Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Same could be said about CNN, but whats the difference between selling advertisements on tv and these online news channels selling to followers?

Every media outlet has some kind of editorial outlet, often beholden to sponsors. The sponsors go where the media outlet meets their demographic. Some have their remit set MOR, some off the scale. We need look for outright bias. Fox and the right wing nut youtubers have that in spades. Trump tries to cherry pick who gets to report on him and who we should believe. If that's not bull**** I don't know what is.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    It’s simple… there really is no difference. Their real sin revolves around the fact the US media is supposed to be liberal, left, and in the pockets of Democrats. Everything else is considered illegitimate for any reason made up in the minds of the disingenuous.

Do you read this crap back to yourself or is the post button a flush handle to you

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Every media outlet has some kind of editorial outlet, often beholden to sponsors. The sponsors go where the media outlet meets their demographic. Some have their remit set MOR, some off the scale. We need look for outright bias. Fox and the right wing nut youtubers have that in spades. Trump tries to cherry pick who gets to report on him and who we should believe. If that's not bull**** I don't know what is.

Cnn have been caught out a bunch recently as well so I don't think it really a one sided thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

'Scum' is okay though? Reads the same as 'chancer' to me. Free speech wha? Words hurt? ;)

Poor comprehension there.

I said "Calling someone a 'grifter' as a means of argument is about as weak as it gets".

Call people grifters as much as you like, no issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Poor comprehension there.

I said "Calling someone a 'grifter' as a means of argument is about as weak as it gets".

Call people grifters as much as you like, no issue with that.

Why?

Some people lie nothing wrong with pointing that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Just like in New York, when Antifa threw bottles of urine at the Proud Boys after they left their event, they yet again were throwing bottles of urine at Boston Police too:

image.png

Can't get more scummy than that.

Boston District Attorney Rachael Rollins defends those charged and says the judge "overstepped" his role as they were just exercising their right to free speech.

This is the same DA that filed a lawsuit to block ICE agents from state courthouses.

How do these people get into positions of power. Hopefully she won't hold her position for too much longer.

Just like in New York, when Antifa threw bottles of urine at the Proud Boys after they left their event, they yet again were throwing bottles of urine at Boston Police too:

Boston District Attorney Rachael Rollins defends those charged and says the judge "overstepped" his role as they were just exercising their right to free speech.

This is the same DA that filed a lawsuit to block ICE agents from state courthouses.

How do these people get into positions of power. Hopefully she won't hold her position for too much longer.

You rhink she should be fired for having a different opinion?

Just taking the piss lol

Democracy. But don't worry your free speech ultra right wing religious conservatives will look into that. Stacking the supreme court to pervert justice for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Democracy. But don't worry your free speech ultra right wing religious conservatives will look into that. Stacking the supreme court to pervert justice for example.

For Christs sake, the poster was bemused about how someone could defend throwing bottles of piss at police and this is your response?

Absolute bull****.

Disingenuous responses seem to be a recurring theme in your posts. I hope for your sake you are able to actually have discussions in real life rather than the purposely antagonistic baiting that you do on here.

Ironicname wrote: »
    For Christs sake, the poster was bemused about how someone could defend throwing bottles of piss at police and this is your response?

Absolute bull****.

Disingenuous responses seem to be a recurring theme in your posts. I hope for your sake you are able to actually have discussions in real life rather than the purposely antagonistic baiting that you do on here.

Nonsense. You're cherry picking. Read the part in bold, that means I'm responding to that. First time in a forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: Ironicname, Matt Barrett - quit it with the sniping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Overheal wrote: »
    They said that in the video or you made it up

1:22

Also in later parts a protestor says all conservatives should be killed by a firing squad.

mad muffin wrote: »
    1:22

Nah fam. This was the claim:

“They would like to see the removal of the us border and open crossings with all new arrivals recieving instant us citizenship and benifits.”

Except the woman never mentioned benefits or instant citizenship. She said ICE should be dismantled and refugees should be allowed in and immigrants should be given citizenship rights, which can be interpreted. Sounds like a pathway to citizenship for me, not instant citizenship.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So some 1,000 Antifa hooligans think it’s a fair fight to attack a mere 200 Straight Pride weirdos. And then when police officers get in their way they opened attacks upon them. Antifa are clearly violent and downright dangerous. Two members of The Squad, congresswomen Ocasio-Cortez and Pressley used Twitter to ask their supporters to donate to a bail fund for the arrested "activists." Why isn't The Squad's support for Antifa, a radical-leftist domestic terrorist organization, deemed outrageous by the mainstream media? The media seems to have completely relinquished the little journalistic integrity they had left.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote:
    So some 1,000 Antifa hooligans think it’s a fair fight to attack a mere 200 Straight Pride weirdos. And then when police officers get in their way they opened attacks upon them. Antifa are clearly violent and downright dangerous. Two members of The Squad, congresswomen Ocasio-Cortez and Pressley used Twitter to ask their supporters to donate to a bail fund for the arrested "activists." Why isn't The Squad's support for Antifa, a radical-leftist domestic terrorist organization, deemed outrageous by the mainstream media? The media seems to have completely relinquished the little journalistic integrity they had left.

Grifters man. Pure grifters. :)

Link to proof it was 1,000 Antifa?

Because you made it up? Maybe one of your ultra right wing conservative "news" outlets will chime in for you?

Not all protesters are Antifa, not all antifa are violent. People don't exist in convenient boxes no matter how many lies you tell and come to false conclusions on.

Because you made it up? Maybe one of your ultra right wing conservative "news" outlets will chime in for you?

Not all protesters are Antifa, not all antifa are violent. People don't exist in convenient boxes no matter how many lies you tell and come to false conclusions on.
    You are correct. I should have stated 'Antifa and Antifa-like hooligans.' If you give cover to those who do commit violence then you join their ranks.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Andy Ngo got video of it:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

20Cent wrote: »
    10 seconds in.
    Yep a grifter.

Seemed very tame, thought "the left" would have executed him or something.
    He was able to go around into the crowd with no fear, irritating people and they were patient with him

Cops going onto buses to ask people to product their papers, seems pretty fascist, you'd think the freedumb brigade would be against that.

Did they say that ice should be shut down and anyone who arrives in the us granted citizenship immediately: Yes. It's in the video.

Your response : dur Grifter.

You asked for a video link. I provided it. And still you just throw out idiotic buzzwords. You are in denial of reality

And Garda immigration officers checking passports on buses entering the republic is gardai doing their job. Do you know anything about the Schengen zone

I'd like to say what I really think of you but I would get banned. I'll just ignore you instead.

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Did they say that ice should be shut down and anyone who arrives in the us granted citizenship immediately: Yes. It's in the video.

Your response : dur Grifter.

You asked for a video link. I provided it. And still you just throw out idiotic buzzwords. You are in denial of reality

And Garda immigration officers checking passports on buses entering the republic is gardai doing their job. Do you know anything about the Schengen zone

I'd like to say what I really think of you but I would get banned. I'll just ignore you instead.

I’d like a verbatim quote for that please because having seen the same video I heard no call for instant citizenship.

• Advertisement

Was at a protest in Dublin years ago. A drunk guy was walking in the crowd carrying a Bertie Ahern poster waving it around staggering. Watched the news that evening on TV3 and it only showed that guy. Didn't bother reporting what the protest was about made it look like he represented it.
    Been suspicious of the media since and require multiple sources to make opinions about things.

You are correct. I should have stated 'Antifa and Antifa-like hooligans.' If you give cover to those who do commit violence then you join their ranks.

Same goes for Trump and the Charlottesville comments. I agree, but back to your outlandish claims.
    You keep spouting outright lies and then moving on to the next one.

Same goes for Trump and the Charlottesville comments. I agree, but back to your outlandish claims.
    You keep spouting outright lies and then moving on to the next one.
    Trump simply said there were some fine people on both sides, which was true. Now who's lying?

Andy Ngo is getting famous, the coverage he so craved.
    For the wrong reasons though.

How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/

He manipulated a few posters in this thread as well, they must be annoyed at him.

notobtuse wrote:
    Trump simply said there were some fine people on both sides, which was true. Now who's lying?

He also denounced white supremacists. But you know, ignore that bit

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

20Cent wrote: »
    Andy Ngo is getting famous, the coverage he so craved.
    For the wrong reasons though.

How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/

He manipulated a few posters in this thread as well, they must be annoyed at him.

OP ed piece written by an author who also penned another op ed piece about how the surgeon general telling pregnant women not to smoke weed is discriminatory and problematic. I think ill leave that story in the 'meh' pile.

OP ed piece written by an author who also penned another op ed piece about how the surgeon general telling pregnant women not to smoke weed is discriminatory and problematic. I think ill leave that story in the 'meh' pile.

<scrambled through authors history on rolling stones website to find ad hominem fault rather than engage the substance of the article>

<scrambled through authors history on rolling stones website to find ad hominem fault rather than engage the substance of the article>

theres a difference between editorial content thats supposed to be factual and have a debatable insight and OP-ed which is just an opinion piece for somebody with a focussed agenda. Its like posting jeremy clarkson columns in a debate on the EU.

theres a difference between editorial content thats supposed to be factual and have a debatable insight and OP-ed which is just an opinion piece for somebody with a focussed agenda. Its like posting jeremy clarkson columns in a debate on the EU.

So you reject the notion that Andy Ngo played the right like a cheap fiddle?

• Advertisement

So you reject the notion that Andy Ngo played the right like a cheap fiddle?

I deject the notion that andy ngo in any way deserved a milkshaking, that him acting in a bad manor in any way excuses antifas behaviour towards him or others and that somehow articles complaining about andy's actions in any way help the cause of 20cents unshakable love for terrorists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement