Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

You paranoid delicate right wingers are hilarious, frightened, but hilarious.

Frightened by the stupidity of people being scared by an OK symbol.

The sheer brass balls on you for even attempting to call anyone else paranoid and delicate.

Back to your Antifa safe space there, where bad language and hand signals are not permitted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

20Cent wrote: »
    Yep, giving cover to white suprmacists to "own the libs".
    Such an easily lead group no wonder trump won.
    Incapable of nuance.

Yes. That's the most pathetic thing about it. It's a form of censorship. If you speak out you're a big ejit. I always picture bratty little bullies down the back of the class heckling the lad trying to learn by asking questions.
    Frightened by the stupidity of people being scared by an OK symbol.

The sheer brass balls on you for even attempting to call anyone else paranoid and delicate.

Back to your Antifa safe space there, where bad language and hand signals are not permitted.

Who's scared? If you can't be honest why do you bother pretending you want a discussion?
    Using 'scared' and 'outraged' at others who disagree with you is a PR con to hide the fear of change or having to be decent.
    'safe space' :)
    You still can't grasp the concept of context and intent regarding symbols, that's on you comrade or is 'bum boy' okay?

Quick Buddhist Nazis! ;)

swastika-02.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

I always picture bratty little bullies down the back of the class heckling the lad trying to learn by asking questions.

Do you spend a lot of time picturing little children?

Ironicname wrote: »
    Do you spend a lot of time picturing little children?

Little by way of emotional stature.
    I was thinking college, but seems you're fixated on children for reasons best known to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Yes. That's the most pathetic thing about it. It's a form of censorship. If you speak out you're a big ejit. I always picture bratty little bullies down the back of the class heckling the lad trying to learn by asking questions.
    antifa actively shut down talks at colleges and intimidate/ assault people on the streets attending events and political events they disagree with.
    Using 'scared' and 'outraged' at others who disagree with you is a PR con to hide the fear of change or having to be decent.

Do as I say not as I do right Matty ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Little by way of emotional stature.
    I was thinking college, but seems you're fixated on children for reasons best known to yourself.

Yeah because that really applies to college:rolleyes:

"little bullies" & "Back of the class"

Or more likely you didn't go to college so your guessing what its like.

Who's scared? If you can't be honest why do you bother pretending you want a discussion?
    You still can't grasp the concept of context and intent regarding symbols, that's on you comrade.

If I have misinterpreted 20Cent calling for the firing, disciplining or forcing men to clean the boots of black soldiers for the use of a hand signal he feels is racist, then please forgive me.

That to me sounds like he is both scared and outraged by it.

I have grasped the importance of context and intent. Both of which have been assumed by 20Cent, not in any way proven.

And do you know what, he may even be right in this case. I doubt he is, but there is a chance.

That still doesn't mean that he should get to decide and call for punishment before any facts are proven.

But you are probably right about one thing Matt, while I genuinely do want a conversation regarding Antifa and their supporters, both yourself and 20Cent have become so tiresome, it has lost it's appeal.

"Grifter" "Comrade" etc. It's not triggering, it's not outrageous, it's just boring.

WrenBoy wrote: »
    antifa actively shut down talks at colleges and intimidate/ assault people on the streets attending events and political events they disagree with.

Fascists have them beaten, imprisoned and shot. What's your point?

Do as I say not as I do right Matty ?

You're obviously confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Little by way of emotional stature. I was thinking college, but seems you're fixated on children for reasons best known to yourself.

Oh I'm sorry. I saw you say something and immediately assumed the worst possible thing about it.

Imagine doing that lads!!!

Now, back to those white supremacists from the navy.

If I have misinterpreted 20Cent calling for the firing, disciplining or forcing men to clean the boots of black soldiers for the use of a hand signal he feels is racist, then please forgive me.

That to me sounds like he is both scared and outraged by it.

I have grasped the importance of context and intent. Both of which have been assumed by 20Cent, not in any way proven.

And do you know what, he may even be right in this case. I doubt he is, but there is a chance.

That still doesn't mean that he should get to decide and call for punishment before any facts are proven.

But you are probably right about one thing Matt, while I genuinely do want a conversation regarding Antifa and their supporters, both yourself and 20Cent have become so tiresome, it has lost it's appeal.

"Grifter" "Comrade" etc. It's not triggering, it's not outrageous, it's just boring.

You would need play the man not the ball trying to defend the spread of ignorance and maintain the unequal status quo, I can see that.

'outraged'...sure, what evs..

I seldom use grifter, I prefer chancer. Comrade is because I feel like it. No commies coming to get you chief ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Fascists have them beaten, imprisoned and shot. What's your point?

I've come to the conclusion , you are a fantasist.

Ironicname wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry. I saw you say something and immediately assumed the worst possible thing about it.

Imagine doing that lads!!!

Now, back to those white supremacists from the navy.

You tried to make a little joke and it didn't pan out, get over it.

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Yeah because that really applies to college:rolleyes:

"little bullies" & "Back of the class"

Or more likely you didn't go to college so your guessing what its like.

Now this is like a school yard ;)
    I've come to the conclusion , you are a fantasist.

I couldn't give a f*** comrade ;)

Ran out of road playing the man not the ball. Very Trump and Tory.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Speak for yourself. Through your silence you are still condoning the use of thumbs up. I think you are actually trying to distract from the use of thumbs up by throwing in straw men of 'the hakenkreuz is racist'.

You are right about the delicate right wingers. They are very funny, but their humor is dangerous, as you have deftly identified. It is subversive, and is liable to feed into cultures of hate and oppression. It is self evident that the only answer to this humor is to forcibly silence it.

However, despite the decent efforts on your part to silence the hateful rhetoric of the delicate right wingers, you sill have failed to condemn the thumbs up symbol, and silence in this matter is paramount to endorsement.

While I understand you don't want to produce any evidence to support claims that certain symbols have concoctions with racist ideology, because producing such evidence would in fact give the oxygen of publicity to these symbols and may help spread their use, it does not excuse your selective condemnation.

I await your position on thumbs up. I hope I will not be disappointed and have to lump you in with those paranoid reactionary right wingers and racists.

They're surely trolling..let this thread die..

You would need play the man not the ball trying to defend the spread of ignorance and maintain the unequal status quo, I can see that.

'outraged'...sure, what evs..

I seldom use grifter, I prefer chancer. Comrade is because I feel like it. No commies coming to get you chief ;)

I know you don't use grifter that often. That was aimed at your "comrade".

What unequal status quo am I trying to maintain? That's a sentence from you that has surprisingly piqued my interest for once.

But as per usual, I am expecting veiled allusions to nefarious behaviour or ideals that I may hold instead of having the tenacity to come out and actually directly accuse me of something. Then retreating back and saying "I never accused you".

I'm not playing the man, I am basing this on the quality of your posting. Like the post above, it is meant to rile and annoy. It does neither. It is just, as I said, boring.

I agree. (he says posting again which bumps the thread) :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Alt right only know trolling, intelligent conversation is beyond them.

Defending or dismissing anything anti-equality or pro white supremacy for japes seems to be an excuse of the ALT-Right and those 'trolling' for larks just 'cause. Pointless trying to discuss in any genuine way with adopted personas IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

says the biggest troll on the thread to the 2nd biggest :pac::pac:

shut down the tread ,

20 cent and matt have ruined it with their nonsense as Im sure was their aim

• Advertisement

mynamejeff wrote: »

Thanks for confirming the point ;)

mynamejeff wrote: »

Ah here..

Defending or dismissing anything anti-equality or pro white supremacy for japes seems to be an excuse of the ALT-Right and those 'trolling' for larks just 'cause. Pointless trying to discuss in any genuine way with adopted personas IMO.

So you aren't going to condemn the use of thumbs up, huh.. how very Trumpish/Tory of you. I expected better. You can no longer claim to be fighting the alt-right if you are supporting their hidden mode of communication. I would rather you stopped posting, as you are not helping the liberal cause.

It doesn't matter if the right wingers say they were using the 'thumbs up' as a joke, or, even less plausible, to indicate their approval of something. It doesn't matter. You have to own your words. Only you can be responsible for your own position on thumbs up. If you do not take that responsibility, heck, that responsibility should probably be taken from you.

It all feeds into the same thing. If you support thumbs up, you support pro white supremacy. It logically follows. And I for one will not stand idly by and watch your implicit defense of such.

Funny story and apt for this thread.

Trump supporting MMA fighter Colby Covington taunted his African born opponent with trump like comments about immigration. The Nigerian broke his jaw in the ring.

https://www.thenation.com/article/mma-ufc-colby-covington-kamaru-usman/

So you aren't going to condemn the use of thumbs up, huh.. how very Trumpish/Tory of you. I expected better. You can no longer claim to be fighting the alt-right if you are supporting their hidden mode of communication. I would rather you stopped posting, as you are not helping the liberal cause.

It doesn't matter if the right wingers say they were using the 'thumbs up' as a joke, or, even less plausible, to indicate their approval of something. It doesn't matter. You have to own your words. Only you can be responsible for your own position on thumbs up. If you do not take that responsibility, heck, that responsibility should probably be taken from you.

It all feeds into the same thing. If you support thumbs up, you support pro white supremacy. It logically follows. And I for one will not stand idly by and watch your implicit defense of such.

Google sealioning.

You refuse to read or understand what part context and intent play.

Also...

Eyyyyy!

NINTCHDBPICT000058057150-e1541188679993.jpg?w=620

Google sealioning.

Oh deflect away. It comes as no surprise from the strawman sockpuppet. Always trying to make liberals look insane while pretending to be a liberal? Nobody here is fooled. We all know that the person behind 20Cent is really one of those right wingers 20Cent ostensibly despises, with the idea that the most damage can be done by masquerading as a trolling liberal poster. The problem was the lack of subtlety. We all know that right wingers are predominantly idiots who wear MAGA hats who can only troll online.

You even gave it away here. Very amateurish. Come back when you sound more like a liberal. Real liberals use sound arguments, appear erudite, and use evidence based reasoning.

Oh deflect away. It comes as no surprise from the strawman sockpuppet. Always trying to make liberals look insane while pretending to be a liberal? Nobody here is fooled. We all know that the person behind 20Cent is really one of those right wingers 20Cent ostensibly despises, with the idea that the most damage can be done by masquerading as a trolling liberal poster. The problem was the lack of subtlety. We all know that right wingers are predominantly idiots who wear MANGA hats who can only troll online.

You even gave it away here. Very amateurish. Come back when you sound more like a liberal. Real liberals use sound arguments, appear erudite, and use evidence based reasoning.

Trying for the double bluff now.

Is there an alt right course people take or something?
    They all sound the same.

You refuse to read or understand what part context and intent play.

Like the context and intent of far right party members celebrating their electoral wins? Oh you are becoming more and more clear.

Also...

Eyyyyy!

And now using a dog whistle for aggressive male chauvinism? It's starting to feel part of a pattern.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

These antifascists didn't have time to figure out who was being ironic or whatnot.

I wonder what those brave men would think of the left today.

:pac::pac::pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement