Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

Talcum powder. Classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Business attacked by thugs patriot prayer

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/05/owner-of-cider-riot-sues-joey-gibson-after-may-1-clash-outside-portland-bar.html

Cider Riot is Suing Patriot Prayer and Joey Gibson for May Day Violence
    https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2019/05/03/26423657/cider-riot-is-suing-patriot-prayer-and-joey-gibson-for-may-day-violence

Andy Ngo the "journalist" was there on the side of the attackers. He also doxed the name of the injured girl.

20Cent wrote:
    People hanging out in a bar when totally peaceful "patriot prayer" arrive attacking people. Andy Ngo there as well. This is where the girl was seriously injured.

20Cent wrote:
    Andy Ngo the "journalist" was there on the side of the attackers. He also doxed the name of the injured girl.

And yet in the three examples you provided, he wasn't mentioned once. Why is that?

Those patriot prayer and antifa seem like the two arse cheeks of the same spotty arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

20Cent wrote: »
    Business attacked by thugs patriot prayer

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/05/owner-of-cider-riot-sues-joey-gibson-after-may-1-clash-outside-portland-bar.html

Cider Riot is Suing Patriot Prayer and Joey Gibson for May Day Violence
    https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtown/2019/05/03/26423657/cider-riot-is-suing-patriot-prayer-and-joey-gibson-for-may-day-violence

You see here is the demeaning of women as subservients to the far right and our conservative friend Andy is fine with that. Women deserve control over their own bodies as fought in our 8th referenda at home but yet women have lost rights over their own bodies in conservative(Andy type) states and yet here on this thread we have anti-women posters who never ever will bare a child and raise it, they want rights gained by women to be removed so they are submissive to men.

klaaaz wrote:
    You see here is the demeaning of women as subservients to the far right and our conservative friend Andy is fine with that. Women deserve control over their own bodies as fought in our 8th referenda at home but yet women have lost rights over their own bodies in conservative(Andy type) states and yet here on this thread we have anti-women posters who never ever will bare a child and raise it, they want rights gained by women to be removed so they are submissive to men.

What are you talking about?

Most people aren't fans of antifa being able to smash the heads off people for having different opinions. You are fine with violence when it suits. Don't be a hypocrite.

You've gone off the deep end with that post chief. See you when you get a little more lucid. I think you may have gone into white knight autopilot there.

• Advertisement

And yet in the three examples you provided, he wasn't mentioned once. Why is that?

Those patriot prayer and antifa seem like the two arse cheeks of the same spotty arse.

He was there he says he was there ffs.
    He went with a gang of fascists to attack a bar.
    He's not a "journalist"

20Cent wrote:
    He was there he says he was there ffs. He went with a gang of fascists to attack a bar. He's not a "journalist"

Ok. He said he was there. That bit can be confirmed.

Can you confirm the bit where he went to attack a bar with fascists?

Actually, without using a dictionary, can you tell me what your understanding of what a fascist is to you?

Ok. He said he was there. That bit can be confirmed.

Can you confirm the bit where he went to attack a bar with fascists?

Actually, without using a dictionary, can you tell me what your understanding of what a fascist is to you?

You don't seem to know the basics of the topic being discussed.
    Perhaps a different thread would be of more use to you.

What are you talking about?

Most people aren't fans of antifa being able to smash the heads off people for having different opinions. You are fine with violence when it suits. Don't be a hypocrite.

You've gone off the deep end with that post chief. See you when you get a little more lucid. I think you may have gone into white knight autopilot there.

The Proud Boys and their compatriots in the Patriot Prayer in Portland have in their manifesto for women to be servants of men. That is removing women of their hard won rights since the suffragettes, are you ok with this Dunner? (despite you and others demeaning the opposition as "insert curse word" to women's rights)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Patriot Prayer seem to be just a working class foil to ANTIFA.

A plague on both their houses.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote:
    You don't seem to know the basics of the topic being discussed. Perhaps a different thread would be of more use to you.

Classic deflection.

You posted three links to a story which never mentioned Ngo in any way. Somehow that was enough evidence for you to determine that he deserved a vicious beating.

I know where I stand on that matter. I am adamantly against it.

I know the basics. You can't even explain what you think a fascist is, never mind why you think it's ok to use violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

the reality of it is, left right, whatever. If you think for one second that a group of people covering their face marching down a road and beating somebody for their political views or what you presume are their political views is in any way acceptable then you have a massive problem and should seek professional help.

klaaaz wrote:
    The Proud Boys and their compatriots in the Patriot Prayer in Portland have in their manifesto for women to be servants of men. That is removing women of their hard won rights since the suffragettes, are you ok with this Dunner? (despite you and others demeaning the opposition as "insert curse word" to women's rights)

They actually don't.

What they (proud boys) do is promote "traditional" gender roles in a family (i.e the woman be a full time mother and the father be the breadwinner).

It is not mandatory, but recommended.

I'm ok with that. I don't agree with it but as a suggestion I don't think it's the worst thing I've heard. My missus earns a **** tonne more than me.

Women have equal rights. I am more than happy with that.

What's your point?

They actually don't.

What they (proud boys) do is promote "traditional" gender roles in a family (i.e the woman be a full time mother and the father be the breadwinner).

It is not mandatory, but recommended.

I'm ok with that. I don't agree with it but as a suggestion I don't think it's the worst thing I've heard. My missus earns a **** tonne more than me.

Women have equal rights. I am more than happy with that.

What's your point?

Err Dunner, the Proud Boys have in their manifesto that women are subservient to men, they are proud chauvinists. You proud of that?

klaaaz wrote:
    Err Dunner, the Proud Boys have in their manifesto that women are subservient to men, they are proud chauvinists. You proud of that?

I'm not a proud boy. Why would I be proud of their beliefs?

Please point me to where it says that in their manifesto. I have never seen that.

They are western chauvinists. I don't see an issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

20Cent wrote: »
    People hanging out in a bar when totally peaceful "patriot prayer" arrive attacking people. Andy Ngo there as well. This is where the girl was seriously injured.

No wonder he's not popular with antifa.

Cider Shop Sues Portland’s Far-Right Extremists
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/portland-brewpub-cider-riot-sues-far-right-group-patriot-prayer-for-repeated-attacks

One Patriot Prayer member, Ian Kramer, “used a baton to crack a Cider Riot patron on the head, knocking her unconscious. Upon information and belief, she suffered a serious vertebrae fracture,” the suit reads. (Patriot Prayer members are notoriously misogynist. Commenters on Gibson’s Facebook posts can be found dismissing anti-fascist women as “not women,” and discussing attacking them.)

Ah yes, the infamous broken neck girl who was doxxed, you have been banging on about in various posts.

https://twitter.com/itsmikebivins/status/1123784667453382657
    Now I could be wrong, but seeing where both groups meet in the above video, it looks like she was involved in a fracas between Antifa and some other group on the city streets. What I find odd, is the video starts almost the second she got whacked in the head but there doesn't seem to be any versions showing what was going on prior to her getting knocked out.

I'm not a proud boy. Why would I be proud of their beliefs?

Please point me to where it says that in their manifesto. I have never seen that.

They are western chauvinists. I don't see an issue with that.

You're here to defend them, yes?

Yet you say to point to their beliefs(on their website) and at the same time say they are chauvinists(true), which is it or are you confused?

Do you believe that women have rights contrary to the Proud Boys??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Venom wrote: »
    What I find odd, is the video starts almost the second she got whacked in the head but there doesn't seem to be any versions showing what was going on prior to her getting knocked out.

This is what i do hate about all these youtube clips...there nearly always edited to sh1t

Personally wouldnt trust youtube clip or anyone who cites one as evidemce anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Ah yes, the infamous broken neck girl who was doxxed, you have been banging on about in various posts.

Now I could be wrong, but seeing where both groups meet in the above video, it looks like she was involved in a fracas between Antifa and some other group on the city streets. What I find odd, is the video starts almost the second she got whacked in the head but there doesn't seem to be any versions showing what was going on prior to her getting knocked out.

Full video here, to see the attack start around the 7:40 min mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

_blaaz wrote: »
    This is what i do hate about all these youtube clips...there nearly always edited to sh1t

Personally wouldnt trust youtube clip or anyone who cites one as evidemce anymore

Yeah unless the clip starts a good bit beforehand showing exactly what was really going on, no way would I trust it as fact.

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote:
    You're here to defend them, yes?
    Not my reason to be here. I'm just pointing out you are wrong.
    klaaaz wrote:
    Yet you say to point to their beliefs(on their website) and at the same time say they are chauvinists(true), which is it or are you confused?

Sorry. Do you know what a chauvinist is? It's important as I think you may have your definition wrong. It's important.
    klaaaz wrote:
    Do you believe that women have rights contrary to the Proud Boys??

Oh no. I think that proud boys obviously have the final say of what rights anyone has...

Is that a serious question?

Have you asked me if a group made up as a joke by satirical comedian Gavin McInnes has final say on women's rights?

Give your head a wobble Klaaaz. You are getting more and more absurd.

They were in a bar. "patriot prayer" went there to attack them. Not the first time either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Yeah unless the clip starts a good bit beforehand showing exactly what was really going on, no way would I trust it as fact.

Even at that....noone knows what run ins people could have been in days/weeks beforehand

Youtube is good for tutorials/basic info etc...but no place to form.political opioions

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭UpBack1234

I think it's important not to get too hung up on groups like the Proud Boys as they're so small in number and are pretty much irrelevant to US politics in every way - beyond trying very hard to be as offensive as possible for a bit of attention. Plus the fights these people have at protests are of no more significance than a couple of schoolkids having a scrap on a green somewhere. The fascist in the White House is the only one worth wasting your energy on ðŸ‘

Not my reason to be here. I'm just pointing out you are wrong.

Sorry. Do you know what a chauvinist is? It's important as I think you may have your definition wrong. It's important.

Oh my. They believe that women are subservient to men.
    Oh no. I think that proud boys obviously have the final say of what rights anyone has...

Is that a serious question?

You said it, women have less rights than men. Why do you deny women their rights?
    Have you asked me if a group made up as a joke by satirical comedian Gavin McInnes has final say on women's rights?

Give your head a wobble Klaaaz. You are getting more and more absurd.

No satirical stuff there Dunner, those guys in Oregon believe that men are superior to women and it's obvious that you agree with that.

klaaaz wrote:
    Oh my. They believe that women are subservient to men.
    Oh my. Look up the definition of the word. It doesn't mean what you think it does
    klaaaz wrote:
    You said it, women have less rights than men. Why do you deny women their rights?

That was with tongue firmly planted in cheek. You know this. Silly goose.
    klaaaz wrote:
    No satirical stuff there Dunner, those guys in Oregon believe that men are superior to women and it's obvious that you agree with that.

I am the proud father of a daughter. I raised her by myself and was lucky enough to have found a lovely stepmother and wife when my baby girl was 4.

I was raised by my mam and sister after my brother and dad died 3 months apart when I was 12.

I was raised by women and am raising a fantastic little girl.

Yet still, I don't believe they are better than me or I better than them.

You knew nothing about me except that I won't white knight and that alone made it "obvious" that my opinion was men are superior?

Who is the prejudiced one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I am the proud father of a daughter. I raised her by myself and was lucky enough to have found a lovely stepmother and wife when my baby girl was 4.

I was raised by my mam and sister after my brother and dad died 3 months apart when I was 12.

You knew nothing about me except that I won't white knight and that alone made it "obvious" that my opinion was men are superior?

That is just beautiful. :)

Oh my. Look up the definition of the word. It doesn't mean what you think it does

That was with tongue firmly planted in cheek. You know this. Silly goose.

Oh Dunner dun dun you yourself said

Your poor daughter is being raised to be subservient to men as per the Proud Boys doctrine. Give the girl her rights as equal to a boy, it's horrific to think that poor girl is being raised to be inferior to boys??

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What is this "Proud Boys" rubbish? There are so many of these groups its impossible to keep up. Always the same few people involved in the upper branches anyway. Just need to rebrand every so often when one group burns too many bridges :pac:

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote:
    Your poor daughter is being raised to be subservient to men as per the Proud Boys doctrine. Give the girl her rights as equal to a boy, it's horrific to think that poor girl is being raised to be inferior to boys??

Being a mother in the traditional sense is so far from being subservient.

I don't live my life by proud boy rules. A woman can choose what they want to do.
    I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't refer to my daughter as "poor".

My daughter is being raised as an equal. No better or no worse. But different.

She won't need your white knighting. She will decide her own path.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement