Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

This sinister looking beard he has now only confirms what he is.

Yeah... That's the way to judge people. Their facial hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Danzy wrote: »
    She tried to destroy him for her own political gain, a person way down the income ladder from her and she was happy to make him a national news story, destroy him.

She is a cold thing.

Firstly we still don't know fully what happened.

Secondly it was him who decided to start it and him who decided to name himself and go in front of the tv cameras.

I will when I see these characters from my, er Margaret Atwood's, docu-drama go back into it. Ted Cruz as the potential next US president is scary and he is no Joseph Fiennes: he is REAL and not acting the part of dangerous Christist cult wacko. This sinister looking beard he has now only confirms what he is.

Trump mocked Cruz during the presidential nominations mercilessly, called him lying Ted, called his wife ugly, suggested he's a serial killer and even said his dad killed JFK. Yet still Cruz is sucking up to him, pathetic person with no self esteem,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I will when I see these characters from my, er Margaret Atwood's, docu-drama go back into it. Ted Cruz as the potential next US president is scary and he is no Joseph Fiennes: he is REAL and not acting the part of dangerous Christist cult wacko. This sinister looking beard he has now only confirms what he is.

I wouldn't trust Cruz as far as I could throw him, or any scripture follower tbh, I don't think 'The Handmaid's Tale' is the most likely dystopia to come true though. I would see the one from 'Incorporated' as being more likely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporated_(TV_series)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

It won't be Ted Cruz.

If you want to read about a real scary potential candidate for 2024, read about Tom Cotton the current Senator of Arkansas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Seanachai wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust Cruz as far as I could throw him, or any scripture follower tbh, I don't think 'The Handmaid's Tale' is the most likely dystopia to come true though. I would see the one from 'Incorporated' as being more likely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorporated_(TV_series)

Soylent Green might be the dystopian future. Overpopulation, limited resources, killing up to birth and even afterwards, euthanasia, and the Green New Deal along with the liberal version of development will kill people. And now the liberals in Washington state recently passed a bill becoming the first state to compost human bodies. What better way to go Green than… “It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people.”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/22/us/washington-human-composting-legal-trnd/index.html

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

notobtuse wrote: »
    Soylent Green might be the dystopian future. Overpopulation, limited resources, killing up to birth and even afterwards, euthanasia, and the Green New Deal along with the liberal version of development will kill people. And now the liberals in Washington state recently passed a bill becoming the first state to compost human bodies. What better way to go Green than… “It's people. Soylent Green is made out of people. They're making our food out of people.”

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/22/us/washington-human-composting-legal-trnd/index.html

How did that work out for them cows?

mad muffin wrote: »
    How did that work out for them cows?

They were holding their own until it was determined cow farts were destroying the world.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

So if someone wants their body to be useful after their death, you think that's a problem? Sounds like a perfectly sensible choice to me.

You realise burying people also turns them into compost?

You do have some strange attitudes. You care more about dead bodies than ones living in detention centres. Or is it only when you get a chance to stick it to the liberals that you care about any issue?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Nice way to go really going back to the soil.

Meanwhile a woman in Alabama is being charged with the death of her baby after being shot. The Republicans want to charge women who leave the state for an abortion. Handmaid's tale stuff alright.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/alabama-woman-shot-while-pregnant-charged-with-death-of-foetus-1.3940423

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    So if someone wants their body to be useful after their death, you think that's a problem? Sounds like a perfectly sensible choice to me.

You realise burying people also turns them into compost?

You do have some strange attitudes. You care more about dead bodies than ones living in detention centres. Or is it only when you get a chance to stick it to the liberals that you care about any issue?
    You found an Orb Of Power, eh? The point is the value of human life has diminished in current society, especially by the left.

Sure I stick it to liberals when I find their views and values repugnant. No need for me to do that with conservative views I disagree with... there's plenty enough of you here for that.

20Cent wrote: »
    Nice way to go really going back to the soil.

Meanwhile a woman in Alabama is being charged with the death of her baby after being shot. The Republicans want to charge women who leave the state for an abortion. Handmaid's tale stuff alright.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/alabama-woman-shot-while-pregnant-charged-with-death-of-foetus-1.3940423

Are you saying republicans are the party that values life?

Their leader joked about murdering 10 million people the other day, they have children in cages, want to take healthcare from millions, want a war with Iran, and support the death penalty, so no not really.

You found an Orb Of Power, eh? The point is the value of human life has diminished in current society, especially by the left.

Am I supposed to know what the orb of power is? What has disposing of dead bodies got to do with the value of life, they are dead. People aren't being killed for compost.
    Sure I stick it to liberals when I find their views and values repugnant. No need for me to do that with conservative views I disagree with... there's plenty enough of you here for that.

You find the composting of bodies repugnant but not tearing families apart. Your values have nothing to do with conservative v liberal, you just think they do.

they/them/theirs

They value life in utero, once the child is born they couldn't care less. It's time to fend for yourself. You're not entitled to education, healthcare or even a fair chance.

They certainly don't value life when it comes to the death penalty.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Their leader joked about murdering 10 million people the other day, they have children in cages, want to take healthcare from millions, want a war with Iran, and support the death penalty, so no not really.

I'd throw in the fact that they're anti gun control aswell. That would seen quite important given 40,000 people were killed by gunfire in the states last year

Brian? wrote: »
    You find the composting of bodies repugnant but not tearing families apart. Your values have nothing to do with conservative v liberal, you just think they do.
    The composting of bodies is part of the drip, drip, drip method of devaluing human life. Tearing families apart is unfortunate, but it is the law when it is suspect the child is being used for nefarious means or the adults are determined to have been part of some serious criminal behavior.

The composting of bodies is part of the drip, drip, drip method of devaluing human life. Tearing families apart is unfortunate, but it is the law when it is suspect the child is being used for nefarious means or the adults are determined to have been part of some serious criminal behavior.

Bodies have always been composted.
    What do you think happens in a grave

Bodies have always been composted.
    What do you think happens in a grave
    When you go are you going to be shipped off to the big human blender in Washington, or will you be buried or cremated?

When you go are you going to be shipped off to the big human blender in Washington, or will you be buried or cremated?

I have two instructions for my body when dead.

I want it scattered along O'Connell St.
    No cremation.

• Advertisement

I have two instructions for my body when dead.

I want it scattered along O'Connell St.
    No cremation.
    How will that be done if there is no cremation involved... bits and pieces? But since you do have instructions for your body after death it seems you do believe in some value of your remains.

How will that be done if there is no cremation involved... bits and pieces? But since you do have instructions for your body after death it seems you do believe in some value of your remains.

It's a joke.

What's the point you are trying to make?
    They are offering composting as an alternative to burial or cremation.
    People can choose it if they want to it's not compulsory.
    What's the problem with that?

It's a joke.

What's the point you are trying to make?
    They are offering composting as an alternative to burial or cremation.
    People can choose it if they want to it's not compulsory.
    What's the problem with that?
    Best to add this regarding jokes as it sometimes hard to tell... :P

I actually have requested of my family to scatter my ashes in a lake I frequent... at the top of the mountain overlooking the old jail where there is a handprint left by Alexander Campbell to proclaim his innocence... a Molly Maguire who was hanged in 1877.

And I made my point, it's a step in the direction of devaluing life.

Best to add this regarding jokes as it sometimes hard to tell... :P

I actually have requested of my family to scatter my ashes in a lake I frequent... at the top of the mountain overlooking the old jail where there is a handprint left by Alexander Campbell to proclaim his innocence... a Molly Maguire who was hanged in 1877.

And I made my point, it's a step in the direction of devaluing life.

Burning the body to ash and scattering it is ok but letting is decompose and using it to compost plants is devaluing life?

Makes zero sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Recognise this little Antifa girl?

It's Climate Greta herself ticking all the leftist boxes at only 16..

Greta-Antifa.png

biko wrote: »
    Recognise this little Antifa girl?

It's Climate Greta herself ticking all the leftist boxes at only 16..

Fair play to her.
    Everyone should be Antifa.

Burning the body to ash and scattering it is ok but letting is decompose and using it to compost plants is devaluing life?

Makes zero sense.
    We can agree to disagree. If we’re just considered fertilizer, why then should we be valued in life?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Fair play to her.
    Everyone should be Antifa.

na i dont think so

i like being sane and having my own opinions.

Antifa wouldn't suit me at all

We can agree to disagree. If we’re just considered fertilizer, why then should we be valued in life?

Human ashes are harmful to plants and trees.

Allowing the body to decompose means that part of us will end up growing something new. Sounds pretty cool to me.

• Advertisement

Human ashes are harmful to plants and trees.

Allowing the body to decompose means that part of us will end up growing something new. Sounds pretty cool to me.
    Where does it stop? If we mean nothing would you be okay if we turned you into dog food for Trump's granddaughter's new puppy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement