Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

notobtuse wrote: »
    Of course asylum seekers, even those who enter legally and claim asylum, are initially put into detention centers temporarily. That's the law! They aren't turned into Soylent Green. Aren't countries allowed to determine their immigration standards, quotas, and allowed to protect their borders? Or just is it only the US who should follow some standards you set?

Trump 2020 slogan: "At least we're not eating them yet".

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Of course asylum seekers, even those who enter legally and claim asylum, are initially put into detention centers temporarily. That's the law! They aren't turned into Soylent Green. Aren't countries allowed to determine their immigration standards, quotas, and allowed to protect their borders? Or just is it only the US who should follow some standards you set?

Another shift in attack, that’s some twinkle toes debating.

Of course the US can protect its own borders. No one is saying they can’t, I’m definitely not saying it.

Shouldn’t they treat the people in detention centres humanely? I actually don’t care what your
    Answer is, the answer is yes.

I have no problem with people being detained pending the process of their claims. I have a serious issue with how they are detained. Simple enough for you?

Someone asked why we should feel sorry for them: because they are human beings being held in inhumane conditions.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

20Cent wrote: »
    He says Russia helped him to get elected.
    So do all the intelligence agencies.
    Last September, Trump signed an executive order declaring election and infrastructure meddling a national security threat.

The Russians mostly worked on local levels. I think 80% of the Russian meddling budget was spent on this parade float…

62630.jpg

I honestly think this type of display would cause more people to vote for H Clinton for president rather than Trump.

Show me where Russian meddling efforts caused one vote to be changed for Trump in the 2016 election!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Ancient history... 2017.

Looks for evidence from 2016 election (or some sh1te idk)

One post later calls 2017 ancient history

I love internet logic :D:D:D

Brian? wrote: »
    Another shift in attack, that’s some twinkle toes debating.

Of course the US can protect its own borders. No one is saying they can’t, I’m definitely not saying it.

Shouldn’t they treat the people in detention centres humanely? I actually don’t care what your
    Answer is, the answer is yes.

I have no problem with people being detained pending the process of their claims. I have a serious issue with how they are detained. Simple enough for you?

Someone asked why we should feel sorry for them: because they are human beings being held in inhumane conditions.

What would your country do if they set up facilities and resources for 100 asylum seekers and 10,000 showed up? Inhumane conditions? What inhumane conditions... not getting toothpaste for 3 days?

Last September, Trump signed an executive order declaring election and infrastructure meddling a national security threat.

The Russians mostly worked on local levels. I think 80% of the Russian meddling budget was spent on this parade float…

I honestly think this type of display would cause more people to vote for H Clinton for president rather than Trump.

Show me where Russian meddling efforts caused one vote to be changed for Trump in the 2016 election!

The Mueller report: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/5955118-The-Mueller-Report.html

_blaaz wrote: »
    Looks for evidence from 2016 election (or some sh1te idk)

One post later calls 2017 ancient history

I love internet logic :D:D:D
    How about just plain old logic. How many have been added to the rolls since 2017? My link was from 2019.

What would your country do if they set up facilities and resources for 100 asylum seekers and 10,000 showed up? Inhumane conditions? What inhumane conditions... not getting toothpaste for 3 days?

Family separation is inhumane and can cause lasting mental trauma to both parents and children.

Poor sanitary conditions.

Overcrowding.

Are these things ok with you? If they are, you should be ashamed.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Are you for real? Be realistic... I'm not reading 448 pages. Show me how many people voted for Trump because of Russian meddling.

You ok with this?

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml/claudiakoerner/texas-teen-border-detention-conditions-inhumane

This is fine with you?

https://www.google.ie/amp/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2019/07/the-inhumane-conditions-at-migrant-detention-camps.html

How about this?

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/21/migrant-health-detention-border-camps-1424114

they/them/theirs

Are you for real? Be realistic... I'm not reading 448 pages. Show me how many people voted for Trump because of Russian meddling.

Of course how many voted because of Russian meddling is something that's impossible to measure that's why you phrased it that way.

Just read the index of the Mueller report even the section headings.

Family separation is inhumane and can cause lasting mental trauma to both parents and children.

Poor sanitary conditions.

Overcrowding.

Are these things ok with you? If they are, you should be ashamed.
    Overcrowding I'll give you. Temp sanitary conditions possible because of the overcrowding. Can we ship, say, just two month's worth of asylum seekers over to you. I'm sure you wouldn't have any problem handling 200,000 people, right?

What do you suggest should be done if it is suspect the adult isn't a family member of a child and is only using them for illegal entry, or if the parent is found to have committed a serious crime. I know if I committed a serious crime I would be separated from my children... and I'm a citizen.

Some of that is over dramatized… but regardless, when dealing with over 1 million people coming across the border, most illegally, and you have limited resources, a couple mistakes along the way will be made. It's reasonable. And emergency funding was just put into place for humanitarian efforts to cope with the unprecedented numbers… of which some Democrats voted against.

If you don't agree, be a good sport, and personally take a couple off our hands.

Of course how many voted because of Russian meddling is something that's impossible to measure that's why you phrased it that way.

Then why keep touting it as some sort of political Armageddon? Just find me a couple actual examples... if you can. I'm not asking for the world here.

Show me X.

Show them X

But Obama...............

Every trump apologist ever.

Show me X.

Show them X

But Obama...............

Every trump apologist ever.
    Apparently you got nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

The proof of the lack of Russian meddling here is this anti-Iran drivel. If Trump was controlled by Russia, he'd have normalised relations with Iran. Instead, Trump is controlled by the John Bolton dictatorship which works with and for Saudi Arabia and Netanyahu. The REAL investigation needs to look into why America is doing Saudi Arabia's and Netanyahu's bidding. Years of cold war conditioning about demonising Russia has stopped even the most anti-Bolton Americans from seeing who the REAL enemies are.

Apparently you got nothing.

What's your question?
    It keeps changing.

• Advertisement

Some of that is over dramatized… but regardless, when dealing with over 1 million people coming across the border, most illegally, and you have limited resources, a couple mistakes along the way will be made. It's reasonable. And emergency funding was just put into place for humanitarian efforts to cope with the unprecedented numbers… of which some Democrats voted against.

If you don't agree, be a good sport, and personally take a couple off our hands.

Grand. You’re ok with inhumane conditions. I’ll leave it there, you’ve made your position crystal clear.

they/them/theirs

What's your question?
    It keeps changing.
    ((((facepalm)))) It was only four posts ago.

Grand. You’re ok with inhumane conditions. I’ll leave it there, you’ve made your position crystal clear.
    Tis okay. I’ll continue to live in the real word and deal with real challenges, and not live in some alternate universe where life is beautiful all the time.

((((facepalm)))) It was only four posts ago.

Examples of people changing their minds because of Russian interference in the election?

How does one do that?

Examples of people changing their minds because of Russian interference in the election?

How does one do that?
    I'd guess pretty easily for someone who keeps touting it as an absolute truth.

I'd guess pretty easily for someone who keeps touting it as an absolute truth.

Trump was Russia's preferred candidate. They helped him. trump said it himself. Putin even said it.

MRI scans of the moment someone's mind changed and why they decided to vote a particular way are probably not available.

Trump was Russia's preferred candidate. They helped him. trump said it himself. Putin even said it.

MRI scans of the moment someone's mind changed and why they decided to vote a particular way are probably not available.
    The term cop-out immediately comes to mind.

The term cop-out immediately comes to mind.

Most incorrect username ever. Lol

Most incorrect username ever. Lol
    LOL. That name was given to me a few years ago by horror writer Stephen King's personal assistant... another big time lefty. Well, actually she called me 'not completely obtuse.' It just kinda stuck. ;)

• Advertisement

LOL. That name was given to me a few years ago by horror writer Stephen King's personal assistant... another big time lefty. Well, actually she called me 'not completely obtuse.' It just kinda stuck. ;)

Stephen Kings books are supposed to be scary but show me proof of someone scared by his books.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement