Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

I know. Imagine wanting to lock up people who smash people over the head with bike locks... Bloody fascists

Thats already illegal.

This is different, locking people up for having different ideas.

20Cent wrote:
    This is different, locking people up for having different ideas.

...you're joking right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

It looks like Andy Ngo is getting the last laugh here. The heat is really starting to come down on Ted "I didn't do nothing" Wheeler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

It looks like Andy Ngo is getting the last laugh here. The heat is really starting to come down on Ted "I didn't do nothing" Wheeler.

He must have seen that poll numbers are sinking faster than the Titanic. Apparently now that he's up for re-election he's trying to distance himself from the group. If he had any sense he would step down and not seek re-election. He handcuffed the Police and let Antifa wreck Portland, assault people. The people of Portland aren't going to forget that.

Antifa isn't an organisation it is an ideology.
    There is no membership, leaders or formal organisation.
    Zero deaths from Antifa while there are hundreds from white supremacists.

Ted Cruz bill uses antifa and left-wing activists interchangeably.

Sounds like a bill to silence opposition.

FBI's Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/454338-fbis-wray-says-majority-of-domestic-terrorism-arrests-this-year

”I will say that a majority of the domestic terrorism cases that we’ve investigated are motivated by some version of what you might call white supremacist violence, but it does include other things as well,” Wray said at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, referring to cases in fiscal 2019, which began Oct. 1.

• Advertisement

20Cent wrote: »
    Antifa isn't an organisation it is an ideology.
    There is no membership, leaders or formal organisation.
    Zero deaths from Antifa while there are hundreds from white supremacists.

Ted Cruz bill uses antifa and left-wing activists interchangeably.

Sounds like a bill to silence opposition.

FBI's Wray says most domestic terrorism arrests this year involve white supremacy
    https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/454338-fbis-wray-says-majority-of-domestic-terrorism-arrests-this-year

”I will say that a majority of the domestic terrorism cases that we’ve investigated are motivated by some version of what you might call white supremacist violence, but it does include other things as well,” Wray said at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, referring to cases in fiscal 2019, which began Oct. 1.

White supremacy, is only an ideology also.

White supremacy, is only an ideology also.

Nope they have organisations, leadership structures etc

Nope they have organisations, leadership structures etc

All based on an ideology.

How does antifa decide where to organise?
    Who tells them where and when?

All based on an ideology.

How does antifa decide where to organise?
    Who tells them where and when?

The counter protest far right events.
    Thats what decides the when and where.
    Don't need anyone to tell them to do it.

What kind of government would want to make antifascim illegal and fascism legal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

What kind of government would want to make antifascim illegal and fascism legal?

A good government will lock up anybody who is going around beating people.

Regardless of political label.

A good government will lock up anybody who is going around beating people.

Regardless of political label.

Those laws are already in place. No need for new ones then.

Anitfa terrorist arrested.

STIN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Anitfa terrorist arrested.

<SNIP>

Well she is working for the world paedophile organisation so that sign she has is clearly fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

mad muffin wrote: »
    Well she is working for the world paedophile organisation so that sign she has is clearly fake.

Edgy

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

wonder why the people that rail against antifa never have anything to say about the biggest terrorist threat in the west at the moment, the far right / fundamentalist conservative violence.

one has killed numerous people globally and the number is increasing weekly. don't think anyone antifa adjacent has killed anyone recently?

it's as if the anti antifascists are also pro fascists

i mean duh but yeah

snowblind wrote: »
    wonder why the people that rail against antifa never have anything to say about the biggest terrorist threat in the west at the moment, the far right murders

it's as if the anti antifascists are also pro fascists

i mean duh but yeah

What would you like to know about them?

Plenty of people on here who are against Antifa have stated on numerous occasions that they are against violence on any side.

I personally condemn any right wing extremist violence just as much as I condemn any Antifa violence. I actually don't know anyone who supports or defends right wing terrorism. I know plenty that support left wing though.

Funny that.

I'm antifa and proud of it. What do you think should be banned, me saying that?

What is the greatest antifa threat? Someone was punched? Someone who advocates for the same ideology that is used by those same people to murder in name of right wing hate?

Where's the antifa violence? Who have they killed? Am I part of the problem, not realizing I'm the same as the "other extreme" even though they kill people constantly and their aim is genocide. Cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Plenty of people on here who are against Antifa have stated on numerous occasions that they are against violence on any side.

I personally condemn any right wing extremist violence just as much as I condemn any Antifa violence. I actually don't know anyone who supports or defends right wing terrorism. I know plenty that support left wing though.

Funny that.

Exactly, If something is wrong you would hope political ideology will not override someones moral compass, The vast majority of people will condemn violence/killing no matter the cause and if you do not then take a hard look in the mirror.

I'm antifa and proud of it. What do you think should be banned, me saying that?

What is the greatest antifa threat? Someone was punched? Someone who advocates for the same ideology that is used by those same people to murder in name of right wing hate?

Where's the antifa violence? Who have they killed? Am I part of the problem, not realizing I'm the same as the "other extreme" even though they kill people constantly and their aim is genocide. Cool!

I never called for anything to be banned.

I am glad you are able to announce that you are Antifa an proud. I now know that you are the exact kind of person whose opinion I can ignore and hope to never meet.

There has been plenty of links to Antifa violence. If you were such a proud member, you would already know that. You are part of a problem. A problem of people who use violence to get their message across. I don't think that is acceptable.

Tell me, in your opinion (for what it is worth), would violence against, say, a proud boy member or someone in a trump hat be justified?

• Advertisement

Funny that.
    Ah ok. So if you think antifa should be banned, you also then think KKK, nazi organizations, proud boys etc should also be banned? It's kinda weird that people always go for antifa but forget to mention the ones that actually murder people. Dontcha think?

I never called for anything to be banned.

I am glad you are able to announce that you are Antifa an proud. I now know that you are the exact kind of person whose opinion I can ignore and hope to never meet.
    Very proud of labelling a person before listening to them right there!
    There has been plenty of links to Antifa violence. If you were such a proud member, you would already know that. You are part of a problem. A problem of people who use violence to get their message across. I don't think that is acceptable.

Tell me, in your opinion (for what it is worth), would violence against, say, a proud boy member or someone in a trump hat be justified?
    Where's that violence? Any killings? Antifa are actively trying to suppress groups that posit a big terrorist threat in the west and murder people constantly. Yet they do this without killing people. You are talking about a couple fisticuffs or whatever. Less violence than yr local football fan club, which I'm sure you also are against.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Ah ok. So if you think antifa should be banned, you also then think KKK, nazi organizations, proud boys etc should also be banned? It's kinda weird that people always go for antifa but forget to mention the ones that actually murder people. Dontcha think?

The difference is nobody here is claiming to support the KKK, proud boys or any of the other right wing groups.

There are however multiple antifa members/supporters here and this thread is specifically about antifa. We are simply pointing out your hypocrisy.

This has been said multiple times but ye don't seem to grasp it.

BloodBath wrote: »
    The difference is nobody here is claiming to support the KKK, proud boys or any of the other right wing groups.

There are however multiple antifa members/supporters here and this thread is specifically about antifa. We are simply pointing out your hypocrisy.

This has been said multiple times but ye don't seem to grasp it.
    Where's the violence? You do realize that antifa is not one organization but a movement composed of a lot of different groups.

Y'all are mad of something you cannot even define.

What should I be denouncing? Gimme an antifa terrorist violence example from Ireland that I should be so worried about?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Here’s the thing. If someone is out there protesting let’s say pro life. And you don’t like it. You can’t come up and start bashing them over the head. Saying it’s okay. We aren’t killing anyone. We are the good guys.

What a normal person does is then organises a pro choice rally and then gets to protest. But beating each other on the streets. That’s what animals do. We are not animals. We have laws. We have governments. We have authorities.

All of which antifa are against. Because they are anarchists.

Are ya denouncing the football fan violence? Sure it's small here in ireland, but as antifa does nothing of note, that's already much bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Where's that violence?

So proud, eh? Who else here is proud of this?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »

So proud, eh? Who else here is proud of this?

There ya go, not denouncing the violence of the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Are ya denouncing the football fan violence? Sure it's small here in ireland, but as antifa does nothing of note, that's already much bigger.

There's not much in the way of fascism here either, at least since the church lost it's power, but you claim to be a member of antifa.

What fascism are you fighting in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

There ya go, not denouncing the violence of the other side.
    Denouncing so-called violence (peaceful demonstrations are considered violence if your ideas are difference from Antifa????) by stomping their faces in and destroying property... what a guy!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement