Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Fascists deciding who people should and should not be able to listen to.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1197403507671715842

That is true fascism. Pure scum these people are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

No we don't.

Doing the rounds?

Oh yes we do...

pj1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

We need anti-fa. Every time a Boris Johnson burns a twenty pound note in front of a homeless person. Every time a Trump gains power and every time a self entitled brat uses the abuse of minorities to keep himself in privilege.
    Thugs are thugs. The Republican party, Legion of Mary and Antifa have thugs.

What is this dribble?

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    That is true fascism. Pure scum these people are.

No, Fascism would be the true Fascism. Or is that one of the words we over use so should excuse the behaviour of?
    Tasfasdf wrote: »
    What is this dribble?

Early school leaver?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Oh yes we do...

I'm with The Dunne here. No we don't.

It'd be more correct to say that you need antifa. The vast majority of normal people would be just fine without these thugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I don't know the man. But you have made me dislike Andy Ngo.

I never mentioned Andy Ngo. Yet again when a tweet is posted the content is ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Imagine thinking that blocking a talk is fascism yet a president who separates kids from their parents and locks them in cages is ok. Trump's head of immigration is a white supremacist. Antifa are definitely needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I don't know the man. But you have made me dislike Andy Ngo.

So the people physically forcing their ideology on others is grand but people calling attention to it are the problem.. You're a joke.

20Cent wrote: »
    Imagine thinking that blocking a talk is fascism yet a president who separates kids from their parents and locks them in cages is ok. Trump's head of immigration is a white supremacist. Antifa are definitely needed.

Like Obama?, didn't see many protests then or you calling him a Supremacist.

Ironicname wrote: »
    I'm with The Dunne here. No we don't.

It'd be more correct to say that you need antifa. The vast majority of normal people would be just fine without these thugs.

You are assuming all antifa are thugs.

Were as the facists and racists are all sound lads :rolleyes:
    I never mentioned Andy Ngo. Yet again when a tweet is posted the content is ignored.

I don't watch Fox news content either, except maybe for laughs.

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »
    So the people physically forcing their ideology on others is grand but people calling attention to it are the problem.. You're a joke.

You are making up sh*t and then commenting on it like I said it. That's sad.

Pete sells Andy like Andy is a shill for and in it for the money of dim witted Alt-Right folk.

Like Obama?, didn't see many protests then or you calling him a Supremacist.

There were folk claiming he wasn't american. Anyway, look out, don't be diverting the thread. The Alt-Righters get annoyed.

You are making up sh*t and then commenting on it like I said it. That's sad.

Pete sells Andy like Andy is a shill for and in it for the money of dim witted Alt-Right folk.

Its in the video, They are physically stopping people from attending talks they disagree with, your denial of reality is sad

There were folk claiming he wasn't american. Anyway, look out, don't be diverting the thread. The Alt-Righters get annoyed.

OK cool, If Obama does it its grand but if Trump is in charge its White Supremacy , got it double standards out the Wazoo

OK cool, If Obama does it its grand but if Trump is in charge its White Supremacy , got it double standards out the Wazoo

Look up Stephen Miller.
    Plus all of trump's racist comments and actions.

No I am not.
    Were as the facists and racists are all sound lads

Nobody said that.

Some man for the assumptions yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭jackboy

They may not all be thugs but the vast majority are wasters, just like the far right winger crowd. Antifa members and far right wingers have far more similarities than differences.

No I am not.

So are you a fascist? I mean if you hate antifa, regardless of their behaviour, you in the least don't want any fascists hassled.

Nobody said that.

You can't hate antifa and hate fascism in equal measure IMO. Antifa is a movement not a club.

Not really I couldn't give a sh*t about Obama. You need release yourself from the americanised 'us or them' mantra.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1177316262386577408
    https://twitter.com/RepChuck/status/1148986264793899015?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

The "but Obama" post.

Been a few pages, was due in fairness.

• Advertisement

So are you a fascist? I mean if you hate antifa, regardless of their behaviour, you in the least don't want any fascists hassled.

No. I am not a fascist. But it has been my experience that anyone who aligns themselves with that "movement" are either thugs, idiots or show fascist traits themselves.

I'm also anti rape but if a movement started called anti-ra but was co-opted by similar thugs, I wouldn't align myself with them or feel the need to champion them.

The default setting, especially in ireland and most modern western countries is that fascism is bad. We don't need a movement to declare it.

That is unless the people you misrepresent what a Nazi or a fascist is. Which is what people aligned with antifa do on a regular basis.

To answer your ridiculous question again and for clarification; no, I am not a fascist.

You can't hate antifa and hate fascism in equal measure IMO. Antifa is a movement not a club.

Yes I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

We need anti-fa. Every time a Boris Johnson burns a twenty pound note in front of a homeless person. Every time a Trump gains power and every time a self entitled brat uses the abuse of minorities to keep himself in privilege.

Oh f*cking dear.

k4pcz.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

you do know that those a fascist sentiments right ?

o dear you dont :(:(:(

you just might be the real Matt Barrett

Separating children from their parents is f*ckng wrong. Parents choosing to make the life-threatening journey through bad conditions and across rough terrain, to try and enter a country illegally, that's not only irresponsible parenting but breaking the law. It was not Trump who introduced these detention centres etc. Obama lot!!! I know that you are unable to comprehend that fact because the orange man is bad. Antifa are as useful as a pen without ink, who are wanted as much as the clap!!

Outstanding content from you tonight.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Its in the video, They are physically stopping people from attending talks they disagree with, your denial of reality is sad

You equate protesting with imposing ideology violently. They are not the same thing, like most of the nonsense repeated in this thread it’s a gross oversimplification.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Fascists deciding who people should and should not be able to listen to.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1197403507671715842

Ah yeah Pete, those anti fascist fascists are the worst type of fascist eh?

they/them/theirs

Yeah, they're the good totalitarians..

Yeah, they're the good totalitarians..

The anarchist totalitarians are definitely the worst.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote:
    You equate protesting with imposing ideology violently. They are not the same thing, like most of the nonsense repeated in this thread it’s a gross oversimplification.

In a world where violence can mean anything from murder to just nasty words, then yes, protesting by the act of physically preventing people from hearing words you don't agree with is a valid example.

These people shouldn't be allowed dictate what ideas can and can't be heard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement