Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

20Cent wrote: »

TBH, I would have thought with the KKK, this was already the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Don't worry it'll be gone again next week. They flip-flop on that like no-one's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Why?
    Probably because Antifa are domestic terrorists.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

notobtuse wrote: »

Strange that terrorists are allowed protest in the streets and aren't being arrested. Meanwhile with the far right.

US soldier arrested for sharing bomb-making instructions and discussing bombing TV station

https://www.thejournal.ie/us-solider-arrested-over-bomb-making-instructions-4821938-Sep2019/

Along with sharing bomb-making instructions in a Facebook group chat, Smith discussed plans to attack a major TV news network using a car bomb and target members of the leftist group Antifa, the FBI said. The network was not identified in court documents.

Smith also expressed an interest in traveling to Ukraine to fight with a far-right paramilitary group there, the Azov Battalion, according to the FBI.

Driven mad by propaganda spread by grifters like Andy Ngo are going to kill more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Strange that terrorists are allowed protest in the streets and aren't being arrested. Meanwhile with the far right.

US soldier arrested for sharing bomb-making instructions and discussing bombing TV station

https://www.thejournal.ie/us-solider-arrested-over-bomb-making-instructions-4821938-Sep2019/

Along with sharing bomb-making instructions in a Facebook group chat, Smith discussed plans to attack a major TV news network using a car bomb and target members of the leftist group Antifa, the FBI said. The network was not identified in court documents.

Smith also expressed an interest in traveling to Ukraine to fight with a far-right paramilitary group there, the Azov Battalion, according to the FBI.

Driven mad by propaganda spread by grifters like Andy Ngo are going to kill more people.

Lone wolf.

No, no, no, you don’t understand. This is all self defence against the violent terrorist movement of Antifa.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Any sign of the furry Nazi's yet lads ?

• Advertisement

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Any sign of the furry Nazi's yet lads ?

Not till December.
    Skin and hair will be flying.

3F3FC3F700000578-4412692-image-a-4_1492190322184.jpg

Brian? wrote: »
    You trust the liberal lame stream media now?
    They can't be wrong ALL the time.

Apparently not only Joey Gibson and Patriot Prayer are in hot water for the Portland May Day brawl, know as the Cider Riot. Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) has concluded the owner of Cider Riot, Abram Goldman-Armstrong, should face administrative charges for his behavior that day:
    The investigators allege Goldman-Armstrong, who was at Cider Riot during the altercation, photographed patrons using “illegal weapons”. He was also aware of multiple people getting injured throughout the confrontation, which lasted more than a half-hour.

“Goldman-Armstrong stated that his patrons were only acting in self-defense but clearly, according to the video, he was present and watching as patrons displayed aggressive behavior,” wrote state inspector Genny Welp.

The Cider Riot owner never tried to remove these patrons from his pub, investigators allege, which state rules require.

He and the security guard working that day, Joseph LeVasseaur, also provided false statements, the investigators allege in the report…

The report recommends Cider Riot’s owner and staff to be charged with providing false statements, failure to evict and permitting unlawful and disorderly activity, all state alcohol license violations. A charge of destroyed or concealed evidence also appears in the report, but the details of that allegation are redacted.

Happy justice isn’t completely biased in Portland.

Apparently not only Joey Gibson and Patriot Prayer are in hot water for the Portland May Day brawl, know as the Cider Riot. Oregon Liquor Control Commission (OLCC) has concluded the owner of Cider Riot, Abram Goldman-Armstrong, should face administrative charges for his behavior that day:

The racist groups march in Portland to stir things up. That makes them scum bags only out to cause trouble IMO, so complaining when they get it is the opposite, I'm sure they love it. They can play the patriotic martyrs while they spread hate.

They can't be wrong ALL the time.

You trust them when they tell you what you want to hear.

they/them/theirs

So your contention that Antifa are getting a pass in Portland has completely fallen apart. Nice.

they/them/theirs

You trust them when they tell you what you want to hear.
    Nah, I do trust them when their reporting is unbiased... which is becoming rarer and rarer these days, evidenced as trust in the media by consumers has hit rock bottom.

So your contention that Antifa are getting a pass in Portland has completely fallen apart. Nice.
    Sure took long enough. Let's see if actual charges by law enforcement are undertaken, or if the mayor once again handcuffs the police from doing their jobs.

Nah, I do trust them when their reporting is unbiased... which is becoming rarer and rarer these days, evidenced as trust in the media by consumers has hit rock bottom.

So how do you know when it’s unbiased? When it says something you like ?

they/them/theirs

Sure took long enough. Let's see if actual charges by law enforcement are undertaken, or if the mayor once again handcuffs the police from doing their jobs.

You’ve yet to prove the police were ever impeded by the mayor. You’re just telling the same lie over and over.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

When the media reports are done by journalists instead of activists.

You’ve yet to prove the police were ever impeded by the mayor. You’re just telling the same lie over and over.
    Are you calling the Portland police department liars?

You cite the media every other day, just a media skewed in your favour. A media that tells you you're right. A media funded and owned by the right.
    Would you not read from a few different sources and come up with a conclusion of your own?
    The mainstream media reports facts. There is an element of spin, but it is by no means 'fake news', a term used by a known liar who trips himself up more often than not.

You cite the media every other day, just a media skewed in your favour. A media that tells you you're right. A media funded and owned by the right.
    Would you not read from a few different sources and come up with a conclusion of your own?
    The mainstream media reports facts. There is an element of spin, but it is by no means 'fake news', a term used by a known liar who trips himself up more often than not.
    Of course I cite the media in my reporting. I thought is was mandatory for anyone on the Right (and only the Right) to provide sources to back up their contentions. I read RealClearPolitics every day, both Right and Left articles as they often have reporting on the same subject from both the Left and Right. Just look at the headlines and tell me there is no bias. I can read the headlines and tell you in one-to-three guesses who the media entity is.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

I must admit, though, my favorite reporting source is PJ Media. Their reporting/commentary on the money, their common sense is impeccable, and their humor is top notch.
    https://pjmedia.com/

Are you calling the Portland police department liars?

I'm calling the head of the Portland police union incorrect. Let's drop the hyperbole.

You have zero evidence that the police were ordered to pay off Antifa and a lot of recent arrests of Antifa members on the opposite side. You're on a loser here.

they/them/theirs

When the media reports are done by journalists instead of activists.

They're all done by journalists.

I'd have more respect for your position if you flat out refused to use mainstream media sources. But instead you're happy to use them when they agree with you. The hypocrisy is hilarious.

they/them/theirs

Of course I cite the media in my reporting. I thought is was mandatory for anyone on the Right (and only the Right) to provide sources to back up their contentions. I read RealClearPolitics every day, both Right and Left articles as they often have reporting on the same subject from both the Left and Right. Just look at the headlines and tell me there is no bias. I can read the headlines and tell you in one-to-three guesses who the media entity is.
    https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

I must admit, though, my favorite reporting source is PJ Media. Their reporting/commentary on the money, their common sense is impeccable, and their humor is top notch.
    https://pjmedia.com/

Right. You love media that tells you you're right. You do not appreciate unbiased reporting.

I scanned PJ media, it's predominantly opinion pieces. You do know the difference between a news article and an opinion piece?

they/them/theirs

Right. You love media that tells you you're right. You do not appreciate unbiased reporting.

I scanned PJ media, it's predominantly opinion pieces. You do know the difference between a news article and an opinion piece?
    There is very little unbiased reporting these days.

That's why I noted it as being reporting/commentary. It's a mixture of reporting and opinion.

CNN's Jim Acosta says media 'neutrality' doesn't serve us in the age of Trump, and admitted to 'showboating' and 'grandstanding.' 'Journalists' should have their titles in quotes, nowadays.

Don’t they pretty much all, anymore?

I'm calling the head of the Portland police union incorrect. Let's drop the hyperbole.

You have zero evidence that the police were ordered to pay off Antifa and a lot of recent arrests of Antifa members on the opposite side. You're on a loser here.
    The head of the union for Portland police is the spokesman for the rank and file police members… you know... the guys and gals who put their lives on the line everyday and only worry about the jobs they do and not the politics that restrict them from doing their jobs.

Who said the police paid off Antifa? Please provide sources to back it up. And stay consistent on your comments and make sure they aren’t sources that tell you that you are right or agree with you! (See how silly what you say now sounds?)

• Advertisement

The head of the union for Portland police is the spokesman for the rank and file police members… you know... the guys and gals who put their lives on the line everyday and only worry about the jobs they do and not the politics that restrict them from doing their jobs.

And the mayor who disagreed with him was elected by the entire population of Portland to serve them. You choose to believe one over the other based on your own bias.
    Who said the police paid off Antifa? Please provide sources to back it up. And stay consistent on your comments and make sure they aren’t sources that tell you that you are right or agree with you! (See how silly what you say now sounds?)

Typo. It should have said “lay off”

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement