Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Racist and a mod! boards gone to the dogs
    Lol, the site has gone to the dogs since you signed up in February and managed to get 19 posts since?
    You seem to be pretty pretty liberal*

*with calling others racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

_blaaz wrote: »
    Infact i seen the damage done to rake of professions by unqualified people,all it leads to is an excuse to drive down wages...you see garages full of ukrainians etc and sh1t wages for mechamics by allowing people.to do.a job without any qualifications
    ?

Because they're Ukrainian or etc as you so bigotedly put it automatically means they're not qualified? I'm confused, you advocating Antifa thugs suggests you identify with the Far Left, yet your obvious xenophobia** suggests you might feel more at home with the Far Right.

**I'm sure you'll attempt to back-track from this faux pas by claiming something absurd like you've asked all these Ukranian mechanic for proof of their qualifications before working on your car, this we all know is bollox, you're a xenophobe, deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Don't think you need qualifications to be a journalist but they definitely should follow a code of ethics and have principles. Ngo was fired for lying about what someone said, he also published unsubstantiated claims and tweets things that are demonstrably untrue.
    He is the cheerleader for vicious fascists and racists.

More of a lord haw haw than a journalist in reality.

20Cent wrote:
    He is the cheerleader for vicious fascists and racists.

Please stop.

Point me to where he does that? And again, what is a fascist in your opinion?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Because they're Ukrainian or etc as you so bigotedly put it automatically means they're not qualified? I'm confused, you advocating Antifa thugs suggests you identify with the Far Left, yet your obvious xenophobia** suggests you might feel more at home with the Far Right.

**I'm sure you'll attempt to back-track from this faux pas by claiming something absurd like you've asked all these Ukranian mechanic for proof of their qualifications before working on your car, this we all know is bollox, you're a xenophobe, deal with it.
    Sure they can be english or irish,mexican or whatever too....its just the qualifications they have dont exist they shpuldnt be doing a job without the qualifocations to do so??

Why your labeling me a xenophobe is beyond me?

Nowhere have i advocated antifa,infact i have also advocted people of antifa getting attacked once its in proportion....they beat up this chap,so have earned it

Have you actually read my posts or do you just like to jump in and call anyone who deosnt fall in line a racist...how is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Even if he is a cheerleader for fascism he lives in a democracy and should not be beaten up for his political views. He still doesn't deserve it if he is walking down the road with a big I am a fascist sign.

This is what we are getting lost in arguing about what race who is and if he is a journalist or not, the fact is we have street gangs of different political persuasions prepared to use violence against others.

This is really dangerous. Nobody deserves to be beaten up for their views no matter how disgusting those views are.

_blaaz wrote:
    Nowhere have i advocated antifa,infact i have also advocted people of antifa getting attacked once its in proportion....they beat up this chap,so have earned it

****ing hell. Rather than condone ANOTHER beating, perhaps you should be calling for violence against people of a different opinion to be stopped rather than doubled.
    _blaaz wrote:
    Sure they can be english or irish,mexican or whatever too....its just the qualifications they have dont exist??

How do you know? It was interesting that you went straight to Ukrainian.

****ing hell. Rather than condone ANOTHER beating, perhaps you should be calling for violence against people of a different opinion to be stopped rather than doubled.

Id have to disagree i believe in an eye for eye type justice,once its in proportion
    How do you know? It was interesting that you went straight to Ukrainian.

Ok...il not say ukrainan next time :confused:

Sure they can be english or irish,mexican or whatever too....its just the qualifications they have dont exist??

Why your labeling me a xenophobe is beyond me?

What are you finding difficult to grasp? You are a Xenophobe if you believe a mechanic is unqualified just because he is Ukrainian or etc
    you see garages full of ukrainians etc and sh1t wages for mechamics by allowing people.to do.a job without any qualifications

You have no clue of the qualifications of these Ukrainian or etc mechanics, that they did not qualify in their home nations or indeed if they trained in Ireland, assuming they are unqualified just because they have an accent is absolute bigotry.

• Advertisement

What are you finding difficult to grasp? You are a Xenophobe if you believe a mechanic is unqualified just because he is Ukrainian or etc

You have no clue of the qualifications of these Ukrainian or etc mechanics, that they did not qualify in their home nations or indeed if they trained in Ireland, assuming they are unqualified just because they have an accent is absolute bigotry.

Ok....like i said i wont say ukrainain again...i apoligise for the upset this seems to have caused you :confused:

If yous need to label people xenophone or whatever to shut down the debate,thats all on yous i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Boggles wrote: »
    Depends on the "qualifications" of who is listening.

Ba dum tish.

Do you have anything substantive or interesting to contribute to the thread or are 'clever' one-liners the extent of your cognitive and intellectual potential?

Ok....like i said i wont say ukrainain again...i apoligise for the upset this seems to have caused you :confused:

If yous need to label people xenophone or whatever to shut down the debate,thats all on yous i guess

You can't say anything these days PC gone mad.

I'm not upset, whatever gave you that impression.

Your statement that Ukrainian or etc mechanics are unqualified labor is a poor entry to the debate, I'm not attempting to shut anyone down nor do I claim to have any right to do so, but post a stupid comment, prepare to be called up on it.

At no point have i said this lad or anyone else named isnt good at what they do,just that they shoupdnt be recognised as journalist without qualifing,hardly an unreasonable position??

Therefore by your logic, Charlie Bird and Walter Cronkite should not be called journalists either?

Am I doing this right?

markodaly wrote: »
    Therefore by your logic, Charlie Bird and Walter Cronkite should not be called journalists either?

Am I doing this right?

They shouldnt if unqualified??

Im.failing to.see how your struggling to pick this up?

Your statement that Ukrainian or etc mechanics are unqualified labor is a poor entry to the debate, I'm not attempting to shut anyone down nor do I claim to have any right to do so, but post a stupid comment, prepare to be called up on it.

Ok....i guess....just struck.me as labeling to shout down debate tbh....but sure we'll agree to disagree

20Cent wrote: »

I'm sorry you've made yourself a bit too obvious with this post. On one hand you protest not being able to say something whilst on the other, you have openly advocated the brutal and one-sided attack of this journalist all for his alleged crime of, yep, saying something.
    Ngo was there to dox people which he has done in the past. The people who attacked him may well have saved some lives.

I have to give you plaudits, I almost believed these opinions were sincere, foolishly misguided, but sincere nonetheless, how foolish I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Portland PD knew Patriot Prayer had a cache of rifles with some of their members on a rooftop at one of their events last year and didn't tell the mayor about it for two months. The Police Chief did however go on the radio in the immediate aftermath and claim the anti-facist protesters were the ones who were armed.

Portland PD is not an unbiased player in this situation.
    In the early morning of Aug. 4, hours before a massive waterfront protest, Portland police officers discovered a group of Patriot Prayer supporters on the roof of a parking garage in downtown. According to a description provided in the mayor's proposed ordinance, the men had a "cache of firearms," which a mayoral staffer would later describe as "long guns."

"Prior to the start of the scheduled demonstrations, police discovered individuals who had positioned themselves on a rooftop parking structure in downtown Portland with a cache of firearms," the ordinance says.

A week later, Portland Police Chief Danielle Outlaw spoke on a conservative radio show and claimed it was those [antifa] counterprotesters who had weapons.

https://www.wweek.com/news/city/2018/10/16/portland-police-found-right-wing-protesters-with-a-cache-of-long-guns-atop-a-parking-garage-why-didnt-the-mayor-know/

They shouldnt if unqualified??

Yet, one is arguably the most famous American journalist of the 20th century and the other is arguably the most famous Irish journalist of the last 40 years. But Blaaz wouldn't call them journalist because they don't have a degree in it. Right so.

You do see that your strict philistine antiquated and snobbish thought process here has more holes than swiss cheese?

You say you are working class? Pull the other one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

You cannot debate these people.

They reach for the usual labels as they don't know any other way .

I'm sorry you've made yourself a bit too obvious with this post. On one hand you protest not being able to say something whilst on the other, you have openly advocated the brutal and one-sided attack of this journalist all for his alleged crime of, yep, saying something.

I have to give you plaudits, I almost believed these opinions were sincere, foolishly misguided, but sincere nonetheless, how foolish I was.

In black and white world everything is the same.

Nazis murdering 50 people and some fella getting a slap the exact same.
    Advocating for fascism and questioning someones qualifications the exact same.

B0jangles wrote: »
    Portland PD knew Patriot Prayer had a cache of rifles with some of their members on a rooftop at one of their events last year and didn't tell the mayor about it for two months. The Police Chief did however go on the radio in the immediate aftermath and claim the anti-facist protesters were the ones who were armed.

Portland PD is not an unbiased player in this situation.

https://www.wweek.com/news/city/2018/10/16/portland-police-found-right-wing-protesters-with-a-cache-of-long-guns-atop-a-parking-garage-why-didnt-the-mayor-know/

Not surprising a lot of cops are fascist sympathisers.
    Freedom of information documents released show a lot of cooperation between the cops and Joey Gibson.

Ok...if you think so....but respectfully we'll have to agree to disagree here

I personally believe in people having qualifocatians to do their job,but whatever

Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are both Computer Science college dropouts. Do you think the average UCD Computer Science graduate is more qualified in that field than those two?

Steve Jobs never studied Computer Science but did take modules in things like Eastern Mysticism, Caligraphy and Philosophy. I guess he was not qualified to run and build one of the largest corporations of the last 15 years. Better leave that to the Business or Software Degree graduate from Mayo IT.

In an Irish setting, guys like John Maginer, JP McManus and Dermot Desmond have very little education (Dermot Desmond left school at 14), but today are worth a combined €7 Billion.
    I guess a Business degree graduate from Tralee IT will tell these guys how to really run their business.

I could go on and on, and make a mockery of your ill-advised, doltish, and senseless position.

No, just when people start using the murder of Journalists in Ireland and start poking fun at it, that people have a problem with.

It's in poor taste to use Lyra McKee for your wind ups 20Cent.

No, just when people start using the murder of Journalists in Ireland and start poking fun at it, that people have a problem with.

It's in poor taste to use Lyra McKee for your wind ups 20Cent.

Did no such thing. Are you a journalist for Quillet?

In his own words Gibson saying that some of his group dress as antifa to cause trouble.

3 mins in.
    https://www.facebook.com/100013660111371/videos/487946555004011/

Could well have been his own side that hit Ngo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are both Computer Science college dropouts. Do you think the average UCD Computer Science graduate is more qualified in that field than those two?

Steve Jobs never studied Computer Science but did take modules in things like Eastern Mysticism, Caligraphy and Philosophy. I guess he was not qualified to run and build one of the largest corporations of the last 15 years. Better leave that to the Business or Software Degree graduate from Mayo IT.

In an Irish setting, guys like John Maginer, JP McManus and Dermot Desmond have very little education (Dermot Desmond left school at 14), but today are worth a combined €7 Billion.
    I guess a Business degree graduate from Tralee IT will tell these guys how to really run their business.

I could go on and on, and make a mockery of your ill-advised, doltish, and senseless position.

Qualifications are unnecessary. I let the lad behind the deli in SuperValu do my business accounts and recently got the local bus driver to perform knee surgery on me in his shed

biko wrote: »
    Antifa mugshots from Berkley last year
    <SNIP>

My goodness, how ugly are they.

• Advertisement

Did no such thing. Are you a journalist for Quillet?

Ah 20Cent, it would not have been the first time you would have been blasse with the truth.

Harming journalists is fine of course, so I guess Lyra McKee had it coming to her. After all, the guys who fired the gun were defending themselves, weren't they!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement