Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Poisonous bastards.

Brian? wrote: »
    Sounds like Seattle is spiraling out of control, won't someone think of the children!!!!!

Chalk drawings on the street! It's like the last days of Rome, civilization won't survive such anarchy.

You lot need to lay off the Breitbart/Fox/Andy Ngo anti-Antifa echo chamber for a while. I am starting to think Anitfa Derangement Syndrome is even more sever than Trump Derangement Syndrome. People see Antifa everywhere, waiting around every corner. It's really bizarre at this stage.

Anywhere with that much rape, robbery, assaults, murder and multiple shootings in just 2 weeks.

Come on man ffs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Danzy wrote: »
    Anywhere with that much rape, robbery, assaults, murder and multiple shootings in just 2 weeks.

Come on man ffs.

What has it got to do with Antifa? I ask again and again and again and all I get is silence or non answers.

How many shootings, robberies etc. were there in the so called "CHAZ" in the last 2 weeks were there? Police cite one shooting, with a man injured who is recovering in hospital.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/22/seattle-dismantle-chaz-protest-zone

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

I agree that it was a terrible thing to do. Really terrible.

But "sub human trash"? That's a bit much, isn't it?

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

What has it got to do with Antifa? I ask again and again and again and all I get is silence or non answers.

When you're given proof it's never good enough. 'how can that be antifa its not a group'. Then you go back to asking got proof, and around in circles we go.

• Advertisement

When you're given proof it's never good enough. 'how can that be antifa its not a group'. Then you go back to asking got proof, and around in circles we go.

I haven't been given any proof. I have been given tweets titled "antifa" with no proof it is Antifa.

I have posted links to show that the authorities don't believe Antifa are much of a threat, but everyone is ignoring them.

With the "CHAZ", is there any proof Antifa are involved?

they/them/theirs

How many shootings, robberies etc. were there in the so called "CHAZ" in the last 2 weeks were there? Police cite one shooting, with a man injured who is recovering in hospital.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/22/seattle-dismantle-chaz-protest-zone

At least 3 shooting incidents, one dead. Multiple assaults reported, multiple sexual assault and rapes. Tough stories about a small shop that they tried to burn out, police couldn't get to.

The Police Chief said there have been numerous rapes they couldn't investigate, she is black so the activists call her an Uncle Tom.

You remind me of a fierce old fashioned neighbours who never would accept that Priests abused kids, the same loyalty to the team. Both religious in yere own ways.

At least 3 shooting incidents, one dead. Multiple assaults reported, multiple sexual assault and rapes. Tough stories about a small shop that they tried to burn out, police couldn't get to.

The Police Chief said there have been numerous rapes they couldn't investigate, she is black so the activists call her an Uncle Tom.

Ok, I found some reports of these incidents. Sounds absolutely awful, I hope the people responsible are caught and punished. The people within the CHAZ should be ashamed of themselves if they stopped the police taking action.
    You remind me of a fierce old fashioned neighbours who never would accept that Priests abused kids, the same loyalty to the team. Both religious in yere own ways.

Absolute nonsense. I have zero loyalty to Antifa. I just think making them into a bogeyman is absolutely ridiculous given how irrelevant and ineffective they really are. Question again; what has any of this got to do with Antifa? Supplemental question, why are so many people lazily blaming Antifa for these things rather than being concerned with who's really responsible?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

what has any of this got to do with Antifa? Supplemental question, why are so many people lazily blaming Antifa for these things rather than being concerned with who's really responsible?

The Nazi's no doubt. :rolleyes:

I don't agree that Antifa are a highly organized group directing everything.

Activists over lapping in groups, etc.

It's become a catch all for phrase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I do agree that Antifa are a highly organized group directing everything.

they are either a highly organised group or antifa is used as a catch all phrase for people you dont agree with. which is it?

they are either a highly organised group or antifa is used as a catch all phrase for people you dont agree with. which is it?
    Don't

WrenBoy wrote: »

Why not actually engage with the point I made instead of thus kind of dismissive, throw away one liner?

they/them/theirs

I don't agree that Antifa are a highly organized group directing everything.

Ah right, so "Antifa" is now a catch all term for lots of groups that are nothing to do with Antifa. That makes life so simple.

they/them/theirs

Ah right, so "Antifa" is now a catch all term for lots of groups that are nothing to do with Antifa. That makes life so simple.

To a degree it is but there are still ad hoc and more formally organized Antifa groups in cities and countries.

It's become a catch all in that any left wing rich kid who gets off on violence and control is now called Antifa, because they fit the type.

Many of them might not be but they would protest along side Antifa and admire them.

what has any of this got to do with Antifa? Supplemental question, why are so many people lazily blaming Antifa for these things rather than being concerned with who's really responsible?
    Why not actually engage with the point I made instead of thus kind of dismissive, throw away one liner?

Go on so tell us who's responsible since its not noble antifa.

Go on so tell us who's responsible since its not noble antifa.

Seems to mainly BLM. The police in Seattle see no evidence of Antifa involvement, you disagree?

they/them/theirs

yes, seen video of Luis Marquez at the CHAZ so obviously they are involved.

yes, seen video of Luis Marquez at the CHAZ so obviously they are involved.

That's enough proof for you to say Antifa are responsible?

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

I don't know about THIS poster, but yeah I'd broadly agree, many of he climate activists, Antifa, BLM, just a variation on the people at the front of the mass speaking their prayers loudly. Religion is (can be) a hack to exploit people lacking a purpose or mission in life. Also provides a feeling of belonging to some thing greater.

The religion is dead, long live the religion

PS remember the activists in the jungle in france, told that woman not to report her rape as "it would show the refugess in a bad light"
    That's straight out of the kiddie raping cover ups here. in UK the journalists didn't want to write about kids getting raped, after writing so confidently and arrogantly about kids getting raped here, their own kids were sacrificed.

PPS unrelated to above point, and needs to be fact checked:
    https://www.trtworld.com/magazine/antifa-trained-by-terrorist-pkk-in-syria-may-end-up-outlawed-in-the-us-36817
    For years there have been concerns that some Antifa members have joined the YPG, the Syrian affiliate of the PKK terror group, in Syria, where they received armed training under the watch of Obama administration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,524 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well there have been quite a few out lately being caught inciting riot and vandalizing property during the protests.

Overheal wrote: »
    Well there have been quite a few out lately being caught inciting riot and vandalizing property during the protests.

Ya I've seen that theory around alright as soon as the protestors start rioting and looting they all of a sudden become (read always have been) alt-right Nazi's who have infiltrated the peaceful protests. The No true Scotsman, handy.

Ya I've seen that theory around alright as soon as the protestors start rioting and looting they all of a sudden become (read always have been) alt-right Nazi's who have infiltrated the peaceful protests. The No true Scotsman, handy.

what would the FBI know about anything https://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-no-intelligence-antifa-weekend-violence-george-floyd-protests-2020-6?r=US&IR=T

“Theory” or proven fact?

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/boogaloo-movement-recent-violent-attacks/story?id=71295536

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

antifa shills toiling night and day

care to identify these shills to help out the mods? we wouldn't want shills on the site would we?

care to identify these shills to help out the mods? we wouldn't want shills on the site would we?
    i wouldn't dare comrade

They’re everywhere. Hiding under bushes, wearing face masks like the rest of us, some of them even have black socks. They could be you, you! Or even You!

Overheal wrote: »
    They’re everywhere. Hiding under bushes, wearing face masks like the rest of us, some of them even have black socks. They could be you, you! Or even You!
    theyre not hiding very well, in plain sight you could say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

This is and has been the most pointless thread on boards in years. The pros have set a near impossible standard to meet in relation deciding if someone is Antifa or not. I don't think that they've ever once stated that someone is actually an Antifa member. Even if the person in question said they were Antifa, had a history of posting in Antifa forums, they'd still deny it. Which means that those who are trying to convince them are nearly just as bad as them, as they'll never concede defeat.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement