Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Whatever else they may have intended by it, lets not kid ourselves that this is just an OK sign.

Screen-Shot.jpg?resize=900,600&w=450

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

osarusan wrote:
    Whatever else they may have intended by it, lets not kid ourselves that this is just an OK sign.

Definitely.

That is without a doubt, a sign that shows that white supremacists are everywhere.

End of conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

20Cent wrote: »
    Of course it is.
    Do racist stuff be perceived as a racist.

black-man-holding-american-flag-looking-camera-with-gesture-ok_23-2148166065.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ironicname wrote: »
    Oh ok. So racism is perception? It's about feelings. Gotcha.

The US military has had a problem with racism ever since it existed. You are either being wilfully ignorant or plain stupid to call it simply a matter of perception.

If you look at groups like White Lives Matter or Patriot prayer, veterans are disproportionately over represented. You’re make little of a very real problem.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

black-man-holding-american-flag-looking-camera-with-gesture-ok_23-2148166065.jpg

Stupid post as usual. You know well it’s The upside “ok” is what 20c is talking about. I’m sure you’ve read about it on 4chan or wherever you pick up your alt right lingo.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote:
    Stupid post as usual. You know well it’s The upside “ok†is what 20c is talking about. I’m sure you’ve read about it on 4chan or wherever you pick up your alt right lingo.

The upside down ok logo? Jesus. You've lost it. That used to be a thing a couple years ago where if you can get your mate to look at you doing that, means you win the game.

If that's what you and 20Cent think is a symbol of "THE RISE OF WHITE POWER" then you are either idiots or the people that are nefariously promoting that white power is on the rise.

Hilarious.

The upside down ok logo? Jesus. You've lost it. That used to be a thing a couple years ago where if you can get your mate to look at you doing that, means you win the game.

If that's what you and 20Cent think is a symbol of "THE RISE OF WHITE POWER" then you are either idiots or the people that are nefariously promoting that white power is on the rise.

Hilarious.

You refuse to acknowledge the problems right in front of your face and throw out insults instead. Classy.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Hilarious.

We've established that it started on 4Chan as a "joke".
    Explicitly using a common hand gesture because it gives plausible deniability and they know there are lots of photos of almost everyone doing it.
    4Chan is a hive of racism and fascism, go look at /pol/ it certainly is.
    The "joke" then starts being used by Neo-Nazis, Ku Klux Klansmen and other white nationalists. Once they started using it it went beyond an ironic gesture. After the NZ shooter used it I think it was firmly established what the new meaning is.

Those cadets know all this but did it anyway.
    They are either white supremacists or doing it as a "joke"
    Either way not people who should have guns or positions of leadership or responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭hellsing101

Hilarious.

We used to do that in secondary school in the early 2000's, if someone looked at your hand then you could punch them in the arm. I think it also had to do with "the game" where if you saw the hand gesture then that meant that you thought about "the game" which means you lose "the game".

Brian? wrote: »
    Stupid post as usual. You know well it’s The upside “ok” is what 20c is talking about. I’m sure you’ve read about it on 4chan or wherever you pick up your alt right lingo.

Did you not have your soy latte this morning Brian?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Every Scuba Diver I've ever met is a white supremacist, every one. The industry has a real problem its down right problematic is what it is hope they all get fired. Also did you know that drinking milk in public is also white supremacist code keep an eye out for it guys hopefully ye can get a few more people fired.

Calcium is racism

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Every Scuba Diver I've ever met is a white supremacist, every one. The industry has a real problem its down right problematic is what it is hope they all get fired. Also did you know that drinking milk in public is also white supremacist code keep an eye out for it guys hopefully ye can get a few more people fired.

Calcium is racism

One of your mates already tried that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

One of your mates already tried that nonsense.

Your right its nonsense your outrage at an internet meme is absolute nonsense.

Did you not have your soy latte this morning Brian?

Ah yes, more alt right “clever” insults. You could at least exercise your own brain power to come up with something instead of blindly parroting insults you’ve picked up from 4chan.

You’re not to know this, but the irony of you classifying me as some sort of effeminate weakling is absolutely brilliant.

they/them/theirs

Edited it there. You forget your usual go-to hot-key.
    Ah yes, more nazi alt right “clever” insults. You could at least exercise your own brain power to come up with something instead of blindly parroting insults you’ve picked up from 4chan.

You’re not to know this, but the irony of you classifying me as some sort of effeminate weakling is absolutely brilliant.

You classified yourself like that, Brian. Tho an honest reflection of how you see and feel about yourself sub-consciously, you are not some sort of effeminate weakling. It's sad that you feel like this. It must be tough. There's nothing ironic about that all.

Edited it there. You forget your usual go-to hot-key.

You classified yourself like that, Brian. Tho an honest reflection of how you see and feel about yourself sub-consciously, you are not some sort of effeminate weakling. It's sad that you feel like this. It must be tough. There's nothing ironic about that all.

You love to pretend you’re clever, but there’s nothing clever about this.

You know full well what the “soy-boy” stereotype used by the alt right is. I know you do because it’s you go to insult for those you disagree with. Then when challenged on it you play the innocent.

It’s the same modus operandi the alt right love to employ. Nazi salutes- we’re doing it as a joke. Co opting the upside upside down ok symbol- we’re doing it to troll the left.

It’s infantile. It would be laughable, but it leads too many gullible idiots to the extreme right. Like you.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'd be more concerned as to why the British would elect a sexist, homophobic racist as it's political head of state.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-record-sexist-homophobic-and-racist-comments-bumboys-piccaninnies-2019-6

I guess people fell for the dopey Bertie Ahern routine.

I'd like to you thank for being offended on my behalf Matt, but really there was no need, I'm gay and not in the slightest bit offended by this so hysterically labeled 'homophobic' remark.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm to TK-MAXX to buy yet another tank top. I'm worse than Imelda Marcos and her shoes, I don't know where to put them all.

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'm like to you thank for being offended on my behalf Matt, but really there was no need, I'm gay and not in the slightest bit offend by this so hysterically labeled 'homophobic' remark.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm to TK-MAXX to buy yet another tank top. I'm worse than Imelda Marcos and her shoes, I don't know where to put them all.

God. It's bum boys like this that are ruining it for everyone else that is straight, white and perpetually offended.

Be offended ffs. You aren't meant to be able to pass off ignorant remarks as nothing except ignorant remarks.

Cant you see everyone hates you except us? Everyone hates you!!!!! Give power to ridiculous statements.

We are here to protect you because you aren't as privileged as us folk who look down at you with pity. You can't be expected to protect yourself. Because you know, all you "tank topped bum boys" are a homogenous group and not individuals and us guys have a responsibility to be offended on your behalf.

(for moderation purposes, this is SATIRE and not indicative of what I believe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

AllForIt wrote: »
    I'd like to you thank for being offended on my behalf Matt, but really there was no need, I'm gay and not in the slightest bit offended by this so hysterically labeled 'homophobic' remark.

I'm not offended nor offended for you. I don't care if you're gay it doesn't make you King of the gays. I said 'concerned', it's in the comment you quoted.

You right wingers, (I'm assuming) are so paranoid trying to put everyone in the faux outraged, snowflake, (what ever other handy sh*te) category. People are complex.
    It's concerning that an openly racist, homophobic, sexist bigot now represents a nation on the world stage. Don't let my opinion distract you from discussing Johnson, or is it yourself and the dunne prefer playing the man not the ball because it's easier to tackle a made up character of liberal outrage than the realities?

God. It's bum boys like this that are ruining it for everyone else that is straight, white and perpetually offended.

Be offended ffs. You aren't meant to be able to pass off ignorant remarks as nothing except ignorant remarks.

Cant you see everyone hates you except us? Everyone hates you!!!!! Give power to ridiculous statements.

We are here to protect you because you aren't as privileged as us folk who look down at you with pity. You can't be expected to protect yourself. Because you know, all you "tank topped bum boys" are a homogenous group and not individuals and us guys have a responsibility to be offended on your behalf.

(for moderation purposes, this is SATIRE and not indicative of what I believe)

You go ridicule a made up imaginary character, beats dealing with awkward facts and opinions ;)

• Advertisement

You go ridicule a made up imaginary character, beats dealing with awkward facts and opinions

We can do that while you fight imagined white supremacists and their evil ok signs.

We can do that while you fight imagined white supremacists and their evil ok signs.

You just proved my point. I've never once mentioned evil OK signs ever on boards in any thread on any topic.

You have an idea of what everyone who might disagree with you is about and it's comfortably muddled your thought on these issues.
    Turn your own comment on yourself.

These people are not imaginary.

CwxuU6gWIAAc_aY.jpg

a0deab06b822852f6c7c06e3df6a8921_800_420.jpeg

Brian? wrote:
    Stupid post as usual. You know well it’s The upside “ok†is what 20c is talking about. I’m sure you’ve read about it on 4chan or wherever you pick up your alt right lingo.

20Cent wrote:
    These people are not imaginary.

Ah lads, will you at least get your story straight.

Is it any ok symbol, an upside down ok symbol, an ok symbol done by anyone except the people you like....

If you guys can't even agree on your bull****, how are we meant to keep up with your goalpost moving?

Is it any ok symbol, an upside down ok symbol, an ok symbol done by anyone except the people you like....

If you guys can't even agree on your bull****, how are we meant to keep up with your goalpost moving?

Ignore that it's a serious issue and make a glib comment. Typically alt right.

When the likes of Richard Spencer and the Christchurch shooter use it and you still don't accept it as real, there really isn't any hope for you.

they/them/theirs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Ahhhhhhhh, are Antifa fascists in London still butt hurt because the anti semite lost a democratic election ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

When the likes of Richard Spencer and the Christchurch shooter use it and you still don't accept it as real, there really isn't any hope for you.

There are pictures of Beyonce doing it too. I suppose she is now a racist white supremacists :eek::cool::cool::cool::eek:

statesaver wrote: »
    There are pictures of Beyonce doing it too. I suppose she is now a racist white supremacists :eek::cool::cool::cool::eek:

Yeah. That's exactly how it works

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

statesaver wrote: »

They chose that symbol because they knew people would make replies like this. Helps them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement