Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Aaaaaand David Quinns article in the Sunday Times is a whinge about a female James Bond. Marian Finucane has someone on justifying trumps racism and the concentration camps.

The media is left wing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

20Cent wrote: »
    Aaaaaand David Quinns article in the Sunday Times is a whinge about a female James Bond. Marian Finucane has someone on justifying trumps racism and the concentration camps.

The media is left wing though.

I hope the next Bond is Beyonce or someone like that. That'd be prime popcorn material.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

MrFresh wrote: »
    Would it matter to you whether he said it or not though? If you're ok with the POTUS saying it then why would you feel the need to defend this person?

I'm not defending this person, they're a piece of trash as far as I'm concerned. They were calling Trump a Nazi online all week and then were a victim of that very thing themselves: 'being unjustifiable labelled a racist'. Karma at it's best as far as I'm concerned.
    Would it matter to you whether he said it or not though?

I shouldn't have to say this (but I'm in a discussion with lefties so I will): I am against all forms of racism, including anyone being told to go back to where they came from purely because of the colour of their skin.
    If you're ok with the POTUS saying it then why would you feel the need to defend this person?

If you paid attention you'd know that I wasn't okay with the POTUS saying what he did:
    I don't think the chant was racist, although I concede it could be inferred as such, which is I why said I didn't like it's tone, but, it's kinda hard to chant.....
    "Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came then come back and show us how it is done"

... bit of a mouthful I'm sure you'll agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,126 ✭✭✭Odhinn

I'm not defending (..............) the POTUS saying what he did:

...but three of them are from America, so evidently there's something else about them that allows his and their wee brains to label them as "foreign".

I'm not defending this person, they're a piece of trash as far as I'm concerned. They were calling Trump a Nazi online all week and then were a victim of that very thing themselves: 'being unjustifiable labelled a racist'. Karma at it's best as far as I'm concerned.

I shouldn't have to say this (but I'm in a discussion with lefties so I will): I am against all forms of racism, including anyone being told to go back to where they came from purely because of the colour of their skin.

If you paid attention you'd know that I wasn't okay with the POTUS saying what he did:

You said you didn't like it's tone and didn't think it was racist.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...but three of them are from America, so evidently there's something else about them that allows his and there wee brain to label them as "foreign".

Can you post the quote, I've haven't seen him refer to them in that way.
    You said you didn't like it's tone and didn't think it was racist.

I didn't like the tone of the chant, which is more in like with what Eric has been accused of saying. The POTUS said he didn't like the chant either by the way and has distanced himself from it.

As for the tweets, I have said what I thought of them on the respective thread, quote one of my posts there if you want to discuss it with me further, as this is the Antifa thread.

As for Sparkes, I'm not "defending" him, I am just pointing out that it looks like Erica has lied for attention and done a bit of Jussie... but, couldn't happen to a nicer guy, as even though it does seem he experienced racism growing up, doesn't justify him running around Facebook referring to the POTUS as a Nazi.

Can you post the quote, I've haven't seen him refer to them in that way..

Being obtuse are we?

Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1150381395078000643

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Ted Johnson

Would be no harm to make those who hate America or the west spend a year in Somalia.

Being obtuse are we?

Nope. So he didn't label them as "foreign" then, you meant to use italics rather than quotation marks, no bother.

Happy to discuss it further on the other thread anyway. This one is for discussing Antifa scum.

No sign of yer mans alleged posts on his Facebook. Wouldn't surprise me if they were fake.

• Advertisement

Nope. So he didn't label them as "foreign" then, you meant to use italics rather than quotation marks, no bother.

He tells them to go back where they came from. Logically this carries the implication that they are foriegn and from elsewhere. It takes a large degree of intellectual dishonesty to come to any other conclusion.

He said they were from other countries. Is that not foreign?

He said they were from other countries. Is that not foreign?
    He tells them to go back where they came from. Logically this carries the implication that they are foriegn and from elsewhere. It takes a large degree of intellectual dishonesty to come to any other conclusion.

I have replied to these comments on the requisite thread.

They have nothing to do with Antifa.

I have replied to these comments on the requisite thread.

You brought the issues here and I answered them here.

Nope, 20 Cent posted the Erica Thomas story here and again, it has nothing to do with Antifa.

My response about the congresswomen is on the congresswomen thread. Ignore it if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Midlife wrote: »
    This is shoocking from you notobtuse.

She paid a tax fine and all the rest is baseless rumours.

I'm dissappointed that you take an argument such as this. You should check where you get your news from and find out the details behind things.

It's hard not to see racist undertones behind this and the birther thing.
    Washington, we have a problem. We have a sitting US Congresswoman who may have filed 9 years of fraudulent, felonious, tax returns. She also violated state rules when she used campaign funds to pay for personal out-of-state travel as well as help on her tax returns. And most serious of all she may have committed immigration fraud. Omar’s has a possible bigamy scheme hanging over her head and refuses to address the questions she married her brother in order to get him a green card. Homeland Security makes it clear this type of thing it is a serious crime, not a victimless harmless infraction, and weakens our nation’s security and makes us less safe. This year numerous people have been indicted on federal charges of conspiring to defraud our immigration system by arranging fake marriages that statutes state result in jail time and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines. There is no question in my mind if this was a Republican congresswoman the media and democrats would be a Defcon One with early morning SWAT raids.

Should we ignore a Democrat congresswoman’s disregard for our laws or should everyone get away with violating laws they don’t like... or just democrat minorities?

I understand nothing will probably be done to her because she is a democrat and a minority. Democrats need to protect her at all costs. But that doesn’t mean we can’t keep this stuff in the forefront of the news to tell people democrats have become the party of lawlessness... They seem to also love Antifa, by the way. I’m so sick of people playing the race card... So now questioning serious lawlessness is racism. Figures!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Washington, we have a problem. We have a sitting US Congresswoman who may have filed 9 years of fraudulent, felonious, tax returns. She also violated state rules when she used campaign funds to pay for personal out-of-state travel as well as help on her tax returns. And most serious of all she may have committed immigration fraud. Omar’s has a possible bigamy scheme hanging over her head and refuses to address the questions she married her brother in order to get him a green card. Homeland Security makes it clear this type of thing it is a serious crime, not a victimless harmless infraction, and weakens our nation’s security and makes us less safe. This year numerous people have been indicted on federal charges of conspiring to defraud our immigration system by arranging fake marriages that statutes state result in jail time and hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines. There is no question in my mind if this was a Republican congresswoman the media and democrats would be a Defcon One with early morning SWAT raids.

Should we ignore a Democrat congresswoman’s disregard for our laws or should everyone get away with violating laws they don’t like... or just democrat minorities?

I understand nothing will probably be done to her because she is a democrat and a minority. Democrats need to protect her at all costs. But that doesn’t mean we can’t keep this stuff in the forefront of the news to tell people democrats have become the party of lawlessness... They seem to also love Antifa, by the way. I’m so sick of people playing the race card... So now questioning serious lawlessness is racism. Figures!

May have
    May have
    May have

Come back when there is some actual evidence rather the fux news gossip.

May have
    May have
    May have

Come back when there is some actual evidence rather the fux news gossip.
    You do realize they've investigated the President of the US for two years based on no evidence, right!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

You do realize they've investigated the President of the US for two years based on no evidence, right!

Annnnnnd the whataboutery.

20 odd convictions so wouldn't say there was no evidence.

Annnnnnd the whataboutery.

20 odd convictions so wouldn't say there was no evidence.
    Exposing hypocrisy is not whataboutery.

The president received 20 convictions for colluding with Russia???? Nobody tells me nothing. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Seanachai wrote: »

Stopped after seeing who wrote it.

Exposing hypocrisy is not whataboutery.

The president received 20 convictions for colluding with Russia???? Nobody tells me nothing. :rolleyes:

These stories were started by fake ass "journalists " similar to Andy Ngo. Simply made up. Yet President Trump repeats them to throw dirt at opponents to cover his racism. His base also repeat them.

These stories were started by fake ass "journalists " similar to Andy Ngo. Simply made up. Yet President Trump repeats them to throw dirt at opponents to cover his racism. His base also repeat them.
    Sooooo.... Who started them? The tax fraud has already been proven.

Sooooo.... Who started them? The tax fraud has already been proven.

She's been fined or jailed for tax fraud?
    Throw up a link there.

Gas people who think trump should be allowed keep his tax returns a secret accusing others of fraud.

She's been fined or jailed for tax fraud?
    Throw up a link there.

Omar repeatedly violated state rules when she used campaign funds to pay for personal out-of-state travel as well as help on her tax returns and had to reimburse her former campaign committee nearly $4,000. Federal tax fraud will probably be next for filing a joint return with a man who she had dependents with and who was not her husband, while possibly being married to her brother.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/06/10/ilhan-omar-personal-tax-returns-controversy/

Omar repeatedly violated state rules when she used campaign funds to pay for personal out-of-state travel as well as help on her tax returns and had to reimburse her former campaign committee nearly $4,000. Federal tax fraud will probably be next for filing a joint return with a man who she had dependents with and who was not her husband, while possibly being married to her brother.

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2019/06/10/ilhan-omar-personal-tax-returns-controversy/

So that's a no then.

No comment needed.
    Trump makes the white power hand symbol when saying AOC's name.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1153693921542909953?s=19

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote:
    No comment needed. Trump makes the white power hand symbol when saying AOC's name.

Oh Christ. You are really reaching

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement