Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Being a mother in the traditional sense is so far from being subservient.

I don't live my life by proud boy rules. A woman can choose what they want to do.
    I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't refer to my daughter as "poor".

My daughter is being raised as an equal. No better or no worse. But different.

She won't need your white knighting. She will decide her own path.

What if her path involves white knighting? *gasp* or if she brings home a brown boy? Or has she been raised to know these (and PC and SJW points) are not allowed?

pjohnson wrote:
    What if her path involves white knighting? *gasp* or if she brings home a brown boy? Or has she been raised to know these (and PC and SJW points) are not allowed?

Sorry... Are you implying I am a racist?

Sorry... Are you implying I am a racist?

Sorry...lets say an "undocumented" or "immigrant" boyfriend if either of those are more PC for you.

pjohnson wrote:

But to answer your question, no. She has been told that she is no better or no worse than anyone else by virtue of her gender or her race. What sets her apart is her character and morals.

I know I should be encouraging her to be ashamed of her privilege, her skin etc and that there are an infinite amount of genders.

I guess I'm a monster

pjohnson wrote:
    Sorry...lets say an "undocumented" or "immigrant" boyfriend if either of those are more PC for you.

Oh an illegal immigrant? Are they the same as brown people to you? Sorry chief. I see you were being an edgy troll. I'll leave you alone.

• Advertisement

But to answer your question, no. She has been told that she is no better or no worse than anyone else by virtue of her gender or her race. What sets her apart is her character and morals.

I know I should be encouraging her to be ashamed of her privilege, her skin etc and that there are an infinite amount of genders.

I guess I'm a monster

You didnt answer what you would do if she breached your rules. Cant imagine the poor girl will get much help if she turns out to like girls. Thought this mentality died out.

pjohnson wrote:
    You didnt answer what you would do if she breached your rules. Cant imagine the poor girl will get much help if she turns out to like girls.

Ha bless. I hate "browns" and "gays" in your opinion?

My daughter will be fine. I have rules when it comes to parenting my child. Every parent should. Thankfully, none of them concern racism or homophobia.

Proud Boys would be a great name for a gay nightclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I think many here are amazed that people view Antifa as different to militant fascists.

They are just more numerous and from better off homes but that is it.

They are awful people, abusing power, for the kick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

My daughter will be fine. I have rules when it comes to parenting my child. Every parent should. Thankfully, none of them concern racism or homophobia.

Please shield your daughter from the chauvinistic Proud Boys and their supporters here on boards, your daughter is equal to any son and deserves happiness millions of miles away from the far right hate.

• Advertisement

Proud Boys would be a great name for a gay nightclub.

The absurdity of the name is why it was picked. It was from a very cringy song from a musical I believe.

klaaaz wrote:
    Please shield your daughter from the chauvinistic Proud Boys and their supporters here on boards, your daughter is equal to any son and deserves happiness millions of miles away from the far right hate.

She will. She will also be shielded from antifa and advocates of gender fluidity until she is old enough.

She will. She will also be shielded from antifa and advocates of gender fluidity until she is old enough.

You were going well until you introduced your prejudice against the gender fluidity population which have zero harm on a child's development.

klaaaz wrote:
    You were going well until you introduced your prejudice against the gender fluidity population which have zero harm on a child's development.

Ha. Sorry to disappoint you. I'll be keeping that away from my daughter for as long as possible thanks.

The literal infinite about of genders and the insistence of preferred pronouns is harmful. Not just to children but to society. But that's a different topic.

Anyway. Antifa are just as bad as any right wing group you can find and I oppose them just as much as I would oppose Nazis

Ha. Sorry to disappoint you. I'll be keeping that away from my daughter for as long as possible thanks.

The literal infinite about of genders and the insistence of preferred pronouns is harmful. Not just to children but to society. But that's a different topic.

Anyway. Antifa are just as bad as any right wing group you can find and I oppose them just as much as I would oppose Nazis

The Nazis(like their American conservative cousins) you speak of would want your daughter to be a baby factory, just as well she is raised in a secular society in Ireland(assuming you live in Ireland unlike American posters on this thread) far away from the religious evangelical ideology.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

pjohnson wrote: »
    or if she brings home a brown boy?
    It'll be grand, sure Klaaz can put a bit of talcum powder on him, voila, instant Caucasian.

pjohnson wrote:
    You didnt answer what you would do if she breached your rules. Cant imagine the poor girl will get much help if she turns out to like girls.

You're wasting your time Dunne, he's far too obvious to take seriously.

There you guys go again. Not treating people equally because you disagree with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

What is this "Proud Boys" rubbish? There are so many of these groups its impossible to keep up.

Proud Boys were founded by Vice news co-founder Gavin McGuinness. They are designated as anti-Muslim and misogynistic by Southern Poverty Law Centre(and are currently suing for defamation).They are also banned from you-tube & twitter. They self-proclaim as 'western chauvinists'.

A Proud Boy and an Antifa activist discuss violence, racism and protests...
    Luis Enrique Marquez and Rob Cantrall sit down in Portland, Oregon for a face-to-face conversation. They talk about racism, violence, protests, fascism and more.

Both of these despicable people have previously engaged in violence and violent rhetoric(Luis / Rob)
    What strikes me, is Luis(antifa)'s inability to actually talk to Rob(Proud Boy). Whereas Rob seems open to engaging to ideas, Luis childishly waits until the moderator(BBC) repeat Rob's question.
    Luis also seems only to answer in the negative to everything Rob says. I wish Luis got asked some questions first. I guess this may have been a stipulation.
    Luis is clearly unwilling to actually engage in ideas, but instead resorts to name-calling every-time.
    Its' not an easy watch, as both are clearly stoned off their tits, in a stoner club;
    Although I did like this line:
    Luis: "You're a misogynist!"
    Rob: "You're half right, I'm a misanthrope; I don't trust people"

Luis: "If you have one person here, and one nazi there; and they engage in friendly conversation, then you have two nazis"

For me this raises one question:
    Shouldn't civil debate be the first thing we can agree on?

To highlight this point on the national stage in the US, Biden was attacked by Kamala Harris at the recent democratic candidate debate because Biden recalled 'civility' with segregationist senators over two years ago.
    "I've been around so long, I worked with James Eastland," Biden said when he was stumping for Jones two years ago. "Even in the days when I got there, the Democratic Party still had seven or eight old-fashioned Democratic segregationists. You'd get up and you'd argue like the devil with them. Then you'd go down and have lunch or dinner together. The political system worked. We were divided on issues, but the political system worked."
    Even with Talmadge - "one of the meanest guys I ever knew" - Biden noted, "At least there was some civility. We got things done. We didn't agree on much of anything. We got things done."

To me it looks like the far-left is losing this spirit of getting things done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

klaaaz wrote: »

pure bollox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Calhoun wrote: »
    That tweet from Ricky Gervais is so on point, for liberals who say words can hurt actually engaged in physical violence its crazy.

They will go to far at some stage and will be outlawed like other groups just a matter of when. For now though they are doing damage to the side they represent and is partially why i believe they are allowed still exist.

This cuts to the chase, to be honest.

Those on the left wing side of things would generally pride themselves on being more empathic, tolerant and understanding than their right-wing counterparts.
    After all, those traits are core aspects of left-wing social values, are they not?

However, it is bizarre to the layman that when so much effort is made to drill home the point that words 'hurt' and have consequences that the same people would have no qualms with assaulting 'nazis' or journalists or throwing milkshakes over politicians.

Its all a veneer of civility where under it all, they are driven by the same emotive and behavioral response of being a human, something many of the left are both afraid of and in denial about.

_blaaz wrote: »

You wouldnt trust word of an unqualified doctor on medical issue...why would you read unqualified journalists??

Walter Cronkite dropped out of the University of Texas (where he was studying economics and political science) in his junior year to concentrate on his journalism career. He never graduated.

Is he not a real 'unqualified' journalist?

Charlie Bird never attended University and got his break as a contact point between the Provo's and RTE in the 70's.

It makes no sense like??

A truer word never been spoken.

FYI: Stalin, Pol Pot, Kim Jong Un and China aren't communist.

Annnndd... here we go.. the topic goes to $hit.

No true Scotsman fallacy exhibit A.

20Cent wrote: »
    No thanks, there is no choice it is now self defence.

You are so ignorant of your own history it's quite funny really.

That is how the troubles kicked off in the North. The Provo's armed themselves to 'defend' their community and then engaged in a 30 long years war with the Security Forces, while killing innocent women and children on the way to accepting a peace deal with more or less confirmed the status quo regards ownership of the north and a UI only by democratic means.

Not so funnily enough, another journalist on this island was killed by your own thought process. A gay woman called Lyra McKee because some idiots still think the way you do and are still 'defending' Ireland's right to freedom, whatever that is.

So 20cent, why do you excuse the murder of journalists on this island?
    Why do you absolve those responsible for death and murder?
    Why do you get kicks out of winding people up by using the death and violence perpetrated against other people as a tool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Mayor Ted Wheeler seems to be the dickhead orchestrating this whole thing, by allowing Antifa free reign on the streets.

Daryl Turner(Portland police union president)has criticized Wheeler for failing to condemn Antifa, allowing the clashes between Antifa and the Proud Boys, and has asked the mayor to remove the handcuffs from their officers and let them stop the violence through strong and swift enforcement action.

Turner said if this violence had been directed at Antifa, there would have been an immediate call for an independent, outside investigation and this is a perfect example of Portland politics at work and why our Portland is now under fire in the national news.”

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48849035

[Warning, graphic] https://twitter.com/ThePortlandTrib/status/1145103473010184193

It was a familiar scene, most of the city’s streets were shut down or blocked as roving bands of Antifa, clad in black and wearing hoods or helmets with black face masks, attacked police, conservative demonstrators, and at least one journalist.

Mayor Wheeler dismisses such 'rumours and false narratives', and condemns 'those who seek to divide and polarise'.

Wheeler also wrote a memo with the subject line "Thank You", the mayor praised police for working to keep the peace during potentially volatile situations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

markodaly wrote: »
    Walter Cronkite dropped out of the University of Texas (where he was studying economics and political science) in his junior year to concentrate on his journalism career. He never graduated.

Charlie Bird never attended University and got his break as a contact point between the Provo's and RTE in the 70's.

By your own admission they arent qualified :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Fully qualified scour merchant

There you guys go again. Not treating people equally because you disagree with them.

Ah playing the victim card are we? The audacity, you claimed a poster was a misogynist raising his daughter to be both subservient and racist, you did this without proof or provocation, you did this, because you simply lack the facilities to debate with even a modicum of maturity, so you're correct, I don't see myself as equal to you thankfully.

It's reassuring to see the great majority see Antifa as loathsome, violent, and quite frankly as stupid as their counterparts on the Far Right, that only a small few posters are defending their assault on this journalist with inane, illogical, and yes, outright stupid posts means this thread has run it's course for me.

I know a guy making a very good living at wedding and event photography. He is at it 20 years but has no qualifications in photography.

I suppose we can't call him a photographer.

What is a journalist anyway? It barely requires a qualification. Which these days is a left wing indoctrination camp anyway.

Take your camera, take your pen and go out and report honestly on the world = journalist. Simple as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Embedded journalist might suit better.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement