Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

DanDan6592 wrote: »

I don't deny he did. But how is that "encouraging" people towards the far-right?

Also, have you got a weird framing around our comments to each other or is it just my end?

It's obvious he is giving a platform for dodgy characters to peddle their propaganda unopposed or questioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Mini-fascist Justin Barrett got milkshaked today. :)

https://twitter.com/aisghair/status/1177665460449484800

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

I love a good milkshaking usually but that video makes me feel sorry for the fella, even if he is anti-choice etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,578 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He put on a good front for a young guy with possibly the largest set of ears on a walking talking Irish adult atm (Guinness, check that one) but yeah I don't want to encourage that kind of behavior. I hate to call it violent, because its such a soft form of it, but. There's just no need for it is there, in the current Irish political climate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Mini-fascist Justin Barrett got milkshaked today.

"Mini fascist"... Jesus.

Delighting in seeing a politician being assaulted because you don't agree with him is certainly not a good trait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Is that a racist attack or is that only for milkshakes thrown at non-nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No fan of Barrett but a bunch of rich kid knobheads going around milkshaking people isn't appealing either.

Danzy wrote:
    No fan of Barrett but a bunch of rich kid knobheads going around milkshaking people isn't appealing either.

I'm not a fan of a lot of people. It doesn't give me the right to assault them. It's actually sickening to see people delight in politicians getting assaulted for having a different opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The National, Party needs a 16-year girl to warn everyone about the future disaster of immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

20Cent wrote: »
    It's obvious he is giving a platform for dodgy characters to peddle their propaganda unopposed or questioned.

So we're back to being a bad interviewer. He's discussed many things with many different people.

Regardless, the original paper you linked does not blame the IDW or the likes of Dave Rubin, but YouTubes Algorithms. You were misrepresenting the research.

• Advertisement

So we're back to being a bad interviewer. He's discussed many things with many different people.

Regardless, the original paper you linked does not blame the IDW or the likes of Dave Rubin, but YouTubes Algorithms. You were misrepresenting the research.

U read it yet?

He has no idea who his guest is or what they have done, doesn't challenge lies. Incompetent is generous. I'd say more he knows but the more controversial stuff means more views etc for him.

U read it yet?

He has no idea who his guest is or what they have done, doesn't challenge lies. Incompetent is generous. I'd say more he knows but the more controversial stuff means more views etc for him.

Yes. And it blames YouTube algorithms. Not IDW individuals themselves. Thus the paper doesn't back up your claim that Dave Rubin "encourages" people towards the far-right. That is simply an opinion of yours and nothing else.
    Also, the claim of radicalization the paper makes has no basis. Just because someone watches and makes (1 or 2) comments on a alt-right or lite video doesn't mean they've been radicilized.

Right so Dave Rubin is incompetent. That still doesn't mean he "encourages" people to the far-right. How can you claim that if you say he probably doesn't even know who his guests are?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,127 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Mini-fascist Justin Barrett got milkshaked today. :)

I would have thought a brown coloured shake would be the instrument of choice.

Yes. And it blames YouTube algorithms. Not IDW individuals themselves. Thus the paper doesn't back up your claim that Dave Rubin "encourages" people towards the far-right. That is simply an opinion of yours and nothing else.
    Also, the claim of radicalization the paper makes has no basis. Just because someone watches and makes (1 or 2) comments on a alt-right or lite video doesn't mean they've been radicilized.

Right so Dave Rubin is incompetent. That still doesn't mean he "encourages" people to the far-right. How can you claim that if you say he probably doesn't even know who his guests are?

2014-09-19-1062sea.png

vriesmays wrote: »
    The National, Party needs a 16-year girl to warn everyone about the future disaster of immigration.

Haha touché.

2014-09-19-1062sea.png

What are you getting at? Try and engage me in an adult way please.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

What are you getting at? Try and engage me in an adult way please.

that clearly went over your head

that clearly went over your head

How am I sealioning? Unless he meant Dave Rubin. Its not clear.

Ironicname wrote: »
    "Mini fascist"... Jesus.

Delighting in seeing a politician being assaulted because you don't agree with him is certainly not a good trait.

"Politician"... Jesus. He has never been - and thankfully never will be - elected to any position. He's a mad little racist with a silly voice.

"Assaulted"... Jesus, it's a milkshake, not acid.

"Delighting"... more amused, tbh.

"Politician"... Jesus. He has never been - and thankfully never will be - elected to any position. He's a mad little racist with a silly voice.

"Delighting"... more amused, tbh.

It's am assault and should be viewed as such.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    It's am assault and should be viewed as such.

If only all assaults were so harmless.

Light can be considered a tool used in assault, never mind throwing a projectile at someone, methinks you need to familiarize yourself with the non-fatal offences act...

If only all assaults were so harmless.

Ifs and ands and pots and pans.

Assault is assault, the severity is a legal matter.

He would have the right and reasonably so to take this to the Guards and seek legal restitution.

They don't need to see jail but pay compensation, community service would be fair as it isn't the extreme end yet.

You can be certain some of their parents will be well connected so they won't get a record or anything.

Would be very different if they were working class.

PostWoke wrote: »
    Light can be considered a tool used in assault, never mind throwing a projectile at someone, methinks you need to familiarize yourself with the non-fatal offences act...

There needs to be a 'non-fatal-or-indeed-harmful offences against the fascist' act to deal with milkshaking these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Danzy wrote: »
    Ifs and ands and pots and pans.

Assault is assault, the severity is a legal matter.

He would have the right and reasonably so to take this to the Guards and seek legal restitution.

They don't need to see jail but pay compensation, community service would be fair as it isn't the extreme end yet.

You can be certain some of their parents will be well connected so they won't get a record or anything.

Would be very different if they were working class.

given how our district courts deal with criminals a donation to the poor box is more likely.

given how our district courts deal with criminals a donation to the poor box is more likely.

Justin has benefited from this himself in the past

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/youth-defence-unrepentant-as-eight-convicted-26153253.html

There needs to be a 'non-fatal-or-indeed-harmful offences against the fascist' act to deal with milkshaking these people.

No.

Also, throwing the word 'fascist' around as you are makes you sound like a first year Arts student.

No the law needs to apply to people regardless of who their daddy is. Aspiration should at least be there

Even a formal caution from the Guards, have them pay his dry cleaning.

The laws are already present.

PostWoke wrote: »
    No.

Also, throwing the word 'fascist' around as you are makes you sound like a first year Arts student.

You'd want to do some research on Barrett before accusing people of throwing the word 'fascist' around.

• Advertisement

You'd want to do some research on Barrett before accusing people of throwing the word 'fascist' around.

Enlighten me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement