Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    There is a proper way to claim asylum. Asylum seekers must be in the US or at a port of entry (an airport or an official land crossing) to apply for, or request the opportunity to apply for, asylum. Sneaking across the border and saying 'I’m an asylum seeker and screw you because you can’t deport me' is a total disregard for our laws. Breaking the law makes you a criminal. Or should people just disregard laws in every country just because some don’t like it? Or should that just apply to America?

Where do the people who claim asylum at the port of entry get moved to?

I think you can guess.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    Where do the people who claim asylum at the port of entry get moved to?

I think you can guess.
    What has that got to do with my statement and question? Looks like you moved the goalposts out of the stadium and into another world.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Plenty evidence of fascist religious warmongering racist misogynist sectarian so-called 'pro-life' killers out there. And plenty evidence throughout history of how such types would rule a country.

These types of people do exist but not in the numbers that you seem to think, we are in no danger of people like this ruling a country. Not in the west anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Very funny, someone put a fake presidential seal up on the screen behind trump when he was speaking at a turning point usa conference. It says 45 is a puppet in Latin, a double headed eagle (the Russian presidential seal) and it's holding golf clubs.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-24-at-10.24.05-PM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

20Cent wrote: »
    a double headed eagle (the Russian presidential seal)

To be fair - that might have been Trumps doing - he loves them Russians.

• Advertisement

Very funny, someone put a fake presidential seal up on the screen behind trump when he was speaking at a turning point usa conference. It says 45 is a puppet in Latin, a double headed eagle (the Russian presidential seal) and it's holding golf clubs.

Screen-Shot-2019-07-24-at-10.24.05-PM.png
    The World Health Organization should announce Trump Derangement Syndrome has become a worldwide epidemic.

Anyone catch any of yesterday’s hearings with Mueller on the witch-hunt? Oh, wait, Mueller was right… it wasn’t a witch-hunt, it was far worse. It was a treasonous and/or seditious attempt to prevent a lawful citizen from winning the presidency, and then once he had become president, to sabotage and unseat him.

Mueller was asked if he could cite a single example besides Donald Trump where the DOJ “determined that an investigated person was not exonerated because their innocence was not conclusively determined.” Mueller responded: “I cannot, but this is a unique situation.”

Congressman Ratcliffe, after lecturing everyone about how justice must be meted out equally to all Americans, noted that is seems we now hear that rules are malleable if we’re talking about Donald Trump. He correctly pointed out, Trump should not be above the law, but he should not be below it, either.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

There is a docu-drama about the future of this threat in its worst case scenario on at 10.30 on RTE 2 tonight. It's called The Handmaid's Tale. Be warned that this is the future we NEED to avoid and the future that racist sectarian misogynist abusive religious white supremacy terrorism brings.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You really need to stop watching that programme. It is rotting your brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The World Health Organization should announce Trump Derangement Syndrome has become a worldwide epidemic.

Anyone catch any of yesterday’s hearings with Mueller on the witch-hunt? Oh, wait, Mueller was right… it wasn’t a witch-hunt, it was far worse. It was a treasonous and/or seditious attempt to prevent a lawful citizen from winning the presidency, and then once he had become president, to sabotage and unseat him.

Mueller was asked if he could cite a single example besides Donald Trump where the DOJ “determined that an investigated person was not exonerated because their innocence was not conclusively determined.” Mueller responded: “I cannot, but this is a unique situation.”

Congressman Ratcliffe, after lecturing everyone about how justice must be meted out equally to all Americans, noted that is seems we now hear that rules are malleable if we’re talking about Donald Trump. He correctly pointed out, Trump should not be above the law, but he should not be below it, either.

i see they've released the talking points for the cultists to follow.

MrFresh wrote: »
    i see they've released the talking points for the cultists to follow.
    Otherwise known as facts and truth.

What has that got to do with my statement and question? Looks like you moved the goalposts out of the stadium and into another world.

Your statement and question implied that everyone in the detention centres entered illegally and didn't claim asylum at a port of entry. That's not correct.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Mueller couldn’t seem to answer any of the Republicans questions. Acting like frail, senile old man. Even to the point we’re he didn’t seem to understand how the mic worked. Someone to his right always pointing to the mic with a pen.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is definitely a thing with his followers. Like he said himself he could shoot someone and they would still follow him.

Sad because there was a time when the republicans would be outraged with a foreign country interfering with their elections.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Mueller couldn’t seem to answer any of the Republicans questions. Acting like frail, senile old man. Even to the point we’re he didn’t seem to understand how the mic worked. Someone to his right always pointing to the mic with a pen.

The republicans didn't ask questions they made statements or asked about things that were outside Mueller's remit.

Mueller made his remit clear at the start but they still asked those questions in order to get a lot of clips of him not answering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The republicans didn't ask questions they made statements or asked about things that were outside Mueller's remit.

Mueller made his remit clear at the start but they still asked those questions in order to get a lot of clips of him not answering.

Yeah, they simply can't engage in honest debate or even structured argument. That's why they are focusing on the stuff that Mueller didn't say instead of what he did.

Your statement and question implied that everyone in the detention centres entered illegally and didn't claim asylum at a port of entry. That's not correct.
    No, it was a response to your comment that implied anyone claiming asylum should be considered as having entered lawfully.

But to answer your question…

Individuals seeking asylum at ports of entry are placed in expedited removal proceedings by CBP and referred for a credible fear screening interview conducted by an asylum officer. The credible fear interview provides the applicant with the opportunity to explain how he or she has been persecuted or has a well-founded fear of persecution based on his or her race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion if returned to his or her country. Based on the interview, the officer then decides whether the applicant has a “significant possibility” of being eligible for asylum. If so, the officer refers such individual to immigration court in a defensive asylum application process. If not, the applicant is ordered removed and may seek review by an immigration judge in effort to appeal the negative decision.

The 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) requires all individuals seeking asylum at ports of entry to be detained. They remain in detention even after officials confirm their claims as credible, unless the officials decide the applicants are unlikely to flee and do not pose a safety threat. In addition, they must pay a bail. If released, many asylum seekers are monitored by GPS ankle bracelets. Data shows that 96% of asylum applicants who follow the correct process show up to all their immigration court hearings.

How many illegal aliens who game the system and sneak across the border, then claim asylum show up to all their immigration court hearings? I’ll give you a hint… a 90% figure applies, but in the reverse.

He couldn’t answer questions to answers that were in the report because he didn’t know what was in the report. Like fusion gps.

To me it seemed more the result of a guilty conscience, realizing what he had done with the investigation was wrong. He wasn’t able to answer questions that should have been obvious. He knew it was a sham from the beginning but put the country throw misery for 2 years anyway. I think Mueller’s performance was a result of him knowing his reputation was going to be destroyed. It seems obvious he didn’t have much to do with the published findings and the investigation was orchestrated by the 13 angry democrats on his team.

He couldn’t answer questions to answers that were in the report because he didn’t know what was in the report. Like fusion gps.

No because there a lot of other investigations going on and he has to be careful about what his says in case in effects ongoing investigations. He said all this at the start of the hearing. Still the republicans keep asking them so they can claim he was unhelpful afterwards. Mueller is a lifelong republican, war hero, has put loads of mafia people away, its disgusting these republicans are attacking him.

How many illegal aliens who game the system and sneak across the border, then claim asylum show up to all their immigration court hearings? I’ll give you a hint… a 90% figure applies, but in the reverse.

Got a link for that?
    Most places say the turn up rate is 75 to 80%.

Trump Derangement Syndrome is definitely a thing with his followers. Like he said himself he could shoot someone and they would still follow him.

Sad because there was a time when the republicans would be outraged with a foreign country interfering with their elections.
    The Russians didn't try to get Trump elected... They aim to confuse, not favor, and they read the same polls as everyone else. They pretty much all stated there was no way for Trump to win. All the Russians tried to do was to put the election into disarray.

And we do care about Russian interference... past and present. Best to start with Hillary Clinton and her use of Russian agents in developing the fake Trump dossier, used as the basis for spying on Trump and the FISA sham.

Hopefully when the Durham investigation concludes and the actions of a Stalinist politburo type operation by Clinton, Obama’s political operatives, corrupt members of the FBI/DOJ, and other Democrats, the real criminals will finally find their way behind bars.

• Advertisement

Got a link for that?
    Are you honestly touting 75%-80% not showing up to their immigration court hearings as something commendable?

And no, according the DHS Secretary it’s 90%

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/dhs-secretary-90-percent-of-recent-asylum-seekers-skipped-their-hearings/

The Russians didn't try to get Trump elected... They aim to confuse, not favor, and they read the same polls as everyone else. They pretty much all stated there was no way for Trump to win. All the Russians tried to do was to put the election into disarray.

And we do care about Russian interference... past and present. Best to start with Hillary Clinton and her use of Russian agents in developing the fake Trump dossier, used as the basis for spying on Trump and the FISA sham.

Hopefully when the Durham investigation concludes and the actions of a Stalinist politburo type operation by Clinton, Obama’s political operatives, corrupt members of the FBI/DOJ, and other Democrats, the real criminals will finally find their way behind bars.

Donald Trump himself said they did:

Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2019

No because there a lot of other investigations going on and he has to be careful about what his says in case in effects ongoing investigations. He said all this at the start of the hearing. Still the republicans keep asking them so they can claim he was unhelpful afterwards. Mueller is a lifelong republican, war hero, has put loads of mafia people away, its disgusting these republicans are attacking him.

It was clear he didn’t write the report, and didn’t know what was in the report.

Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....

What is your point?

Lol what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Got a link for that?

Got a link for that?

It was clear he didn’t write the report, and didn’t know what was in the report.

Of course he didn’t write the report in full. He led the investigation. It would be monumentally stupid to believe he wrote the report.

they/them/theirs

No, it was a response to your comment that implied anyone claiming asylum should be considered as having entered lawfully.

But to answer your question…

Individuals seeking asylum at ports of entry are placed in expedited removal proceedings by CBP and referred for a credible fear screening interview conducted by an asylum officer. The credible fear interview provides the applicant with the opportunity to explain how he or she has been persecuted or has a well-founded fear of persecution based on his or her race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion if returned to his or her country. Based on the interview, the officer then decides whether the applicant has a “significant possibility” of being eligible for asylum. If so, the officer refers such individual to immigration court in a defensive asylum application process. If not, the applicant is ordered removed and may seek review by an immigration judge in effort to appeal the negative decision.

The 1996 Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act (IIRIRA) requires all individuals seeking asylum at ports of entry to be detained. They remain in detention even after officials confirm their claims as credible, unless the officials decide the applicants are unlikely to flee and do not pose a safety threat. In addition, they must pay a bail. If released, many asylum seekers are monitored by GPS ankle bracelets. Data shows that 96% of asylum applicants who follow the correct process show up to all their immigration court hearings.

And you accuse me of moving the goalposts?

There are asylum seekers in the detention centres. Some will be given refuge and some won’t.

Even if they aren’t genuine they deserve to be treated humanely. They are human beings.

they/them/theirs

What is your point?

He says Russia helped him to get elected.
    So do all the intelligence agencies.

• Advertisement

And you accuse me of moving the goalposts?

There are asylum seekers in the detention centres. Some will be given refuge and some won’t.

Even if they aren’t genuine they deserve to be treated humanely. They are human beings.
    Of course asylum seekers, even those who enter legally and claim asylum, are initially put into detention centers temporarily. That's the law! They aren't turned into Soylent Green. Aren't countries allowed to determine their immigration standards, quotas, and allowed to protect their borders? Or just is it only the US who should follow some standards you set?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement