Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

biko wrote: »
    Have you wondered about the flags?

Antifa was a militant organisation in Weimar Republic started by members of the Stalinist "Communist Party of Germany".
    The original logo of Antifaschistische Aktion from 1932 was actually entirely red like so:

tumblr_inline_oldqykHic51uw1hc9_250.png

It was changed to include black for anarchists. That’s pretty easy to find out. Why the questioning?

Have you looked up the three arrows down symbol at all? One commonly used by Antifa. One arrow each for fascism, monarchy and soviet communism.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Hmm I wonder if the Proud Boys were going to be outlawed would they be posting the same thing.. I doubt it.

Why? The statement was in favour of peaceful protest.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Brian? wrote: »
    It was changed to include black for anarchists. That’s pretty easy to find out. Why the questioning?

Have you looked up the three arrows down symbol at all? One commonly used by Antifa. One arrow each for fascism, monarchy and soviet communism.

"Im not a member of antifa"

"Im not a member of antifa"

I’m not. I’m also not a member of the Bee Gees, but I know most of the words to Staying Alive.

I am able to use Wikipedia though. I know this is shocking news to you, but there are search engines that can find information on the entire internet and deliver it in order of relevancy.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

biko wrote: »

That's not surprising. The United Nations has its roots in Communism. When Communists were being exposed in the US State Department it was common for them to move along to jobs at the newly-founded UN.

The likes of Mary Jane Keeney, Gustavo Duran, Alger Hiss, Philip Jessup, Dorothy Kenyon, Esther Brunauer and Owen Lattimore all went on to work at the UN.

Hiss even helped staff the UN a few years before he was jailed for lying under oath about his Communist activities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I’m not. I’m also not a member of the Bee Gees, but I know most of the words to Staying Alive.

I am able to use Wikipedia though. I know this is shocking news to you, but there are search engines that can find information on the entire internet and deliver it in order of relevancy.

Brian is the dead bee gee, so rumours abounded that you were not, I wanted to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

That's not surprising. The United Nations has its roots in Communism. When Communists were being exposed in the US State Department it was common for them to move along to jobs at the newly-founded UN.

The likes of Mary Jane Keeney, Gustavo Duran, Alger Hiss, Philip Jessup, Dorothy Kenyon, Esther Brunauer and Owen Lattimore all went on to work at the UN.

Hiss even helped staff the UN a few years before he was jailed for lying under oath about his Communist activities.

Let’s not forget Gorbachev who went from being premier of the Soviet Union to UN golden boy and environmental guru overnight. His seat in Moscow was hardly cold by the time he was in the limelight at Rio 92. If that doesn’t say it all.

Let’s not forget Gorbachev who went from being premier of the Soviet Union to UN golden boy and environmental guru overnight. His seat in Moscow was hardly cold by the time he was in the limelight at Rio 92. If that doesn’t say it all.

Gorbachev who was instrumental in dismantling the Soviet Union? Historically he's a pretty admired leader.

Gorbachev who was instrumental in dismantling the Soviet Union? Historically he's a pretty admired leader.

The Soviet Unions central command economy was an utter failure, stagnant and on life support since the mid 1970s at least, there was no saving it, it was beyond all repair, a giant monolithic fail like the rest of the Soviet project. Perestroika and Glasnost were last ditch attempts to bolster the terminally ill Soviet economy. Gorbachev remained a communist and was an icon for western communists who were reinventing themselves as liberal environmentalists in the early 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Why? The statement was in favour of peaceful protest.

I know.

• Advertisement

I know.

So why do you wonder?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

• Registered Users Posts: 83,525 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

#BlueLeaks has a trove of Antifa related documents, most of which suggest that police are aware that a large amount of alleged Antifa violence is right wing Provocateurs.

https://twitter.com/ddosecrets/status/1274116504058019840?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Dem ebil Kekistanis

EbCy0OzWoAELwTr?format=jpg&name=medium

So why do you wonder?

Because Proud Boys engage in violence no more than antifa do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Overheal wrote: »
    #BlueLeaks has a trove of Antifa related documents, most of which suggest that police are aware that a large amount of alleged Antifa violence is right wing Provocateurs.

https://twitter.com/ddosecrets/status/1274116504058019840?s=21

Lol yeah right! you believe that and I'll believe Andy Ngô
    https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1274976994493468673?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Antifa were apparently planning to turn up at a protest over removal of Russell statue yesterday, but when they realised that organisers were pretty serious Dublin dissident republicans they decided that it was day to wash hair or dummy runs for Bohs casuals next assault on oul fellas wearing Rovers scarfs :--)

Because Proud Boys engage in violence no more than antifa do.

Isn’t a fist fight part of the initiation to the Proud Boys? Or did they drop that.

I honestly don’t believe the Proud Boys are any sort of terrorist menace. I think they’re lonely gimps looking to belong to something for the most part. Deluded lads easily taken in.

they/them/theirs

Isn’t a fist fight part of the initiation to the Proud Boys? Or did they drop that.

I honestly don’t believe the Proud Boys are any sort of terrorist menace. I think they’re lonely gimps looking to belong to something for the most part. Deluded lads easily taken in.

No idea. And I agree with you. But the point is there is no chance in hell the UN would've tweeted what they did had the Proud Boys been the group that Trump or any president was looking to defacto outlaw.

No idea. And I agree with you. But the point is there is no chance in hell the UN would've tweeted what they did had the Proud Boys been the group that Trump or any president was looking to defacto outlaw.

I really don't see how you know that.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Somes them up pritty well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So Seattle's CHOP Antifastan area has now had it’s second shooting occur, a man has died, a deaf woman sexually assaulted, 30,000 Seattle residents live under CHOP’s mob rule, the media is controlled, it’s walled off, and can't feed itself so it relies on food from people it hates.

The democrat mayor and democrat governor should be in jail for failures to control the situtation. And now a billion dollar company, Smead Capital Management, is leaving and moving its headquarters to Phoenix’s Camelback Corridor.
    ” … The unrest that has taken place in the city of Seattle … there is really is not a downtown business community today,” Smead Capital Management, President and CEO Cole Smead told KTAR News 92.3 FM.

This should be a wakeup call to anyone who allows and encourages Antifa to get a foothold in their cities.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    So Seattle's CHOP Antifastan area has now had it’s second shooting occur, a man has died, a deaf woman sexually assaulted, 30,000 Seattle residents live under CHOP’s mob rule, the media is controlled, it’s walled off, and can't feed itself so it relies on food from people it hates.

The democrat mayor and democrat governor should be in jail for failures to control the situtation. And now a billion dollar company, Smead Capital Management, is leaving and moving its headquarters to Phoenix’s Camelback Corridor.

This should be a wakeup call to anyone who allows and encourages Antifa to get a foothold in their cities.

Soymalia is absolutely hilarious, a showcase of how brain dead these types actually are. Didn’t a gangsta rapper declare himself king there recently lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Soymalia is absolutely hilarious, a showcase of how brain dead these types actually are. Didn’t a gangsta rapper declare himself king there recently lol.
    Warlord is the better term.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Warlord is the better term.

My mistake, he actually does call himself a warlord. What a cesspool Seattle has turned out to be. Another democrat run city flushed down the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

My mistake, he actually does call himself a warlord. What a cesspool Seattle has turned out to be. Another democrat run city flushed down the toilet.
    They will be screeching hysterically for Federal funds no doubt.
    Let Antifa and BLM put humpty dumpty back together again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Be interesting to see if the mayor gets the crusty scum to agree to the cops coming back.

If they do it proves that BLM/Antifa is nothing more than Democrat cats paw.

Indeed that was already proven in Atlanta when they were not allowed run amok after that child beater was shot.

Soon that imbecile Biden will be in the spotlight. Not going to plan at all.

I'll ask the same question I keep asking. What has this got to do with Antifa?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/11/media/seattle-antifa-protest-trump/index.html

they/them/theirs

Sounds like Seattle is spiraling out of control, won't someone think of the children!!!!!
    The New York Times, which had a reporter on the ground, described the occupied area as "part street festival, part commune."
    "Hundreds have gathered to hear speeches, poetry and music," Mike Baker, a Pacific Northwest correspondent for The Times, reported. "On Tuesday night, dozens of people sat in the middle of an intersection to watch '13th,' the Ava DuVernay film about the criminal justice system's impact on African-Americans. On Wednesday, children made chalk drawings in the middle of the street."

Chalk drawings on the street! It's like the last days of Rome, civilization won't survive such anarchy.

You lot need to lay off the Breitbart/Fox/Andy Ngo anti-Antifa echo chamber for a while. I am starting to think Anitfa Derangement Syndrome is even more sever than Trump Derangement Syndrome. People see Antifa everywhere, waiting around every corner. It's really bizarre at this stage.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

Make ya sick to your stomach, sub human thrash.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/wwii-monument-charlotte-defaced-hammer-sickle

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement