Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

BloodBath wrote: »
    There's not much in the way of fascism here either, at least since the church lost it's power, but you claim to be a member of antifa. What fascism are you fighting in Ireland?
    Why did you not answer my question?

I fight the rise of fascism in Europe. Alt right trolls like Gemma O Doherty are gaining popularity, driving the same talking points that have been behind a lot of far right terrorism recently. Hungary and Poland are already deep in fascisms embrace, there have been murdered politicians by far right extremists in the UK. There are politicians of the regular right who will not oppose far right violence here. There will be people who will point at an antifa member pushing back against a member of the police and equate that with far right murders. It's intentional white supremacist propaganda. That's something to fight against.

snowblind wrote: »
    There ya go, not denouncing the violence of the other side.

You asked for an example. You were given one. He doesn't need to denounce it as he is just providing you with an example.

Grow up. You are a proud Antifa supporter. I assume you are mid-twenties, living with your parents, have a Che Guavara poster and believe that Communism isn't all that bad.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Denouncing so-called violence (peaceful demonstrations are considered violence if your ideas are difference from Antifa????) by stomping their faces in and destroying property... what a guy!
    Proud Boys were there, they are a violent organization and they are proud of it. Sometimes you have to be prepared and fight back. That's what Antifaschistische Aktion did in nazi germany as well. I'm sure people blamed them of violence back then when they organized against literal nazis.

Why did you not answer my question?

I fight the rise of fascism in Europe. Alt right trolls like Gemma O Doherty are gaining popularity, driving the same talking points that have been behind a lot of far right terrorism recently. Hungary and Poland are already deep in fascisms embrace, there have been murdered politicians by far right extremists in the UK. There are politicians of the regular right who will not oppose far right violence here. There will be people who will point at an antifa member pushing back against a member of the police and equate that with far right murders. It's intentional white supremacist propaganda. That's something to fight against.

You believe that the white man is trying to keep you down?

You asked for an example. You were given one. He doesn't need to denounce it as he is just providing you with an example.

Grow up. You are a proud Antifa supporter. I assume you are mid-twenties, living with your parents, have a Che Guavara poster and believe that Communism isn't all that bad.
    Your assumptions show your ignorance. Why would you try and discredit me with something you just made up? Shows your argumentative skills very aptly :pac:

• Advertisement

Proud Boys were there, they are a violent organization and they are proud of it. Sometimes you have to be prepared and fight back. That's what Antifaschistische Aktion did in nazi germany as well. I'm sure people blamed them of violence back then when they organized against literal nazis.

Funny that. The proud boys would say they are only there to stop Antifa. Chicken and egg territory.

Actually, Antifa were around before the proud boys.

You believe that the white man is trying to keep you down?
    What do you mean? Weird question that doesn't in any way comment on what I said. Conjecture and deflection, that's all you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Antifa initiates violence. Does your group go club baby seals on holiday? Got to keep in practice, and all, I figure.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Funny that. The proud boys would say they are only there to stop Antifa. Chicken and egg territory.

Actually, Antifa were around before the proud boys.

Antifa have been around since nazis yes.

Proud boys are a fascist organization. I see you choosing sides.

Antifa initiates violence. Does your group go club baby seals on holiday? Got to keep in practice, and all, I figure.
    Nah Antifa do not inititate violence. They oppose fascist violence. Research history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifaschistische_Aktion

Happy to help!

• Advertisement

Antifa have been around since nazis yes.

Proud boys are a fascist organization. I see you choosing sides.

Not at all.

See there is the problem with Antifa. You bang on about being only opposed to fascists. But you have no criterion as to what a fascist actually is.

I don't see the proud boys as fascist but you have no problem stating that they are so I can assume you feel justified in physically attacking them. Can you point me to how they are fascist?

What do you mean? Weird question that doesn't in any way comment on what I said. Conjecture and deflection, that's all you can do.
    It's intentional white supremacist propaganda. That's something to fight against.

It kind of does relate to what you said.

Not at all.

See there is the problem with Antifa. You bang on about being only opposed to fascists. But you have no criterion as to what a fascist actually is.

I don't see the proud boys as fascist but you have no problem stating that they are so I can assume you feel justified in physically attacking them. Can you point me to how they are fascist?
    Of course I have criteria for fascism. It's widely known, if you needed a definition earlier, should have said so!

I think the wikipedia one is perfectly apt
    Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism[1][2] characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy[3] which came to prominence in early 20th-century Europe.[4] The first fascist movements emerged in Italy during World War I, before spreading to other European countries.[4] Opposed to liberalism, Marxism, and anarchism, fascism is placed on the far-right within the traditional left–right spectrum.[4][5]

There ya go.

It kind of does relate to what you said.
    How? I oppose white supremacy, I have no idea what your question means. I'm a white man myself, I know all the luxuries and privileges that come with it. I see a lot of white people who want to reinstate slavery, do a genocide, and those people also do a ton of terrorist attacks around the west. I'm against that. You triggered?

Nah Antifa do not inititate violence. They oppose fascist violence. Research history. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifaschistische_Aktion

Happy to help!
    This is Antifa in the USA we are discussing. So Antifa opposes perceived fascist violence by ganging up on people and beating their brains in when they aren't looking. Lovely bunch of people you are.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

How? I oppose white supremacy, I have no idea what your question means. I'm a white man myself, I know all the luxuries and privileges that come with it. I see a lot of white people who want to reinstate slavery, do a genocide, and those people also do a ton of terrorist attacks around the west. I'm against that. You triggered?

You are a shining light in a world crying out for hope.

What ever about Antifa in Germany in the 30s. Those who claim the label now have more in common with the Left who who joined up with their cousins in invading Poland, rounding up people in numerous countries,murdering them and their families etc.

The type of middle class brats that always turn the revolution in to a bloodbath for the Working Class.

You see a lot of white people who want to reinstate slavery and commit genocide? You've obviously haven't visited the US. Do you live in the Twilight Zone?

This is Antifa in the USA we are discussing. So Antifa opposes perceived fascist violence by ganging up on people and beating their brains in when they aren't looking. Lovely bunch of people you are.
    Why only USA? Some of you sound like american social injustice warriors, weird....

They went there to protest against genocide promoters. Then there was a clash. Usually when there is a clash there are two parties. Weird you only talk about one.

Danzy wrote: »
    What ever about Antifa in Germany in the 30s. Those who claim the label now have more in common with the Left who who joined up with their cousins in invading Poland, rounding up people in numerous countries,murdering them and their families etc.

The type of middle class brats that always turn the revolution in to a bloodbath for the Working Class.
    You project a lot.

Where's the bloodbath? There's literally like one or two protests where some violence happened you always talk about. No one died, someone had a bloodied face. Big deal. Yet people who share all your talking points constantly do serial murders of leftists or POC in your beloved USA. Yass queen :pac:

• Advertisement

You see a lot of white people who want to reinstate slavery and commit genocide? You've obviously haven't visited the US. Do you live in the Twilight Zone?

Family breakfast is traumatic in that household.

Nazis promote genocide. There are a lot of nazis in the states, more and more every year, boldened by mr cheeto and his army of white supremacists.

Why only USA? Some of you sound like american social injustice warriors, weird....

They went there to protest against genocide promoters. Then there was a clash. Usually when there is a clash there are two parties. Weird you only talk about one.
    They protest republican and conservative speakers! Gee, I've never heard of people like Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro, Milo Yiannopoulos, Brittany Pettibone, Lauren Southern David Horowitz EVER say they supported slavery and genocide. HAVE YOU? you really need to stop drinking the koolaid.

snowblind wrote:
    There ya go.

I see your definition. How does that apply to the proud boys?
    snowblind wrote:

I oppose white supremacy too. I don't see a lot of white people who want to reinstate slavery, do a genocide or doing "tons of terrorist attacks", but if/when I do, I never condone it.

They protest republican and conservative speakers! Gee, I've never heard of people like Candace Owens, Ben Shapiro, Milo Yiannopoulos, Brittany Pettibone, Lauren Southern David Horowitz EVER say they supported slavery and genocide. HAVE YOU? you really need to stop drinking the koolaid.
    They protest a lot of different organizations. Many of the names you presented are fascist apologists. They are the kinda useful idiots of the white supremacist agenda, they'll defend any nazi just to be given some FOX airtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I oppose white supremacy too. I don't see a lot of white people who want to reinstate slavery, do a genocide or doing "tons of terrorist attacks", but if/when I do, I never condone it.

A tellingly narrow definition of white supremacy.

I oppose white supremacy too. I don't see a lot of white people who want to reinstate slavery, do a genocide or doing "tons of terrorist attacks", but if/when I do, I never condone it.[/QUOTE]

They advocate for dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society.

You project a lot.

Where's the bloodbath? There's literally like one or two protests where some violence happened you always talk about. No one died, someone had a bloodied face. Big deal. Yet people who share all your talking points constantly do serial murders of leftists or POC in your beloved USA. Yass queen :pac:

Are you trolling?

Nazis promote genocide. There are a lot of nazis in the states, more and more every year, boldened by mr cheeto and his army of white supremacists.
    Bullcrap! A couple thousand idiot nutjobs does not a country make.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Are you trolling?
    Nope, all you can show of this terrible violent terrorist organization is some skirmish with the other side. Where's the huge big massive violence stuff?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement