Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Overheal wrote: »
    <scrambled through authors history on rolling stones website to find ad hominem fault rather than engage the substance of the article>

Not the done thing?
    Link or are you a liar?

Yep more spin....

It was unclear how many of those arrested were affiliated with antifa

he Unification movement, also known as the Unification Church (UC), is a worldwide new religious movement whose members are sometimes colloquially called "Moonies". ... In 1994 the HSA-UWC was replaced by Moon with a new organization, the Family Federation for World Peace and Unification (FFWPU).

The Washington Times, another lunatic fringe right wing rag....
    owned by,

You free speech people really like listening to these folk?
    It's quite worrying how much sway all these conservative religious organisations have on the 'free speech' defend a fascists rights folk and them singing their tunes. It's a massive con.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

mad muffin wrote: »
    Not the done thing?

Japers, I literally commented on the substance.
    The article was biased, the substance tainted. The story baloney. I cited the owners as proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I deject the notion that andy ngo in any way deserved a milkshaking, that him acting in a bad manor in any way excuses antifas behaviour towards him or others and that somehow articles complaining about andy's actions in any way help the cause of 20cents unshakable love for terrorists.

So people aren’t responsible for getting bit by the dog if they went into its yard with the purpose of pissing it off? The dog should just be put down? I guess cops should be put on tribunal every time they kill someone regardless of how much the suspect threatened the police. You can just act as bad of manner as you want in the knowledge that if anyone responds the way you deserve, it was “inexcusable?”

Surely then Antifa’s behavior in no way excuses what others do unto them yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

20Cent wrote: »
    Andy Ngo is getting famous, the coverage he so craved.
    For the wrong reasons though.

How a Right-Wing Troll Managed to Manipulate the Mainstream Media
    https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/andy-ngo-right-wing-troll-antifa-877914/

He manipulated a few posters in this thread as well, they must be annoyed at him.
    How is Rolling Stone still in business? You’d think the lawsuits they’ve had to pay out would made them think twice before publishing disengenous hit pieces. They wrote… “When a milkshake to the face brought the spotlight on Andy Ngo, politicians and talking heads on both sides were happy to take on his cause: demonizing antifa.” It wasn’t the milkshake to the face that resulted in public sympathy, it was the fists to the face using kevlar gloves, which can be seen on video. Rolling Stone does dance around that fact but they seem to be in bewilderment on how a mob beats up someone and puts them in the hospital and suddenly people think you’re a bunch of bad people. Strange how that works, isn’t it? The author of the piece sees the goons as the left’s “black-clad brethren.”

Rolling Stone uses a released video allegedly showing Ngo participate in planning a riot with members of Patriot Prayer. Robby Soave over at Reason also watched the video carefully and comes to a different conclusion…
    Regarding Ngo, while the claims being made about him do contain “kernels of truth,” as he concedes, there is a vast chasm between what the video actually shows versus what it is alleged to show.

Far from being engaged in conservation with Gibson’s associates and intently involved in what they are saying, Ngo appears in the video only occasionally, and is mostly in the periphery, pacing and incessantly checking his phone. Ngo told Reason that he was scanning the internet for reports from other journalists pertaining to the earlier violence of the day, during which Ngo was punched in the stomach. He was much more interested in his social media feed than the conversations around him.

“The people are milling around for like probably an hour,” he said. “I was just like, nothing was happening. I wasn’t paying attention to what was being said because there’s just a whole bunch of different random conversations. I didn’t see any evidence of a violent conspiracy to launch an attack.”

John Sexton from Hotair also noted…
    But the story doesn’t confirm that any discussions occurred. If anything it confirms that Ngo rejected or ignored whatever protection the Proud Boys were offering. But I think we’re also missing the point here which is that Ngo has been a target of Antifa for months. Ngo predicted Antifa might try to harm him before the attack that put him in the hospital. He knew this was possible because he’d already been threatened and attacked several times. Antifa was clearly escalating their violence toward him.

You can argue that Ngo should have been tougher on Patriot Prayer’s behavior prior to or during the Cider Riot incident (I was critical of their behavior) but given what happened to him weeks later, self-preservation seems like a reasonable explanation for why he was hanging in their vicinity. Not wanting to be beaten up by left-wing goons you know are out to get you doesn’t make you a secret member of Patriot Prayer.

What the video did do for us was reinforce that the left is a violent threat.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

So people aren’t responsible for getting bit by the dog if they went into its yard with the purpose of pissing it off? The dog should just be put down? I guess cops should be put on tribunal every time they kill someone regardless of how much the suspect threatened the police. You can just act as bad of manner as you want in the knowledge that if anyone responds the way you deserve, it was “inexcusable?”

so antifa members have as much agency and cognitive thought as a dog, got it, cheers....

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote: »
    Trump simply said there were some fine people on both sides, which was true. Now who's lying?

You. 'Fine people on both sides' where one side is racist and had a murder committed in it's name?

As the man said:
    If you give cover to those who do commit violence then you join their ranks.

The article was biased, the substance tainted. The story baloney. I merely cited the owners as proof.

So that means AOC and Presley’s tweets quoted in the article are also as you stated… biased. Substance tainted. The storey they told baloney.

And I’ll agree with you. The story AOC and Presley told was 100 percent baloney.

You. 'Fine people on both sides' where one side is racist and had a murder committed in it's name?

Please don’t perpetuate that hoax. It’s been debunked thoroughly.

So that means AOC and Presley’s tweets quoted in the article are also as you stated… biased. Substance tainted. The storey they told baloney.

And I’ll agree with you. The story AOC and Presley told was 100 percent baloney.

AOC didn't write the story MM.

AOC didn't write the story MM.

There would be no story if there were no tweets ;)

• Advertisement

so antifa members have as much agency and cognitive thought as a dog, got it, cheers....

Just dodge the whole post cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

I deject the notion that andy ngo in any way deserved a milkshaking, that him acting in a bad manor in any way excuses antifas behaviour towards him or others and that somehow articles complaining about andy's actions in any way help the cause of 20cents unshakable love for terrorists.

You only think they are terrorists because you have been played by grifters like Andy Ngo. You should be annoying at them rather than the people who point this out to you.

History has been rewritten on it, poorly. The right has tried to revision how the POTUS responded to Charlottesville for almost 2 years now.

Didn't you just argue...
    Not all protesters are Antifa, not all antifa are violent. People don't exist in convenient boxes no matter how many lies you tell and come to false conclusions on.

Does this only apply to Antifa? And show me where any on the right gave cover to the sick guy who killed someone?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

He said it. It was what it was. Nothing to debunk. Maybe apologists disagreed, that's not debunking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Are you asserting that Jo Cox wasn't murdered by the Alt Right?

There would be no story if there were no tweets ;)

And there was no story MM. They didn't bail out violent Antifa ;)

20Cent wrote: »
    You only think they are terrorists because you have been played by grifters like Andy Ngo. You should be annoying at them rather than the people who point this out to you.

I despised these degenerates well before andy ngo, milo or youtubers got involved.

I despised these degenerates well before andy ngo, milo or youtubers got involved.

Refusing to answer my previous question still?

Didn't you just argue...

Does this only apply to Antifa? And show me where any on the right gave cover to the sick guy who killed someone?

Man, look at your comments. You're posting lies and getting called out, then moving on to another lie.

Did AOC bail out violent Antifa? No.
    Did AOC condone violence against police? No.
    The POTUS, upon hearing of the race riot in charlottesville said that their were fine people on both sides. Be true to your narrative and accuse Trump of supporting Antifa so.

• Advertisement

Man, look at your comments. You're posting lies and getting called out, then moving on to another lie.

Did AOC bail out violent Antifa? No.
    Did AOC condone violence against police? No.
    The POTUS, upon hearing of the race riot in charlottesville said that their were fine people on both sides. Be true to your narrative and accuse Trump of supporting Antifa so.
    She asked her supporters to help bail out Antifa members who got arrested and in doing so did condone violence. Antifa weren't one of the fine people Trump was speaking of. It's not brain surgery.

History has been rewritten on it, poorly. The right has tried to revision how the POTUS responded to Charlottesville for almost 2 years now.

It is only rewritten by the left. As the video evidence clearly show him condemning nazis and white supremacy. Clearly.

He said it. It was what it was. Nothing to debunk. Maybe apologists disagreed, that's not debunking.

He never said nazis and white supremacists were fine people. Video evidence clearly shows him condemning them. Clearly.

1) a violent response to non violent taunting (as crass as it may be) is never acceptable in my book , so I don't think he deserved it.

2) I don't see 'fascists' specifically going to antifa events and instigating vilence and property damage against them.

Andy Ngo is a cock, everyone can agree with that. He didn't deserve the milkshake though ,

Are you asserting that Jo Cox wasn't murdered by the Alt Right?

I’m talking about the Charlottesville very fine people hoax.

And there was no story MM. They didn't bail out violent Antifa ;)

They are fundraising for the bailout.

She asked her supporters to help bail out Antifa members who got arrested and in doing so did condone violence. Antifa weren't one of the fine people Trump was speaking of. It's not brain surgery.

So its safe to say you wouldn’t support any politician or political part that condoned violence?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’m talking about the Charlottesville very fine people hoax.

Which were the “fine people” on the right in attendance? Whom of the organisers did you consider a fine person?

Same question to notobtuse. Who were these fine people, specifically?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Which were the “fine people” on the right in attendance? Whom of the organisers did you consider a fine person?

Here are some fine people ON BOTH THE RIGHT AND LEFT… Blue Lives Matter, those only there protesting the removal of monuments and memorials, the National Council of Churches, and civil rights organizations. How many times do we have to answer this? I hope this is the last time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Brian? wrote: »

This has been answered many many times.

I suggest you go back and find those answers rather than yet again laughably suggest that everyone there that day who was against taking down that statue was a Neo-Nazi.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement