Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

20Cent wrote: »
    Did you miss the lads in the audience doing nazi salutes?
    I can't see the videos but thankfully he provided descriptions. Did the lads in the audience also beat up the gays, blacks and Jews that were present? Or were they mostly posers? NO... how is that possible? We have a thing called free speech here, which protects even vile speech from both the left and right. We do not protect violence associated with that speech. I guess it's good Antifa targets areas that don't allow people to protect themselves. They'd be in for one rude awakening around here from both democrats and republicans, banding together, if Antifa engaged in that kind of violence we've been seeing in countless videos.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

But they're not nazi's.
    Posts a video of him singing to a group of seig heiling nazis.
    But he's not beating anyone up.
    Video of his college tour where he singles out a student to humiliate and encourages the audience to report fellow students he thinks might be illegal

But he's not putting people into gas chambers.

Ffs

NKante wrote: »
    Hate to break this to you, but in the US there is complete freedom of speech and expression as long as you're not calling for violence.

Whereas Antifa are smashing up shops, cars and random people. Including 120lbs soaking wet gay Asians.

Nazis aren't calling for violence now
    I suppose all the other races will just voluntarily leave the country.

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

You're being a bit hysterical mate, settle down.

I'm much more concerned with leftist radicals like Corbyn, because these are people with political power, a grip on culture and substantial grip on news.

Far right groups are pretty much politically powerless other than representation in some eastern European states.

The far right are a tiny fringe in the US. The KKK get about 6 people to their meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

How many idiots in the US call themselves nazis? Maybe 1,000. How many KKK members? Maybe 7,000. Combined they're barely a blip on the radar screen except for maybe the biased media, who like to gin things up for viewership, and Antifa. I figure it to be less than 0.003 percent of the population, and the far, far majority of both the right and left here despise them.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

You're being a bit hysterical mate, settle down.

I'm much more concerned with leftist radicals like Corbyn, because these are people with political power, a grip on culture and substantial grip on news.

Far right groups are pretty much politically powerless other than representation in some eastern European states.

The far right are a tiny fringe in the US. The KKK get about 6 people to their meetings.

The president is a racist and is locking g people up in concentration camps. It isn't a fringe thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

So Antifa is basically soccer hooliganism for children that read books rather than kicked balls?

The president is a racist and is locking g people up in concentration camps. It isn't a fringe thing.

I can't tell if sarcasm :D

All the 'cages' and 'concentration camps' were built under Obama, who locked up and deported more people than Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Bull****. Just because you believe it doesn’t make it true.

They are detention centres for illegal migrants. Just like every other souvenir country has. Show me one country that has totally open borders for all. That people can enter freely without ever needing to prove who they are. Where they never have to prove the child with them is theirs. Without ever having to answer as to why they are there.

20Cent wrote:
    Did you miss the lads in the audience doing nazi salutes?

Oh no..... I think I once jokingly did a Nazi salute when I was younger. Should I report myself to the local antifa branch so they can give me a few slaps of a bike lock?
    20Cent wrote:
    But they're not nazi's. Posts a video of him singing to a group of seig heiling nazis. But he's not beating anyone up. Video of his college tour where he singles out a student to humiliate and encourages the audience to report fellow students he thinks might be illegal

Again, what about that tells you that the correct way to respond to speech is violence?
    20Cent wrote:

Absolute bull****

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    Bull****. Just because you believe it doesn’t make it true.

They are detention centres for illegal migrants. Just like every other souvenir country has. Show me one country that has totally open borders for all. That people can enter freely without ever needing to prove who they are. Where they never have to prove the child with them is theirs. Without ever having to answer as to why they are there.

Souvenir country.

The conditions are well reported and are disgusting to decent people.

No one is seriosly advocating totally open borders. Maybe treat people like human beings though. Richest country in the world should be able to do that.

Oh no..... I think I once jokingly did a Nazi salute when I was younger. Should I report myself to the local antifa branch so they can give me a few slaps of a bike lock?

Again, what about that tells you that the correct way to respond to speech is violence?

Absolute bull****

People were making excuses for them in the 1940's as well. Didn't work out well in the end.

Souvenir country.

The conditions are well reported and are disgusting to decent people.

No one is seriosly advocating totally open borders. Maybe treat people like human beings though. Richest country in the world should be able to do that.

1. How does that make trump racist?

2. It’s what the Dems built. Not trump.

3. The dems are in charge of the purse strings because they have the house majority.

4. The dems said there is no border crisis and I quote.
    there is no border crisis. Hehehe
    not the laugh isn’t mine.

1. How does that make trump racist?

2. It’s what the Dems built. Not trump.

3. The dems are in charge of the purse strings because they have the house majority.

4. The dems said there is no border crisis and I quote.

not the laugh isn’t mine.

If you can't see trumps racism you are one of the few people left.

But Obama and Hilary.......

Odd how Trump was the toast of Hollywood and the liberal elite for decades, until he ran for office and defeated Killery.

Not a racist pre-2016. A prime time TV slot, made countless guest appearances in Hollywood films, praised by Jesse Jackson for doing a lot for the black community.

Suddenly in 2016, Donald Trump becomes Hitler. :D

Odd how Trump was the toast of Hollywood and the liberal elite for decades, until he ran for office and defeated Killery.

Not a racist pre-2016. A prime time TV slot, made countless guest appearances in Hollywood films, praised by Jesse Jackson for doing a lot for the black community.

He's not Hitler yet.
    Has a long history of racism though.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Hate to break this to you, but in the US there is complete freedom of speech and expression as long as you're not calling for violence.

Whereas Antifa are smashing up shops, cars and random people. Including 120lbs soaking wet gay Asians.

According to FBI white supremacists are the biggest terrorist threat in the US.

But I know you will keep ignoring this, because you support white supremacy.

Weird revisionism, he was always a dumb racist. The kind you would call a hateful scumbag if they lived next to you. https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

Ps. They're concentration camps, Mr Godwin agrees. Reading Fox and Breitbart trying to wash the bad taste of ALL OTHER MEDIA won't save ya

snowblind wrote: »
    According to FBI white supremacists are the biggest terrorist threat in the US.

But I know you will keep ignoring this, because you support white supremacy.

I have no doubt white supremacists are a threat. Just like the far leftist AOC fan who attacked the ICE facility.

Of course it doesn't help that the left have engaged in a ceaseless culture war against white men in particular, thereby pushing white men towards err, other white men. See the flaw in the leftist identity politics bollocks?

• Advertisement

Weird revisionism, he was always a dumb racist. The kind you would call a hateful scumbag if they lived next to you. https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racist-racism-history

There's not a chance in hell I'm clicking a Vox link mate. It's like asking me to click on AIDS.

It's the funniest stuff ever that some presumably irish boardsies have teached themselves the Trump Official Black List Of Media and won't agree to even consider any sources that aren't Fox or one of the white supremacist (alt right) propaganda publishings. Irish falling for american conspiracy theory nazi pyramid scheme propaganda, what in the world :D

There's not a chance in hell I'm clicking a Vox link mate. It's like asking me to click on AIDS.

Someone sounds triggered! White supremacist tears are the sweetest :P

It's the funniest stuff ever that some presumably irish boardsies have teached themselves the Trump Official Black List Of Media and won't agree to even consider any sources that aren't Fox or one of the white supremacist (alt right) propaganda publishings. Irish falling for american conspiracy theory nazi pyramid scheme propaganda, what in the world :D

You've linked to a far left activism site that targets and doxxes innocent people, gets them deplatformed and banned from social media.

Vox is AIDS on steroids. I'd happily check a different link. I'd even click a CNN link and then bleach my eyes after.

Imagine being stockholm syndrom'd by a rambling autocrat. Then look at Trump, and consider it's THAT rambling racist autocrat :pac:

You've linked to a far left activism site that targets and doxxes innocent people, gets them deplatformed and banned from social media.

Vox is AIDS on steroids. I'd happily check a different link. I'd even click a CNN link and then bleach my eyes after.

Vox is a harmless site that is on the center right if it was in Ireland. Hold your horses Mr Freedom.

According to mediabiasfactcheck.com
    Vox: Left bias, Factual Reporting: HIGH

Fox: Right bias, Factual Reporting: MIXED

Oopsies....

Now Nkante is gonna say "mediabiasfactcheck.com is started by george soros and his ANTIFA corporation!!!"

Tell me. How is the Virginia governor still in office?

Ralph Northam
    Democratic Party

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/01/virginia-governor-ralph-northam-blackface-kkk-photo

It’s okay he’s not racist he’s a democrat.

snowblind is going to quote media matters and the SPLC next. Maybe a bit of TYT and Rachel 'Muh Russia' Maddow.

When you stop being a student and get a job, I'm sure you'll mature in your outlook. :)

• Advertisement

Tell me. How is the Virginia governor still in office?

Ralph Northam
    Democratic Party

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/01/virginia-governor-ralph-northam-blackface-kkk-photo

It’s okay he’s not racist he’s a democrat.

You seem to think that if someone criticises trump they have to defend everything the democratic party does. That's not the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement