Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

notobtuse wrote: »
    Where does it stop? If we mean nothing would you be okay if we turned you into dog food for Trump's granddaughter's new puppy?

Really grasping at straws here dude, kind of sad.

Great to see Greta is antifa though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

biko wrote: »
    Recognise this little Antifa girl?

It's Climate Greta herself ticking all the leftist boxes at only 16..

Greta-Antifa.png

She stands no chance. Poor girl. Btw she looks 12…

mad muffin wrote: »
    She stands no chance. Poor girl. Btw she looks 12…

Traveling the world, speaking at the UN, instigating huge climate change legislation in countries. Pretty good for a 16 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

20Cent wrote: »
    Where does it stop? If we mean nothing would you be okay if we turned you into dog food for Trump's granddaughter's new puppy?

Great to see Greta is antifa though.
    Similar to the argument "if we allow same sex marriage it'll be marrying animals next"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I don’t agree with Ted Cruz that Antifa should be declared a terrorist organization. Instead, when Antifa causes violence that results in injury or destruction of property the whole lot of them involved in their protests should be arrested and given harsh jail sentences with harden criminals for being the criminals they are.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Fertilizer has a greater value than food?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I don’t agree with Ted Cruz that Antifa should be declared a terrorist organization. Instead, when Antifa causes violence that results in injury or destruction of property the whole lot of them involved in their protests should be arrested and given harsh jail sentences with harden criminals for being the criminals they are.

Sounds a bit fascist there bud.

Sounds a bit fascist there bud.
    Why? If there is no violence then nothing should happen to them. Are laws against violence now representatives of fascism?

Why? If there is no violence then nothing should happen to them. Are laws against violence now representatives of fascism?

You said you'd have them all rounded up. Even people who weren't involved in violence. Then given long prison sentences. That's collective punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Traveling the world, speaking at the UN, instigating huge climate change legislation in countries. Pretty good for a 16 year old.

towed out like a puppet, using a young girl to peddle your agenda is a great way of deflecting all criticism with "look at this person attacking a young girl"
    Its exactly what this lobby would do.

• Advertisement

Jesus Christ .. that people are so brazen in regards to their plainly sectarian ideology is really quite worrying..

And that graph that was posted their earlier makes it clear it's been happening since at least before 2014, so it can't really be blamed on Trump.. he's obviously just a manifestation of it..

You said you'd have them all rounded up. Even people who weren't involved in violence. Then given long prison sentences. That's collective punishment.
    If they are acting as an organized group committing violence then they should be arrested as a group. Thrown in jail with other violent criminals, yes. The term of their prison sentences is determined by the crime committed. Violence that results in injury or destruction of property usually carries a much harsher sentence than j-walking.

If they are acting as an organized group committing violence then they should be arrested as a group. Thrown in jail with other violent criminals, yes. The term of their prison sentences is determined by the crime committed. Violence that results in injury or destruction of property usually carries a much harsher sentence than j-walking.

And how would one know who was part of the organised group?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I see Greta has changed her mind on the t-shirt

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1154734497662943232

And how would one know who was part of the organised group?
    Its not rocket science...

Screen-Shot-2018-05-27-at-10.23.01-PM.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I see Greta has changed her mind on the t-shirt

https://twitter.com/GretaThunberg/status/1154734497662943232

Looks like she still has a chance after all…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

mad muffin wrote: »
    Looks like she still has a chance after all…

Sorry a chance for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Sad that Greta had to apologise for wearing a t shirt with Anti fascist in it.

Understandable given the hijacking of the term by rich kid authoritarians with a passion for violence.

Its not rocket science...

It would be unconstitutional to round up people just because they are in a certain area or because of their clothes. I'm sure the freedom loving brigade can appreciate that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The composting of bodies is part of the drip, drip, drip method of devaluing human life.

Any logic behind that? They're dead bodies, it's increasing the value of dead bodies if anything.
    Tearing families apart is unfortunate, but it is the law when it is suspect the child is being used for nefarious means or the adults are determined to have been part of some serious criminal behavior.

Composting dead bodies is devaluing human life, but putting kids in cages isn't. You're standing by that?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

We can agree to disagree. If we’re just considered fertilizer, why then should we be valued in life?

Because we're alive.

It's not complicated really. You want to be cremated, I want to be composted. It's a matter of choice.

they/them/theirs

It would be unconstitutional to round up people just because they are in a certain area or because of their clothes. I'm sure the freedom loving brigade can appreciate that.
    You're correct. But when they institute violence as a group its a different matter. Common sense... the police can determine if the violence is being committed by an individual versus a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No mask laws have been successful in handling other somewhat similar groups in the deep South in the past.

Brian? wrote: »
    Composting dead bodies is devaluing human life, but putting kids in cages isn't. You're standing by that?
    I've addressed the cages issue numerous times. Comprehension issues? Time to change that broken record of yours.

Danzy wrote: »
    No mask laws have been successful in handling other somewhat similar groups in the deep South in the past.

Antifa really aren't such a big problem that such draconian measures would be required.
    The violence is rare and mild enough.

You're correct. But when they institute violence as a group its a different matter. Common sense... the police can determine if the violence is being committed by an individual versus a group.

Are there any other groups of people you’d like to see rounded up and thrown in jail?

they/them/theirs

I've addressed the cages issue numerous times. Comprehension issues? Time to change that broken record of yours.

You’ve addressed it many times already. But I’m not done pointing out your rank hypocrisy.

I comprehend your stance on throwing kids in cages. I just disagree.

I don’t comprehend your issue with composting dead bodies. It seems like a silly thing to believe.

I comprehend that holding these 2 opinions is hypocritical. I don’t think you do.

they/them/theirs

Are there any other groups of people you’d like to see rounded up and thrown in jail?
    KKK and extremist right-wing groups - if they participate in group violence, and NAMBLA, perhaps.

You’ve addressed it many times already. But I’m not done pointing out your rank hypocrisy.

I comprehend your stance on throwing kids in cages. I just disagree.

I don’t comprehend your issue with composting dead bodies. It seems like a silly thing to believe.

I comprehend that holding these 2 options is hypocritical. I don’t think you do.

Then you didn't comprehend what I said.

• Advertisement

KKK and extremist right-wing groups - if they participate in group violence, and NAMBLA, perhaps.

At least your consistent in your authoritarianism. Almost admirable.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement