Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

snowblind wrote: »
    According to mediabiasfactcheck.com
    Vox: Left bias, Factual Reporting: HIGH

Fox: Right bias, Factual Reporting: MIXED

Oopsies....

Now Nkante is gonna say "mediabiasfactcheck.com is started by george soros and his ANTIFA corporation!!!"
    I’m still trying to decide if MediaBiasFactCheck is incompetent or merely dishonest? Ah, what the heck, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt… they’re both. Fact checker organizations are notoriously biased against republicans... they're mostly run by the media who report 90% negatively against Trump. They all should have "biased" in front of their names. Perhaps I too should read “You too can be a factchecker,” get a fancy website name, and claim no bias/pubic service. Seems that’s all it takes.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

notobtuse wrote: »
    I’m still trying to decide if MediaBiasFactCheck is incompetent or merely dishonest? Ah, what the heck, I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt… they’re both. Fact checker organizations are notoriously biased against republicans... they're mostly run by the media who report 90% negatively against Trump. They all should have "biased" in front of their names. Perhaps I too should read “You too can be a factchecker,” get a fancy website name, and claim no bias/pubic service. Seems that’s all it takes.

Reality has a liberal bias.

It's like climate change deniers at this stage, the facts are there but they refuse to acknowledge them. Pointless even discussing anything with trump supporters at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

Vox is a harmless site that is on the center right if it was in Ireland. Hold your horses Mr Freedom.

That has to be the most ridiculous thing I have read on boards all month.

• Site Banned Posts: 297 ✭✭NKante

Tasfasdf wrote: »

I think we've got ourselves a comedian. He can't be real. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    He's part of Antifa. That really should tell you all you need to know.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Right wingers are very susceptible to scaremongering so easy to manipulate. A few immigrants, call it a caravan of terrorists. A few protesters, antifa want to destroy America. Maybe we shouldn't let just anyone buy a machine gun, the left want to take ur gaaaaans. Let's have universal healthcare which would be cheaper than the current system, no Stalin Gulags.

snowblind wrote:
    Vox is a harmless site that is on the center right if it was in Ireland. Hold your horses Mr Freedom.

Ahhh. Sorry snowblind. You got me. I genuinely thought you were serious. Fair play man, that was some high level pretending you did.

Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

20Cent wrote: »
    You seem to think that if someone criticises trump they have to defend everything the democratic party does. That's not the case.

Explain to me how trumps tweet about the rat infested crime infested city that is Baltimore it’s racist. But when sanders calls it like a 3rd world country worse than North Korea it’s not. Then he has the gall to say on cnn trump is racist?

They call trump racist all the time but have a governor that likes to play KKK dress up but don’t call him to task?

The absolute hypocrisy.

mad muffin wrote: »
    Explain to me how trumps tweet about the rat infested crime infested city that is Baltimore it’s racist. But when sanders calls it like a 3rd world country worse than North Korea it’s not. Then he has the gall to say on cnn trump is racist?

They call trump racist all the time but have a governor that likes to play KKK dress up but don’t call him to task?

The absolute hypocrisy.

Trumps not called a racist because of one tweet it's a lifelong pattern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

The absolute hypocrisy.

Trump is throwing grenades everywhere. It's beautiful to watch.

• Advertisement

So turns out the shooter in Gilroy California garlic festival urged people to read a white supremacist book and bought an ak 47 legally. Shot 15 people killed 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

NKante wrote: »
    snowblind is going to quote media matters and the SPLC next. Maybe a bit of TYT and Rachel 'Muh Russia' Maddow.

When you stop being a student and get a job, I'm sure you'll mature in your outlook. :)

You will have to make a list of what is approved by your cult. The same ones Donald is ok with, yeh? Sounds pretty North Korean but ok.

notobtuse wrote: »
    "X said something I disagree with, they are fake news now!"

Figures you make your decisions like that :D

20Cent wrote:
    So turns out the shooter in Gilroy California garlic festival urged people to read a white supremacist book and bought an ak 47 legally. Shot 15 people killed 3.

Really? What book? Terrible stuff.

Trumps not called a racist because of one tweet it's a lifelong pattern.

Pre 2016. Hey it’s Trump! One of the boys hey! Pow! Pow!

Post 2016. Hey it’s Trump RACIST!!!!!!!

Yeah that’s pretty ****ed.

Really? What book? Terrible stuff.

Might is right by Regnar Redbead (a pseudonym).
    Apparently it was widely recommended by the 4chan crowd. Same lot who made the ok sign mean white power.

20Cent wrote:
    Might is right by Regnar Redbead (a pseudonym). Apparently it was widely recommended by the 4chan crowd. Same lot who made the ok sign mean white power.

4chan really is a hive of degenerates.

Pre 2016. Hey it’s Trump! One of the boys hey! Pow! Pow!

Post 2016. Hey it’s Trump RACIST!!!!!!!

He was always racist his businesses were fined for racial descrimination at least twice. Also the central park five calls for the death penalty.

Might is right by Regnar Redbead (a pseudonym).
    Apparently it was widely recommended by the 4chan crowd. Same lot who made the ok sign mean white power.
    Might Is Right or The Survival of the Fittest, is a book by pseudonymous author Ragnar Redbeard. First published in 1890, it heavily advocates egoist anarchism, amorality, consequentialism and psychological hedonism. In Might Is Right, Redbeard rejects conventional ideas of human and natural rights and argues that only strength or physical might can establish moral right (à la Callicles or Thrasymachus). The book also attacks Christianity and Democracy

Hardly sounds white supremacist. 4chan must have been trolling again.

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote:

In fairness, there does seem to be quite a bit in it saying that the whites are the best race. Given that it was written in 1890 it's hardly surprising but still.

Apparently it advocates that Anglo saxons are the superior race and they should rule. His last Instagram.post included a slur about mixed race people.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/gilroy-garlic-fest-shooting-santino-legan-864594/

In fairness, there does seem to be quite a bit in it saying that the whites are the best race. Given that it was written in 1890 it's hardly surprising but still.

In 1890 whites thought they were the only race that mattered. Good thing we have traveled light years from that ideology.
    Apparently it advocates that Anglo saxons are the superior race and they should rule. His last Instagram.post included a slur about mixed race people.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/gilroy-garlic-fest-shooting-santino-legan-864594/

Well they’re dumber than a bag of rocks. It’s well knows that Vikings were the white race. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2. It’s what the Dems built. Not trump.

Bet you wouldn't find many migrants who were detained under another administration for weeks on end. Much less US citizens for the better part of a month.

Overheal wrote: »
    Bet you wouldn't find many migrants who were detained under another administration for weeks on end. Much less US citizens for the better part of a month.

Are you talking about Obama deporting record numbers?

And that boy who came back to the USA after a scouting trip to Mexico. And was found to have false documents. Unbeknown to him his mother is was an illegal immigrant and forged his documents?

Are you talking about Obama deporting record numbers?

And that boy who came back to the USA after a scouting trip to Mexico. And was found to have false documents. Unbeknown to him his mother is was an illegal immigrant and forged his documents?
    So are you criticizing the deportations and the camps? Or are you saying it's great now and was great also in Obama era? Weird cuz you seem to use Obama as some sort of a justifier while also dissing Obama.

Obama was terrible. Trump is a new level of terrible. Why would one make the other ok? Is this how you think morals work?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/trump-child-immigrant-detention-no-toothpaste-obama.html

The facts are out there, there are also a lot of reports on it. if you criticize Obama's deportation and detention practices, you should criticize this twice as hard. Unless you're just a partisan troll.

So are you criticizing the deportations and the camps? Or are you saying it's great now and was great also in Obama era? Weird cuz you seem to use Obama as some sort of a justifier while also dissing Obama.

Obama was terrible. Trump is a new level of terrible. Why would one make the other ok? Is this how you think morals work?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/06/trump-child-immigrant-detention-no-toothpaste-obama.html

The facts are out there, there are also a lot of reports on it. if you criticize Obama's deportation and detention practices, you should criticize this twice as hard. Unless you're just a partisan troll.

Wtf do you guys like to post **** out of context?
    Overheal wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

Yet more mass shootings resulting in deaths committed by the right wingers, don't recall Antifa committing mass murder recently?

klaaaz wrote: »
    Yet more mass shootings resulting in deaths committed by the right wingers, don't recall Antifa committing mass murder recently?

And condemnation is coming from both sides. What's your point?

• Advertisement

klaaaz wrote: »

They haven't killed anyone.
    Still trump wants them designated a terrorist organisation.
    They confront the groups that radicalise people like the shooters.

Mad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement