Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    That's a full week of dole money though.

Just mug someone when you get over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    Oh I agree with all this. But the poster I was responding to is talking about de-platforming these people, or suggesting universities should never let them speak. That is hardly compassionate. It shuts down debate and means you cannot plant seeds of doubt.

why would a university let an uninformed idiot speak? and what has compassion got to do with with anything? do idiots have a right to compassion because they are idiots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

i am more than happy to ignore liars, idiots, and idiot liars.

fair enough. Problem is what do you do when these people are in decision making positions or other positions of power?
    batgoat wrote: »
    Problem is, you probably got more holocaust deniers out of it because of the reporting of his statements to the court. Sensational stuff is more interesting to the gullible.

"Probably". Ergo you don't know. What we do know is that it completely discredited him.

fair enough. Problem is what do you do when these people are in decision making positions or other positions of power?

We should probably focus on not letting them get into those positions in the first place. though what any of this has to do with antifa i do not know.

why would a university let an uninformed idiot speak? and what has compassion got to do with with anything? do idiots have a right to compassion because they are idiots?

Because the students have invited them, because they want to encourage debate, because they want to dispel the myths that the uninformed person thinks, because they believe it's important to debate ideas regardless of how controversial/misinformed those ideas are.

Did you read the post I was responding to?

• Advertisement

We should probably focus on not letting them get into those positions in the first place. though what any of this has to do with antifa i do not know.

So what? We going to bar people with certain views from being democratically elected, setting up businesses that become really successful, from being CEO's, from being lobbyists etc.

Is that the kind of society you want to live in? Because it sounds very dangerous to me.

Because the students have invited them, because they want to encourage debate, because they want to dispel the myths that the uninformed person thinks, because they believe it's important to debate ideas regardless of how controversial/misinformed those ideas are.

Did you read the post I was responding to?

what is purpose of debating with somebody who has no interest in informing themselves? and we are not talking about controversial ideas. Dont try to be smart and change the conversation.

You expect a "Irish" antifa member to try mug someone and survive in America :pac:.

Why did you keep responding to that one post with different words every time?

So what? We going to bar people with certain views from being democratically elected, setting up businesses that become really successful, from being CEO's, from being lobbyists etc.

Is that the kind of society you want to live in? Because it sounds very dangerous to me.

and we were talking about universities. again you keep moving the goalposts. I'll leave you to your nonsense.

That's a full week of dole money though.

who is on the dole?

• Advertisement

who is on the dole?

The chap who is posting on this thread around the clock I'd imagine

what is purpose of debating with somebody who has no interest in informing themselves? and we are not talking about controversial ideas. Dont try to be smart and change the conversation.

Where have I changed the conversation. I said controversial/misinformed. Most controversial opinions result from the person being mis-informed and ignorant. No goal-post changing.

If they come and have a discussion/debate in a University they'll have no choice but to listen to other view-points, facts and stats and thus will become more informed. Same with any people in the audience who hold the same views. That's the whole point.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    The chap who is posting on this thread around the clock I'd imagine

the only person who has mentioned clocks on this thread is one of your mates.

and we were talking about universities. again you keep moving the goalposts. I'll leave you to your nonsense.

We were talking about people speaking in Universities, not everyone who speaks in a University works in one. You're just trying wiggle out of the outreagous, authoritarian comment that we should stop people with the wrong beliefs getting in positions of power. Because we all know what that makes you sound like;)

the only person who has mentioned clocks on this thread is one of your mates.

20 cent?

20 cent?

you mean you dont know and are making up **** again? between this thread and the brexit thread you're not having a great day.

you mean you dont know and are making up **** again? between this thread and the brexit thread you're not having a great day.

What are you attempting to do here?

I'm talking with other posters and you are jumping in aggressively.

You are trying to bully a reaction out of me. Just hit ignore if you don't like my opinion.

If your going to call out people on this thread look at yourself.

so who here is on the dole?

so who here is on the dole?

The people who are not working ?

• Advertisement

The people who are not working ?

and they are? while you are gazing into that crystal ball can you have a look for tonights euromillions numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

When you lose the argument attack the posters.

and they are? while you are gazing into that crystal ball can you have a look for tonights euromillions numbers?

Well anyone that's on the dole are obviously not working. That's how it works.

Well if they are on the dole they are obviously not working. That's how it works.

i think we all know what the definition of on the dole is. I want to know who the people on the dole on this thread are. its a pretty simple question and you have made several pathetic attempts to answer it.

i think we all know what the definition of on the dole is. I want to know who the people on the dole on this thread are. its a pretty simple question and you have made several pathetic attempts to answer it.

I don't know. How would I? I never claimed to know.
    Closest I went was saying it's probably someone who is posting around the clock. Which would make sense.

Why are you getting so worked up?

I don't know. How would I? I never claimed to know.
    Closest I went was saying it's probably someone who is posting around the clock. Which would make sense.

Why are you getting so worked up?

if you dont know the answer why are you trying to answer?

if you dont know the answer why are you trying to answer?

You: Who is on the dole?
    Me : People not working

Why are you asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Didn't you nazis know this is ohnonotgmail's website !? you're just getting to use it !

thats sarcasm by the way, in case I get banned

You: Who is on the dole?
    Me : People not working

Why are you asking?

i was responding to a post by another user. I was curious as to who they meant. you have decided to respond with a dictionary definition. Suzy Dent you aint.

• Advertisement

i was responding to a post by another user. I was curious as to who they meant. you have decided to respond with a dictionary definition. Suzy Dent you aint.

Yet you keep replying.
    At least we have cleared it up

Yours faithfully,

Suzy Dent

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement