Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

@20Cent Do you condemn the violent assault that the following member of Antifa was jailed for?

https://twitter.com/GovMikeHuckabee/status/1191367945655660544

Change the subject.
    Don't blame you

Out of curiosity, I searched the number of times you used the phrase grifter. The following is 3/4s of the first page results. There is more. Great phrase that.

Why not argue as to why they are not grifters then?
    instead of counting how many times it's used.

The original poster of the video says it's antifa/extinction rebellion in the video.
    Just but both the hate figures of the far right in there for the extra clicks.

https://twitter.com/BasedPoland/status/1197894502758912005

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

20Cent wrote: »
    Change the subject.

It is the subject ..

You're deliberating trying to discredit such videos by focusing on who posted them just so you can then imply that there was a nefarious motive behind it being posted. For example, as has been pointed out, you keep on calling those who post these clips and tweets of Antifa being violent as being nothing but 'Grifters' but even if they were making a buck from highlighting such violence, so what? That doesn't then mean that the violent thugs in the videos didn't do what they have been videoed doing. Nor would it mean that if they held opposing political views either by the way, and so even if you were right will all this Grifter bs, it wouldn't remotely negate the fact that these people have been caught behaving like scum.

Now, answer the question please:

Do you condemn the violent assault by Gage Halupowski? And do you think the six year sentence was justified?

It is the subject ..

You're deliberating trying to discredit such videos by focusing on who posted them just so you can then imply that there was a nefarious motive behind it being posted. For example, as has been pointed out, you keep on calling those who post these clips and tweets of Antifa being violent as being nothing but 'Grifters' but even if they were making a buck from highlighting such violence, so what? That doesn't then mean that the violent thugs in the videos didn't do what they have been videoed doing. Nor would it mean that if they held opposing political views either by the way, and so even if you were right will all this Grifter bs, it wouldn't remotely negate the fact that these people have been caught behaving like scum.

Now, answer the question please:

Do you condemn the violent assault by Gage Halupowski? And do you think the six year sentence was justified?

Honestly can you tell where the video shared above with the person in pink being assaulted, was taken?
    What is happening in it?

No.

They see the video then add a title that will result in the most clicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Why not argue as to why they are not grifters then?
    instead of counting how many times it's used.

Avoidance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Honestly can you tell where the video shared above with the person in pink being assaulted, was taken?
    What is happening in it?

No.

They see the video then add a title that will result in the most clicks.

a real grifters answer from 20cent as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Avoidance

Indeed and this is how we know that such users are (mostly at least) not being sincere whenever they complain that the people in these clips may not be Antifa at all, as even when there is ZERO doubt that the attackers are Antifa (as is the case with Gage Halupowski) they STILL and all will do everything they can to avoid having to comment on the violence, much less condemn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If this was the first time such a question had been asked, I'd give you (and others) the benefit of the doubt, but it's said multiple times, and often when it's abundantly clear that the group, or individual, is deliberately presenting themselves as a member of Antifa as that is what they wish to identify as.

The cry wolf effect has kicked in long ago on this question as a result.

in what way are they presenting themselves as antifa? they are wearing a balaclava. we are back too everybody wearing a balaclava being antifa. zero critical thinking on your part.

5dQU1Hy.gif?noredirect

so you have no idea that they are antifa either, you just want them to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Indeed and this is how we know that such users are (mostly at least) not being sincere whenever they complain that the people in these clips may not be Antifa at all, as even when there is ZERO doubt that the attackers are Antifa (as is the case with Gage Halupowski) they STILL and all will do everything they can to avoid having to comment on the violence, much less condemn it.

The condemnation of such degenerative behavior is difficult when you believe it to be righteous. Their delusions outway reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

https://youtu.be/pABXScEvMMk

Antifa gang attack a guy in Dublin. Guards get the attacks but then push them away and are let go. The pedo pat Corcoran standing hand in hand with anfita. He founded antifa in ireland. Hahahaha your leaders a pedo.

You could put antifa in the title of the JFK assassination video and these Muppets would be sharing it saying antifa killed the president.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/pABXScEvMMk

Antifa gang attack a guy in Dublin. Guards get the attacks but then push them away and are let go. The pedo pat Corcoran standing hand in hand with anfita. He founded antifa in ireland. Hahahaha your leaders a pedo.

thanks for the laugh. the comments on that video are gold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

You could put antifa in the title of the JFK assassination video and these Muppets would be sharing it saying antifa killed the president.

How does it feel that your leader is a pedo? What a disgusting group you are a member of.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    How does it feel that your leader is a pedo? What a disgusting group you are a member of.

I'm not in antifa
    Antifa Don't have a leader
    Never heard of that guy.
    Just because someone puts some text under a video doesn't mean it's true.

I'm not in antifa
    Antifa Don't have a leader
    Never heard of that guy.
    Just because someone puts some text under a video doesn't mean it's true.

Why would you not take their word for it? :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: The last 60 posts of off-topic nonsense have been deleted.

1800_Ladladlad - you better increase your posting quality or I'll remove your access from this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Trump brownshirts now reaching the UK attacking the public outside Buckingham palace. But a few scuffles by antifa are the real problem :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Trump brown shirts lol ffs

How far down the rabbit hole is ths gimp?

Interesting interview with an ex nazi.
    When you see through the right wing noise machine one can see antifa are doing a lot of good. Richard Spencer has also said antifa have been the most effective opposition to his attempts to spread hate.

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/world/2019/12/3/1_4713822.html#click=https://t.co/LsQzS6vC0s

“As someone who was, you know, on the other side, I can say the work that they [ANTIFA] are doing is indispensable,” he said. “The anti-fascists have probably done more than any authorities to disrupt and combat the rise of fascism.”

“There is no ‘both sides’ when It comes to the anti-fascists,” S.G. said. “They are right.

Leak from neo-Nazi site could identify hundreds of extremists worldwide
    Researchers claim users identified from online leak of contents of now defunct Iron March, linked to acts of extremist terrorism

A lot of proud boys and patriot prayer etc groups implicated as part of this network. Looks like antifa were right.

A lot of proud boys and patriot prayer etc groups implicated as part of this network. Looks like antifa were right.

About?

Is your argument that some proud boys and some patriot prayer group people were bad?

Are you that dense that you dont realise what you are saying is the equivalent of saying that anyone who supports antifa who does anything bad means that antifa should be shut down?

Jesus, I can't figure out whether I'm giving you too much or too little credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Are you that dense that you dont realise what you are saying is the equivalent of saying that anyone who supports antifa who does anything bad means that antifa should be shut down?

Not a true equivalence.

Proud boys would disavow a member. Antifa would attempt to justify it.

About?

Is your argument that some proud boys and some patriot prayer group people were bad?

Jesus, I can't figure out whether I'm giving you too much or too little credit.

Are the "proud boys" even a thing anymore thought it disbanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭wildeside

Why don't Antifa form a genuine non-violent political movement (i.e. party) to support their goals? Surely this would be a more constructive way forward and get people on their side?

As it stands any half-decent human being (i.e. the vast majority of people) looking in from the sidelines would not be able to tell the difference between the hooded, masked, anti-facists and the actual fascists. I don't think that's an unfair statement to make.

Both Antifa and right-wing nut-jobs are both behaving deplorably and as far as I or anyone else (except those in the fight) can tell.

We've seen cowardice, hatred, violence, misinformation, disinformation, doxing and and an endless list of reprehensible behaviour from both sides. Nobody has come out on top in this.

The simple fact is Antifa are not going to win over the far-right nut jobs, that is not a fight worth fighting. They just need to win over the moderates (i.e. most people). But moderates shy away from anyone using violence for political means. Because most people abhor actual (as opposed to imagined) violence.

We've got one group of extremists fighting another and everyone in the middle walking away and ostracising both.

So again, this is a genuine question, why not form a genuine political movement? Obviously there's been too much PR damage done now to Antifa for it to ever recover in the minds of the vast majority of people so a 're-branding' would be needed. But it wouldn't be the first political movement to walk away from violence and engage in the democratic process.

I guess the question is directed at the pro-Antifa side of the argument.

wildeside wrote: »
    Why don't Antifa form a genuine non-violent political movement (i.e. party) to support their goals? Surely this would be a more constructive way forward and get people on their side?

As it stands any half-decent human being (i.e. the vast majority of people) looking in from the sidelines would not be able to tell the difference between the hooded, masked, anti-facists and the actual fascists. I don't think that's an unfair statement to make.

Both Antifa and right-wing nut-jobs are both behaving deplorably and as far as I or anyone else (except those in the fight) can tell.

We've seen cowardice, hatred, violence, misinformation, disinformation, doxing and and an endless list of reprehensible behaviour from both sides. Nobody has come out on top in this.

The simple fact is Antifa are not going to win over the far-right nut jobs, that is not a fight worth fighting. They just need to win over the moderates (i.e. most people). But moderates shy away from anyone using violence for political means. Because most people abhor actual (as opposed to imagined) violence.

We've got one group of extremists fighting another and everyone in the middle walking away and ostracising both.

So again, this is a genuine question, why not form a genuine political movement? Obviously there's been too much PR damage done now to Antifa for it to ever recover in the minds of the vast majority of people so a 're-branding' would be needed. But it wouldn't be the first political movement to walk away from violence and engage in the democratic process.

I guess the question is directed at the pro-Antifa side of the argument.

All they do is confront fascism and ensure it doesn't become normalised.
    They don't want everybody to do anything except not be a fascist.
    No need for a party, a leader or PR.
    They don't care what anyone thinks, it's working.

All they do is confront fascism and ensure it doesn't become normalised.
    They don't want everybody to do anything except not be a fascist.
    No need for a party, a leader or PR.
    They don't care what anyone thinks, it's working.

You are deluded.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You are deluded.

thats one name for it

unfortunately its now become a culture

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement