Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Would make sense. First step government should make is to identify individuals and cut any government assistance or welfare that they might be receiving. Check gun licences and raid individuals homes. Find excuses to remove their children from them. Basically push them over the edge or mentally break them.

Domestic terrorism charges would be effective

Do you advocate for the same punishment for militias with predominantly white members, like the 3%ers?

How about the white protesters that have arrived to fight the 'tyranny' of masks carrying guns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Do you advocate for the same punishment for militias with predominantly white members, like the 3%ers?

How about the white protesters that have arrived to fight the 'tyranny' of masks carrying guns?

Yes.

Yes.

At least you are consistent with your lack of understanding of US law.

At least you are consistent with your lack of understanding of US law.

I'm always consistent.

I'm always consistent.

Will I find similar posts from you in threads talking about those mostly white protests?

• Advertisement

I can't say I'm surprised by all the pearl clutching about green lasers here, there is no end to the boot licking.

The federal government themselves are using similar lasers along with much more serious weapons in a completely indiscriminate fashion.

They complain about protesters carrying shields or their officers getting gashed shins or 'eye damage' while dishing out this kind of damage

https://twitter.com/Amy_Siskind/status/1287614684418408448?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 17,071 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I can't say I'm surprised by all the pearl clutching about green lasers here, there is no end to the boot licking.

The federal government themselves are using similar lasers along with much more serious weapons in a completely indiscriminate fashion.

They complain about protesters carrying shields or their officers getting gashed shins or 'eye damage' while dishing out this kind of damage

Mother of 3 out in a protest that was guaranteed to get violent.
    Lucky kids.

Glazers Out!

Will I find similar posts from you in threads talking about those mostly white protests?

Antifa are mostly white so you would find all sorts. BLM, Antifa, Liverpool, stocks and shares, favourite underpants, general gardening and many more.
    It's all there for you to peel like an orange to get to the juicy truth

Should have worn her goggles. Not on your head love. They aren't an ornament

nullzero wrote: »
    Lucky kids.

Unsurprising victim blaming.

Would you be as quick to say that about the victims of Bloody Sunday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Lucky kids.

She probably had her kids with her.

Antifa are mostly white so you would find all sorts. BLM, Antifa, Liverpool, stocks and shares, favourite underpants, general gardening and many more.
    It's all there for you to peel like an orange to get to the juicy truth

So that is a no then...

You're only faux outraged when people you don't agree with take certain actions

So that is a no then...

You're only faux outraged when people you don't agree with take certain actions

Isn't that what boards is all about? Faux outrage over the other guys different opinion.

Twitter would be empty without faux outrage over the other guys opinion

Isn't that what boards is all about? Faux outrage over the other guys different opinion.

Twitter would be empty without faux outrage over the other guys opinion

You're the one that claimed to be 'consistent'.

You let your faux outrage flow when black or left leaning people do something but keep nice and quiet when right wing or government organizations do the exact same things.

You're the one that claimed to be 'consistent'.

You let your faux outrage flow when black or left leaning people do something but keep nice and quiet when right wing or government organizations do the exact same things.

You asked me did I think white militia or anti mask protesters should be treated the same. I said yes.
    I am consistent.

It's all written above

°°°°°

Unsurprising pearl clutching from you honey bun.

Drawing comparisons between this situation and Bloody Sunday is a false equivalence of epic proportions.

What the hell is the mother of three children doing at a protest that she knew well was going to turn violent?
    I have kids, I don't put myself in dangerous situations because of my responsibility to them.
    I'm very sorry she was so badly injured, but what the hell was she doing there to begin with?

The hypocrisy you displayed at getting so upset about what I said in light of your comments about pearl clutching relating to laser pointers is very much noted by the way.

Glazers Out!

°°°°°

faux outraged when people you don't agree with take certain actions

Pretty much an bang on accurate description of a lot of people on either side of this argument, yourself included tbf.

Glazers Out!

Pretty much an bang on accurate description of a lot of people on either side of this argument, yourself included tbf.

Of course it is . Sure that's how it works. Social media and the internet in general has given everyone an outlet for their opinion. And there are some ridiculous ones out there.

I can't turn around in this site and call someone an idiot even though they clearly are. I will get punished. And this allows the idiot to continue to spread their opinion. Benefits nobody.

(Not aimed at any poster in particular)

Nullzero please delete a few messages in your inbox. Its giving me an error saying its full.

Unsurprising pearl clutching from you honey bun.

Drawing comparisons between this situation and Bloody Sunday is a false equivalence of epic proportions.

Only by the fact Bloody Sunday protest was a banned event so the people that went along knew they were breaking the law in advance of attending.

This injured woman in Portland had more of a legal right to attend than those that died on Bloody Sunday.
    What the hell is the mother of three children doing at a protest that she knew well was going to turn violent?
    I have kids, I don't put myself in dangerous situations because of my responsibility to them.
    I'm very sorry she was so badly injured, but what the hell was she doing there to begin with?

The hypocrisy you displayed at getting so upset about what I said in light of your comments about pearl clutching relating to laser pointers is very much noted by the way.

The only hypocrisy is worrying about the 'poor storm troopers' that have a tiny chance of damaged eyesight, while then slighting a woman who was actually seriously injured.

We've seen video after video of both federal and police officers incorrectly using non-lethal weapons in a way which makes them very lethal.

Rather than asking why was this woman there at a legal protest, a better question is why did the unknown federal officer see the need to shoot her in the head?

• Advertisement

Only by the fact Bloody Sunday protest was a banned event so the people that went along knew they were breaking the law in advance of attending.

This injured woman in Portland had more of a legal right to attend than those that died on Bloody Sunday.

The only hypocrisy is worrying about the 'poor storm troopers' that have a tiny chance of damaged eyesight, while then slighting a woman who was actually seriously injured.

We've seen video after video of both federal and police officers incorrectly using non-lethal weapons in a way which makes them very lethal.

Rather than asking why was this woman there at a legal protest, a better question is why did the unknown federal officer see the need to shoot her in the head?

You mean a riot. During a riot the authorities must regain control.
    She knowingly entered a volatile situation and took a hit of a rubber bullet. Next time she should wear a face guard.
    End of

°°°°°

Sorry, but all your points can be rebuffed by the question I asked originally.

All these issues surrounding law enforcement at these events is common knowledge.

As a parent your number one responsibility is to your children. When you put yourself in a position where you could be severely injured you jeopardise your children.
    The woman, if she had any sense, would have stayed away from that event, this doesn't excuse what happened to her, but it is clear that she didn't have to be there In the first place.

As for the comparisons with Bloody Sunday, you are way off the mark when you compare the two, not only are you making a false equivalence, you then move from citing Bloody Sunday as a reference point to suggesting the people attending the demonstration on Bloody Sunday shouldn't have been there in the first place.

14 people died on Bloody Sunday, so obviously that's the same as some irresponsible mother getting shot with a non lethal round at a march attended by other entitled clowns.

Glazers Out!

Open for you to point it out where I've done that. I actually try to follow through on my 'consistency'.

I don't think either side should be using any form of weapons on each other, lasers or anything else. If a protester left a federal employee with the same damage that woman, along with many others, have been left with then I'd respond the same way. We have actual evidence of these government employees doing serious damage to protesters, what we've seen from the other side was a scratch and unverified eye damage.

I'm also against all militias but I've accepted they are part of US life. They aren't ideal but despite some wanting to hide under the bed due to black militias, the evidence is that white far right groups are much more dangerous.

For both the dangers from one are mostly imagined, while the other side there is hard evidence.

°°°°°

Open for you to point it out where I've done that. I actually try to follow through on my 'consistency'.

You accused others of "pearl clutching" in relation to the laser pointer argument and then started clutching your own pearls when I commented on that woman, straight out with the "victim blaming" nonsense.

Clearly you aren't trying too hard to follow through on your consistency.

Glazers Out!

You accused others of "pearl clutching" in relation to the laser pointer argument and then started clutching your own pearls when I commented on that woman, straight out with the "victim blaming" nonsense.

Still no joy. Keeps saying inbox full. Never mind

°°°°°

Still no joy. Keeps saying inbox full. Never mind

They don't want us plotting obviously, ha ha.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

A disgraceful comparison and surely only meant as a slight to the dead of Bloody Sunday.

Sorry, but all your points can be rebuffed by the question I asked originally.

All these issues surrounding law enforcement at these events is common knowledge.

As a parent your number one responsibility is to your children. When you put yourself in a position where you could be severely injured you jeopardise your children.
    The woman, if she had any sense, would have stayed away from that event, this doesn't excuse what happened to her, but it is clear that she didn't have to be there In the first place.

As for the comparisons with Bloody Sunday, you are way off the mark when you compare the two, not only are you making a false equivalence, you then move from citing Bloody Sunday as a reference point to suggesting the people attending the demonstration on Bloody Sunday shouldn't have been there in the first place.

14 people died on Bloody Sunday, so obviously that's the same as some irresponsible mother getting shot with a non lethal round at a march attended by other entitled clowns.

You obviously don't know your history and this is likely why you don't see how close Portland/broader US mirrors our history.

All parades in NI were banned at the time of Bloody Sunday. Only a week before in the same areas there was another protest march that turned violent, seeing British forces using excessive force to put down minor acts of violence from protesters when they weren't allowed take protest route they wanted. All sides knew there was a likelihood, if not a guarantee, that there would be similar violence on Bloody Sunday.

Thankfully, so far there hasn't been a massacre like Bloody Sunday but there has been daily acts of excessive force by US forces that has lead to serious injuries to protesters. You and many here are cheerleaders for US forces coming down hard on protesters for not following commands, but just remember you're cheering for similar actions by British forces in the north, beating or firing rubber bullets at large crowds due to a stone or two being thrown at police wearing full body armour. Just know which side you're on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

You obviously don't know your history and this is likely why you don't see how close Portland/broader US mirrors our history.

All parades in NI were banned at the time of Bloody Sunday. Only a week before in the same areas there was another protest march that turned violent, seeing British forces using excessive force to put down minor acts of violence from protesters when they weren't allowed take protest route they wanted. All sides knew there was a likelihood, if not a guarantee, that there would be similar violence on Bloody Sunday.

Thankfully, so far there hasn't been a massacre like Bloody Sunday but there has been daily acts of excessive force by US forces that has lead to serious injuries to protesters. You and many here are cheerleaders for US forces coming down hard on protesters for not following commands, but just remember you're cheering for similar actions by British forces in the north, beating or firing rubber bullets at large crowds due to a stone or two being thrown at police wearing full body armour. Just know which side you're on.

Just stop.

• Advertisement

An imagined eye injuries that you're as likely to get at a local disco vs an actual serious head injury... :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement