Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,506 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I'd call him a guy that has the login details for a word press blog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

_blaaz wrote: »
    By your own admission they arent qualified :confused:

If that is main point you took from my post then I worry for your ability to comprehend basic writing and deduce substance from it.

To elaborate, the term 'unqualified' is a non sequitur.
    I showed you how one of America's famous journalist never had a journalism degree, nor even a degree itself (he might have gotten an honorary one later in life for his journalistic achievements)

I also showed you how one of Ireland's famous journalist never even attended University. But here is getting an honorary doctorate from UCD for his contribution, as an RTE journalist.

00002ffb-800.jpg

The point?

One does not need to have a degree in journalism to be a journalist.
    If this point still alludes you then I cannot help you anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,820 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Boggles wrote: »
    I'd call him a guy that has the login details for a word press blog.

Indeed you might, but then when has your opinion carried any serious weight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,506 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

markodaly wrote: »

Depends on the "qualifications" of who is listening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah playing the victim card are we? The audacity, you claimed a poster was a misogynist raising his daughter to be both subservient and racist, you did this without proof or provocation, you did this, because you simply lack the facilities to debate with even a modicum of maturity, so you're correct, I don't see myself as equal to you thankfully.

It's reassuring to see the great majority see Antifa as loathsome, violent, and quite frankly as stupid as their counterparts on the Far Right, that only a small few posters are defending their assault on this journalist with inane, illogical, and yes, outright stupid posts means this thread has run it's course for me.

I never claimed that or used those words. I used the word "subservient" (maybe read the posts you try to respond to) I used words he likes such as "undocumented" and when people start going on about 1970's era "Proud Boys" where's the maturity in that if someone cites troll groups they are hardly credible? I just hope his daughter sees actual sense before its too late. It does happen. Even some of those Westboro lot escaped the grandfathers indoctrination :)

• Advertisement

It carries as much as GemGem and GranTurismo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

pjohnson wrote: »
    It carries as much as GemGem and GranTurismo

How many followers do you have?

Blueshoe wrote: »
    How many followers do you have?

Do I include bots or not?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Do I include bots or not?

Quote both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

https://www.dailywire.com/news/13248/study-9-10-antifa-protesters-still-living-moms-aaron-bandler
    Study: 9 In 10 Antifa Protesters Still Living In Mom's Basement

84% are male
    72% are aged 18-29
    90% are single
    34% are unemployed

They should add that 100% are white.
    It's the whitest movement since KKK (that also liked masks).

• Advertisement

Portland arrested Antifa mug shots

Antifa-1.jpg
    Actually, make that 98% white.
    Better than any white supremacist could ever hope for.
    You go antifa!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

biko wrote: »
    Portland arrested Antifa mug shots

<SNIP>

Spot the junkies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Rowan Croft milkshaked yesterday is GoFundMe has raise 20 cent.

Antifa mugshots from Berkley last year

https-s3-us-west-2-amazonaws-com-maven-user-photos-bluelivesma.jpg

Antifa mugshots from Berkley last year

<SNIP>

20 cent there on the bottom left.

This sums up antifa in 11 seconds

https://youtu.be/e4CzPKzD5uk

Stop assuming their race you fascist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    Spot the junkies.

Is that Lionel Messi in the top tight?

Is that Lionel Messi in the top tight?

Yeah after been on the gear for about 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Stop assuming their race you fascist :D

Read your post. You brought race into it it. Clearly something against white people.

But they're all white you say and you post that ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

I know a guy making a very good living at wedding and event photography. He is at it 20 years but has no qualifications in photography.

I suppose we can't call him a photographer.

What is a journalist anyway? It barely requires a qualification. Which these days is a left wing indoctrination camp anyway.

Take your camera, take your pen and go out and report honestly on the world = journalist. Simple as that.

Ok....sure well just do away with any formal qualifocations for all jobs now i suppose?

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    But *their all white you say and you post that ****e.
    *They're

They all look white to me. Is Latino not white?

What "people colours" are there?

One does not need to have a degree in journalism to be a journalist.
    If this point still alludes you then I cannot help you anymore.

Ok...if you think so....but respectfully we'll have to agree to disagree here

I personally believe in people having qualifocatians to do their job,but whatever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

https://www.dailywire.com/news/13248/study-9-10-antifa-protesters-still-living-moms-aaron-bandler

They should add that 100% are white.
    It's the whitest movement since KKK (that also liked masks).

Are you actually serious?. Have you looked at any vidoes, theres loads of "Latinos" that are in it.

Have you not been paying attention to Klaaas' incredibly lucid posts, we've already established that skin colour is no indication of race; those latinos were actually white folks in brown-face ;)
    klaaaz wrote: »
    Having white scrawny hands as you put it does not mean automatically the people were white or Caucasian
    it's quite easy to manipulate one's skin colour of hands to fool the other side.
    You had said they were white despite them being masked, pasty white scrawny hands does not define the attackers as white, they could have been wearing talcum powder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I can think of several prominent Journalists in Ireland who came from working class backgrounds who went to the top of their profession through talent and hard work, with no qualifications.

Racist and a mod! boards gone to the dogs

Cop the f**k on mate, we had far left morons on here yesterday advocating for people to he murdered.

Danzy wrote: »
    That is just your snobbish middle class perspective.

I can think of several prominent Journalists in Ireland who came from working class backgrounds who went to the top of their profession through talent and hard work, with no qualifications.
    Mate..regretably for yous im not middle class?(well idk what it really is either tbh)

Infact i seen the damage done to rake of professions by unqualified people,all it leads to is an excuse to drive down wages...you see garages full of ukrainians etc and sh1t wages for mechamics by allowing people.to do.a job without any qualifications

At no point have i said this lad or anyone else named isnt good at what they do,just that they shoupdnt be recognised as journalist without qualifing,hardly an unreasonable position??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

I personally believe in people having qualifocatians to do their job,but whatever

Mel Gibson never stepped foot in a drama school, nor did he ever train as a director yet has won acclaim and Oscars in both fields, using your logic however he is neither an actor or director.

Tara Reid did however go to drama school, meaning if you use your interpretation of "qualifications", Tara Reid is an actor, Mel Gibson is not.

Now you don't for a second believe in what you claim on this thread, yet instead of admitting when you're wrong and conceding that, yes the victim in this attack is indeed a journalist, you've decided to double down on the stupidity of your claim, it's quite frankly embarrassing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,062 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Mate..regretably for yous im not middle class?(well idk what it really is either tbh)

Infact i seen the damage done to rake of professions by unqualified people,all it leads to is an excuse to drive down wages...you see garages full of ukrainians etc and sh1t wages for mechamics by allowing people.to do.a job without any qualifications

At no point have i said this lad or anyone else named isnt good at what they do,just that they shoupdnt be recognised as journalist without qualifing,hardly an unreasonable position??

Reasonable points. Will delete the jibe.

Ngo can claim to be a more successful journalist though than any full timer in the Irish Times or Independent though.

Results matter.

• Advertisement

_blaaz wrote:

And you know these Ukrainian people are not qualified? How is that?

_blaaz wrote:

On the job experience is more valuable. I studied journalism in college and it is frightening what is being taught to students. Readership is more important than accurate reporting, bringing in guest lecturers from entertainment.ie, a pro-rte bias etc.

One of the prerequisites for journalism in my opinion is a good level of English, integrity, knowing the importance of facts, an ability to report fairly and with balance, the courage to tell the truth in the face of adversity.

Having those abilities may not get you into rte but it will make you a credible journalist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement