Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

SexBobomb wrote: »
    A "no-go area" (or "no-go zone") is an area in a town barricaded off to civil authorities by a force such as a paramilitary, or an area barred to certain individuals or groups.

But you knew that..

Those areas in London are not barricaded off by paramilitaries or barred to certain individual or groups.
    Seanachai wrote: »
    It's not abandoned, but there has been a flight of the old established working class from those areas, my own relatives got out of London and Birmingham, despite having a lot of friends there and still having a lot of affection for the places. I can handle myself and if I was there I'd be looking for a way out, if I had children, especially daughters, I'd be racked with worry for them.

I can't afford to get out of the city at the moment, as soon as I can I'm gone because they're just going to degenerate more and more, except for the leafy suburbs of course.

Your parents chose to move, no-one forced them to.

Which city are you on about where you are frightened by "degeneracy"?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

klaaaz wrote: »
    Those areas in London are not barricaded off by paramilitaries or barred to certain individual or groups.

I didn't say they were, you didn't know what a No-go zone was so I let you know. You thought they were abandoned zones like Chernobyl

I didn't say they were, you didn't know what a No-go zone was so I let you know. You thought they were abandoned zones like Chernobyl

So they are go places not no-go places, no-go means no-one can enter a place like Chernobyl.

So they are go places not no-go places, no-go means no-one can enter a place like Chernobyl.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/no-go-area

no-go area
    Word forms: plural no-go areas

1. countable noun
    If you refer to a place as a no-go area, you mean that it has a reputation for violence and crime which makes people frightened to go there.
    [mainly British]
    The subway's reputation for violence makes it a no-go area for many natives of the city.

2. countable noun
    A no-go area is a place which is controlled by a group of people who use force to prevent other people from entering it.
    [mainly British]
    The area of the President's residence is a no-go area after six p.m.
    The security forces entered the group's no-go areas.

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/no-go-area

no-go area
    Word forms: plural no-go areas

1. countable noun
    If you refer to a place as a no-go area, you mean that it has a reputation for violence and crime which makes people frightened to go there.
    [mainly British]
    The subway's reputation for violence makes it a no-go area for many natives of the city.

2. countable noun
    A no-go area is a place which is controlled by a group of people who use force to prevent other people from entering it.
    [mainly British]
    The area of the President's residence is a no-go area after six p.m.
    The security forces entered the group's no-go areas.

Tower hamlets, newham and parts of hackney are not the subway, no-one lives in the subway.
    People live in those areas hence it's a go area, no-one is prevented from entering it.

• Advertisement

Tower hamlets, newham and parts of hackney are not the subway, no-one lives in the subway.
    People live in those areas hence it's a go area, no-one is prevented from entering it.

That sentence is an example sentence from an online dictionary page using the word no-go zones.
    You keep saying that a no-go zone is only for places like Chernobyl, thats not true as I have shown by providing the definition of the word, it is also used for a place "... that has a reputation for violence and crime which makes people frightened to go there."

Of course people live in No-Go zones, how cant you grasp this? its a no-go zone for certain people or groups like the police for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Well the what would you rather call them “areas where archaic islamic laws are followed and tolerated and white people are unwelcome, indimidated and strongly encouraged to leave”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Apparently Blanchardstown is a no-go zone under sharia law these days.

https://twitter.com/oceanclub/status/1147066329842823170

GRmKiBe.jpg

Liars like that count on their audience not knowing anything about the areas they describe - it's the same kind of crap you read about parts of Sweden/Germany/London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

B0jangles wrote: »

GRmKiBe.jpg

Liars like that count on their audience not knowing anything about the areas they describe - it's the same kind of crap you read about parts of Sweden/Germany/London.

If you put your glasses on you might be able to read the tweet better,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Your parents chose to move, no-one forced them to.

Which city are you on about where you are frightened by "degeneracy"?

I'm Irish born, as are my parents. Just because an area isn't under the control of some sort of a militia, does not mean that it can't be inhospitable to live there. Do you have any experience of living in a rough area and how uncomfortable it can be?

Have you never felt that you have no choice but to leave a job, area, relationship etc? Just because nobody is forcing you, does not mean there aren't valid reasons to go. I don't blame anybody for wanting to leave somewhere that's utterly gone down the tubes, take Shepherds Bush, The Wormholt in London, people from different backgrounds lived in relative harmony, that's gone now thanks to 'enrichment'. Sadiq Khan is a disgrace and 'New Labour' should be tried for treason.

In Dublin, Tyrrelstown and Balbriggan are degenerating, this is only the beginning of what's coming though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Tower hamlets, newham and parts of hackney

They aren’t no go areas. They are dodgy areas.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

20Cent wrote: »
    And people say the propaganda doesn't work.
    Prime example of the ignorance these people are spreading here.

Pot Meet Kettle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Brian? wrote: »

If there are areas that Police, EMTs can't go into without Military backup, its a no go zone.

We're already have them no since Tescos and EMTs can't go into certain areas without being robbed and assaulted.

Well the what would you rather call them “areas where archaic islamic laws are followed and tolerated and white people are unwelcome, indimidated and strongly encouraged to leave”

People of all races and faiths and no faiths live there. Including poor people that you despise.

Note it says Mall, such an American term to use for a Irish shopping centre.
    I'm Irish born, as are my parents. Just because an area isn't under the control of some sort of a militia, does not mean that it can't be inhospitable to live there. Do you have any experience of living in a rough area and how uncomfortable it can be?

Have you never felt that you have no choice but to leave a job, area, relationship etc? Just because nobody is forcing you, does not mean there aren't valid reasons to go. I don't blame anybody for wanting to leave somewhere that's utterly gone down the tubes, take Shepherds Bush, The Wormholt in London, people from different backgrounds lived in relative harmony, that's gone now thanks to 'enrichment'. Sadiq Khan is a disgrace and 'New Labour' should be tried for treason.

In Dublin, Tyrrelstown and Balbriggan are degenerating, this is only the beginning of what's coming though.

Oh I do, I grew up in a rough area of Dublin where the right wing governments lead by the likes of FG hated the poor. Those areas you mention have people living in them, they are not ghost areas or no go areas. What is enrichment?

How is Tyrrelstown and Balbriggan degenerating and what is coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

I am well aware of all this. Antifa and Tea Party are not comparable on one hand but if both met at a gathering, there'd be hell to pay. The intolerant far left v the intolerant far right.

The "Tea party" are financial conservatives who rose in reaction to the bank bailouts and excesses of Federal government (i.e. Washington). They are not in any way connected with street violence like the ANTIFA thugs and have as far as I can determine are generally law abiding and don;t resort to intimidation, they also are an older age group and on a street protest would likely withdraw rather than get involved with street violence. Your characterisation of the Tea party and separately Christian groups in the United States is from an alternative reality.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

People of all races and faiths and no faiths live there. Including poor people that you despise.

Note it says Mall, such an American term to use for a Irish shopping centre.

Oh I do, I grew up in a rough area of Dublin where the right wing governments lead by the likes of FG hated the poor. Those areas you mention have people living in them, they are not ghost areas or no go areas. What is enrichment?

How is Tyrrelstown and Balbriggan degenerating and what is coming?
    Pretending nothing is wrong in areas like Tyrrelstown is exactly what is driving working class people towards right wing ideas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Same difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Paul Joseph Watson tweeted a video of someone being mugged at knifepoint yesterday saying London has fallen and blaming the mayor (a muslim). The video was actually from South Africa but it didn't matter to him.
    Many other grifters say similar including Katie Hopkins. They say there are no go zones, that muslims are invading and want to turn the UK Muslim. They say parts of it already are.
    They are building up a frenzy of hatred and when someone drives a car into a crowd outside a Mosque or kills a politician their influence needs to be examined.

To avoid being attacked by antifa simply don't March with far right groups. To avoid being attacked by the far right is more difficult.

Jump onto "London 999 feed" on twitter and see for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

GRmKiBe.jpg

This is PRECISELY the type of drivel deliberately designed to stir up trouble and get the far right and far left in pole position. Anything from the organisations styling themselves as MAGA or Tea Party Patriots should be taken with a grain of salt and all RESPONSIBLE American political and media organisations should 100% distance themselves from these scammers.

The "Tea party" are financial conservatives who rose in reaction to the bank bailouts and excesses of Federal government (i.e. Washington). They are not in any way connected with street violence like the ANTIFA thugs and have as far as I can determine are generally law abiding and don;t resort to intimidation, they also are an older age group and on a street protest would likely withdraw rather than get involved with street violence. Your characterisation of the Tea party and separately Christian groups in the United States is from an alternative reality.

The Tea Party started out that way but one cannot condone their rallies where much like Ian Paisley and the political wings of Provos did in Northern Ireland they preached hatred and intolerance when the likes of Ted Cruz and co hijacked it. Antifa's political speechmakers likewise inspire others to commit violent acts and extreme Tea Party rallies and Occupy rallies did much the same. If the Tea Party kept the focus on the financial/banking issues and avoided the anti-Iran, pro-war drivel, they'd be better.

There is no alternative reality here. I watch The Handmaid's Tale but do not remember a guy sending mailbombs to a former moderate American president in it. Either do I remember the shooting of a Congresswoman in it (I remember Serena Joy getting shot in it). Far right American violence is real and we need to acknowledge it. I have no problem admitting the reality of far left anarchist violence like Antifa's deplorable acts in London in June and condemning it. I have no problem condemning the scourge of Islamic extremist terrorism. Likewise, I have no problem with condemning the rhetoric of the post-8th April 2018 American government and the acts of far right/Christist terrorism it inspires. All of this is wrong and when people have to bully, insult, act the thug, vandalise and indeed kill because of their views, something is radically wrong. Simple as.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

. . . .
    There is no alternative reality here. I watch The Handmaid's Tale . . . . .

You are confusing dystopian fiction with reality. Here is what took the "Tea party" Republicans down. Nothing to do with Ted Cruz who tried unsuccessfully to tap into this during his presidential run.

Tea Party Republicans want to fire John Boehner
    But on a deeper level, Boehner has long been the last sentry for the party, using charm, strategic superiority, and his control over House rules to prevent the Tea Party wing from crashing through the gates of the establishment and putting Washington on total legislative lockdown. That has made Boehner the immediate proxy for the war grassroots conservatives are waging against the GOP's Washington insiders, and his enemies are emboldened by Donald Trump's ability to galvanize an anti-establishment fervor that shows no signs of subsiding.

source

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

You are confusing dystopian fiction with reality. Here is what took the "Tea party" Republicans down. Nothing to do with Ted Cruz who tried unsuccessfully to tap into this during his presidential run.

Tea Party Republicans want to fire John Boehner

Call it 'Tea Party' or whatever, these derivative online groups styling themselves MAGA and so on as described in Post #1074 and the post this was a reply to spreading misinformation is what I am talking about. As with most causes (Yellow Vest is another recent example), the Tea Party started off I well know as a far different thing but morphed into different mostly negative forces that the early organisation actually distanced itself from. Pro-war anti-Iranism is not fiscally responsible afterall.

Same difference.

It absolutely is not. I grew up in a very dodgy area, full of Irish people. Absolutely no one calls it a “no go area”.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It absolutely is not. I grew up in a very dodgy area, full of Irish people. Absolutely no one calls it a “no go area”.

Moyross, labre park, parts of jobstown etc.. have absolutely been referred to as no go areas by the media here in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Moyross, labre park, parts of jobstown etc.. have absolutely been referred to as no go areas by the media here in the past.

If the Google Street View won't go into it, it's pretty much a no-go area.

JohnMc1 wrote:
    Pot Meet Kettle.

Thank god you didn't say black. Otherwise you would be called a racist by some posters on here. They are pots of colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Gotta laugh at all the Americans saying Europe "has fallen" and they won't visit because they are scared . Usually MagaHeads who get their news from Alex Jones.
    Mass shootings there every week.

Any places in Ireland that are deemed no go areas have nothing to do with Islam as some of these self styled MAGA and Tea Party 'Patriots' websites try to say. The problems why places are dangerous in Ireland is due to volatile youths high on drugs. None of these youths are religious and mostly are overwhelmingly from an ethnic Irish Catholic background. Though they are not practicing Catholics of course!

Have they? I have never heard that, I lived very close to Jobstown and it was very far from a “no go” area for the Gardaí

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Gotta laugh at all the Americans saying Europe "has fallen" and they won't visit because they are scared . Usually MagaHeads who get their news from Alex Jones.
    Mass shootings there every week.

There is a lot of misinformation being peddles. Sites like this:

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/

These are not even the real Tea Party I am aware too but are a hijacking of a movement by evil opportunists mad to spout their negative agendas. If America continues to be governed by politics and a media happy to spread misinformation, it will not last too long. Someone needs to come along and shut down the 9th April 2018 regime before its toxic poison spreads and consolidates as the American norm. 9/11 was a gift to all far right and far left misinformation peddlers.

Of course, groups like TeaPartyPatriots have the positive propaganda on their first pages. But buried beneath, you find the REAL agenda:

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/tag/iran/

This organisation care more about oppressing a Bantu/Arab country in Central Africa called Iran more than they care about protecting America. They then are shown a map of Africa and for some reason, cannot see Iran anywhere!!!

Notice too that DONATE is easiest to find link on such websites as above. Highlighted in red in this case. Says it all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement