Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

20Cent wrote: »
    Good job his guns were taken from him sounds like a mass shooter in waiting.
    For warning Antifa that if they start killing people they may have to deal with people who are trained in deadly force to defend themselves?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I've seen them heckling Muslims during a Muslim day of celebration in a public park. They are a men only anti any group that's not white. I couldn't care less if the founder's missus is from a minority. Milo is gay, (pedophile apologist) and like McInnes is a narcissist using hate and the weak minded to push their agenda. Like Trump and Bannon they use racial division and ignorance to promote there cause, which dishonestly, likely has little to do with 'free speech' and 'white christian men getting a rough deal or what ever crap they claim and more about power and money IMO, which might be even worse than and honest racist that supports them.

There leader isn't white or he is half black or Asian, something along those lines, nor are all its members.

They may well have been heckling people and that was wrong.

Maybe they are just a working class, less white version of ANTIFA.

They are more alike than not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

notobtuse wrote: »
    For warning Antifa that if they start killing people they may have to deal with people who are trained in deadly force to defend themselves?

I don't believe he was a legal police spokesperson but a gun nut who has obviously bought into the alt-right narrative and thought about 'slaughtering' these people a lot. Seems reasonable ;)

Danzy wrote: »
    There leader isn't white or he is half black or Asian, something along those lines, nor are all its members.

They may well have been heckling people and that was wrong.

Maybe they are just a working class, less white version of ANTIFA.

I would say yes, maybe similar, except one side preaches equality and the other racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I would say yes, maybe, except one side preaches equality and the other racism.

I'm guessing it is the side with the non white leader are the racists.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    I'm guessing it is the side with the non white leader are the racists.

Who is the leader of Antifa and what is their manifesto?
    You can't judge people based on skin colour, that's racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I feel he's thought about slaughtering them too much. Best take away the weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I feel he's thought about slaughtering them too much. Best take away the weapons.

And has made a plan already.
    Radicalised by propaganda spread by people like Andy Ngo.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

A former Marine, Shane Kohfield, 32, recently had his five guns confiscated by the FBI via Oregon’s ‘Red Flag’ law. The FBI's action was reportedly prompted by remarks Kohfield made in public during a demonstration outside the home of Portland mayor Ted Wheeler in August. “If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, I’m going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. “I’d slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.” Based on the court order, Kohfield, who served two tours of duty in Iraq, was committed to a veteran’s hospital for 20 days and was barred from participating in subsequent protests in Portland.

So it seems in Oregon you can’t claim you will defend yourself with deadly force against someone who tries to kill you with deadly force.

Yet Antifa gets away with constantly threatening people and participating in actual violence against others peacefully protesting. Too bad all those predictions on global warming were wrong, or Portland would be under 20 feet of water by now.

Get up the yard! You’re actually defending this guy threatening to wipe out Antifa? Are you for real???

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I’m confident he will be given his guns back in short order and bring to light how wrong most of the ‘red flag’ laws are as written… as they do not provide for due process.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    Get up the yard! You’re actually defending this guy threatening to wipe out Antifa? Are you for real???
    I support people who would defend themselves against a violent organization if they start killing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I support people who would defend themselves against a violent organization if they start killing people.

I don’t think that’s the comment that secured the order against him. I don’t think you do either.

https://www.thewrap.com/hollywood-stars-donald-trump-violent-death-kathy-griffin-snoop-dogg/

How many of these Hollywood elite had their guns taken away and were committed for observation? Two systems of justice is a good thing?

In your mind a plan to wipe out ALL of Antifa constitutes defending yourself.

I’d like you to stop and think about that for a sec.

they/them/theirs

In your mind a plan to wipe out ALL of Antifa constitutes defending yourself.

I’d like you to stop and think about that for a sec.
    If a mob attempts to kill me I will defend myself.

Ok. As long as you don’t have a bunch of plans drawn out on how you plan to slaughter that mob preemptively.

Will you then track down people associated with the mob and kill them?

they/them/theirs

I’m confident he will be given his guns back in short order and bring to light how wrong most of the ‘red flag’ laws are as written… as they do not provide for due process.

Every time there's a mass shooting we're told guns don't kills people, people do. That mentally ill people should not have access to forearms. This is the only example I know of where this was followed through on. The FBI should be applauded.

As I said earlier, everything the police do is infallible until they do something you don't like. It's hilarious.

they/them/theirs

Will you then track down people associated with the mob and kill them?
    No.

If this person was provided with due process, as those Hollywood elite had been, I’m pretty sure the FBI would have discovered he wasn’t a potential threat.
    Kohfield told the Oregonian that he never planned to hurt anyone, but he understands how law enforcement perceived his comments.

“I looked dangerous and have the training to be dangerous,” he said.

Kohfield said he hoped his comments would present scary enough warning to deter physical violence in the first place.

• Advertisement

Every time there's a mass shooting we're told guns don't kills people, people do. That mentally ill people should not have access to forearms. This is the only example I know of where this was followed through on. The FBI should be applauded.

As I said earlier, everything the police do is infallible until they do something you don't like. It's hilarious.
    I agree that this individual should have IMMEDIATELY been investigated by the FBI. But I also think he should have been provided with due process.

No.

If this person was provided with due process, as those Hollywood elite had been, I’m pretty sure the FBI would have discovered he wasn’t a potential threat.

So you believe he was honest when he said he didn't want to hurt anyone. But you believe he was lying when he threatened to wipe out Antifa.

Does your brain not hurt from all of these mental gymnastics?

Any way, he spent 20 days in a VA hospital afterwards. You think that was because he was stable and rational? Most people are committed to mental hospitals for 5 days for assessment. Why was he in for 20, do you think?

they/them/theirs

I agree that this individual should have IMMEDIATELY been investigated by the FBI. But I also think he should have been provided with due process.

I think you're over looking some details to be honest. 20 days in a VA hospital.

I hope he got help he needed as is no longer a threat. If he is mentally ill, you agree he shouldn't own firearms?

they/them/theirs

No.

Tut tut, you’ve either been disingenuous or didn’t read into this guy

http://katu.com/news/local/canby-man-loses-right-to-bear-arms-after-saying-hed-slaughter-antifa

CANBY, Ore. — On Thursday, Shane Kohfield, 32, told KATU about a plan he sent to a U.S. congressman that he calls the "final solution.”

Kohfield was not arrested or charged with any crimes. The extreme risk protection order barring him from having guns for a year was filed in August by Clackamas County Deputy Jeremy Stinson, a member of the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force

In March, Kohfield sent a letter to U.S. Rep. Dan Crenshaw, R-Texas.

"He's a Navy SEAL, so I thought he would understand," Kohfield said.

In the letter, Kohfield told Crenshaw Congress needed to work to declare Antifa a terrorist organization, and if not he said he'd start implementing a "final solution" to systematically hunt down and kill all Antifa members.

"I know that sounds harsh, but the thing is how else am I supposed to stop them if the federal government won't label them a terrorist organization, if they won't arrest them?" Kohfield asked.

On July 20, Kohfield went to a rally outside Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler's home. He said he brought nearly 300 rounds of ammunition and had two concealed handguns on him at the time along with a knife.

He also had two other guns in his vehicle.

"In the car, I had a Mossberg 500 (a shotgun)," Kohfield explained. "I also had an AR-15 that I named 'Kindness.'"

He didn't bring them out or use his weapons because there was no violence but he said he told the crowd, "If Antifa starts slaughtering us, we have to be prepared to slaughter them back."

Kohfield said he did all of this knowing he'd get attention and in the hopes that word of his plan would stop people from harming each other.”

Tl;Dr the guy is a but and suffers from physical brain damage and PTSD from military duty. He put his “final solution” in writing to a US Congressman. Also, he still has the right of appeal, ie. Due process. Frankly he is given more due process for this than for most civil asset forfeiture cases.

Overheal wrote: »

http://katu.com/news/local/canby-man-loses-right-to-bear-arms-after-saying-hed-slaughter-antifa

CANBY, Ore. — On Thursday, Shane Kohfield, 32, told KATU about a plan he sent to a U.S. congressman that he calls the "final solution.”

Kohfield was not arrested or charged with any crimes. The extreme risk protection order barring him from having guns for a year was filed in August by Clackamas County Deputy Jeremy Stinson, a member of the FBI's Joint Terrorism Task Force

In the letter, Kohfield told Crenshaw Congress needed to work to declare Antifa a terrorist organization, and if not he said he'd start implementing a "final solution" to systematically hunt down and kill all Antifa members.

"I know that sounds harsh, but the thing is how else am I supposed to stop them if the federal government won't label them a terrorist organization, if they won't arrest them?" Kohfield asked.

On July 20, Kohfield went to a rally outside Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler's home. He said he brought nearly 300 rounds of ammunition and had two concealed handguns on him at the time along with a knife.

"In the car, I had a Mossberg 500 (a shotgun)," Kohfield explained. "I also had an AR-15 that I named 'Kindness.'"

He didn't bring them out or use his weapons because there was no violence but he said he told the crowd, "If Antifa starts slaughtering us, we have to be prepared to slaughter them back."

Kohfield said he did all of this knowing he'd get attention and in the hopes that word of his plan would stop people from harming each other.”

Tl;Dr the guy is a but and suffers from physical brain damage and PTSD from military duty. He put his “final solution” in writing to a US Congressman. Also, he still has the right of appeal, ie. Due process. Frankly he is given more due process for this than for most civil asset forfeiture cases.

Jesus, that is rough. The poor guy, PTSD must be horrible to deal with.

they/them/theirs

So you believe he was honest when he said he didn't want to hurt anyone. But you believe he was lying when he threatened to wipe out Antifa.

Does your brain not hurt from all of these mental gymnastics?

Any way, he spent 20 days in a VA hospital afterwards. You think that was because he was stable and rational? Most people are committed to mental hospitals for 5 days for assessment. Why was he in for 20, do you think?
    Does your brain not hurt from trying to twist my words?

I said… ‘I agree that this individual should have IMMEDIATELY been investigated by the FBI. But I also think he should have been provided with due process.’

If, through due process, it was determined he was a viable threat to himself or others THEN his guns should have been taken away.

I said… ‘I agree that this individual should have IMMEDIATELY been investigated by the FBI. But I also think he should have been provided with due process.’

If, through due process, it was determined he was a viable threat to himself or others THEN his guns should have been taken away.

Sounds like he WAS given due process. It was a LEO who applied for the order. He put his “final solution” in writing months ahead of the order. He still gets a hearing. What’s the problem?

Again. He was sent to a VA hospital for 20 days. Can you acknowledge that please. You don't think that was part of the "due process".

See Overheals post. The guy is mentally ill, he was sent for help. This isn't the hero you're looking for. This is a poor unfortunate who got caught up in something and a lot of people are lucky the intervention came in time.

This time the red flag law worked.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

You reckon the FBI broke the law?

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

Thanks. Ah, I had not known all that from the article I had read. Seems then he was provided with due process and taking his guns away might have been the proper action.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement