe wrote: »
    It's some of his companies that are in debt but not his personal fortune. Which stands at 4 million dollars. He makes 40,000 per month from appearance fees.

You made it up. I looked it up

Got a source for that?

that is the statement i responded to. do you think that statement is true or false?

Thats why I'm asking you, have they showed up to events by non-conservatives and non-republicans?

If not then it seems to be true that they only show up to disrupt events of conservatives and republicans.

Ironicname wrote: »
    You genuinely believe he should be violently protested?

Wow.

He was going around colleges bullying trans students. Putting their photos up on a screen and mocking them.

He was also encouraging other students to rat on immigrants to ICE.

Stopping that talk was self defence shouldn't have been approved anyway.

Thats why I'm asking you, have they showed up to events by non-conservatives and non-republicans?

If not then it seems to be true that they only show up to disrupt events of conservatives and republicans.

the New York Times describes them as a far right group. So now do you admit the statement is false?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/17/us/portland-oregon-protests.html

To be TRULY conservative in the West you definitely do.

Yes of course having been born into a religion the most normal thing to do is to follow one's own religion while respecting the other fellows right to do the same ( crucially as long as that right doesn't create ghettoisation) BUT while respect for normalcy is a key part of the conservative 'personality' we have to recognise that our ability to 'live an let live' is breaking down. Intensification of religion for non christian citizens leads to isolation , alienation and fragmentation. Intensification of religion for protestant christian citizens leads to ridiculous beliefs like predestination and the rejection of evolution and of the scientific method.

Only Catholicism allows the human person to exist in a rooted, connected and above all Godly way and also allows scientific progress to continue,

I respect your opinion but I think its only that, an opinion. For you a true conservative must be Catholic but I just don't agree, I believe conservative ideas/ values can be adhered to and espoused by anyone of any or no faith, One doesn't have to follow every conservative outlook on every issue, some people are fiscally conservative and socially liberal for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It's some of his companies that are in debt but not his personal fortune. Which stands at 4 million dollars. He makes 40,000 per month from appearance fees.

You made it up. I looked it up

This article specifies that he's both in debt to his own company and to the likes of the mercers and his lawyers.

https://www.gq.com/story/milo-yiannopoulos-millions-in-debt

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

We can agree to disagree

No, I would prefer not to. If you're going to start throwing terms like alpha/beta males around you should be prepared to defend them.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

the New York Times describes them as a far right group. So now do you admit the statement is false?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/17/us/portland-oregon-protests.html

Im asking does antifa ever protest those who aren't conservative/ republican or on the right?.
    You said NYT calls them far right group? Are you saying they called antifa far right, we may be talking past each other somewhat.
    Where in that article does it call antifa far right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Merely saying my statements are bull**** does not make them bull****. I have given you the grounds on which I labelled them leftists and so if you want to refute that contention then you will need to rebut my arguments for making it.
    and Antifaschistische Aktion ended in 1933 any link between them and modern are tenous at best.

They carry Antifaschistische Aktion flags ffs. Are these a plant too?

5b688343fc7e939b098b458d.jpg
    Are modern antifa linked to the communist party?

Never said they were. I am merely making the argument that they are leftists as requested and that they carry flags associated with communist parties also goes a long way to supporting that.

Antifa are quite simply the violent wing of the far left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

We can agree to disagree

Got actual research to actually backup those terms? Otherwise you're just spouting pseudoscientific nonsense that originates in pickup artistry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Still haven't heard any proof of actual fascism antifa have protested against.

Charlottesville?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Have they been showing up at trumps rallies?
    Loads of conservative and republican meeting, marches etc all the time no antifa at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Serious question to the non antifa supporters here:

Could you genuinely ever be friends with someone who was a member of antifa or even supported them with the zeal of members here?

Have they been showing up at trumps rallies?
    Loads of conservative and republican meeting, marches etc all the time no antifa at them.

I never said they turned up at every Trump/ conservative and republican meeting I asked :

Can you please answer that?

Brian? wrote: »
    Charlottesville?

Yes racist elements there for sure and I would have protested against them myself. I think a small minority of racists co-opted that march over the statues though but your right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

The violence is very little and mostly self defense.

The "they attack anyone who thinks differently" argument is shown not to be true as they only show up at events where there is a fascist element.

So you happily agree that they engage in violence for political reasons. Finally. You've no evidence that it's "mostly self-defense (sic)"
    Brian? wrote: »
    Is anti fascism a political aim? I wouldn’t class it as one.

Ofcourse it's a political aim. When America went around bombing Cambodia, going to war with Vietnam and carrying out black ops in South and Central America it was to sop Communism. Are you really saying there was nothing political to that. I mean really?
    Anti-fa carry out violent acts and intimidation to stop fascism*. The principle is the same.

But sure we'd posters saying that it was the exact group not too long ago. So which is it?
    Ironicname wrote: »
    Serious question to the non antifa supporters here:

Could you genuinely ever be friends with someone who was a member of antifa or even supported them with the zeal of members here?

Yes, to the second part at least.

*Or what they wrongly see as Fascism mostly.

I never said they turned up at every Trump/ conservative and republican meeting I asked :

Can you please answer that?

What republican meeting have they turned up to?

You say conservative others would differ.

Interesting point though if they really attack anyone who thinks differently they'd be very busy!

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    So you happily agree that they engage in violence for political reasons. Finally. You've no evidence that it's "mostly self-defense (sic)"

Would someone be invited to your workplace to put one of your colleagues photos up on a screen and proceed to humiliate and slander them?

Would you be ok with that?

• Advertisement

What republican meeting have they turned up to?

You say conservative others would differ.

Interesting point though if they really attack anyone who thinks differently they'd be very busy!

Republicans/ conservatives aka the right, can you answer please this is tiresome, have they turned up to an event by someone who would identify as democrat ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement