Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

theyre not hiding very well, in plain sight you could say.

Literally everywhere. Trust no one! THEY don’t want you to know this :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Being socially aware/active...bad.
    Being Anti-Fascist...bad.
    being Feminist or pro Womens's issues...bad.
    Being a BLM supporter or protester....bad.

It can be dressed up anyway you like but that's the agenda being driven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Overheal wrote: »
    Literally everywhere. Trust no one! THEY don’t want you to know this :eek:

there could be one beside you now and you wouldn't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,916 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

there could be one beside you now and you wouldn't know.

Literally no way to tell. Better just to assume everyone is Antifa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Antifa, .....

straight out of the kiddie raping cover ups here. .

Antifa are a bit sensitive about that sort of thing after one of their Irish founders Pat Corcoran - also an Indymedia editor - was caught with thousands of child abuse videos on his computer.

Corcoran continued to attend AFA events after he was charged!

Then the beak decided not to jail him!

As someone once said of the leaders of the Black Panthers, "if these people did not exist the Feds would have to invent them."

Perhaps they did ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Bowie wrote: »

Thats hilarious.. I know you don't really believe that but crack on anyway

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

TomTomTim wrote: »
    This is and has been the most pointless thread on boards in years. The pros have set a near impossible standard to meet in relation deciding if someone is Antifa or not. I don't think that they've ever once stated that someone is actually an Antifa member. Even if the person in question said they were Antifa, had a history of posting in Antifa forums, they'd still deny it. Which means that those who are trying to convince them are nearly just as bad as them, as they'll never concede defeat.

Actually the bar has been set pretty low by me. No one is actually trying to provide actual evidence. It’s most just tweets from alt right people with a grudge.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Overheal wrote: »
    Literally no way to tell. Better just to assume everyone is Antifa

I smoked a marijuana cigarette and now I’m Antifa.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Bowie wrote: »

It more nuanced than that. I know it looks like the left agenda has been
    conservative - bad
    anti unlimited abortion - bad
    right - bad
    Catholicism - bad.
    But it's nuanced than that lol :-)

Ah you need a sense of humour and it's a lovely day out...
    Basically though, any movement can be hijacked, and the more "religious" the movement the more extreme the swings can be. People used to naively think religion is bad but that's merely a vehicle to be driven in some direction.
    There's a lot of righteous beatings being delivered in US now, and maybe even a righteous stabbing in Reading UK after that BLM march. People lose their moral compass in these things, and that's easy to do when they are told said moral compass is out of date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Antifa are a bit sensitive about that sort of thing after one of their Irish founders Pat Corcoran - also an Indymedia editor - was caught with thousands of child abuse videos on his computer.

Corcoran continued to attend AFA events after he was charged!

Then the beak decided not to jail him!

As someone once said of the leaders of the Black Panthers, "if these people did not exist the Feds would have to invent them."

Perhaps they did ......
    Football hooligans are the staple fringe elements used by security agencies to do domestic work. Maybe in US they have a different method.
    The soccer moms wouldn't play ball ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

Antifa currently engaging in street battles with Turkish nationalists on the streets of Vienna.
    Antifa were apparently holding a demonstration and waving Kurdish workers party flags which enraged the Turkish group known as the grey wolves, who attacked them.
    There have been violent confrontations between the two groups for two nights running.
    Anita of course got their arses kicked.

Kicked ar£es will be the least of their problems this evening :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Antifa currently engaging in street battles with Turkish nationalists on the streets of Vienna.
    Antifa were apparently holding a demonstration and waving Kurdish workers party flags which enraged the Turkish group known as the grey wolves, who attacked them.
    There have been violent confrontations between the two groups for two nights running.
    Anita of course got their arses kicked.
    A lot of bull**** in there

First it started after a joint Kurdish-Antifa demo, against violence against women, second the Grey Wolves are more than just nationalists, ultra nationalists and neo-fascists is how they are usually described.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Wolves_(organization)

https://wien.orf.at/stories/3055142/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

wannabe terrorists meeting actual terrorists ,

that should be fun :-)

mynamejeff wrote: »
    wannabe terrorists meeting actual terrorists ,

that should be fun :-)

Only on boards would a demo protesting the murder of women being driven off the streets by fascists be described as fun, with a smile no less

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Clarence Boddiker

A lot of bull**** in there

First it started after a joint Kurdish-Antifa demo, against violence against women, second the Grey Wolves are more than just nationalists, ultra nationalists and neo-fascists is how they are usually described.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Wolves_(organization)

https://wien.orf.at/stories/3055142/

I admit I'm unfamiliar with the Grey Wolves. I find it interesting though that an ostensibly pro migrant outfit with sympathies for Muslims are engaged in pitched battles with Muslim groups.

I admit I'm unfamiliar with the Grey Wolves. I find it interesting though that an ostensibly pro migrant outfit with sympathies for Muslims are engaged in pitched battles with Muslim groups.

I can get that it might seem strange alright if you are unfamiliar with the Grey Wolves or the Turkish- Kurdish conflict.

People happy that Antifa are peacefully protesting and get attacked by hard right ultra nationalists. Disgusting

they/them/theirs

Only on boards would a demo protesting the murder of women being driven off the streets by fascists be described as fun, with a smile no less

This is what happens when you create an us v them mentality. The enemy of enemy is my friend nonsense. Antifa are always wrong, even when they're clearly on the right side of this event

they/them/theirs

They were protesting with Muslims, when attacked by Muslims. Maybe the religion of anyone involved is completely irrelevant?

It would take a 30s Google to learn this stuff, instead everyone has a laugh at Antifa being attacked.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    They were protesting with Muslims, when attacked by Muslims. Maybe the religion of anyone involved is completely irrelevant?

It would take a 30s Google to learn this stuff, instead everyone has a laugh at Antifa being attacked.

well it is always nice to see a bully get a slap :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭stinkypinky

People happy that Antifa are peacefully protesting and get attacked by hard right ultra nationalists. Disgusting

Those hard right ultra nationalists attacked and beat a Democratic state Senator the other night. Oh wait..

Maybe they thought that the Grey Wolves were made up of old people like the ones they beat up in the States?

Not "tasty geezers"?

well it is always nice to see a bully get a slap :-)

So do you think the people protesting violence against women were bullies? Or the neo fascist ultra nationalists were bullies?

they/them/theirs

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Maybe they thought that the Grey Wolves were made up of old people like the ones they beat up in the States?

Not "tasty geezers"?

You’re happy that peaceful protestors were attacked by a group of far right neo fascists. You need to have a pretty skewed view of the world to be happy about that.

they/them/theirs

So do you think the people protesting violence against women were bullies? Or the neo fascist ultra nationalists were bullies?

I think they are both nasty bullying self important little scumbags , your mates in Antifa are just smaller weaker and more cowardly bully's in this case and yes Im happy that they got a slap

clear enough for you che ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I think they are both nasty bullying self important little scumbags , your mates in Antifa are just smaller weaker and more cowardly bully's in this case and yes Im happy that they got a slap

Antifa are just a posh suburb version of skin heads.

You’re happy people you disagree with got beaten up. That’s pretty clear alright.

Most of the criticism of Antifa is about them being violent, now they’re the victims of violence everyone is happy. So maybe the violence wasn’t the issue all along.

they/them/theirs

I thought they didn't exist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,512 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Danzy wrote: »
    Antifa are just a posh suburb version of skin heads.

skinheads are antifascist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement