Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

20Cent wrote: »
    Sheeple lol.
    Do any of those articles mention the floss as a method of signalling to other racists.

Literally every one of those articles mentions 'the floss' in relation to the christchurch shooting.
    Very simple don't know why you insist on providing cover for these people.

Look are you joking or not? Because if you're joking you should give it a rest because it's getting boring, and if you aren't joking you need to start supporting your absolute insanity with evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

The Christchurch killer said it himself. He said that Fortnite radicalised him. He also urged people to subscribe to PewDiePie. He also made a gesture created to wind up people on the left (which predated his actions or usage).

The only one that you take seriously is the one that was specifically made to wind you up.

Why do you only take that one seriously? Does the appearance of "It's ok to be white" posters also point to you that fascists are on the rise?

Nobody.... literally nobody.... in this thread is covering for, advocating or even shown any inclination that they support white supremacy.

All that has been said is that a meme that was started to show how idiots will fall for, and react to a completely fabricated meaning behind a well recognised symbol shouldn't be taken as a sign of the rise of white supremacy.

On this thread alone, people are comparing it to how the Swastika was hijacked and have said that it cannot be tolerated, proving that the meme was accurate and exceptionally effective.

Perspective guys.

Throw up a photo of a known far right person doing the floss then if it's a symbol. Plenty of them doing the ok sign.

Throw up a photo of a known far right person doing the floss then if it's a symbol. Plenty of them doing the ok sign.

Throw up a photo of a known far right person doing the upside down ok sign if it's a symbol. Plenty of them doing the floss.

Plenty of far-right people wear trousers.

Are trousers the new apparel of the Alt-right movement?

Actually, the proud boys wear Fred Perry. Does that mean that anyone wearing a Fred Perry polo shirt is far-right? Should we call for Fred Perry to be boycotted?

Its staggering to see your inability to accept that just because bad people do a certain thing, it doesn't mean that the "thing" is bad.

Actually, the proud boys wear Fred Perry. Does that mean that anyone wearing a Fred Perry polo shirt is far-right? Should we call for Fred Perry to be boycotted?

Its staggering to see your inability to accept that just because bad people do a certain thing, it doesn't mean that the "thing" is bad.

Have explained several times about context not going to repeat it again.

• Advertisement

I know you're joking.

But you know what's not a joke.

I bet many people in this very thread still on occasion use the 'thumbs up' symbol to mean 'good', or 'okay'. And yes, just like 'okay', 'good' has been appropriated by the far right.

?m=02&d=20190407&t=2&i=1374424944&r=LYNXNPEF3609T&w=1280
    500_F_269907065_L56AETqEX9nieTxOY0ixKYQOSXm7AnJL.jpg
    ?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brightspot.s3.amazonaws.com%2F84%2Fe7%2F37aa9a3c1be2783f32ec01837894%2Fla-1538836451-gsfpociwfk-snap-image
    51485174_303.jpg
    trump3.jpg
    217312_img650x420_img650x420_crop.jpg
    7354408-3x2-340x227.jpg
    763?appId=93a17a8fd81db0de025c8abd1cca1279&quality=0.8

I can't believe that noone here is speaking up about this. You are all enablers. Stand up against thumbs up.

Have explained several times about context not going to repeat it again.

Perfect. And what context did the guy from the navy use which sparked your tirade? Why did you call for him to be fired if you have no idea what context it was used in?

Perfect. And what context did the guy from the navy use which sparked your tirade? Why did you call for him to be fired if you have no idea what context it was used in?

Hard to believe a grown adult will be playing the "circle ge" when they know cameras are on them. I'm sure they know the meaning of it yet did it anyway. Even if they were playing the circle game they should be disciplined.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Even if they were playing the circle game they should be disciplined.

Why? Not everyone views the world through the twisted lens you do

Hard to believe a grown adult will be playing the "circle ge" when they know cameras are on them. I'm sure they know the meaning of it yet did it anyway. Even if they were playing the circle game they should be disciplined.

Why? Why should any use of that hand signal UNLESS it was done explicitly and provably for the purposes of promoting white supremacy be a punishable offence?

You have no way of knowing why he did it. None whatsoever. But because you hope that it has him fired? Because you don't like it.

Anti fascist indeed.

• Advertisement

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Why? Not everyone views the world through the twisted lens you do

Because they are representing the navy, don't need people so childish driving nuclear submarines.

Because they are representing the navy, don't need people so childish driving nuclear submarines.

I'd rather have him driving nuclear submarines than any Antifa supporter to be fair.

Judging people on an action, you can't prove the motive for, one which has multiple meanings, you decided to project the most heinous meaning and motive onto him and would celebrate him losing his job and/or be forced to polish the boots of black people? All because of an assumption you made.

You've really jumped the shark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Ironicname wrote: »
    Really?

The Christchurch shooter saying in his manifesto that he was radicalised by Fortnite which taught him to floss on the corpses of his enemies?

That **** flew over your head as it was ridiculous I suppose.

But the same guy using the ok gesture should be taken exceptionally seriously.

****ing good one. Consistent.

Never read the manifesto comrade.
    Saw the photo on de telly ;)

Ironicname wrote: »
    And actually, the word "boss" when used in a greeting or addressing capacity has been co-opted in its use by members of the travelling community and unless you are a member of the travelling community you should refrain from using it as it is cultural appropriation.

Context and intent Boss. Bertie called Haughey Boss, Boss.

Context and meaning seems to be something some struggle with in this thread.
    If you are scuba diving and someone does the ok symbol to you unless it's Richard Spencer they are probably saying ok. If it's a mass shooter who just killed 51 people in a Mosque in court they are probably signalling to their fascist friends.

It's a common normally innocent symbol because they know some dumbass will support them or claim it's nothing. They can signal to each other in public which we probably don't want.

They are just pretending to be ignorant. It's a right wing thing they do for 'LOLs'.

They are just pretending to be ignorant. It's a right wing thing they do for 'LOLs'.

Just a right wang thang ... :cool:

I must say I die a little inside when someone uses the "white supremacy/I'm ok" emoji in a text message too though..

Just got it there a while ago.. Dude's obviously a fascist..

Never read the manifesto comrade.
    Saw the photo on de telly ;)

Yeah, as I said, it isn't so funny any more.

I'm not really sure how the joke could be extended. We got it - pretending to be outraged over nonsense in order to get a raise out of people is the same as online trolls pretending something like the symbol for peace, or okay, is a racist gesture in the first place.

I suppose you could try extending the joke by doing a scientific analysis of the circle game or something. It is a homage to violence and fooling people into looking, just like the Russians fooled the American public into voting for Trump. In the same way that the thumbs up is an adoption of the ancient Roman custom of using 'thumbs turned' in the Colosseum to mean life or death of gladiators, the alt right have adopted the old Italian symbol (just like the fasces and the Roman salute) to indicate the use of violence to put down 'the slave'.

It could use some work, but you get the gist. I'll leave it in your capable hands boss.

c50.jpeg

I think you might be giving 20cent a lot of credit there..

I think you might be giving 20cent a lot of credit there..

Either he is really good at this, or his intellectual capacity is at a level that an accurate description of it would be a red card offense.

• Advertisement

I must say I die a little inside when someone uses the "white supremacy/I'm ok" emoji in a text message too though..

Just got it there a while ago.. Dude's obviously a fascist..

Don't be so silly.

Lads we're all repeating ourselves at this stage. Some pretend they've not read previous responses and continue. It's done for me, I've explained my view. Y'all find some others so you can claim they are outraged or what ever ;)

Thread reminds me of this cartoon.

tumblr_om35neuRwo1s24ep9o1_400.jpg

Thread reminds me of this cartoon.

tumblr_om35neuRwo1s24ep9o1_400.jpg

You were literally calling for someone to be fired or to be forced to clean the boots of black people simply for a hand gesture which you have no idea of the intent behind it!

Yet somehow you insinuate that when people think you are being ridiculous, we are the ones over-reacting.

You couldn't make it up.

You were literally calling for someone to be fired or to be forced to clean the boots of black people simply for a hand gesture which you have no idea of the intent behind it!

Yet somehow you insinuate that when people think you are being ridiculous, we are the ones over-reacting.

You couldn't make it up.

They knew well what there were doing.

They knew well what there were doing.

They sure did.

You on the other hand, don't have a clue.

These antifascists didn't have time to figure out who was being ironic or whatnot.

image.jpg

These antifascists didn't have time to figure out who was being ironic or whatnot.

image.jpg

Are you actually comparing antif to the US military during World War 2 ?
    Wonder how many of them you'd want fired for salty language ?

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Are you actually comparing antif to the US military during World War 2 ?
    Wonder how many of them you'd want fired for salty language ?

Not only that, that picture indicates that instead of figuring out whether these lads in the navy were being ironic, they should be shot.

And it's the Navy guys that shouldn't be allowed access to the nukes...

Good stuff.

Antifa at it's best.

You paranoid delicate right wingers are hilarious, frightened, but hilarious.

• Advertisement

Yep, giving cover to white suprmacists to "own the libs".
    Such an easily lead group no wonder trump won.
    Incapable of nuance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement