Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Probably was an antifa member who made the page, you haven't a clue. You talk as if your the administrator for antifa.

Why don’t you link it so? I can link the actual Antifa Ireland page for you if you’d like.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Brian? wrote: »
    Why don’t you link it so? I can link the actual Antifa Ireland page for you if you’d like.

I dont see how that applies to my reply to 20cent post.

I even bolded the part I was replying too as it seems you and the cumrades arent great at the old english.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I even bolded the part I was replying too as it seems you and the cumrades arent great at the old english.

cumrades? LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

cumrades? LOL

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,560 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Yup.

In other words you’re “butt hurt” the photo is a clear fake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Overheal wrote: »
    In other words you’re “butt hurt” the photo is a clear fake

Even when shown they are being lied to they get angry at the person informing them instead of those who want to fool them. Weird.

this is the only source i can find via a reverse image search. they sound like a reasonable bunch of people.

https://twitter.com/altviewireland/status/1114942865220734976

You support the notion the picture was real. It's not. That's how it applies.

You do realise the irony of critiquing someone's mastery of the English language and using the term "cumrade " in the same post? If not, you should sit down somewhere quiet and have a good think about it comrade.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Brian? wrote:
    Another Antifa member arrested in Portland. Are people still going to try to argue they are given carte Blanche by the police?

I won't. But will you admit that people following the vague ideology of antifa are idiots? I'm against fascism. But to align myself with such a proven poisonous and childish movement would be ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ironicname wrote: »
    Absolute bollocks good sir. That would all depend on what the individuals ascertain as "hate" which is very subjective. You have no right to decide that

You obviously aren't mentally equipped.
    I'm part of the majority, I'll tell you ;)
    You are full of contradictions.

Is antifa a movement or people? No antifa were involved? It wasn't antifa?

It's a little bit preposterous that defenders of antifa can't decide what it is.

Kind of like how antifa can't decide what a fascist is.

****ing idiots

Firstly, you completely dodged the fact that that incident was not antifa. It was a Canadian protest regarding a specific Canadian politician. Was the Lone Ranger antifa? He had a mask, right?
    There is no antifa party. Maybe those involved would consider themselves anti fa, but it's really just a logo that people like yourself like to point to.

I can see how you would be easily confused. You can't even understand comments based on your own.
    You believe antifa has some kind of membership and leadership. All of your thread input comes under that contention.
    Therefore when commenting or responding to your innocence, (is innocence the polite no clue? benefit of the doubt that you're nor telling lies to push an agenda) on this, it's the clearest way possible.
    Antifa is a much needed movement of like minded people we sorely need, sadly.

Here's a good distinction:

Antifa consists of people who are anti-fascist.
    As with all people some can be criminal.
    The end goal is to fight fascism.

The Alt-Right. Your team:

Make anti-facism a bad thing.
    Say things like, 'racism' is so over used these days.
    Indirectly support, by attacking antifa, groups that march with swastikas, go trolling to Portland to try get a fight started.
    Wear pointy white hats and hang minorities.

I know which side I prefer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I won't. But will you admit that people following the vague ideology of antifa are idiots? I'm against fascism. But to align myself with such a proven poisonous and childish movement would be ridiculous.

I'm not sure I believe you TBH. Whether you are aware or not you are helping the ALT-Right agenda.
    It's the reverse of, 'I'm not racist but...'. 'I'm anti facist but...'.

Antifa is literally anti-fascism. People in one protest might claim to be part of the movement, with no idea who else might be saying similar in another protest else where. You cannot say you are 'anti-fascist, but you don't like antifa'. You could say I'm antifascist but I don't like how some antifascists conduct themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭jackboy

You cannot say you are 'anti-fascist, but you don't like antifa'.

Antifa have nothing to do with anti fascism, that is their name only. They are mostly made up of self hating wasters that just want an excuse to abuse strangers in public.

I don’t think they are all idiots. Far from it. I think some of them are idiots, more are misguided and some are decent skins.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So an Antifa/Extinction Rebellion protester blocks a street and then starts vandalizing a man's vehicle with a crowbar. The man in the vehicle got out and tried to get the protestor to move, but he came right back into the road and used his crowbar against the driver. Doesn't end well for the protester even while wielding his weapon.

I’m glad some people are starting to defend themselves again these Antifa thugs. But it has to stop. Antifa can protest all they want but need to develop a basic respect for other’s safety, space, property, and livelihoods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYGydTENhp0

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    So an Antifa/Extinction Rebellion protester blocks a street and then starts vandalizing a man's vehicle with a crowbar. The man in the vehicle got out and tried to get the protestor to move, but he came right back into the road and used his crowbar against the driver. Doesn't end well for the protester even while wielding his weapon.

I’m glad some people are starting to defend themselves again these Antifa thugs. But it has to stop. Antifa can protest all they want but need to develop a basic respect for other’s safety, space, property, and livelihoods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYGydTENhp0

how do we know they are antifa?

Look at the account that posted it.

Pure grifter as well.

20Cent wrote: »

Pure grifter as well.

the account is a complete ****show

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Pure grifter as well.
    the account is a complete ****show

Yet again you lot focus on the account posting the clip as a way of trying to discredit it. Laughable. The user didn't post the clip as an endorsement of that YouTube channel or even anything the owner of the channel said. You can clearly see it's a LiveLeak clip from the logo stamp for heaven sake. Here's the original post.

No doubt the same will happen with this clip I'm posting of Antifa scum smashing up (or at least trying to) a Marine recruitment facility:

https://twitter.com/America1stTiger/status/1198449145025040386

Yet again you lot focus on the account posting the clip as a way of trying to discredit it. Laughable. The user didn't post the clip as an endorsement of that YouTube channel or even anything the owner of the channel said. You can clearly see it's a LiveLeak clip from the logo stamp for heaven sake. Here's the original post.

No doubt the same will happen with this clip I'm posting of Antifa scum smashing up (or at least trying to) a Marine recruitment facility:

perhaps you can tell me how you know the person in the first video is antifa?

Without context anything can be made the title of a video.
    Any of these could work as well.

Woman tries to rescue her baby from abusive partner.
    Woman tries to stop a carjacking.
    Woman tries to stop her car being stolen.

• Advertisement

is everybody wearing a balaclava now antifa? Are we just assuming that now? you do know that liveleak is just a video posting site? that the title was added by user funkdelux121? do we just take them at their word that it is antifa? You really will believe anything that you think confirms your point of view wont you?

Without context anything can be made the title of a video.
    Any of these could work as well.

Woman tries to rescue her baby from abusive partner.
    Woman tries to stop a carjacking.
    Woman tries to stop her car being stolen.

the desperation to believe anything that supports their point of view is just sad.

is everybody wearing a balaclava now antifa?

Look, who do you think you folks are kidding?

Articles have been posted on thread about verified members of Antifa, that there was no ambiguity about, getting six years for splitting people's heads open and there was crickets from you all in the main, and so stop pretending that you (collective you) would really care about these things if only these people's Antifa membership could be confirmed.

Look, who do you think you folks are kidding?

Articles have been posted on thread about verified members of Antifa, that there was no ambiguity about, getting six years for splitting people's heads open and there was crickets from you all in the main, and so stop pretending that you would care if only these people's Antifa membership was confirmed.

can you not just answer the question? Do we just take the word of some randomer? You seem happy to do that. why is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

5dQU1Hy.gif?noredirect

can you not just answer the question? Do we just take the word of some randomer? You seem happy to do that. why is that?

You are more than happy when it's your randomer.

If this was the first time such a question had been asked, I'd give you (and others) the benefit of the doubt, but it's said multiple times, and often when it's abundantly clear that the group, or individual, is deliberately presenting themselves as a member of Antifa as that is what they wish to identify as.

The cry wolf effect has kicked in long ago on this question as a result.

The video linked comes from a twitter account called @BasedPoland

Poland First! National Conservative Western Alliance! Supporter of #V4Group #3SI & #Intermarium. Born to Polish parents in Sweden but now back in Poland 🇵🇱🇸🇪🇺🇸

@20Cent Do you condemn the violent assault that the following member of Antifa was jailed for?

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1191367945655660544

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, I searched the number of times you used the phrase grifter. The following is 3/4s of the first page results. There is more. Great phrase that.

Pure grifter as well.
    Are you sure you aren't imagining all this?
    Told you not to listen to the grifters.
    Sargon of Akkad is another grifter defo.
    Watch enough grifter videos and they're conditioned to see everything as antifa.
    Or maybe they think the cops are.
    Another person fooled by the grifters.
    Not everyone in a black hoodie is antifa despite what the grifters say.
    It's to counter claims that there is no right wing terrorism problem and show how antifa are the least of the US's problems at the moment despite what the grifters are trying to portray.
    How many time does Ngo have to lie to people's faces for them to realise he's a bad faith actor?

Dunno why anyone falls for these grifters.
    Just watched it.
    he says nothing of the sort.
    The grifter is putting words in his mouth.
    How they feck do you guys fall for this so often.

Digital illiteracy is why trump is president.
    There are lots of different people on the right never implied they are all far right. There is definitely a lack of self regulation or criticism though. Proper right wingers should be calling out issues with their own side. They also have a high tolerance for grifters which I don't see with the left.
    someone tries to stick a flag in her eye and then punches her.
    Larossa holding her down, she says she can't breath Larossa says she doesn't care.

Another grifter getting on the alt right gravy train.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement