Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Brian? wrote: »
    Just because one or many Jewish people saw something it doesn't mean the whole group are saying it.

And yet we hear about "white people" and "whiteness" all the time. Certainly in the last few weeks. In fact there are quite a lot of people saying that because some Anglo Irish held slaves it means we are all guilty and we have a collective accountability.
    Funnily enough a lot of the "whiteness" theories originated from Jewish academics.. You would think they should know better than to tar an entire race with the same brush.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    So you're crying for the sake of it. Good to know.

I’m crying now?

I’m drawing attention to the fact you’re generalising the entire Jewish population of the world. You don’t see the problem?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

And yet we hear about "white people" and "whiteness" all the time. Certainly in the last few weeks. In fact there are quite a lot of people saying that because some Anglo Irish held slaves it means we are all guilty and we have a collective accountability.
    Funnily enough a lot of the "whiteness" theories originated from Jewish academics.. You would think they should know better than to tar an entire race with the same brush.

I’m not interested in whataboutery right now.

Generalising based on ethnic group, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation etc. is always wrong.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

I’m crying now?

I’m drawing attention to the fact you’re generalising the entire Jewish population of the world. You don’t see the problem?

I'm "generalizing" because I wondered why they felt the need to be in an uproar over Trump declaring Antifa a domestic terrorist group [considering what they've done over the last few years nobody with a brain would be against this decision]

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

I’m not interested in whataboutery right now.

Generalising based on ethnic group, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation etc. is always wrong.

Yes, which is why the concept of Whiteness is deeply, profoundly, racist.

• Advertisement

I'm "generalizing" because I wondered why they felt the need to be in an uproar over Trump declaring Antifa a domestic terrorist group [considering what they've done over the last few years nobody with a brain would be against this decision]

You seem to be completely missing my point.

One article in an Israeli newspaper and your comment is “The Jews are crying..... “. You’re taking the opinion of one Jewish journalist and projecting it onto millions of other Jewish people. It’s bizarre.

they/them/theirs

Yes, which is why the concept of Whiteness is deeply, profoundly, racist.

I dunno. I don’t even know what “the concept of Whiteness” is.

If you say “all white people do x”. The yes, it’s racist. We’re hardly the victims of widespread discrimination though

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Interesting item here from the Jewish site Forward:
    Your top 9 Yiddish antifa anthems: a revolutionary playlist -
    The Yiddish roots of antifa – the anti-fascist movement whose precursors date back at least as far as opposition to the Russian czar – have been well documented. They are also enshrined in a canon of Yiddish antifa songs – songs of resistance, anarchism, revolution, and workers’ rights – that listeners might find eerily resonant and applicable to our present moment.

https://forward.com/culture/448163/your-top-9-yiddish-antifa-anthems-a-revolutionary-playlist/

Also:
    https://forward.com/news/448022/antifa-yiddish-zionist/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

In what way is that interesting to you, MontgomeryClift?

I dunno. I don’t even know what “the concept of Whiteness” is.

If you say “all white people do x”. The yes, it’s racist. We’re hardly the victims of widespread discrimination though

Id say white people being told en masse that they have to accept they have white privilege is racist.

Being told that the reasons they have succeeded in life is not through their efforts but because the colour of their skin puts others at a disadvantage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

d736570f125ebbd8e013ee7c54e03591.jpg

Id say white people being told en masse that they have to accept they have white privilege is racist.

Being told that the reasons they have succeeded in life is not through their efforts but because the colour of their skin puts others at a disadvantage.

Isn't that what I said?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Interesting item here from the Jewish site Forward
    Interesting but most people have had some sort of force fighting against fascism, particularly during the nazi era.

The Jewish Antifa were Zionists. Today's Antifa are anti-Zionists.

Isn't that what I said?

"We're hardly the victims of widespread discrimination" doesn't seem like you acknowledge that.

It seems like race (specifically black) is being used and hijacked by antifa and other groups and has been politically weaponized in order to attack others.

Priti Patel was laughably told yesterday that she doesn't understand discrimination. Black people who refuse to see themselves as victims are being labelled uncle Tom's and race traitors.

Should people be treated equally? Absolutely. And there are laws in place to ensure that they are. Should people be judged on their actions rather than their skin colour? Absolutely

Show me one law that discriminates against someone and I will oppose it. But I will not accept that me, as a white person, should apologise, feel bad about or even accept that my skin colour has given me any advantage.

"We're hardly the victims of widespread discrimination" doesn't seem like you acknowledge that.

We aren't though. There is no case to be made that white people suffer from discrimination on a large scale/\.
    It seems like race (specifically black) is being used and hijacked by antifa and other groups and has been politically weaponized in order to attack others.

Priti Patel was laughably told yesterday that she doesn't understand discrimination. Black people who refuse to see themselves as victims are being labelled uncle Tom's and race traitors.

Should people be treated equally? Absolutely. And there are laws in place to ensure that they are. Should people be judged on their actions rather than their skin colour? Absolutely

Show me one law that discriminates against someone and I will oppose it. But I will not accept that me, as a white person, should apologise, feel bad about or even accept that my skin colour has given me any advantage.

I am not sure why you are posting this as a reply to my comment.

they/them/theirs

We aren't though. There is no case to be made that white people suffer from discrimination on a large scale/\.

Depends on your definition of discrimination and depends on where you are.

In majority white areas, more non white will suffer discrimination based on their skin colour.

In majority black areas, non black people will suffer discrimination based on their skin colour

In majority Asian areas, non Asian people will suffer discrimination based on their skin colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Isn't that what I said?

It is, but it tends to be selectively implemented by people with certain politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

its common knowledge that jews have been disproportionately involved in the whole area of gender and identity politics , jews tend to be highly involved in liberal activisim in the usa , always have been

il get slated for saying it of course but its a fact , funnily enough however , despite always showing a lot of support for civil - black rights down the decades , african americans tend to be more distrustful of jews than your average american , i dont know why that is but its very much the case

PS , im not anti jewish or anti any race or ethnicity , i just dont see why certain realities related to certain groups are taboo to discuss , not every jewish person is a left wing college academic , not every black person is a star basketball player either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    its common knowledge that jews have been disproportionately involved in the whole area of gender and identity politics , jews tend to be highly involved in liberal activisim in the usa , always have been

il get slated for saying it of course but its a fact , funnily enough however , despite always showing a lot of support for civil - black rights down the decades , african americans tend to be more distrustful of jews than your average american , i dont know why that is but its very much the case

PS , im not anti jewish or anti any race or ethnicity , i just dont see why certain realities related to certain groups are taboo to discuss , not every jewish person is a left wing college academic , not every black person is a star basketball player either

David Cole has an article in Taki's Magazine about this.
    Again, a disconnect. Jews like [Frances] Fisher don’t see themselves as white. They see themselves as oppressed “people of color,” and therefore a natural fit as “leader” of their fellow POCs. The problem is, actual people of color see them as not just white, but worse than white. They’re seen as whites who are smarter, richer, and more devious than “regular” whites. They’re the whites who exploit whites, which, to the average black guy, makes them more dangerous, and their motives more worthy of suspicion.

Nonwhites—blacks especially—are uniquely paranoid about the presence of a conspiratorial hidden hand “keeping them down.” Whites fit that bill just fine, but Jews fit it better. Plus, blacks aren’t blind. In the cities where they have local control—those ghastly urban gardens of rot and fungus—the condescending whites they come across in the leftist intelligentsia tend to have surnames that end in -stein, -berg, and -schitz.

So here yet again we see the disconnect. Jews at CNN like Jeff Zucker, Michael Bass, and Andrew Morse think they can encourage the nonwhite masses to go searching for “the people who hold the power,” and somehow that scheme won’t boomerang on their own community. Frances Fisher thinks she can ignite a race war without being one of the first casualties of the bloodthirsty revolutionaries she incites.

The hubris is off the charts. Sic the schvartzes on the “aristocratic archetypes” who “hold the power,” and assume that the dumb duskies won’t follow the ladder up to the highest rung. It’s not just hubris, but self-delusion. The Jews see themselves as “allies” of the coloreds, so naturally the coloreds must see it that way too…no matter how many times again and again blacks make it clear that they actually see Jews as outsiders, interlopers, and exploiters.

https://www.takimag.com/article/rise-up-already-you-schvartzes/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

When I sit on a bus people never sit beside me. This is based on what I look like. Have seen this trend for years, people judging on appearance alone. I'm white and maybe intimidating to some but I'm friendly and the type that will help a stranger.(can't untrain instincts in people)
    I get discrimination and all, but if we look at the black comunity as a brand they are damaging it terribly with the current carry on(looting and rioting in Cali)
    I read somewhere regarding the riots in London"could you imagine if everyone social distanced and remained silent as the peacefully protested"

• Advertisement

Onesea wrote: »
    When I sit on a bus people never sit beside me. This is based on what I look like. Have seen this trend for years, people judging on appearance alone. I'm white and maybe intimidating to some but I'm friendly and the type that will help a stranger.(can't untrain instincts in people)
    I get discrimination and all, but if we look at the black comunity as a brand they are damaging it terribly with the current carry on(looting and rioting in Cali)
    I read somewhere regarding the riots in London"could you imagine if everyone social distanced and remained silent as the peacefully protested"

Nobody responded to you chief. Let me.

You chose your appearance. Nobody is judging you on anything apart from your choices. Check your privilege of being allowed to be discriminated against. People of colour don't get that choice. #ripgeorge

Priti Patel was laughably told yesterday that she doesn't understand discrimination.

Looks like someone needs to check their privilege.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Antifa / radical leftists have gone from chanting "No Border, No wall, No USA at all!" to actually building their own walls :P

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1270967403464126467

Antifa / radical leftists have gone from chanting "No Border, No wall, No USA at all!" to actually building their own walls :P

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1270967403464126467

And not even 24 hrs later they're already begging for food. Police and Military should surround the fence so no one can get in or out.

Time to let nature take its course with these idiots.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,488 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Priti Patel was laughably told yesterday that she doesn't understand discrimination.

Laughably? The daughter of immigrants who is anti immigration should take a long hard look at herself and see what a hypocrite she is. Laughably though? Well I laugh at clowns as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Laughably? The daughter of immigrants who is anti immigration should take a long hard look at herself and see what a hypocrite she is. Laughably though? Well I laugh at clowns as well.

patel is the perfect example of somebody pulling up the ladder after themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

They should let the anarchists at it. Experimentally give them their Autonomous zone but they have to negotiate a trade deal for food, energy, water, gas, the usual things that new countries have to adhere to.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

She not a clown. She's the whole damn circus.

They should let the anarchists at it. Experimentally give them their Autonomous zone but they have to negotiate a trade deal for food, energy, water, gas, the usual things that new countries have to adhere to.

**** them. Let them figure out how to do that on their own. Let them produce stuff on their own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

And not even 24 hrs later they're already begging for food.

Yeah, seen that and what was funny is they said that homeless people "took away" their food :D

antifadopes.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement