Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

20Cent wrote: »
    In the good old days these women would have just taken these slurs against themselves without getting all uppity about it.

Thanks Obama.

If Ohmar was still in Somalia she wouldn't be able to speak [no less be a House Representative] without her Brother/Husband's permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    If Ohmar was still in Somalia she wouldn't be able to speak [no less be a House Representative] without her Brother/Husband's permission.

Your point being?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

In the good old days these women would have just taken these slurs against themselves without getting all uppity about it.

Thanks Obama.
    "Just internalize the oppression and shut up". I bet every racist would love that, being a sicko and not even getting a response. Thankfully the times have changed and people who are being belittled are sometimes allowed to respond ;)

Those small government Republicans should go over to Somalia. No red tape, business wreaking regulations there.

Your point being?

She shouldn't be trying to make America into the Country she fled.

• Advertisement

How is she doing that?

She is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭Odhinn

He didn't name and names in that tweet. Its not his fault that they're so attention starved that they had to out themselves.

What he did was racism, and has been long seen as so - eg

"The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) specifically cites the phrase "Go back to where you came from" as the type of language that could violate anti-discrimination employment laws in certain circumstances. The phrase is nearly identical to what Mr. Trump wrote in his tweets about the congresswomen: "Why don't they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came."
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/eeoc-go-back-where-you-came-from-discrimination-federal-law-trump-tweets/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab6a&linkId=70717840&fbclid=IwAR011J2IXY73kALWI-UnJZkN5P-3ZE-yE6En-AdOQFnyOY88szM7refYbag

Yes and claiming that we don't know who he was referring to is bs, it's 100% obvious and claiming otherwise cannot be a good faith argument.

I doubt I will ever get any proof for those claims btw lol

Here's some fact checking anyways

66628791_2812523462108375_7175698631335346176_n.png?_nc_cat=107&_nc_oc=AQlMFcOP7gLs1BGkJbwqflndWHzEzj8PCm8vzJtAD5aeaXrUKGRCZ-Dz9ZIZUPv4hv8&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7b97c1461ce21fb0ac04fdf3e35762cb&oe=5DB20971

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

But she isn't still there is she? And the only people trying to stop her being independent and speaking her mind are people like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

What I don’t understand is why Omar is enjoying the good live of a Congresswoman, collecting $174,000 salary plus perks, and not sitting in jail for immigration fraud and tax fraud.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    What I don’t understand is why Omar is enjoying the good live of a Congresswoman, collecting $174,000 salary plus perks, and not sitting in jail for immigration fraud and tax fraud.

What I don't understand is why the First Lady hasn't been deported for overstaying her visa.

Because those stories are just made up.

Any sources?

Because those stories are just made up.
    Just like the Trump campaign wasn't spied on, eh? Why does she continue to refuse to provide documentation to resolve the allegations? Why the elaborate efforts to hide everything? And why are no family members speaking? "Faith marriage," give me a break!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Just like the Trump campaign wasn't spied on, eh? Why does she continue to refuse to provide documentation to resolve the allegations? Why the elaborate efforts to hide everything? And why are no family members speaking? "Faith marriage," give me a break!

Ah, the new birther movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Just like the (............) break!

The usual xenophobic nonsense, similar to that aimed at Obama. In years to come this will looked at as an ugly and hate filled period of US history.

snowblind wrote: »
    Any sources?

In 2002, Omar, 19, married Hirsi, 22, with whom she has two children, in “faith tradition,” but they do not marry legally.
    In 2008, Omar and Hirsi divorce, not legally, in their faith tradition.
    In 2009, Omar, 26, legally marries Elmi, 23 (Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, a man who is possibly her own brother, to sidestep immigration laws).
    In 2011, Omar and Elmi divorce in “faith tradition,” but do not divorce legally until 2017.
    In 2012, Omar reunites with Hirsi, and they have a third child together
    In 2014-15, Omar files joint tax returns with Hirsi while she is still legally married to Elmi.
    In 2017, Omar and Elmi divorce legally.
    In 2018, Omar is elected to Congress, and she legally marries Hirsi.

The investigative documents, released following a state probe into alleged campaign finance violations, showed that Omar filed joint tax returns in 2014 and 2015 with her current husband, Ahmed Hirsi, while she was legally married to Elmi.

Is there any question that this would be a major story and involve criminal indictments if she were a Republican?

http://www.startribune.com/new-documents-revisit-questions-about-rep-ilhan-omar-s-marriage/511681362/?refresh=true

In 2002, Omar, 19, married Hirsi, 22, with whom she has two children, in “faith tradition,” but they do not marry legally.
    In 2008, Omar and Hirsi divorce, not legally, in their faith tradition.
    In 2009, Omar, 26, legally marries Elmi, 23 (Ahmed Nur Said Elmi, a man who is possibly her own brother, to sidestep immigration laws).
    In 2011, Omar and Elmi divorce in “faith tradition,” but do not divorce legally until 2017.
    In 2012, Omar reunites with Hirsi, and they have a third child together
    In 2014-15, Omar files joint tax returns with Hirsi while she is still legally married to Elmi.
    In 2017, Omar and Elmi divorce legally.
    In 2018, Omar is elected to Congress, and she legally marries Hirsi.

The investigative documents, released following a state probe into alleged campaign finance violations, showed that Omar filed joint tax returns in 2014 and 2015 with her current husband, Ahmed Hirsi, while she was legally married to Elmi.

Is there any question that this would be a major story and involve criminal indictments if she were a Republican?

http://www.startribune.com/new-documents-revisit-questions-about-rep-ilhan-omar-s-marriage/511681362/?refresh=true
    Fact check

You can make any spurious claim about anyone. I could say Trump is an alien from outer space but that would be UNPROVEN, since it couldnt be proven to be false.

Your link does not prove anything. She made a mistake with taxes and paid the fines.

Immigration fraud? Oh, that's part of the brother conspiracy.

So just racist and illminded rumours.

• Advertisement

She is not.

She advocates for Sharia and fund raises for ISIS and Muslim Brotherhood. She's not this innocent victim that you want to believe she is.

She advocates for Sharia and fund raises for ISIS and Muslim Brotherhood. She's not this innocent victim that you want to believe she is.
    Oh wow, now show me sources for these claims!

You might wanna check this which I already linked

Republicans and right wingers are so hysterical yet call others snowflakes it's so funny.

snowblind wrote: »
    Fact check

You can make any spurious claim about anyone. I could say Trump is an alien from outer space but that would be UNPROVEN, since it couldnt be proven to be false.

Your link does not prove anything. She made a mistake with taxes and paid the fines.

Immigration fraud? Oh, that's part of the brother conspiracy.

So just racist and illminded rumours.
    LOL on your fact check... UNPROVEN.

What fines did she pay and for what?

Enough is out there with potential tax and immigration fraud to start a criminal investigation into the matter. If she is innocent then good, let her continue on her ways.

Republicans and right wingers are so hysterical yet call others snowflakes it's so funny.
    Wouldn't even call these republicans / right wingers, just full on gemma odoherty level conspiracy theory stuff. Which shape is the earth again?

LOL on your fact check... UNPROVEN.

What fines did she pay and for what?

Enough is out there with potential tax and immigration fraud to start a criminal investigation into the matter. If she is innocent then good, let her continue on her ways.
    Why lol?

She paid fines for the tax stuff. As people do. its not a Trump level tax issue so not imprisonable.

Immigration fraud would need to be proven. But as it's just illminded racist conjecture, will not happen.

Ok so every time I refer to anyone married, I will from hereon use "married (possibly to their brother)"
    I mean, I'm just saying it's possible!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

'Send her back' is this year's 'lock her up!'.

Trump is the ultimate troll.

Went down a qanon rabbit hole on YouTube one time. There was a guy talking about a video on the dark web of Democrats killing children. He hadn't seen it himself but for 25 dollars you could be sent a .pdf report about it. The video had 10's of thoisands of views many of the comments were people saying they were paying for the report. Most gullible lot ever.

Trumps mailing list must be worth billions. He's even selling plastic straws for 15 dollars and his base are buying them to "own the libs'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Trumps mailing list must be worth billions. He's even selling plastic straws for 15 dollars and his base are buying them to "own the libs'.

Noone is that stupid....this isnt remotely believable

I apoligise turns out after some googling there may be substance to this....but no sales yet??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement