Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

If you weren't so bizarrely infaturated with right-wing "grifters" you wouldn't have to pose such a ridiculous question. Feminism is left wing as all the main academics, musicians/actors and media that shove feminism down our throats are left wing. Try show up to next years Woman's March wearing a pro-life top and see how you get on.

unsurprisingly a tshirt that supports a predominantly anti-women position like "pro-life" would be unwelcome at a feminist rally. Any other gems of wisdom you wish to share? i wait with baited breath for your next bon mot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

If you weren't so bizarrely infaturated with right-wing "grifters" you wouldn't have to pose such a ridiculous question. Feminism is left wing as all the main academics, musicians/actors and media that shove feminism down our throats are left wing. Try show up to next years Woman's March wearing a pro-life top and see how you get on.

Can't name any?
    Bet you are talking about twitter accounts with 3 followers!!

If you turned up at any meeting with a t shirt saying you want to deny rights to the people at the meeting then they would be annoyed alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

unsurprisingly a tshirt that supports a predominantly anti-women position like "pro-life" would be unwelcome at a feminist rally. Any other gems of wisdom you wish to share? i wait with baited breath for your next bon mot.

I rest my case.

I rest my case.

you have to actually make a case before you rest it.

you have to actually make a case before you rest it.

I did. If you don't hold left-wing positions you are not welcome at feminist events. I made the case, you proved it on my behalf. Cheers buddy.

• Advertisement

I did. If you don't hold left-wing positions you are not welcome at feminist events. I made the case, you proved it on my behalf. Cheers buddy.

so being pro-women is left wing and being anti-women is right wing. glad we sorted that out.

so being pro-women is left wing and being anti-women is right wing. glad we sorted that out.

No, being pro-women is a far left position. Being pro-equal rights for people regardless of gender is a position for moderate leftwingers and right-wingers alike. Thanks for letting us know which position you hold though.

Finally, if you believe that pro-lifers are such because they are "anti-woman" I suggest you pay better attention to their arguments. They believe abortion is akin to murder. As wrong as I believe that position is it is not "anti-woman".

No, being pro-women is a far left position. Being pro-equal rights for people regardless of gender is a position for moderate leftwingers and right-wingers alike. Thanks for letting us know which position you hold though.

Finally, if you believe that pro-lifers are such because they are "anti-woman" I suggest you pay better attention to their arguments. They believe abortion is akin to murder. As wrong as I believe that position is it is not "anti-woman".

we have thrashed out the abortion arguments many times. they all come back to other people thinking they can decide what a woman can do with her body

we have thrashed out the abortion arguments many times. they all come back to other people thinking they can decide what a woman can do with her body

Claiming it is anti-woman is a weak attempt at slandering the other person, akin to a pro-lifer claiming that a pro-choice person is a "baby-murderer". If it's the best argument you've got I suggest you stay out of such debates in the future.

The fact that you don't understand that a pro-lifer sees it as her not doing something just to her body, but to the body of another suggests to me that you have never seriously considered their arguments. As you've said, been thrashed out many times, so I'll leave this point here.

The overall point, is that modern feminism is absolutely not welcoming to those who do not have a left-wing outlook and is such an ideology for those on the left.

Claiming it is anti-woman is a weak attempt at slandering the other person, akin to a pro-lifer claiming that a pro-choice person is a "baby-murderer". If it's the best argument you've got I suggest you stay out of such debates in the future.

The fact that you don't understand that a pro-lifer sees it as her not doing something just to her body, but to the body of another suggests to me that you have never seriously considered their arguments. As you've said, been thrashed out many times, so I'll leave this point here.

The overall point, is that modern feminism is absolutely not welcoming to those who do not have a left-wing outlook and is such an ideology for those on the left.

if you mean it doesnt make ***** welcome then you are absolutely correct.

• Advertisement

if you mean it doesnt make ***** welcome then you are absolutely correct.

This is more of it.. the left appear to be motivated by hatred..

i just know a **** when i come across one.

i just know a **** when i come across one.

"If they don't agree with me they're *****". As I said earlier, I rest my case.

Can you tell me of any group that would welcome in people who hate them into it? If you want a woman to carry her rapists baby then you're hardly a feminist.

20Cent wrote: »
    Can you tell me of any group that would welcome in people who hate them into it? If you want a woman to carry her rapists baby then you're hardly a feminist.

And here we are gentlemen and gentleladies, anyone who isn't pro-choice or has an issue with abortion (realistically anyone not in favour of abortion on demand) wants women to carry a rapists baby!!!

Reductio ad absurdum in all its glory.

A fine example why people like yourself are absolutely beyond talking to.

And here we are gentlemen and gentleladies, anyone who isn't pro-choice or has an issue with abortion (realistically anyone not in favour of abortion on demand) wants women to carry a rapists baby!!!

Reductio ad absurdum in all its glory.

A fine example why people like yourself are absolutely beyond talking to.

You just made up a load of stuff and post it like it's a gotcha reply.
    Zero sense these right wing folks.

You're one of the two people on this site that I regularly feel compelled to call an idiot 20 cent..

I wouldn't like, because of the charter and all, but it's a struggle to hold my tongue at times..

Only if you are projecting your own intolerance onto those on the other side. The whole basis of the left leaning side of politics is tolerance and acceptance of others. Being a nazi, discriminating against minorities and worshipping racists has no place amongst those ideals, and it is THAT which is hated.

Are people trying to twist it around and saying 'well, if you're so tolerant, then why don't you tolerate me being racist? "Seriously?

I challenge anyone who deems both sides to be as bad as each other to list out the people killed by Antifa / the far left. I guarantee that there are at least twenty times the number of casualties carried out by the far right. And that's the bottom line, really. Saying "people shouting down those with an opposing opinion" are as bad as those who murder innocent people is ludicrous.

List out the 100 million people killed by the far left?..

Only if you are projecting your own intolerance onto those on the other side. The whole basis of the left leaning side of politics is tolerance and acceptance of others. Being a nazi, discriminating against minorities and worshipping racists has no place amongst those ideals, and it is THAT which is hated.

Are people trying to twist it around and saying 'well, if you're so tolerant, then why don't you tolerate me being racist? "Seriously?

I challenge anyone who deems both sides to be as bad as each other to list out the people killed by Antifa / the far left. I guarantee that there are at least twenty times the number of casualties carried out by the far right. And that's the bottom line, really. Saying "people shouting down those with an opposing opinion" are as bad as those who murder innocent people is ludicrous.

Haha...

If antifa hated only fascists and racists, I can safely say the majority of us would be with them...

However, not being completely ok with abortion, not being comfortable with men in women only spaces, disagreeing with illegal immigration and positive discrimination or questioning a pay gap will have you on the alt right list and a candidate for abuse and exclusion from any public discourse if they see fit.

Nobody is championing anyone who murders in the name of bigotry, nobody I know would even dare. Yet a lot of people I know would be lumped in with those people just because they hold an opinion that isn't the political acceptable one of today.

You are attempting to do it. You are trying to say that we think antifa are as anyone who murders in the name of the "alt right". We are not. I and anyone I know would denounce that behaviour, even though they may agree politically with me. They have nothing to do with me

We are saying that antifa are thugs and a horrible organisation to associate with due to their propensity for violence and shutting down anything they deem to be hateful. I am hugely uncomfortable with that as I don't think such a mob should or could be arbiters of what I am allowed say or what opinion I am allowed hold.

• Advertisement

Haha...

If antifa hated only fascists and racists, I can safely say the majority of us would be with them...

However, not being completely ok with abortion, not being comfortable with men in women only spaces, disagreeing with illegal immigration and positive discrimination or questioning a pay gap will have you on the alt right list and a candidate for abuse and exclusion from any public discourse if they see fit.

Nobody is championing anyone who murders in the name of bigotry, nobody I know would even dare. Yet a lot of people I know would be lumped in with those people just because they hold an opinion that isn't the political acceptable one of today.

You are attempting to do it. You are trying to say that we think antifa are as anyone who murders in the name of the "alt right". We are not. I and anyone I know would denounce that behaviour, even though they may agree politically with me. They have nothing to do with me

We are saying that antifa are thugs and a horrible organisation to associate with due to their propensity for violence and shutting down anything they deem to be hateful. I am hugely uncomfortable with that as I don't think such a mob should or could be arbiters of what I am allowed say or what opinion I am allowed hold.

Change the record it's an obvious lie.

You're one of the two people on this site that I regularly feel compelled to call an idiot 20 cent..

I wouldn't like, because of the charter and all, but it's a struggle to hold my tongue at times..

Go ahead, like I give a sh1t what you think lol

Go ahead, like I give a sh1t what you think lol

You see, you just come across like a nasty child..

irony

irony

Ah yeah, but that first one was funny in fairness..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

Antifa, now there's a word that I haven't seen come up in board's in a while.

Suffering bejayzus, Antifa Social Justice warriors and their ilk are absolutely what I'd call wannabe terrorists.

A bit like a drunk who knows he's a drunk but can't help picking up a drink.
    Sick, childish individuals.

I hung out with SJWs around 5 year's ago, they get an emotional hangover if they're happy.
    It's not normal for them to be happy.
    There's something wrong with them when they have nothing to fight for.

Self destructive narcissistic people.

There's a cure all right, but that's debatable.

nthclare wrote: »
    Antifa, now there's a word that I haven't seen come up in board's in a while.

Suffering bejayzus, Antifa Social Justice warriors and their ilk are absolutely what I'd call wannabe terrorists.

A bit like a drunk who knows he's a drunk but can't help picking up a drink.
    Sick, childish individuals.

I hung out with SJWs around 5 year's ago, they get an emotional hangover if they're happy.
    It's not normal for them to be happy.
    There's something wrong with them when they have nothing to fight for.

Self destructive narcissistic people.

There's a cure all right, but that's debatable.

Cool story bro.

Change the record it's an obvious lie.

Devastating retort.

And deeply hypocritical of you to ever ask someone else to change the record. I wonder how many times you've used the word grifter...

Cool story bro.

Two in a row

• Advertisement

Someones triggered lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement