Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Brian? wrote: »
    Have they? I have never heard that, I lived very close to Jobstown and it was very far from a “no go” area for the Gardaí

ditto moyross , i mean its a ****e hole but hardly a no go area

and genuinely no offence brian but jobstown is the same last i was there , parts of it anyway

as for labre park .......

there is no reason in the world that i can think for anyone wanting to go there in the first place , so in that sense you could call it a no go area

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

mynamejeff wrote: »

and genuinely no offence brian but jobstown is the same last i was there , parts of it anyway

there is no reason in the world that i can think for anyone wanting to go there in the first place , so in that sense you could call it a no go area

I don’t want to go there either. :)

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

20Cent wrote: »
    Gotta laugh at all the Americans saying Europe "has fallen" and they won't visit because they are scared . Usually MagaHeads who get their news from Alex Jones.
    Mass shootings there every week.
    Nah... We just prefer not to go to places where the high and mighty treat us with disrespect, yet rely on our generosity.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

There is a lot of misinformation being peddles. Sites like this:

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/

These are not even the real Tea Party I am aware too but are a hijacking of a movement by evil opportunists mad to spout their negative agendas. If America continues to be governed by politics and a media happy to spread misinformation, it will not last too long. Someone needs to come along and shut down the 9th April 2018 regime before its toxic poison spreads and consolidates as the American norm. 9/11 was a gift to all far right and far left misinformation peddlers.

Of course, groups like TeaPartyPatriots have the positive propaganda on their first pages. But buried beneath, you find the REAL agenda:

https://www.teapartypatriots.org/tag/iran/

This organisation care more about oppressing a Bantu/Arab country in Central Africa called Iran more than they care about protecting America. They then are shown a map of Africa and for some reason, cannot see Iran anywhere!!!

Notice too that DONATE is easiest to find link on such websites as above. Highlighted in red in this case. Says it all.

A lot of money to be made grifting the far right.
    Most gullible group ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

A lot of money to be made grifting the far right.
    Most gullible group ever.

Yes, and you notice how a lot of originally legit causes become hijacked by the far right, the far left, extreme social justice warriors and so on. This is why we have groups ranging from MAGA to ANTIFA to PEGIDA.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Gotta laugh at all the Americans saying Europe "has fallen" and they won't visit because they are scared . Usually MagaHeads who get their news from Alex Jones.
    Mass shootings there every week.

Check this out

Take a look at London 999 Feed (@999London): https://twitter.com/999London?s=09

Violent Crime reports as they happen

London is a warzone. Daily stabbings and regular shootings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Check this out

Violent Crime reports as they happen

London is a warzone. Daily stabbings and regular shootings.

No, London is not a warzone. It's 8 million plus people which the vast majority are safe on a daily basis. I have been there many times, could walk wherever I wanted to, hopped on the tube and never felt threatened once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Kimsang

Yes, and you notice how a lot of originally legit causes become hijacked by the far right, the far left, extreme social justice warriors and so on.

What legitimate causes on the left have been hijacked?

I believe mostly it is when the 'far-right' hijack a topic, it becomes untouchable and people lose favour with it.(guilt by association)

Take for example freedom of speech, it has become synonymous with the 'far-right', when throughout the last century it was clearly something the left prided itself on. The way many on the left now speak about freedom of speech feels depressing to those of us who consider ourselves of the left and who love liberty. Yet we are called far-right. The left’s embrace of censorship is the great political tragedy of our time.
    • Whether it was agitating against McCarthyite censorship of communist ideas
    • Or setting up the Free Speech Movement at Berkeley in the early 1960s
    • or arguing against the idea that ‘video nasties’ warped minds and therefore should be banned

I think its just as disgusting that the 'fight' for freedom of speech has been left to the likes of Milo,Tommy,Gavin etc..
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"-Evelyn Beatrice Hall(Friends of Voltaire)

klaaaz wrote: »
    No, London is not a warzone. It's 8 million plus people which the vast majority are safe on a daily basis. I have been there many times, could walk wherever I wanted to, hopped on the tube and never felt threatened once.

Crime is out of control. Violent knife crime specifically.

How long did you spend in the rougher areas. Obviously you will be ok swanning around the beaten track.

See for yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Kimsang wrote: »
    What legitimate causes on the left have been hijacked?

I believe mostly it is when the 'far-right' hijack a topic, it becomes untouchable and people lose favour with it.(guilt by association)

Take for example freedom of speech, it has become synonymous with the 'far-right', when throughout the last century it was clearly something the left prided itself on. The way many on the left now speak about freedom of speech feels depressing to those of us who consider ourselves of the left and who love liberty. Yet we are called far-right. The left’s embrace of censorship is the great political tragedy of our time.
    • Whether it was agitating against McCarthyite censorship of communist ideas
    • Or setting up the Free Speech Movement at Berkeley in the early 1960s
    • or arguing against the idea that ‘video nasties’ warped minds and therefore should be banned

I think its just as disgusting that the 'fight' for freedom of speech has been left to the likes of Milo,Tommy,Gavin etc..

The above disgusting examples show a group from the far right and from the far left. The reality, right and left have little to do with this and both groups are the same: they just hate some group (Muslims and British respectively) and act the same. The right or the left if followed properly both have nothing to do with this which has everything to do with narrowminded parochial nationalism that is warped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

There are around 100 murders annually in London which has twice the population of Rep of Ireland.

St Louis averages around twice that of London, Baltimore three times London, New York more than double despite massive reduction in murder rate. A small City like New Orleans has more murders than London.

So yeah warzone would not be correct. I have been to Rio where the army were patrolling Copacabana and Cape Town which has a murder rate roughly 25 times annually that of London and wouldn't call either war zones, in fact Leblon and Ipanema were very safe to walk around in the evening

rossie1977 wrote: »
    There are around 100 murders annually in London which has twice the population of Rep of Ireland.

St Louis averages around twice that of London, Baltimore three times London, New York more than double despite massive reduction in murder rate. A small City like New Orleans has more murders than London.

So yeah warzone would not be correct. I have been to Rio where the army were patrolling Copacabana and Cape Town which has a murder rate roughly 25 times annually that of London and wouldn't call either war zones, in fact Leblon and Ipanema were very safe to walk around in the evening

Not everyone who is stabbed dies

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

mynamejeff wrote: »

I suppose its different thresholds. The poster you quoted included gardai. Many travel guides would say parts of cities only half as rough are no go areas. Depends on what metric you want to use. The one I would use for these areas as tower hamlets is an average white woman walking round at 1am on her own. And by that standard labre park , moyross, tower hamlets etc.. would all he unsafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Not everyone who is stabbed dies

Difference in tools. Sure at the time limerick was
    ‘Stab city’ there wasnt a massive fatality count but by christ was there an A&E queue

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I suppose its different thresholds. The poster you quoted included gardai. Many travel guides would say parts of cities only half as rough are no go areas. Depends on what metric you want to use. The one I would use for these areas as tower hamlets is an average white woman walking round at 1am on her own. And by that standard labre park , moyross, tower hamlets etc.. would all he unsafe.

That may be your definition of a “no go” area, but it isn’t the one used earlier in this thread or by the twitter accounts linked.

I’ve seen the claim many times that the predominantly Muslim areas in the UK are no go areas for the police or emergency services. This is a lie, plain and simple.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

POS indicted for his violence in Portland.

https://twitter.com/Kermit_Progress/status/1148789841028669442

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

POS indicted for his violence in Portland.

https://twitter.com/Kermit_Progress/status/1148789841028669442

Good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Aren't you the same poster saying most women are afraid to go outside?! In fact you were hysterical calling for women only train carriages on thread only a couple days ago... but now you've never once felt threatened on a tube?
    Women only carriages are long overdue as it's obvious that some men cannot control themselves with women around, they treat women as sexual objects instead of treating them as equal human beings.

Which is it because it can't be both?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Which is it because it can't be both?

Daytime, not night time but you chose not to read the whole thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

When the grifters say no go zones they mean areas that are totally Muslim. That there are places seperated from the UK where police and non muslims can't go and where Sharia law is enforced. That is of course nonsense but they have a lot of their followers believing it.

• Advertisement

When the grifters say no go zones they mean areas that are totally Muslim. That there are places seperated from the UK where police and non muslims can't go and where Sharia law is enforced. That is of course nonsense but they have a lot of their followers believing it.

Yes. Women have more to fear from right wingers like the Proud Boys that want them subservient to men, to the anti-abortion religious types who want control of their bodies.
    They have the same vitriol for other groups like Jews, non-Christians, non far right Whites, any other race, lgbt people etc.

There are no no-go zones here or in the UK, saying so is just a reason for conservative right wingers to sensationalise bash Muslims using fear of brown skin people as a weapon.

Daytime, not night time but you chose not to read the whole thread.

Your posts generally wish me wish I hadn't read them most of them time to be honest because it's hard to decipher if you're being on the level or not, either way it's worrying.

So let me get this straight after your newest post; the women-only carriages should just apply at night then, is that what you're saying now?

So let me get this straight after your newest post; the women-only carriages should just apply at night then, is that what you're saying now?

No, you didn't read that thread.

No, you didn't read that thread.

I did. It was filled with hyperbole and sexism to the point you were warned I believe. The fact that you constantly call out perceived bigotry to beat the band on here is ironic given your own offerings.

I did. It was filled with hyperbole and sexism to the point you were warned I believe. The fact that you constantly call out perceived bigotry to beat the band on here is ironic given your own offerings.

No you didn't read it properly. I stated that there was a problem with some sexist men of the Proud Boys type who are sexual predators to women on the dark evenings, they have made the streets unsafe for women on their own, it wasn't Muslims like some project here.( Note Some men, not all like some posters who can't read and mistook it as reading all men.)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,474 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Boggles wrote: »
    Your reading too much into it.

I'd be sure they were beating him up because he is a cúnt, not because he is Asian.
    Simples.

Ah that's grand so.

klaaaz wrote:
    Yes. Women have more to fear from right wingers like the Proud Boys that want them subservient to men, to the anti-abortion religious types who want control of their bodies. They have the same vitriol for other groups like Jews, non-Christians, non far right Whites, any other race, lgbt people etc.

That is a huge misrepresentation. The proud boys promote more traditional gender roles, they in no way expect women to be subservient.

You could argue that traditional Muslim practices are much more archaic when it comes to women's rights.

There is no basis to claim that they are racist.
    klaaaz wrote:
    No you didn't read it properly. I stated that there was a problem with some sexist men of the Proud Boys type who are sexual predators to women on the dark evenings, they have made the streets unsafe for women on their own, it wasn't Muslims like some project here.( Note Some men, not all like some posters who can't read and mistook it as reading all men.)

Again, claiming certain proud boys to be sexual predators is ridiculous.

That is a huge misrepresentation. The proud boys promote more traditional gender roles, they in no way expect women to be subservient..

They are self proclaimed make chauvinists and you agree with them, no surprise there! They want women back in the kitchen as baby factorys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

They are self proclaimed make chauvinists and you agree with them, no surprise there! They want women back in the kitchen as baby factorys!

Would you say the same about Islam?

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote:

Western chauvinists.

I think you don't understand what the word chauvinist means.

And no they don't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement