Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

notobtuse wrote: »
    Then you didn't comprehend what I said.

You said that putting kids in cages was a necessary evil because of the law. You said the composting of dead bodies was an erosion of the value of human life.

What did I miss?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    You said that putting kids in cages was a necessary evil because of the law. You said the composting of dead bodies was an erosion of the value of human life.

What did I miss?
    Which kids get put into cages and under what circumstances... I've noted it.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Sorry a chance for?

Not aligning ones self with an extremist organisation. Be it antifa. Isis. The kkk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

mad muffin wrote: »
    Not aligning ones self with an extremist organisation.

Any organisation I'd feel. Should always think for yourself.
    Towing the party line be it Republican/Democrat is pathetic IMO.

If people are doing things you disagree with, say making racist remarks, be brave and stand up for what you believe in. Picking sides and sticking to it is such a shame.

We humans all make mistakes and should be called out on it when we do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Not aligning ones self with an extremist organisation. Be it antifa. Isis. The kkk.

Being ant fascist is far from extremist. Most people are.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote: »
    Being ant fascist is far from extremist. Most people are.

Really? Because they are anti fascist they aren’t an extreme group? Lol…

They might be anti fascist but they are an anarchist group, which is just as bad.

The KKK says we aren’t extreme. We’re for white people and white pride.

Isis and all the other Muslim terrorists groups say, we aren’t extreme. We’re for sharia law and Muslim rule.

Antifa say we aren’t extreme. We’re anti fascist and all forms of government and all authority.

So yeah. They are extreme.

Really? Because they are anti fascist they aren’t an extreme group? Lol…

They might be anti fascist but they are an anarchist group, which is just as bad.

The KKK says we aren’t extreme. We’re for white people and white pride.

Isis and all the other Muslim terrorists groups say, we aren’t extreme. We’re for sharia law and Muslim rule.

Antifa say we aren’t extreme. We’re anti fascist and all forms of government and all authority.

So yeah. They are extreme.

They are a mixture off all kinds of ideologies and beliefs.
    They aren't trying to impose anything on anyone.
    They just counter far right groups that's all.

At least your consistent in your authoritarianism. Almost admirable.

Scary how easily the freedumb brigade will resort to locking people up because of their ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Scary how easily the freedumb brigade will resort to locking people up because of their ideas.
    I said they should be locked up if they commit violence that results in injuries or property damage... not because of their ideas. Do you have no shame!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I said they should be locked up if they commit violence that results in injuries or property damage... not because of their ideas. Do you have no shame!

That's what happens now so no change then.
    Seemed like you were saying anyone associated with them should be rounded up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

mynamejeff wrote: »
    na i dont think so

i like being sane and having my own opinions.

Antifa wouldn't suit me at all

It's possible to be Anti-Fascist and not Antifa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

It's possible to be Anti-Fascist and not Antifa

Think you should have quoted 20cent with this post,he seems to get mistaken on the difference an awful lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Antifa really aren't such a big problem that such draconian measures would be required.
    The violence is rare and mild enough.
    The antifa can be very violent indeed.
    Like activist Willem Van Spronsen who attacked an ICE centre armed with a rifle, later shot dead by police.

I agree. There is no special need for laws against fringe groups left or right.
    Existing laws are plenty to keep the violent ones at bay, at least here in Ireland.
    And we don't need more laws to infringe on our rights.

biko wrote: »
    The antifa can be very violent indeed.
    Like activist Willem Van Spronsen who attacked an ICE centre armed with a rifle, later shot dead by police.

I agree. There is no special need for laws against fringe groups left or right.
    Existing laws are plenty to keep the violent ones at bay, at least here in Ireland.
    And we don't need more laws to infringe on our rights.

Lone Wolf that was.

Lone Wolf that was.

We will have to remember that next time you mention Christchurch Shooter.

https://mynorthwest.com/1450698/tacoma-detention-center-shooting-manifesto/

Which kids get put into cages and under what circumstances... I've noted it.

You’ve noted it. Grand.

So some kids are of higher cage value than others?

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that I’m unhappy to see any child put in a cage. You’re not unhappy with some children being put in cages.

But you think it’s terrible to compost dead bodies.

Of the 2 statements and one question above, which do you disagree with.

they/them/theirs

You’ve noted it. Grand.

So some kids are of higher cage value than others?

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to say that I’m unhappy to see any child put in a cage. You’re not unhappy with some children being put in cages.

But you think it’s terrible to compost dead bodies.

Of the 2 statements and one question above, which do you disagree with.

Cages built by the Obama administration. He didn’t build buildings for them but cages. Let that sink in.

Cages built by the Obama administration. He didn’t build buildings for them but cages. Let that sink in.

Can't Obama and trump be wrong? Is that concept you can wrap your head around?

Can't Obama and trump be wrong? Is that concept you can wrap your head around?

No. Because trump is paying for Obama’s sins and I won’t stand for hypocrisy from the democrats crying all the time that trump has ruined America. When they are the ones driving a wedge. Using the illegal immigrants as a pawn.

It sunk in years ago. It was always wrong. Is that a difficult concept?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

No. .

And that's proof you're not here to discuss anything genuinely.

Every post may as well be this :
    Republican right. Democrat wrong. And here's a fox news video to prove it.

Republican right. Democrate wrong. And here's a fox news video to prove it.

Well I’m not going to show a cnn or msnbc video now am I? There is no unbiased media anymore.

There is really nothing to discuss until the democrats stop fixating on trump and actually come up with some solutions. Which they haven’t. Which they won’t. Because it serves their purpose to keep a spot light on trump being the big bad monster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

It sunk in years ago. It was always wrong. Is that a difficult concept?

Weird that it is only getting media coverage now and there was radio silence from the media during Saint Barrys reign.

Remember that time he deported more people than the 10 administrations prior to his put together?

Well I’m not going to show a cnn or msnbc video now am I?.

That's the problem you've already decided. Becuase you're "not on their side".

Try thinking for yourself. You might actually enjoy it. The world is a complex place that can't just be divided in two teams. It's fun learning about it from different points of view.

That's the problem you've already decided. Becuase you're "not on their side".

Try thinking for yourself. You might actually enjoy it. The world is a complex place that can't just be divided in two teams. It's fun learning about it from different points of view.

Oh you mean this side? Where everything is racist! Racist! Racist! Where if your opinion differs, it’s racist!

I think for myself. I see for myself. I make my own mind up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Republican right. Democrat wrong. And here's a fox news video to prove it.

Fox is a "no spin" zone....

I think for myself. I see for myself. I make my own mind up.

You don't. You regurgitate Fox news. A lot.

You don't. You regurgitate Fox news. A lot.

Hmmm let me think why that is…

I should probably go to cnn. Or I know Stephen Colbert. Yeah. Or other mainstream left biased media. Lol.

Oh! Oh! I’m thinking for myself now.

Trump bad! Very bad! Republicans bad so, so bad. Hilary Clinton come save us. Bernie will you not save us? Kamala Harris. Will you save us?!

The squad are so righteous!!!

I think I have it now. Cool beans!

Fox is a "no spin" zone....

I'm not even getting into a this 24hr news channel vs this other one. I don't watch them.

Just sad to see someone pick a side and regurgitate it to the point that you can predict their views before they post them because it's all decided already. The party line. Shame.

We are right they are wrong, always! Ha
    Such is life I suppose.

• Advertisement

I'm not even getting into a this 24hr news channel vs this other one. I don't watch them.

Just sad to see someone pick a side and regurgitate it to the point that you can predict their views before they post them because it's all decided already. The party line. Shame.

We are right they are wrong, always! Ha
    Such is life I suppose.

Your doing a terrible job of looking unbiased to be fair.
    Pot,Kettle analogy comes to mind.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement