Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I was watching a Sky News report over the xmas which followed a few of the Extinction Rebellion protesters, and it struck me they all have activist type look about them. There were not chiseled jaw types, no muscle jock types, no rugby types, no beer bellied football hooligan types, but all wafer thin gaunt skull head types of a decidedly middle-class background.

exhibit a: Skull head
    https://e3.365dm.com/19/11/1600x900/skynews-dr-bing-jones-extinction-rebellion_4836550.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20191114174057

exhibit b: wafer thin with added hipster look and proud ginger
    https://e3.365dm.com/19/11/1600x900/skynews-extinction-rebellion_4836949.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20191114233755

exhibit c: middle class with added cartoon persona
    https://e3.365dm.com/19/11/1600x900/skynews-extinction-rebellion_4836568.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20191114175306

Taken from here for the evidence Nazi's - https://news.sky.com/story/inside-extinction-rebellion-two-months-embedded-with-climate-change-protesters-11861321

So, anyone who thinks there is noting to be read into the appearance of these types or thinks there are no issues of psychology going on here, really does have a very simplistic view of the world.

As for the mug shot of the Antifa gang posted earlier - they give me the impression of the type that have spent too much time alone in their bedroom playing computer games for hours and fantasizing they're characters in a Batman Movie. And the only who are willing to be their friends - are ppl exactly like them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

AllForIt wrote: »
    I was watching a Sky News report over the xmas which followed a few of the Extinction Rebellion protesters, and it struck me they all have activist type look about them. There were not chiseled jaw types, no muscle jock types, no rugby types, no beer bellied football hooligan types, but all wafer thin gaunt skull head types of a decidedly middle-class background.

exhibit a: Skull head
    https://e3.365dm.com/19/11/1600x900/skynews-dr-bing-jones-extinction-rebellion_4836550.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20191114174057

exhibit b: wafer thin with added hipster look and proud ginger
    https://e3.365dm.com/19/11/1600x900/skynews-extinction-rebellion_4836949.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20191114233755

exhibit c: middle class with added cartoon persona
    https://e3.365dm.com/19/11/1600x900/skynews-extinction-rebellion_4836568.jpg?bypass-service-worker&20191114175306

Taken from here for the evidence Nazi's - https://news.sky.com/story/inside-extinction-rebellion-two-months-embedded-with-climate-change-protesters-11861321

So, anyone who thinks there is noting to be read into the appearance of these types or thinks there are no issues of psychology going on here, really does have a very simplistic view of the world.

As for the mug shot of the Antifa gang posted earlier - they give me the impression of the type that have spent too much time alone in their bedroom playing computer games for hours and fantasizing they're characters in a Batman Movie. And the only who are willing to be their friends - are ppl exactly like them.

So you think their appearance is a predictor of their psychological state?

Why does this matter exactly?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

I'm afraid your quite ignorant of Andy Ngo so.

Nope. He isn't far right, as much as you'd like him to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭SaintLeibowitz

Try again there lad.

There's something very unlikeable about Ngo anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I don’t think he’s far right either.

He does however cosy up to far right groups and produce disingenuous content to make money.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Try again there lad.

Great point well argued..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Andy Ngo doxed a child.

Nice fella.

Andy Ngo slammed for doxing a minor
    https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/andy-ngo-doxing-minor/?tw=dd

20Cent wrote: »
    Andy Ngo doxed a child.

Nice fella.

Andy Ngo slammed for doxing a minor
    https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/andy-ngo-doxing-minor/?tw=dd

That is not an article.

"Slammed"? Really?

That is "journalism" at it's weakest.

Try harder 20cent.

Try harder 20cent.

Jesus, don't encourage him..

• Advertisement

That is not an article.

"Slammed"? Really?

That is "journalism" at it's weakest.

Try harder 20cent.

He doxed a child.
    Hardly the actions of a journalist.

He doxed a child.
    Hardly the actions of a journalist.

You obsession with Ngo, "grifters" and the wholesome Antifa group make you impossible to take seriously.

Antifa are a terrible group. Alt right supporters are horrible people.

They are demonstrable facts.

You take the position that anyone who opposes Antifa are automatically alt-right or alt-right sympathisers.

You and people like you are the main reason that people can't, won't and shouldn't get behind the Antifa movement.

You obsession with Ngo, "grifters" and the wholesome Antifa group make you impossible to take seriously.

Antifa are a terrible group. Alt right supporters are horrible people.

They are demonstrable facts.

You take the position that anyone who opposes Antifa are automatically alt-right or alt-right sympathisers.

You and people like you are the main reason that people can't, won't and shouldn't get behind the Antifa movement.

Haven't heard much from them lately.
    Know why?
    Because they only confront fascist marches.
    These events have stopped because they are too much trouble when antifa show up.

It isn't a movement and doesn't want anyone support, they just want to stop fascists.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I love how an absolute nobody calls a moderate nobody a ‘self proclaimed journalist’ in a nothing publication

Haven't heard much from them lately.
    Know why?
    Because they only confront fascist marches.
    These events have stopped because they are too much trouble when antifa show up.

It isn't a movement and doesn't want anyone support, they just want to stop fascists.

Absolute horse****.

They've turned up at Ben Shapiro (to name but one) talks to attempt to shut him down and are abundant at any talks or events which may lean right wing.

Antifa aren't antifascist. They are anti anyone they don't agree with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Absolute horse****.

They've turned up at Ben Shapiro (to name but one) talks to attempt to shut him down and are abundant at any talks or events which may lean right wing.

Antifa aren't antifascist. They are anti anyone they don't agree with.

Sure he knows this. It was pointed out to him numerous times during the thread. Just stop responding and let this cluster of a thread die!

Sorry. You are right. This will be my last post on this godforsaken thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

I was in an argument with my Dad about AntiFa ... he seemed to think if you are against anti fa by definition it means you are a fascist.

I told him about the above incident and loads like it, he just denied it happened, completely denied it, even with the videos.
    His argument was that he has seen so many fake videos of planes landing (from simulators) - so videos are easy to fake, so these videos have been faked.

Yep, that's what you're dealing with.

I was in an argument with my Dad about AntiFa ... he seemed to think if you are against anti fa by definition it means you are a fascist.

I told him about the above incident and loads like it, he just denied it happened, completely denied it, even with the videos.
    His argument was that he has seen so many fake videos of planes landing (from simulators) - so videos are easy to fake, so these videos have been faked.

Jaysus can't listen to yer one's voice bloody hell.

Your dad is right anyway listen to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Your Dad sounds like 20 Cent. God help you:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Have to say, you have turned out great:pac:

Alot of adults in the 45+ age bracket frighteningly believe everything they see online and what they read on the internet id true. Same with a few i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I remember arguing with an older gent. I was saying the Irag war was more about securing oil in the region than anything else. He was all Weapons of Mass destruction etc. Some years later I heard him giving out about oil wars. point is people are capable of changing regardless of age.
    The sad thing is 'clever' 'with it' internet folk spending their time owning snowflakes and attacking anti-fascists while their freedoms are chipped away by the very 'free speech' proponents they defend in their attacks on anyone pushing for equality or anything mildly left.

Maybe start a 'real anti fascist thread, (not affiliated with antifa)'? But where would be the sport in that?

The kids always like to be counter culture. This season being Alt-Right is the trendy thing all the online kids are at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭Ironicname

Maybe start a 'real anti fascist thread, (not affiliated with antifa)'? But where would be the sport in that?

Because people aren't opposing antifascism they oppose antifa. Very different things entirely

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Your Dad sounds like 20 Cent. God help you:D

edit - a bit harsh on me da' ...

Ironicname wrote: »
    Because people aren't opposing antifascism they oppose antifa. Very different things entirely

Exactly, if antifa were just anti fascist - as in real actual fascists - all reasonable people would agree with them, the problem is their definition of fascism is extremely broad.

Saying antifa are stopping you speak is a marketing tool the grifters are using to increase their profile. A lot of suckers falling for it.

Good sh*t-stirring post there 20cent..

Good sh*t-stirring post there 20cent..

Truth hurts.

Truth hurts.

Get someone to put a plaster on it.. you'll be ok..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Saying antifa are stopping you speak is a marketing tool the grifters are using to increase their profile. A lot of suckers falling for it.

2f0bzq.jpg

Brilliant

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement