Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

If you're cool with the lad beside you flying the swastika, you my friend are a fascist.

Ok, what if they fly the hammer and sickle ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    OK fair enough. I'd imagine the poster meant fascist like behaviour but they can speak for themselves.

They called them fascist.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

SexBobomb wrote: »

You’re probably a communist.

I’m a plain red flag man myself. Simple, goes with everything.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Brian? wrote: »
    You’re probably a communist.

I’m a plain red flag man myself. Simple, goes with everything.

Would you have the same reaction to the hammer and sickle as to the swastika ?
    personally I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I'd have no problem marching with anti fascists.

So you agree with Trump's premise then. Merely being in the same march as scum does not automatically make that person scum.
    Most of the participants were fascists and bigots, including some actual Nazis.

Well, most of the counter protesters were Antifa who are violent bigots and behave in fascistic manner.
    Anyone who rocked up and marched in that company cannot be classified as a fine person

Well by that logic, anyone that rocked up and marched alongside Antifa is a violent bigot.

You can't suggest someone is guilty by association and only apply that rule to one side. Either it follows or it doesn't.
    Yep. The anti fascists are fascists, let’s just call everyone a fascist eh?

Ha.The left have referred to so many people as fascists (and Nazis) that at this stage, the word has almost lost all meaning. Or at least it sure has when the left use it as people know they chuck it about like confetti and so no longer pay much heed to the suggestion from them that someone is a racist or a nazi. They are effectively the little boy who cried wolf.

Oh and for the last time:

Just because Antifa say they are anti-fascists does not make them such. Just because they carry out their intimation, violence and authoritarian actions in the name of anti-fascism, does make that real reason, as before they even set off they are the shining personification of an oxymoron given that historically anti-fascists tend to be against authoritarianism and bigotry, the very things which run through Antifa like a stick of rock.

Destroying colleges because they don't like the opinions of someone due to speak. Violently attacking those that don't ascribe to their views. Beating journalists for merely doing their jobs. Telling people to get off their streets. Punching people for wearing a hat. And all as they hide behind masks. Come on now. Antifa are fascist thugs.

Jake Shields called it and to their face too:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Just start shooting them. Nobody will really care. That or put them on Tus like schemes so they don't have time for endless protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

So the cops in Boston went on the rampage attacking peaceful protesters. They charged loads of people with spurious charges. The judge is after jailing the attorney of the protesters.

Thats real fascism right there, but the far right are so brainwashed by grifters like Andy Ngo they cheer the cops and the judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

20Cent wrote:
    So the cops in Boston went on the rampage attacking peaceful protesters. They charged loads of people with spurious charges. The judge is after jailing the attorney of the protesters.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Why are they marching with swastika flags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

It's a bit telling when certain posters seem to be arguing that there's merits to protesting with Nazis. Btw, I've never seen a single example of a decent person who marched with Nazis in Charlottesville, I'm sure Pete can provide someone?

• Advertisement

Ironicname wrote: »
    What?

The district attorney wanted to dismiss charges of one of the people arrested in boston. The judge said no even though he didn't have the authority to deny it. The persons attorney objected and stated that the DA the judge can't do that. The judge had her arrested, handcuffed and put into a holding cell for hours. Susan Church is the attorneys name.

https://amp.wbur.org/news/2019/09/04/lawyer-defending-protester-of-straight-pride-parade-held-in-contempt-jailed-in-boston-court?__twitter_impression=true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Good. About time! If you’re going to initiate violence in a city having a peaceful march or peaceful protest expect to be locked up and heavily fined. Every city should follow this lead.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Good. About time! If you’re going to initiate violence in a city having a peaceful march or peaceful protest expect to be locked up and heavily fined. Every city should follow this lead.

Their lawyer was locked up for pointing out to the judge that he doesn't have the authority to do disobey the district attorney. Outrageous abuse of the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Just start shooting them. Nobody will really care. That or put them on Tus like schemes so they don't have time for endless protest.

not this nonsense again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

That you've a particular ideology and are free to do so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Would you have the same reaction to the hammer and sickle as to the swastika ?
    personally I would.

Explains a lot.
    So you agree with Trump's premise then. Merely being in the same march as scum does not automatically make that person scum.

Nope, I'd say everyone was likely anti facism. Everyone on the other side pro racism.

20Cent wrote: »
    Their lawyer was locked up for pointing out to the judge that he doesn't have the authority to do disobey the district attorney. Outrageous abuse of the law.

Nope, she was held in contempt for interrupting the judge multiple times. Sounds like she did not just try to talk over him but did so obnoxiously also:
    “I’m not done reading,” said Church, who was citing cases to back up her point as the two interrupted one another. “I could be reading cases all day to say it’s not in your purview” to tell prosecutors “who and when and how to prosecute.”

“This is the only warning you’re going to get,” Sinnott told her. “Do not try to talk over me. Do not try to turn this into theater.”

That she was right on the point of law is neither here nor there.

Afterwards the judge commented:
    "Ms. Church, who is filled with passion for representing her client, kept talking over me."

Going by this display I'd take the Judge's word over hers anyday as she comes across as quite overbearing:

https://twitter.com/KristinaRex/status/1169320765755461633

Interesting to note that when she was taken down the police officers in the court all cheered.

Nope, she was held in contempt for interrupting the judge multiple times. Sounds like she did not just try to talk over him but did so obnoxiously also:

That she was right on the point of law is neither here nor there.

Afterwards the judge commented:

Going by this display I'd take the Judge's word over hers anyday as she comes across as quite overbearing:

Interesting to note that when she was taken down the police officers in the court all cheered.

So she was right and the judge was breaking the law.
    Handcuffed and sent to the cells.
    Trumps America.
    I'd say the propaganda and lies spread by the likes of Andy Ngo.

double post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Judges have complete control in their courtrooms, here. Sometimes it's not what you say but how you say it that brings the hammer down.

But it doesn't matter. Arrest anyone initiating violence at these things... doesn't matter if you are on the Right or Left. Enough arrests and prosecutions will be the best way to stop the violence of the thugs.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

So she was right and the judge was breaking the law.

He had an option on some of the cases that were recommendations of dissmals, and some he had no option on (and it does seem hers concerned the latter) but that's not the point, as when a judge tells a lawyer to stop talking over him, repeatedly, they have to do it, or there is a high likelihood that they will end up being held in contempt.
    Trumps America.

By that logic, the following case is "Obama's America" then?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-las-vegas/handcuffed-public-defender-says-she-simply-wanted-judge-to-listen-to-her-argument/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The left are off the chain. They will not accept anything bar their own view point. Not law. Not personal liberty. Not speech. The very antithesis of anti fascism.

Never ceases to amaze me how the same people who bang on about freedom, the constitution, how bad big guvment is are the same people who love law enforcement authorities battering peaceful protesters and breaking the law themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

20Cent wrote:
    Never ceases to amaze me how the same people who bang on about freedom, the constitution, how bad big guvment is are the same people who love law enforcement authorities battering peaceful protesters and breaking the law themselves.

Battering peaceful protesters? Jesus Christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

All that stands between us (law abiding citizens) and them (people who disregard the law) is the thin blue line.

Ironicname wrote: »
    Battering peaceful protesters? Jesus Christ.

Yeah cops never do anything wrong. Naive much?

https://twitter.com/lizzieheintz/status/1167918463995633664

mad muffin wrote: »
    All that stands between us (law abiding citizens) and them (people who disregard the law) is the thin blue line.

ha ha

Never ceases to amaze me how people can get so amped up over seemingly minor legal happenings (such a judge's contempt of court ruling for example) but yet be so blasé about serious corruption issues within the echelons of power, which are quite clearly rooted in political bias. Like oh, I don't know, the director of the FBI taking it upon himself to leak details of investigations to the New York Times with the clear objective of ousting the president of the united states from office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Yeah cops never do anything wrong. Naive much?

https://twitter.com/lizzieheintz/status/1167918463995633664

they should be grateful that the cops didnt follow the advice of one poster here and start shooting them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement