Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

Tasfasdf wrote:
    Would you say the same about Islam?

Of course he wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Would you say the same about Islam?
    Of course he wouldn't.

They both religions have some followers who act like that, not all of them. Keyword is some who in our case are right wing Christians trying to regain power to introduce religious laws again.
    Western chauvinists.

I think you don't understand what the word chauvinist means.

And no they don't.

Yes they do, it's self-proclaimed. Are you in the Irish branch of the Proud Boys?

klaaaz wrote:
    Yes they do, it's self-proclaimed. Are you in the Irish branch of the Proud Boys?

Nope. They don't. And no I'm not. What do you think chauvinist means?

Nope. They don't. And no I'm not. What do you think chauvinist means?

A male who feels superior to females, that females are less equal than him and patronises and subjugates females to his control.

klaaaz wrote:
    A male who feels superior to females, that females are less equal than him and patronises and subjugates females to his control.

Well then you are wrong. If you had taken the time to look up the meaning and then you might stop labeling people things that they aren't.

"a person displaying aggressive or exaggerated patriotism"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

klaaaz wrote: »

Your embarrassing yourself at this stage.

Well then you are wrong. If you had taken the time to look up the meaning and then you might stop labeling people things that they aren't.

"a person displaying aggressive or exaggerated patriotism"
    Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Your embarrassing yourself at this stage.

I was talking about male chauvinists as we were talking about women for countless posts today, the Dunner redirected it to western chauvinists in a desperate attempt to deflect from the horrors of male chauvinism.

klaaaz wrote:
    I was talking about male chauvinists as we were talking about women for countless posts today, the Dunner redirected it to western chauvinists in a desperate attempt to deflect from the horrors of male chauvinism.

Nope. You mentioned that the Proud Boys were self proclaimed chauvinists. They are indeed.

You didn't bother checking their definition. I'm not deflecting, I'm merely pointing out that you were wholly incorrect as nowhere do they state that they expect women to be subservient.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

They both religions have some followers who act like that, not all of them. Keyword is some who in our case are right wing Christians trying to regain power to introduce religious laws again.

If youre so concerned about the rights of women and them being subjugated , why are you focussing on a tiny group that isnt really on the rise (the christian right) and apologising/ ignoring a group thats already larger and growing (muslims) .

Nope. You mentioned that the Proud Boys were self proclaimed chauvinists. They are indeed.

You didn't bother checking their definition. I'm not deflecting, I'm merely pointing out that you were wholly incorrect as nowhere do they state that they expect women to be subservient.

The Proud Boys are male chauvinists, they invented the new word "western chauvinist" as another way of saying to subjugate women. Your use of their term "western chauvinist" and your choice to defend them alongside your fervent support for the return of the 8th amendment in the marches thread just shows your disdain for womens rights.

Oh and the FBI designated the Proud Boys as an extremist hate group with ties to white nationalism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

The Proud Boys are male chauvinists, they invented the new word "western chauvinist" as another way of saying to subjugate women.

That's not it at all. Look I'm not going to defend the proud boys because what they do is abhorrent ( political violence ). The term "western chauvinist" is meant to describe how western culture trumps all others, that's what the intention was. Google Gavin McInnes "The west is the best" or whatever. You're looking for something that's not there.

You're wrong, stop digging a bigger hole for yourself.

klaaaz wrote:
    The Proud Boys are male chauvinists, they invented the new word "western chauvinist" as another way of saying to subjugate women. Your use of their term "western chauvinist" and your choice to defend them alongside your fervent support for the return of the 8th amendment in the marches thread just shows your disdain for womens rights.

Well now, the mask slips there buddy.

I choose to defend them because you are spreading complete lies. That's all there is to it.

You also mentioned that I fervently support the return of the eighth amendment? Please point out where I once said that?

I mentioned on another thread that I think that abortion is a nuanced topic which is almost impossible to debate. I never once said that I was pro life or pro choice.

You are guilty AGAIN of spreading lies and blatant mistruths in order to assassinate character to win an argument.

It's a horrible tactic and really does nothing except make you look dishonest and discredits any point you may have had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Oh and the FBI designated the Proud Boys as an extremist hate group with ties to white nationalism.

Tells you how full of **** the FBI are when they can designate the Proud Boys as a Hate Group, but not Antifa. Antifa are much more violent than the Proud Boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

20Cent wrote: »
    When the grifters say no go zones they mean areas that are totally Muslim. That there are places seperated from the UK where police and non muslims can't go and where Sharia law is enforced. That is of course nonsense but they have a lot of their followers believing it.

This is the problem. Suppose if someone did try to take over an area of a UK city and tried to impose their own legal system clearly without permission from the UK government. What would happen? The police and possibly army would shut it down within hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

This is the problem. Suppose if someone did try to take over an area of a UK city and tried to impose their own legal system clearly without permission from the UK government. What would happen? The police and possibly army would shut it down within hours.

I would certainly hope that would be the case but I'm not so sure. How do areas of the UK become totally Muslim anyway? That should never be allowed happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

POS indicted for his violence in Portland.

https://twitter.com/Kermit_Progress/status/1148789841028669442

Good to see, doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum you fall on if you engage in violence you need to check yourself as you basically loose any moral authority to dictate to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Tells you how full of **** the FBI are when they can designate the Proud Boys as a Hate Group, but not Antifa. Antifa are much more violent than the Proud Boys.

It's not true just like most of the stuff that comes from the mouths of these dishonest ****s: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/12/08/fbi-says-proud-boys-are-not-an-extremist-group-after-all/?utm_term=.00e34b69c9d8

So lets have a look;

Your first sentence: wrong. Proud Boys promote traditional gender roles. That is not subjugation of women.

Your second sentence: wrong. I am a firm believer in equal rights for women and in the thread you brought up, I said that abortion was more of a nuanced matter then simply spouting "Her Body, Her Choice" at people when discussing an emotive topic. That is certainly not fervent support of the 8th being reinstated.

Your third sentence: wrong. Proud Boys aren't designated by the FBI as an extremist hate group.

So in all three of your sentences, you managed to either lie or showed yourself up to be horribly misinformed. 100% hit rate

If it wasn't so sad, it would be almost funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Traditional gender roles means women in the kitchen and having babies.

Nice t shirt they sell promoting fascist Pinochet and violence.

https://1776.shop/product/youre-next-comrade/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

20Cent wrote: »

https://1776.shop/product/youre-next-comrade/

Considering the outcome communism has had everywhere, dropping them out of helicopters probably saves more lives than it ends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

So lets have a look;

Your first sentence: wrong. Proud Boys promote traditional gender roles. That is not subjugation of women.

Yeah, no, it pretty much is.

The kind of 'traditional gender roles' favoured by Proud Boys are based on the structure where the man is the head and master of the household and everyone else in the family is under his authority.

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    I would certainly hope that would be the case but I'm not so sure. How do areas of the UK become totally Muslim anyway? That should never be allowed happen.

If an area of the UK became a Taliban/ISIS/Gilead type zone, I am sure it would have happened by now. Various cultish preachers tried to do their best and the more extreme Brexiteers do their best to scaremonger that 'Muslims are taking over the UK and are radicalised'. The reality is Muslims have lived in the UK for decades (mainly Pakistanis, Indians, Malaysians and some Iranians and Arabs) and have integrated for the most part. They feature in all walks of life and 99% of them are tolerant of others and do things like dress as UK people and drink alcohol.

Of course, there is a minority who would like so-called 'Shariah law' (the abuse of more like it) imposed and Muslim ghettos set up (the more 'moderate' elements of the far right would say Muslims should be sent to such a designated spot and live nowhere else in the UK, and the far left would say Muslims are entitled to their own state!). I cannot see the UK government allowing states within states and cannot see the vast majority of modernised British Muslims supporting a return to the stone age either. The UK is not Afghanistan.

B0jangles wrote: »
    Yeah, no, it pretty much is.

The kind of 'traditional gender roles' favoured by Proud Boys are based on the structure where the man is the head and master of the household and everyone else in the family is under his authority.

Did not know who these 'Proud Boys' are until I looked them up. Yet another crowd who seem to strive to make The Handmaid's Tale/Republic of Gilead real-ish. These types are more of a real worry in Western countries than 'Islamification'. Extreme Christian organisations and misogynist stuff is the real threat. It is these very kinds who scaremonger about Islam too. Islamic extremism there is no denying has designs on Europe/UK, etc. but so far has no realistic chance of gaining much foothold. This remain a threat in current Muslim majority nations. The rise of rightwing or leftwing nationalist extremism is more what the West should worry about when it comes to take overs of governments. Islamic extremist terrorism of course remains a threat but their ability to take over a Western country? No.

20Cent wrote:

I know. Disgusting isn't it? Women having babies. Ugh. I don't see an issue with people suggesting women would be happier as housewives and mothers and men being the breadwinner. It's not the way it is in my house but as far as opinions go, it's hardly subjugation of women.
    20Cent wrote:

If you like that one, you will love the "punch a Nazi" shirts antifa supporters wear or the one of terrorist Che Guevara

(A Nazi to antifa is whoever they deem to be. Just in case your next response was going to be "why are you sticking up for Nazis")

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Who or what are the"proud boys"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

I find the one's that complain the most about Antifa are the one's most likely to get a few slaps off them.

While understandable , I don't really give sh1t.

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

I find the one's that complain the most about Antifa are the one's most likely to get a few slaps off them.

While understandable , I don't really give sh1t.

Soft c*nts though. Using mammy's ironing board as a shield.
    They always seem to require crusty women to stand in front of them keeping them safe but every now and then they get too close to patriots and wind up being kicked up and down the street

So lets have a look;

Your second sentence: wrong. I am a firm believer in equal rights for women and in the thread you brought up, I said that abortion was more of a nuanced matter then simply spouting "Her Body, Her Choice" at people when discussing an emotive topic. That is certainly not fervent support of the 8th being reinstated.

Your third sentence: wrong. Proud Boys aren't designated by the FBI as an extremist hate group.

So in all three of your sentences, you managed to either lie or showed yourself up to be horribly misinformed. 100% hit rate

If it wasn't so sad, it would be almost funny.

Out of all this rubbish defending the extremist group Proud Boys...

As you're a fan of the Christian right like the Proud Boys who thankfully have fallen from grace in this country, what is the traditional gender roles that women should fulfill in your view, be expelled from the workforce, have babies and raise them all their life full time just like in the Republic of Gilead?

Out of all this rubbish defending the extremist group Proud Boys...

As you're a fan of the Christian right like the Proud Boys who thankfully have fallen from grace in this country, what is the traditional gender roles that women should fulfill in your view, be expelled from the workforce, have babies and raise them all their life full time just like in the Republic of Gilead?

No the men should have the babies. Women should be out building things and drinking pints

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Soft c*nts though. Using mammy's ironing board as a shield.
    They always seem to require crusty women to stand in front of them keeping them safe but every now and then they get too close to patriots and wind up being kicked up and down the street

If they are so harmless, weak and ineffectual why not just ignore them?

Seems a bit mad to think of them as totally unthreatening and laughable and at exactly the same time as an extremely violent and dangerous group that it is a threat to the safety of every conservative voice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement