Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Sorry, I don't understand

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Ironicname wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't understand

Exactly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I have to say that isn't my experience. The extreme left's agenda seems to be purely the eradication of the right's ability to express their opinion without threats of violence and intimidation.

What’s your experience with the “extreme left”? Who are they?

I would posit that you may be biased based on he media you consume. The likes of Carl Benjamin make a living out of painting “the left” as a bunch of PC whiners.

When in reality “the left” isn’t a cohesive movement with a unifying set of values. There are plenty of free speech advocates on the left. One of the ironies of Antifa is that anarchists should believe in absolute free speech. Someone like Slavoj Zizek, pretty much an Leninist, has written many articles and given many speeches against political correctness.

YouTube it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

comedian_by_bogswallop_ddfg6q3-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTM2NyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzM5NTUwYjA3LWIyMTEtNDljYy05ZDUwLTc2Y2ExZDg1ODgwZlwvZGRmZzZxMy0yNjkyOGE4Yi03NzI2LTQ0OTAtOWVmNC03MTc2MjEyMWIzODEucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEyODAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.R4ilbEkdVkfKV0PF_qEltj6dr7LBLJNVILg-8HV32Ow

Brian? wrote:
    What’s your experience with the “extreme left� Who are they?

Again Brian, you don't give a single **** about my experiences unless you can pick them apart and then ultimately announce them as anecdotal.

It's people like you. You know this.

I don't like people that have your views. You won't change,I won't change. We are at an impasse. I don't think you are necessarily wrong either which is frustrating. I think that neither of us can see it from the other side.

Best of luck. You will need it

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote:
    Exactly.

I'll thank your post too.im assuming that's what you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,795 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

biko wrote: »
    Yep one rule for the prez and one rule for a member of congress. Both in government, but you like one and dislike the other..
    Crystal.

Do you not know there is a slight difference between the two jobs?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There sure is.

But not in this regard.

Arkad or Souron or whatever he calls himself buddies running amuck in London today. Chanting about hanging people from lamposts and attacking the police.

Links, or are you there on the ground reporting live as it happens Cent?

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »
    Links, or are you there on the ground reporting live as it happens Cent?

Andy Ngo is the one who pretends to be reporting live from places.

It's all over the news and twitter if yer interested.

pic.twitter.com/2zMeB7O24O that's ****ed up.

Again Brian, you don't give a single **** about my experiences unless you can pick them apart and then ultimately announce them as anecdotal.

Why the hostility all the time? I gave you a concrete example of a feee speech advocate on the left. Did you check it out?
    It's people like you. You know this.

There’s no one else quite like me. Why are you trying to put me a box?

I believe in absolute free speech. I don’t believe in speech without consequences though.
    I don't like people that have your views. You won't change,I won't change. We are at an impasse. I don't think you are necessarily wrong either which is frustrating. I think that neither of us can see it from the other side.

Best of luck. You will need it

You don’t like people that have my views? Why can’t you simply say you don’t like the views. I like many people I disagree with.

Why do I need luck? I have a great life.

they/them/theirs

Brian? wrote:
    There’s no one else quite like me. Why are you trying to put me a box?

Judging by your posts here (which is all I have to go on), you aren't unique
    Brian? wrote:
    You don’t like people that have my views? Why can’t you simply say you don’t like the views. I like many people I disagree with.

I am friends with plenty of people who I disagree with politically. But you have a certain way of putting your point across which, if was done in a real life scenario, I would find exceptionally irritating.

Judging by your posts here (which is all I have to go on), you aren't unique

I am friends with plenty of people who I disagree with politically. But you have a certain way of putting your point across which, if was done in a real life scenario, I would find exceptionally irritating.

I can't understand this response at all. Why so sensitive?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

dd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

dd.jpg

That he is surprised that ANTIFA are attacking him is surprising.

He has taken about 200 Klansmen out 9f the KKK, which given there are 5000 in America is quite an achievement.

Why would ANTIFA give a **** about that, that isn't what drives them, the attack drives them, controlling others, creating controversy or hurt. That is their driver.

Breaking two people disagree on something.

This proves there is no racism or fascism in the US and antifa are terrorists.
    No wonder the grifters make so much money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I've seen absolutely zero proof that the proud boys are a racist group.

I've seen them heckling Muslims during a Muslim day of celebration in a public park. They are a men only anti any group that's not white. I couldn't care less if the founder's missus is from a minority. Milo is gay, (pedophile apologist) and like McInnes is a narcissist using hate and the weak minded to push their agenda. Like Trump and Bannon they use racial division and ignorance to promote there cause, which dishonestly, likely has little to do with 'free speech' and 'white christian men getting a rough deal or what ever crap they claim and more about power and money IMO, which might be even worse than and honest racist that supports them.

I've seen them heckling Muslims during a Muslim day of celebration in a public park. They are a men only anti any group that's not white. I couldn't care less if the founder's missus is from a minority. Milo is gay, (pedophile apologist) and like McInnes is a narcissist using hate and the weak minded to push their agenda. Like Trump and Bannon they use racial division and ignorance to promote there cause, which dishonestly, likely has little to do with 'free speech' and 'white christian men getting a rough deal or what ever crap they claim and more about power and money IMO, which might be even worse than and honest racist that supports them.

Men only groups are bad then? Do you feel the same about women only groups?

You couldn't care less if the founder AND their "leader" are married to a native American and an African American respectively, because they are "anti any group that aren't white"?

Are they anti their own children too?

Calling Milo a paedophile apologist is a little unnecessary. Do you feel the same about David Norris?

That's some strange logic there my friend.

Men only groups are bad then? Do you feel the same about women only groups?

You couldn't care less if the founder AND their "leader" are married to a native American and an African American respectively, because they are "anti any group that aren't white"?

Are they anti their own children too?

Calling Milo a paedophile apologist is a little unnecessary. Do you feel the same about David Norris?

That's some strange logic there my friend.

Why does a 'political' movement need to be men only?
    Because I don't buy it as a pass. Milo stirs hatred for gays/trans-gendered, whatever he sells it as, that's what his results are. McInnes is in the same boat. They are hate merchants. They court racists and bigots.
    It's a fact and necessary. Yes.
    Strange? This idea that their are two teams isn't realistic. It's a narrative perpetrated by the Alt-Right. 'You're either one of us or one of them' mentality.

Why does a 'political' movement need to be men only? Because I don't buy it as a pass. Milo stirs hatred for gays/trans-gendered, whatever he sells it as, that's what his results are. McInnes is in the same boat. They are hate merchants. They court racists and bigots. It's a fact and necessary. Yes. Strange? This idea that their are two teams isn't realistic. It's a narrative perpetrated by the Alt-Right. 'You're either one of us or one of them' mentality.

The clue is in the name. Proud boys wouldn't be proud boys I'd they were girls.

I wouldn't class them as a political group either.

I love the fact that although Milo is a flaming homosexual who is married to a black man, you are willing to lump him in with the racists (who as we have mentioned have mixed race children).

A narrative perpetrated by the alt right? Ah come on, antifa do the exact same thing. If you don't agree that who we decided this week are fascists, then you are a Nazi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

A former Marine, Shane Kohfield, 32, recently had his five guns confiscated by the FBI via Oregon’s ‘Red Flag’ law. The FBI's action was reportedly prompted by remarks Kohfield made in public during a demonstration outside the home of Portland mayor Ted Wheeler in August. “If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. “I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.” Based on the court order, Kohfield, who served two tours of duty in Iraq, was committed to a veteran’s hospital for 20 days and was barred from participating in subsequent protests in Portland.

So it seems in Oregon you can’t claim you will defend yourself with deadly force against someone who tries to kill you with deadly force.

Yet Antifa gets away with constantly threatening people and participating in actual violence against others peacefully protesting. Too bad all those predictions on global warming were wrong, or Portland would be under 20 feet of water by now.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    A former Marine, Shane Kohfield, 32, recently had his five guns confiscated by the FBI via Oregon’s ‘Red Flag’ law. The FBI's action was reportedly prompted by remarks Kohfield made in public during a demonstration outside the home of Portland mayor Ted Wheeler in August. “If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. “I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.” Based on the court order, Kohfield, who served two tours of duty in Iraq, was committed to a veteran’s hospital for 20 days and was barred from participating in subsequent protests in Portland.

So it seems in Oregon you can’t claim you will defend yourself with deadly force against someone who tries to kill you with deadly force.

Yet Antifa gets away with constantly threatening people and participating in actual violence against others peacefully protesting. Too bad all those predictions on global warming were wrong, or Portland would be under 20 feet of water by now.

"i'd slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa."

Oh yeah he's totally on the level :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I love the fact that although Milo is a flaming homosexual who is married to a black man, you are willing to lump him in with the racists (who as we have mentioned have mixed race children).

A narrative perpetrated by the alt right? Ah come on, antifa do the exact same thing. If you don't agree that who we decided this week are fascists, then you are a Nazi.

Well, you'd be in the minority there. They don't strike me as an acapella band lets just say.

Good job his guns were taken from him sounds like a mass shooter in waiting.

Milo, call him a troll or whatever, thrives on hate and railing against equality like it's inequality. Same for McInnes. That's their result. The fact that one is gay and the other married to a Native American doesn't change that one bit. Hitler was part Jewish, so we can't claim he didn't work against them now?

I'm anti Trump/Proud boys/patriots prayer etc, but not a card carrying member of Antifa, who don't have card carrying members as far as I know. I'm not responsible for Antifa, that's partially the point. Any anti fascist people breaking the law should be arrested, nobody is saying otherwise. Even if they were, McInnes, Trump, Proud Boys, Milo all use hate for attention and power to get money IMO.

• Advertisement

Sounds like a right nut job. I wouldn't let him have access to a pea shooter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement