Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

20Cent wrote:
    Yeah he's designating them terrorists. Sorry it's the counter protesters he wants called terrorists while dropping funding for investigating and suppressing reports into the far right. No wonder they love him.

Hey hey there.... Are you going to admit you were talking **** when you said he didn't denounce them or are you just going to move onto your next round of bull****?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ironicname wrote: »
    For who?

Nazis? Oh right. Is that when I said I didn't like Nazis or white supremacists?

Or was it when I said it was silly of you to put up an obvious joke amongst clips of actual Nazis as you were diluting the meaning.

Can you make anti-Semitic jokes without being a Nazi?

Is there any racist/white supremacist/Nazi types around at all?
    I think it's fair to label people Nazis or such when they march with a swastika. I also think it's fair when Milo/Proud Boys court them by singing from the same hymn sheet, to say they've got questions to answer.
    Trump and his Republican lackeys, similarly with you, seem to be putting an inordinate amount of energy into trying to criminalise the antifa movement. I do not see the same energy put into speaking on and tackling the Alt-Right. Maybe that's because Trump/Milo/The Proud Boys, court their support?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Hey hey there.... Are you going to admit you were talking **** when you said he didn't denounce them or are you just going to move onto your next round of bull****?

Words dragged out of him.
    Action speak louder that words.

Clear where his priorities are:

Trump Shut Programs to Counter Violent Extremism
    https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/trump-shut-countering-violent-extremism-program/574237/

Trump officials have redirected resources from countering far-right, racism-fueled domestic terrorism
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2019-08-05/trump-officials-have-redirected-resources-from-countering-far-right-racism-fueled-domestic-terrorism

“WE ARE AT A TURNING POINT”: COUNTERTERRORISM EXPERTS SAY TRUMP IS INSPIRING A TERRIFYING NEW ERA OF RIGHT-WING VIOLENCE
    https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/11/trump-administration-tree-of-life-shooting-domestic-terrorism

Is there any racist/white supremacist/Nazi types around at all? I think it's fair to label people Nazis or such when they march with a swastika. I also think it's fair when Milo/Proud Boys court them by singing from the same hymn sheet, to say they've got questions to answer. Trump and his Republican lackeys, similarly with you, seem to be putting an inordinate amount of energy into trying to criminalise the antifa movement. I do not see the same energy put into speaking on and tackling the Alt-Right. Maybe that's because Trump/Milo/The Proud Boys, court their support?

Yep there are. That's why I said that it was silly to put up the Milo clip in amongst the clips of the real Nazis.

Yep there are. That's why I said that it was silly to put up the Milo clip in amongst the clips of the real Nazis.

How does one tell the ironic nazi's from the real ones?

• Advertisement

Yeah, but that's Milo's shtick. He's likely not a racist/fascist or whatever, but he feeds on their hate and wallows in it for online 'likes'. The fact that he may be trolling or being ironic, doesn't excuse his actions and speech.

20Cent wrote:
    Words dragged out of him. Action speak louder that words.

So he did say it then? Multiple times?

So were you lying or just plain ignorant when you stated as fact that Trump wouldn't condemn white supremacists?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If antifa are terrorists why doesn’t Donald Trump invite them to camp David ?

So he did say it then? Multiple times?

So were you lying or just plain ignorant when you stated as fact that Trump wouldn't condemn white supremacists?

Ignore the bigger picture.
    Pick something small and go on and on about it.
    Alt right debate trick number 342

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

this sheit is exhausting.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote:
    Ignore the bigger picture. Pick something small and go on and on about it. Alt right debate trick number 342

Nope. Asked you a question, which you refuse to answer because it shows you to be a liar.

You blatently lied, then when called out you ignore the fact that you lied and move onto something else.

20cent tactic number 2. (Number 1 is calling people he disagrees with grifters with an annoying and alarming frequency)

this sheit is exhausting.

I agree. I'm out. 20cent and Matt can have it. There's no talking to some people. You'd think the fact that I have stated that I hate Nazis and white supremacists would be enough. But no. I must agree that people who aren't Nazis are Nazis.

**** that ****

"proud boy" and"patriot" prayer member member Boy Reggie threatening mayor of Portland Ted Wheeler. Driven insane by right wing grifters.

https://twitter.com/RoseCityAntifa/status/1090677194039291904

https://twitter.com/leftkist/status/1171965425065889792

These are the people who want to march all the time intimidating locals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

20Cent wrote: »
    Another person fooled by the grifters.

And yet you make my point. Cheers.

The chap above patriot prayer and proud boy member marked Sept 11 by going to the train station in Portland where another patriot prayer guy murdered two people to wave a flag about. This is the mindset of these people antifa are trying to stop.

20Cent wrote:
    The chap above patriot prayer and proud boy member marked Sept 11 by going to the train station in Portland where another patriot prayer guy murdered two people to wave a flag about. This is the mindset of these people antifa are trying to stop.

Garbled ****e. Keep it up 20cent. You only missed the word grifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Seemed pretty clear to me. Maybe the issue is with your understanding?

Seemed pretty clear to me. Maybe the issue is with your understanding?

Doubt it. I'm sure anyone inside your echo chamber read it loud and clear though. Aul 20cent is a dog whistling grifter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Doubt it. I'm sure anyone inside your echo chamber read it loud and clear though. Aul 20cent is a dog whistling grifter.

i'm not really sure you know what that means. have they posted links to a gofundme or patreon that I missed? are they driving clicks to their website where they hawk products of dubious efficacy?

i'm not really sure you know what that means. have they posted links to a gofundme or patreon that I missed? are they driving clicks to their website where they hawk products of dubious efficacy?

Oh sorry. I thought that because 20cent could bandy it about to anyone, it had become as meaningless as fascist.

Fire ahead lads.

• Advertisement

As I say there's nothing racists and fascists like more than people telling everyone those words have lost all meaning.

As I say there's nothing racists and fascists like more than people telling everyone those words have lost all meaning.

So deep. So brave. So virtuous. You're live a modern day Princess Diana.

Sorry, you defending not calling racists people racist or fascist? Or just the racists you like?

Instead of a smart remark maybe a better thing to do would be to show how it's wrong?

Instead of a smart remark maybe a better thing to do would be to show how it's wrong?

He's leafing through the Alt-Right handbook, he'll likely call you a snowflake or something in a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yeah he's designating them terrorists.
    Sorry it's the counter protesters he wants called terrorists while dropping funding for investigating and suppressing reports into the far right. No wonder they love him.

Gobbledygook.

You said Trump had never condemned those he cleary condems in the video, and multiple times too. You're essentially refusing to accept a fact and your gobbledygook in no way dilutes that.

Ah in fairness now, Antifa don't have too many overheads, what with them mostly living in their mom's basement, but they have had quite a few GoFundMe pages made on their behalf though, some even promoted by members of the US congress.

Gobbledygook.

You said Trump had never condemned those he cleary condems in the video, and multiple times too. You're essentially refusing to accept a fact and your gobbledygook in no way dilutes that.

Ah in fairness now, Antifa don't have too many overheads, what with them mostly living in their mom's basement, but they have had quite a few GoFundMe pages made on their behalf though, some even promoted by members of the US congress.

You got the bat signal did you? ;)

Trump stirs hatred of minorities. He is racist.

Yep, slag them off for living with mammy, no actually point mind and then I suppose if you keep repeating the same lie it might not be challenged at some point....unlikely.

Trump stirs hatred of minorities. He is racist.

No he isn't

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭rocksolidfat

Why is it that you are upset about that poster pointing out far right extremism and threats of violence? I could understand if you were upset about people defending antifa doing likewise, but your point of contention seems to be them drawing light of far right extremism, full stop. So why is that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

Imagine claiming Trump isn't racist in 2019.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement