Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It doesn't matter anyway, one way or the other, if you want to call him something else do.

The fact he is a journalist or not doesn't matter. Nobody, journalist or non journalist should be attacked for their political views. If its ok to do to right wing people then it will be ok to do when they do it to left wing people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

The fact he is a journalist or not doesn't matter. Nobody, journalist or non journalist should be attacked for their political views.

I agree no one should be attacked, but there should be extra weight on offences against journalists. They are reporting on events, not involved in them.

Sue LLoyd Roberts had no qualifications in journalism, and went to the worst places in the world to report on them. Today she would be called a troll and a provocateur? What do you think blaaz and 20c?

I think she is a journalist, and a hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

20Cent wrote: »
    Advocating for fascism

Who's advocating fascism?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Who's advocating fascism?

Nazis.

markodaly wrote: »
    Harming journalists is fine of course...
    What planet are you on?
    No one said anything remotely like that.
    But work away.

*Clears throat. "My what a forgetful poster you are."
    Ngo was there to dox people which he has done in the past. The people who attacked him may well have saved some lives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

Self confessed leftie Joe Rogan on the happenings in Portland.

Anyone got a clue what the point of this post is?

Boxing.Fan wrote: »

Self confessed leftie Joe Rogan on the happenings in Portland.

And Eric Weinstein, kind of a Hitchens without the bite and charm.

Is Sue-Lloyd Roberts a journalist?

Kimsang wrote: »
    Is Sue-Lloyd Roberts a journalist?

Not familiar with her.
    Seems like everyone is a journalist anyway. We all are.
    I'm a photographer as well since I use Instagram.

• Advertisement

Not familiar with her.
    Seems like everyone is a journalist anyway. We all are.
    I'm a photographer as well since I use Instagram.

Maybe it's worth familiarizing yourself seeing as how relevant it is to this story.
    Sue Lloyd-Roberts, who has died aged 64 after suffering from myeloid leukaemia, was one of television’s most outstanding reporters. For ITN and the BBC, fearless and resourceful, she travelled widely, reporting from war zones and exposing human rights abuses in some of the world’s most tyrannous and secretive regimes. Often she did so alone, filming her own reports and going to elaborate and daring lengths to get her stories.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/oct/14/sue-lloyd-roberts

I, like many others, believe her to be a hero and a journalist. Do you agree?

20Cent wrote:
    You can't say anything these days PC gone mad.

Says the guy who refuses to explain what he means by Nazis and fascism.
    klaaaz wrote:
    Sure does, feminism is the equality of the sexes not women being subservient to men as per the ideology of the Proud Boys and their supporters here. Right wingers always have a problem with women having rights like control over their own bodies, that's one reason they get upset.

Again, you are misrepresenting. In what way is promoting traditional gender roles treating women as subservient?

We get it, you love the idea of abortion. Lots of right wingers also voted for repealing the eighth. It might sound mad to you, but a lot of left leaning people also have misgivings about abortion on demand too.

It isn't a one size fits all mentality that you and supporters of the horrific antifa seem to think it is.

What is a fascist to you?

Maybe it's worth familiarizing yourself seeing as how relevant it is to this story.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/oct/14/sue-lloyd-roberts

I, like many others, believe her to be a hero and a journalist. Do you agree?

I'm a fan of lots of journalists and many are very brave.
    Not a fan of Lord Haw Haw though.
    You think he was a journalist?

markodaly wrote: »
    Harming journalists is fine of course...
    What planet are you on?
    No one said anything remotely like that.
    But work away.

Ngo was there to dox people which he has done in the past. The people who attacked him may well have saved some lives.

Hmmm perhaps I'll have to simplify my point somewhat;

*Caveman grunt.

"You 20 Cent."
    "Me Snake."
    "You think punching journalist very very good."
    "Me think punching journalist very very bad."

Have I dumbed down my point enough?

Say a journalist is doing a story about football hooligans.
    He gets to know some Millwall fans.
    They tell him they are attacking Man U fans who are drinking in a pub.
    He goes along with them and films it.

He then writes stories about how terrible the Man U fans are and posts lots of photos of them knowing they will become targets.

Is this person really a journalist or a member of the hooligan gang?

I'm a fan of lots of journalists and many are very brave.
    Not a fan of Lord Haw Haw though.
    You think he was a journalist?

You call yourself a feminist? and you don't seem to care who Sue Lloyd-Roberts is? Seriously?

the-war-on-women-9781471153921_lg.jpg

Is it so difficult to call her a journalist and a hero? Why is that?

20Cent wrote:
    Say a journalist is doing a story about football hooligans. He gets to know some Millwall fans. They tell him they are attacking Man U fans who are drinking in a pub. He goes along with them and films it.

Say you are a person who gets to know antifa. They call people Nazis because they don't agree with their mobs mentality.

They arrange to attack and assault anyone who disagrees with them. Sometimes extremely violently. You defend and support them.

By defending and supporting people who use violence to suppress the opposition, are you a fascist?

You call yourself a feminist? and you don't seem to care who Sue Lloyd-Roberts is? Seriously

<SNIP>

Have you had a stroke or something?
    Get to a doctor quickly.
    A qualified one btw.

Have you had a stroke or something?
    Get to a doctor quickly.
    A qualified one btw.

The problem seems your inability to focus for 5 seconds. Lord haw haw as you refereced was broadcasting nazi material, nothing to do with Andy Ngo.

Sue Lloyd Roberts on the other hand was exactly in the same circumstance as Ngo, she worked often alone, going to the most controversial places on earth to report on atrocities, especially to women, and you can't call her a hero and a journalist. That is pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Say you are a person who gets to know antifa. They call people Nazis because they don't agree with their mobs mentality.

They arrange to attack and assault anyone who disagrees with them. Sometimes extremely violently. You defend and support them.

By defending and supporting people who use violence to suppress the opposition, are you a fascist?

Don't forget crying about how mean and unfair it is to be named and shamed publicly for supporting fascist groups such as antifa, when said journo's spout one op-ed piece after another that support fascist groups like antifa!

• Advertisement

The problem seems your inability to focus for 5 seconds. Lord haw haw as you refereced was broadcasting nazi material, nothing to do with Andy Ngo.

Sue Lloyd Roberts on the other hand was exactly in the same circumstance as Ngo, she worked often alone, going to the most controversial places on earth to report on atrocities, especially to women, and you can't call her a hero and a journalist. That is pathetic.

In my opinion Ngo is more like Lord Haw Haw.

Venom wrote: »
    Don't forget crying about how mean and unfair it is to be named and shamed publicly for supporting fascist groups such as antifa, when said journo's spout one op-ed piece after another that support fascist groups like antifa!

He associated people with nothing to do with antifa, they then got death threats.
    Normal journalists don't do things like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

In my opinion Ngo is more like Lord Haw Haw.

That’s insane. Insane.

No indication at all he’s a fascist. Or a sympathiser.

That’s insane. Insane.

No indication at all he’s a fascist. Or a sympathiser.

He shows up at their events, writes positive articles about them, writes articles supporting their beliefs, doxes their opposition, etc etc

What more does he have to do.........

He associated people with nothing to do with antifa, they then got death threats.
    Normal journalists don't do things like that.

Only back in January of this year, a group of Covington Catholic High School kids were publicly named and shamed as being racists by most media and news sources on the planet, yet were 100% innocent of any wrong doing. Celebrities, some that are even house hold names, called for these kids lives to be ruined, for acts of violence to be committed against them and for them to be doxxed.

So let's not pretend these so-called normal journalists don't do shady shít.

Venom wrote: »
    Only back in January of this year, a group of Covington Catholic High School kids were publicly named and shamed as being racists by most media and news sources on the planet, yet were 100% innocent of any wrong doing. Celebrities, some that are even house hold names, called for these kids lives to be ruined, for acts of violence to be committed against them and for them to be doxxed.

So let's not pretend these so-called normal journalists don't do shady shít.

So we are in agreement he does shady sh1t.

He shows up at their events, writes positive articles about them, writes articles supporting their beliefs, doxes their opposition, etc etc

What more does he have to do.........

He follows a story and where it leads. Every time antifa show up, either violence erupts, innocent people are attacked, property gets destroyed or all of the above. Of course he is going to follow such a group around, just like all the other journo's that tend to follow them when its 100% guaranteed that shít will start.

Lyra McKee was doing the exact same thing when she was murdered. Was she out of order for following the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

20 I really have to give you credit you are brilliant at dodging questions.

So we are in agreement he does shady sh1t.

With such an ability for mental gymnastics, you would clean up the gold at the Olympics!

• Advertisement

SexBobomb wrote: »
    20 I really have to give you credit you are brilliant at dodging questions.

No one answers my questions.

Anyway whataboutery is boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement