Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

_blaaz wrote: »
    As ive said i dont know....but i know a clusterfcuk when i see one and a whole rake of people need sacking for let it get so bad that people are thinking concentration camps are going ro be a sucess

So, the usual woke idiocy of complaining about something being a disgrace without even having a vague outline of what you'd do to make the situation better?

Good man. Keep championing the cause of criminals just because other people on twitter are telling you that it is a bad thing that you should be real mad about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

lawlolawl wrote: »
    So, the usual woke idiocy of complaining about something being a disgrace without even having a vague outline of what you'd do to make the situation better?

Good man. Keep championing the cause of criminals just because other people on twitter are telling you that it is a bad thing that you should be real mad about.

Dont use twitter mate??....but keep hurling abuse in favour of actually critisng anyone for trampleing all over civil rights

But surely any sembelence of cop on,would tell yous that this is a terrible idea and will haunt american policy for generations....any despot in any country can do anything and america will be in no position to critise them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

but the fact that they have to resort to concentration camps

Concentration camps are synonymous with the holocaust and trying to link these detention centers with that is just shameful and dishonest.

Concentration camps are synonymous with the holocaust and trying to link these detention centers with that is just shameful and dishonest.

Theyve been around since at least boer war times??

Anyone who thinks they are only since ww2 times are patehically informed history and tbh should read a few history books......the british invented em afaik.....yous can rest assure it is not linking em to the holocost(we have had our own holocost by hunger here,so i dont mess around about that)

20Cent wrote: »
    When the president behaves like this it sets a very ugly tone.

Black US lawmaker says white man told her to ‘go back where you came from’

State representative Erica Thomas says she was verbally attacked in supermarket while shopping with her nine-year-old daughter

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jul/19/black-us-lawmaker-verbal-attack-georgia-go-back

How's that one working out? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

mad muffin wrote: »
    Everything is, Nazis, racists, bigots, whites supremacist, white privilege. That’s the democrats playbook now, since they lost power.
    Are you some american troll? Complaining about democrats all the time, so weird. I hate the democrats too, but I hate white supremacists much more than them. And apologists like you.

White supremacy is on the rise. If you haven't read about it, you must only consume FOX and Breitbart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

How's that one working out? :pac:

The audio of the most recent interview with her is hilarious.

She completely backpedals and just basically mumbles that it didn't happen the way she claimed it did initially.

All this happened because the guy in question didn't let himself be misrepresented as a racist. She acted like an arsehole and he called her on it so she immediately played the race card.

The classic double down.

Theyve been around since at least boer war times??

Anyone who thinks they are only since ww2 times are patehically informed history and tbh should read a few history books......the british invented em afaik.....yous can rest assure it is not linking em to the holocost(we have had our own holocost by hunger here,so i dont mess around about that)

They could have been around since cave men in cave 10 were locking up cave men in cave 12, it doesn't matter.

Everyone knows what they are synonymous with at this time.

• Advertisement

"why do people talk about the biggest terrorism threat in the western world?"

Remember Breivik?

Watch any news?

FBI's Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy

So. Are we allowed to use those terms when applicable? Oh wait, I'm not gonna ask a troll for an opinion. Readers can make their own minds up.

Is that genuinely the lad who invented goodwins law?
    Yes.

Attacks by White Extremists Are
    Growing. So Are Their Connections.

A history of recent attacks linked to white supremacy

U.S. sees steady rise in violence by white supremacists

To relate back to the topic of the thread - can't find anything about terrorist attacks or killing by Antifa. It's as if Antifa were right to oppose extremist nationalists and the furor about them is just white supremacists being afraid of their ideas being challenged anywhere they go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

snowblind wrote: »
    Are you some american troll? Complaining about democrats all the time, so weird. I hate the democrats too, but I hate white supremacists much more than them. And apologists like you.

White supremacy is on the rise. If you haven't read about it, you must only consume FOX and Breitbart.

Here we go… the leftist liberal mantra. If you’re not with me, you’re against me.

Here we go… the leftist liberal mantra. If you’re not with me, you’re against me.
    Oh yes, your posting is so carefully considered and non partisan :pac:

Just one liner attacks, no sources, attacking anyone who disagrees with you, strawmanning, gaslighting and whatabouting with no actual arguments. Yadda yadda "has to be democrat, therefore don't care" etc. No self awareness, but we can all read your posts ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Hi
    Oh yes, your posting is so carefully considered and non partisan :pac:

Just one liner attacks, no sources, attacking anyone who disagrees with you, strawmanning, gaslighting and whatabouting with no actual arguments. Yadda yadda "has to be democrat, therefore don't care" etc. No self awareness, but we can all read your posts ;)

No you can’t read all my post because they’ve either been deleted or edited. I’ve posted much evidence of liberal leftist

But you go ahead. You name call. Deride. Ridicule anyone that doesn’t follow your agenda.

Call them racist. Call them nazi. Call them inhuman. Whatever.

I know the hypocrisy that is the Democratic Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

No you can’t read all my post because they’ve either been deleted or edited. I’ve posted much evidence of liberal leftist lunacy.

Its all a conspiracy eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

To relate back to the topic of the thread - can't find anything about terrorist attacks or killing by Antifa. It's as if Antifa were right to oppose extremist nationalists and the furor about them is just white supremacists being afraid of their ideas being challenged anywhere they go.

Nail on head.
    White supremacists don't like being challenged
    The far right with the help of useful idiot "journalists " are trying to turn the attention away from their crimes by making antifa out to be a bigger threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Again: it's not a competition. You can be against all extremist violence. Well, some people can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    They can leave and return home whenever they feel like it. Thus they are not Concentration camps.

Who can? The parents are being prosecuted and the children are minors.

Remind me again why we are supposed to feel bad for people who are illegally entering/residing in a country?

Empathy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

MrFresh wrote: »
    Empathy?
    Trump cultists don't do empathy for children who have been purposely separated from their parents, in some cases permanently, and placed in camps without basic care and provisions.

Another example of so called pro lifers not actually giving a f*ck about kids once they come out of the womb

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Remind me again why we are supposed to feel bad for people who are illegally entering/residing in a country?

1. They are human beings

2. A lot of them aren't even entering illegally, they are claiming asylum

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Brian? wrote: »
    1. They are human beings

One US citizen was detained for no reason other than looking foreign. He was stopped at a checkpoint and they detained him even after producing his birth cert. He was released recently. He said the conditions were awful. he went 23 days without a shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

MrFresh wrote: »
    One US citizen was detained for no reason other than looking foreign.

Any links to that?

Although I guess the President himself has been guilty of similar the last while :)

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I absolutely detest Antifa. They're destructive and offer little or no solution. It's not a constructive movement. It's a "if I can't have it my way, I'll destroy it" kind of attitude. And maybe not all Antifa are like that. I'll speak to the ones that want to forcefully push their agenda on the rest of us. Setting cars of fire, attacking people and generally labelling anyone, moderate right of Marx as some kind of hateful nazi, is just too extreme.

More to the point, I dislike extremists and I class Antifa as extremists. I categorize them with the far-right. Destructive, ideological, fascistic in their approach to conveying their message. I'll listen to right-leaning and left-leaning moderates and centrists. Particularly the ones that don't have a hissy fit over listening to someone with opposing views.

The political divide seems to be so much bigger. I think I even saw PEW research and that shows that the centre shrinking and more far-left and more far-right people more than ever. Why is that? I blame, echo-chambers on social media and lots of confirmation bias, as well as poor, unreliable journalism with political click-bait titles. It's probably more complex than that though.

I find listening right-leaning news/current affairs refreshing because it shows a mirror up at "my team" and also the dirty, and poor, unreliable accounts of people purporting to be on the left are doing. I lean left, we're mostly a left-leaning country with mostly left-leaning media (all the creatives get the creative/media and journalism jobs) so it's not hard to get both sides of the debate.

Edit: Found the graph.

I know it's USA but it can be applied loosely throughout the western world.

PP-2014-06-12-polarization-1-01.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

"why do people talk about the biggest terrorism threat in the western world?"

Remember Breivik?

Watch any news?

FBI's Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy

So. Are we allowed to use those terms when applicable? Oh wait, I'm not gonna ask a troll for an opinion. Readers can make their own minds up.

White supremacy, neo-Nazism, Gileadism, neo-imperialism, neo-fascism, militant Christism, call it what you like but this is going to be the next biggest terrorism threat and much worse than Islamic terrorism because it is supported by much more advanced countries including an evil wing of the American government that assumed power on 9th April 2018. ISIS, heavily financed via Saudi Arabia the ally of the 9th April American regime, was arguably part of this and allowed the rise of the new racist threat to emerge.

There is a docu-drama about the future of this threat in its worst case scenario on at 10.30 on RTE 2 tonight. It's called The Handmaid's Tale. Be warned that this is the future we NEED to avoid and the future that racist sectarian misogynist abusive religious white supremacy terrorism brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    There is a proper way to claim asylum. Asylum seekers must be in the US or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. Sneaking across the border and saying 'I’m an asylum seeker and screw you because you can’t deport me' is a total disregard for our laws. Breaking the law makes you a criminal. Or should people just disregard laws in every country just because some don’t like it? Or should that just apply to America?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Trump cultists don't do empathy for children who have been purposely separated from their parents, in some cases permanently, and placed in camps without basic care and provisions.

Another example of so called pro lifers not actually giving a f*ck about kids once they come out of the womb
    It is best you leave pro life/pro choice out of these discussions. Or is pro choice speech the only speech tolerated... and no retorts permitted?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

There is a docu-drama about the future of this threat in its worst case scenario on at 10.30 on RTE 2 tonight. It's called The Handmaid's Tale. Be warned that this is the future we NEED to avoid and the future that racist sectarian misogynist abusive religious white supremacy terrorism brings.

Theres also a show about humanoid mice on motorbikes from Mars, should we use that to inform us politically as well ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

SexBobomb wrote: »
    Theres also a show about humanoid mice on motorbikes from Mars, should we use that to inform us politically as well ?

Most certainly not. There is no evidence of these existing. Plenty evidence of fascist religious warmongering racist misogynist sectarian so-called 'pro-life' killers out there. And plenty evidence throughout history of how such types would rule a country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement