Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

I think the push to activism is half the problem..A lot of people are too stupid to engage in politics..

I agree with you here. Academia is dominated by the left, and they are churning out 'activists' from these 'grievance studies' courses.

Peter Boghossian of Portland State University is coming under attack from his fellow professors because he reveals ideology and poor scholarship abound in academic fields(through his hoax papers) that they characterize as “grievance studies”.

https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/people/hoax-papers-the-shoddy-absurd-and-unethical-side-of-academia-1.3655500

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

20Cent wrote: »
    Probably think Ben Shapiro is an intellectual as well.

Makes more sense than seeing him as a Nazi.

Makes more sense than seeing him as a Nazi.

No, I have it on good accord from left-wing media, Shapiro is indeed a Jewish Neo-Nazi :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Everyone freaking out about these antifa pussbags lol

Seriously, i could pick 10 to 20 teenage boys from a block of flats in inner city dublin who would easily kick the living daylights out of 40 to 50 antifa....

They're about a hard as a sponge ffs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

italodisco wrote: »

Seriously, i could pick 10 to 20 teenage boys from a block of flats in inner city dublin who would easily kick the living daylights out of 40 to 50 antifa....

Antifa are rich kids on a power trip.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

italodisco wrote: »

You would probably get the job done with 5 or 6. After the first few got dropped the rest would flee back to their parents basements.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The real threat from Antifa is Daddy's Lawyer and their well heeled friends making it awkward for those who do not fall in line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

To be fair....

Condemning violence is one thing, calling people fascist for being violent towards fascists is a bit of an oxymoron.

I think though in this case we are talking about a masked group of white vigilantes who beat the crap out of a gay journalist who was also person of colour. To the extent that he got a brain hemorrhage.

Fascist might be a useful enough nomenclature.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

“There are hundreds of peaceful free speech events in the city in a given year that do not result in violence,” Assistant Chief Chris Davis said in a statement.

Puts paid to the claim antifa attack anyone who thinks differently.

I think though in this case we are talking about a masked group of white vigilantes who beat the crap out of a gay journalist who was also person of colour. To the extent that he got a brain hemorrhage.

Fascist might be a useful enough nomenclature.

Worlds fastest recovery from a brain hemmorage. Out of hospital in a few hours. It's a miracle.

Amazed no one was turned into a statue by the concrete milkshakes as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Uncivil posts have been removed. Remember to play the ball, not the man.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

_blaaz wrote: »
    Im.failing to see whats unreasonable...ive never said they arent good...just they cant call emselves journalists as not qualified??,fail to see how this is unreasonable?

Despite the E. W. Scripps School of Journalism in Ohio University awarding Cronkite the Carr Van Anda Award "for enduring contributions to journalism." in 1968
    Arizona State University also named their journalism school after him.

I'd rather take their view on the matter on board rather than your own victorian view.

markodaly wrote: »
    Despite the E. W. Scripps School of Journalism in Ohio University awarding Cronkite the Carr Van Anda Award "for enduring contributions to journalism." in 1968
    Arizona State University also named their journalism school after him.

I'd rather take their view on the matter on board rather than your own victorian view.

The question regarding should Ngo be called a journalist isn't to do with qualifications but his output. It downplays right wing violence, sexual assault etc and exagerates left wing violence. He is also embedded with some very nasty characters passing on people's details to them. More like PR for the far right than journalism.

20Cent wrote:
    The question regarding should Ngo be called a journalist isn't to do with qualifications but his output. It downplays right wing violence, sexual assault etc and exagerates left wing violence. He is also embedded with some very nasty characters passing on people's details to them. More like PR for the far right than journalism.

In your opinion. Thankfully, your opinion is not how things are judged.

If you don't like his writing, don't read his works. Quite simple.

And for what it's worth you downplay left wing violence. You praise some very nasty characters. You exaggerate right wing antics. Glass houses etc.

In your opinion. Thankfully, your opinion is not how things are judged.

If you don't like his writing, don't read his works. Quite simple.

And for what it's worth you downplay left wing violence. You praise some very nasty characters. You exaggerate right wing antics. Glass houses etc.

Hard to exaggerate 50 murders.
    Antifa boxed a few people.
    No comparison.

20Cent wrote:
    Hard to exaggerate 50 murders. Antifa boxed a few people. . No comparison.

Attack the post.... Not the poster... Ok.

That post is ****ing stupid.

People try and define the word to suit their argument.

1) Ngo works for the Quillette
    2) He has had his writings published in various outlets like the Wall Sreet Journal, New York Post and National Review.
    3) He makes his living out of the job

You may disagree with him, his views and his slant on things. Fine, that is your opinion and your right.

What you cannot do is try and change the meaning of the English language to troll and make some nonessential benign point, as if him being attacked was a result of his provocation (i.e his fault).

The Real IRA killed Lyra McKee because she was standing next to 'Crown Security Forces' and they were exercising self-defense, in their eyes.
    If you excuse violence perpetrated against Ngo, you also excuse the murder of McKee.

Anyone got a clue what the point of this post is?

Going back to this, you expressly condoned the attack on Ngo, as it may have 'saved lives'.
    I guess the same can be said of Lyra McKee's murder.

The Real IRA killed Lyra McKee because she was standing next to 'Crown Security Forces' and they were exercising self-defense, in their eyes.
    If you excuse violence perpetrated against Ngo, you also excuse the murder of McKee.

That's by far the most disingenuous, bad faith and Olympic level gymnastics take in this whole thread.

That's saying something.

That's by far the most disingenuous, bad faith and Olympic level gymnastics take in this whole thread.

That's saying something.

All I am doing is holding up a mirror to you 20Cent. You get your kicks out of winding people up with your one or two line posts.

Yet when confronted with the truth of what you are doing, condoning the perpetuation of violence against journalists, and I present you the example of Lyra McKee you get all 'woe me' and defensive.

So, yes, you do condone the murder of Lyra McKee as you condone the assault on Andy Ngo.

To clear this up, you can right now, express your revulsion of this assault on Ngo and any journalist for that matter...

• Advertisement

You support the violence against Ngo, don't you?

All I am doing is holding up a mirror to you 20Cent. You get your kicks out of winding people up with your one or two line posts.

Yet when confronted with the truth of what you are doing, condoning the perpetuation of violence against journalists, and I present you the example of Lyra McKee you get all 'woe me' and defensive.

So, yes, you do condone the murder of Lyra McKee as you condone the assault on Andy Ngo.

To clear this up, you can right now, express your revulsion of this assault on Ngo and any journalist for that matter...

The attempt to make such a false equivalence is desperate.

Answer the question.

Answer the question.

What question?

Haven't seen u denouncing ISIS yet why haven't you are you a supporter.

See

Ridiculous

Odhinn wrote: »
    Tone says a lot. For somebody who claims to disavow violence you take rather a long longing look at the antifa being beaten by members of two notoriously violent groups. You might pull the other one.

Indeed it might. You hold Anti-Semitic views (according to IHRA) and are on record with having no problem with Jews being killed in front of their children, in their own homes.

Yet, here you are going on about 'tone'.

The attempt to make such a false equivalence is desperate.

Not at all, you supported and condoned violence against a journalist.
    Lyra McKee was a journalist, and now she is dead, murdered by people who you support.

the idea that what matters here is the journalistic credentials of the fella attacked is ridiculous

if you want to make it about that, guess what

youre the problem too

What question?

Haven't seen u denouncing ISIS yet why haven't you are you a supporter.

See

Ridiculous

Eh, idiotic analogy given that I have never suggested that anyone attacked by ISIS actually deserved it, whereas you are constantly implying Ngo did.... multiple times in this thread in fact (often going as far as to lie about things he has done in your efforts).

So, do you condemn the attack on him or not? Simple question.

I fear 20Cent is only expressing the views of a vocal liberal population(cough twitter) that use circular arguments to reason why attacking Ngo was ok,
    I mean there were even mainstream media journalists not denouncing Antifa over this.

While falling outside the structure of belief of this 'in-group' often leads to excommunication, dogmatically espousing the party line earns virtue points. The ends justify the means, when it suits, questions are arguments, arguments are hateful words, hateful words are violence, and milk-shakes and violence are ok.

• Advertisement

Well I suppose if one can't make a coherent argument they will just make stuff up. I blame Fox news myself for dumbing down discourse it's gotten even worse since.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement