Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Qualifications are unnecessary. I let the lad behind the deli in SuperValu do my business accounts and recently got the local bus driver to perform knee surgery on me in his shed

Yeah that's exactly the same thing as somebody working in a job and paid to do that job that doesn't have a degree in the discipline.

If you work as a journalist then you are a journalist. If you work as a software developer then you are a software developer. If you work as a milkman then you are a milkman. You don't need a degree to prove this.

If they should have a degree is a whole other matter.

Why people are using this as an argument as to why he deserves to be beaten up for his political views I am not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

markodaly wrote: »
    Yet, one is arguably the most famous American journalist of the 20th century and the other is arguably the most famous Irish journalist of the last 40 years. But Blaaz wouldn't call them journalist because they don't have a degree in it. Right so.

Im.failing to see whats unreasonable...ive never said they arent good...just they cant call emselves journalists as not qualified??,fail to see how this is unreasonable?

You say you are working class? Pull the other one.
    Except i never said this?where??

Tbh i dont really understand difference,everyone works?

Why people are using this as an argument as to why he deserves to be beaten up for his political views I am not sure.[/quote]

Tbf noone has said this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Ah 20Cent, it would not have been the first time you would have been blasse with the truth.

Harming journalists is fine of course, so I guess Lyra McKee had it coming to her. After all, the guys who fired the gun were defending themselves, weren't they!

What planet are you on?
    No one said anything remotely like that.
    But work away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

My goodness, how ugly are they.

Antifa a group of ugly libtard nerds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Why people are using this as an argument as to why he deserves to be beaten up for his political views I am not sure.

Because it is been framed as an attack on "the press". I don't think anyone has honestly stated he should have got the few slaps he did, but like I said "If you are going to be dumb, you better tough".

From what I read from him he is just another tired clichéd idiot spreading shíté on his twitter account and grifting for donations.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

He ain't no Charlie Bird.

_blaaz wrote: »
    Im.failing to see whats unreasonable...ive never said they arent good...just they cant call emselves journalists as not qualified??,fail to see how this is unreasonable?

Except i never said this?where??

Tbh i dont really understand difference,everyone works?

Of course they can call themselves journalists because they work as journalists, you are redefining words now. Your argument is ridiculous

Boggles wrote: »
    Because it is been framed as an attack on "the press". I don't think anyone has honestly stated he should have got the few slaps he did, but like I said "If you are going to be dumb, you better tough".

From what I read from him he is just another tired clichidiot spreading sh on his twitter account and grifting for donations.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

He ain't no Charlie Bird.

Well that's a fair point, he obviously has very biased views and it shouldn't be framed as an attack on the press, its still wrong though to attack him for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

To be fair, anyone *can* call themselves a journalist once they've been published in some kind of news source, but to be counted as a reputable journalist and to be hired by a creditable news outlet, you generally have to demonstrate that you have solid journalistic standards.

That's why the reputable ones are careful to rigorously check their sources and their facts because one mistake can be a career-ender.

Like anyone can call themselves an author, even if the only thing they've got out there is some self-published star trek fan fiction. It's an extremely flexible description.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

20Cent wrote: »
    What planet are you on?
    No one said anything remotely like that.
    But work away.

You did 20Cent. You.

You specifically made reference to the fact that Antifa was acting out of self-defence when they attacked Andy Ngo. The same logic used by the Real IRA when they killed Lyra McKee.

I guess they both had it coming to them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Yeah that's exactly the same thing as somebody working in a job and paid to do that job that doesn't have a degree in the discipline.

If you work as a journalist then you are a journalist. If you work as a software developer then you are a software developer. If you work as a milkman then you are a milkman. You don't need a degree to prove this.

If they should have a degree is a whole other matter.

Nobody is using it as an excuse. Those Antifa beta crusties should have the book thrown at them

You did 20Cent. You.

You specifically made reference to the fact that Antifa was acting out of self-defence when they attacked Andy Ngo. The same logic used by the Real IRA when they killed Lyra McKee.

I guess they both had it coming to them.

There is no logic in your post and conflating the two is frankly sick.

A lot of bad faith debaters in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Antifa beta crusties should have the book thrown at them

Beta crusties? Jesus Christ, how far deep down the American political YouTube scene have you thrown yourself? Go on, call someone a soyboy, you know you want to.

Beta is nonsense anyway, we are a little more complex then animals. Just makes me roll my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

There is no logic in your post and conflating the two is frankly sick.

A lot of bad faith debaters in this thread.

Arguing with this crowd is a waste of time - there are no facts, just positions that are useful at that precise moment but which will be abandoned in an instant.

Like, remember when identity politics was the absolute worst thing in the world? Apparently it is now extremely valid and good and important because Andy Ngo happens to be gay and asian. Did you see the sheer number of posts mentioning that he's gay and asian as key elements in this event?

But it'll go back to being the worst thing again once its immediate usefulness is exhausted - wait and see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Beta crusties? Jesus Christ, how far deep down the American political YouTube scene have you thrown yourself? Go on, call someone a soyboy, you know you want to.

Crusties is more of an Irish saying. I like to mix it up though. We are talking about an incident that happened in that space after all.
    Soyboys? I'm not familiar with that one but I will try use it when possible

Edit: I just looked it up. I will definitely be using it more often

https://www-urbandictionary-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&term=Soy Boy&amp=true&usqp=mq331AQA#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s&ampshare=https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Soy%20Boy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

What this whole incident has proven, is simply that the bloody liberal MSM are nothing but virtue-signalling regressive lefties pandering to the tariff-keen prole-mongers of avant-garde realpolitik.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Standman wrote: »
    What this whole incident has proven, is simply that the bloody liberal MSM are nothing but virtue-signalling regressive lefties pandering to the tariff-keen prole-mongers of avant-garde realpolitik.

PARKLIFE!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

PARKLIFE!

i sang the whole post back in my head and had a good chuckle at my desk, well done sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

PARKLIFE!

Make fun all you want... in deed I do use big words because I'm used to reading the greats. Do you want to know what my favorite book is?
    Animal Farm by John Orwell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

biko wrote: »
    Study: 9 In 10 Antifa Protesters Still Living In Mom's Basement

84% are male
    72% are aged 18-29
    90% are single
    34% are unemployed
    100% feminist

Because the fight against fascism and the fight against patriarchy, go hand in hand. ;)

Kimsang wrote: »
    Because the fight against fascism and the fight against patriarchy, go hand in hand. ;)

Its angry bored middle class people who have so little going on in their lives that fighting a barely existing ideology is all they have. Its about punching a veteran in a wheelchair wearing a maga hat and actually being proud of it because you think you stood for something good

Daily Caller taken as a source.
    No wonder right wingers thing Ngo is a journalist and keep falling for these grifters.
    Most gullible group ever.

Of course they can call themselves journalists because they work as journalists, you are redefining words now. Your argument is ridiculous

So by your logic...if i walk into a hospitdeal and work as a doctor...i can call myself a doctor?

Its ridcolus logic like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Kimsang wrote: »

Sure does, feminism is the equality of the sexes not women being subservient to men as per the ideology of the Proud Boys and their supporters here. Right wingers always have a problem with women having rights like control over their own bodies, that's one reason they get upset.

Daily Caller taken as a source.
    No wonder right wingers thing Ngo is a journalist and keep falling for these grifters.
    Most gullible group ever.

Youve linked vice and huffpo before, 2 sides of the same op ed bias coin

_blaaz wrote: »
    So by your logic...if i walk into a hospitdeal and work as a doctor...i can call myself a doctor?

Its ridcolus logic like?
    Yeah that's exactly what I mean.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean.

Ok

You wouldn't get a job as a doctor without qualifications so no you couldn't call yourself a doctor because you don't work as one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Do you concur?

Seriously though, who was the first ever doctor, and who taught that person to be a doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement