Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

20Cent wrote: »
    They haven't killed anyone.
    Still trump wants them designated a terrorist organisation.
    They confront the groups that radicalise people like the shooters.

Mad.

The shooting was heinous, no amount of confrontation, beatings or de-platforming will deter a maniac who is intent on causing harm however. Even if guns were illegal, he still would have found a way. All antifa do with their physical activity is street theatre that makes them and their suburban friends who can't stomach violence themselves feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Mosque vandalised in Galway.
    Wonder if the people pumping out anti Muslim rhetoric and the great replacement conspiracy theory helped inspire it.

Mosque vandalised in Galway.
    Wonder if the people pumping out anti Muslim rhetoric and the great replacement conspiracy theory helped inspire it.

doubt it.

Far-right groups suspected of involvement in Galway mosque attack

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/far-right-groups-suspected-of-involvement-in-galway-mosque-attack-1.3971205?mode=amp

The Garda Racial, Intercultural and Diversity Office (Grido), which monitors the spread of extremism online, will also assist the investigation.

Monday’s incident was the second attack on the Maryam Mosque since it opened in 2014

However, both organisations are believed to have very small memberships, with supporters often hiding behind anonymous online identities.

“There are certain groups out there who like to stir up racial hatred and we have to be watching that all the time,” Insp David McInerney of Grido told The Irish Times earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

doubt it.

Quoted for truth.

Far-right groups suspected of involvement in Galway mosque attack

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/far-right-groups-suspected-of-involvement-in-galway-mosque-attack-1.3971205?mode=amp

The Garda Racial, Intercultural and Diversity Office (Grido), which monitors the spread of extremism online, will also assist the investigation.

Monday’s incident was the second attack on the Maryam Mosque since it opened in 2014

However, both organisations are believed to have very small memberships, with supporters often hiding behind anonymous online identities.

“There are certain groups out there who like to stir up racial hatred and we have to be watching that all the time,” Insp David McInerney of Grido told The Irish Times earlier this year.

No. It’s just vandalism. There’s been a few churches vandalised recently too. I don’t here anyone calling any extremest group out on that one. Interesting…

• Advertisement

mad muffin wrote: »
    Quoted for truth.

No. It’s just vandalism. There’s been a few churches vandalised recently too. I don’t here anyone calling any extremest group out on that one. Interesting…

No mention of the names of the groups either...

What a waste of a news report.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No. It’s just vandalism.

What qualifies you to declare it a fact at this early stage of an investigation? Are you a detective actively working the case?

:confused:

Quoted for truth.

Did you read the article?
    They were getting threats before it happened.

Don't need to be Columbo to figure it out.

Also two wrongs don't make a right.

Probably so they don't tip them off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 129 ✭✭Ecce No Homo

Quoted for truth.

Cringe.

• Advertisement

Cringe.

Edgy

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Are you talking about Obama deporting record numbers?

What in the world would the number of deportations have to do with the length of detainments?

If anything you’re making the argument that Obama’s deportation program was not only more effective, but more humane, and exceedingly more legal.

Probably so they don't tip them off.

How would that work then?

How would that work then?

The police don't tend to tell the people they are after that they are after them in advance. Makes it a bit easier to catch them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The police don't tend to tell the people they are after that they are after them in advance. Makes it a bit easier to catch them.

i'm surprised that anybody would need that explained to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Boggles wrote: »
    What qualifies you to declare it a fact at this early stage of an investigation? Are you a detective actively working the case?

:confused:

the same way the homophobic attack on a london bus was not homophobic at all and just scum being scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

doubt it.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Garda investigation team have been trawling through this site, plenty of suspects.

i'm surprised that anybody would need that explained to them.

Not dealing with rocket surgeons here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I hope that that was intentional.

Attack the post and not the poster im sure is the rule.

• Advertisement

Attack the post and not the poster im sure is the rule.

I’ve reported them. I suggest you do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Seems the Rose City Antifa group has issued a statement, which was signed on by a long list of other Antifa groups. It was published in response to the efforts by Ted Cruz who recommended designating Antifa as a domestic terrorist group.

It’s a lot of cringeworthy stuff to take in, so I’ll give you the gist…

We’re not bad people. We’re your neighbors... Neighbors with bats, wearing masks so we can get violent with impunity.

We aren’t all violent and therefore it’s not fair to label us all violent… But we chooses to dress in black and travel with violent people in our midst in order to create camouflage for those who are violent as a matter of considered strategy. Deal with it!

We’re demanding the efforts to stop “concentration camps,” not criminalize us… And just ignore one of our own showing up at an ICE facility with bombs and a rifle.

It’s not the human beings of consciences that should be a target, it’s the bats and bike locks that seemingly have a mind of their own.

Do what we want and no one else has to get hurt!

Statement on the Far-Right's Attempt to Criminalize Protest of Concentration Camp Deaths and Hate Groups

https://rosecityantifa.org/articles/statement-against-criminalizing-protest/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    Seems the Rose City Antifa group has issued a statement, which was signed on by a long list of other Antifa groups. It was published in response to the efforts by Ted Cruz who recommended designating Antifa as a domestic terrorist group.

It’s a lot of cringeworthy stuff to take in, so I’ll give you the gist…

We’re not bad people. We’re your neighbors... Neighbors with bats, wearing masks so we can get violent with impunity.

We aren’t all violent and therefore it’s not fair to label us all violent… But we chooses to dress in black and travel with violent people in our midst in order to create camouflage for those who are violent as a matter of considered strategy. Deal with it!

We’re demanding the efforts to stop “concentration camps,” not criminalize us… And just ignore one of our own showing up at an ICE facility with bombs and a rifle.

It’s not the human beings of consciences that should be a target, it’s the bats and bike locks that seemingly have a mind of their own.

Do what we want and no one else has to get hurt!

Statement on the Far-Right's Attempt to Criminalize Protest of Concentration Camp Deaths and Hate Groups

https://rosecityantifa.org/articles/statement-against-criminalizing-protest/

It’s the hypocrisy that really gets me. Because they think they are on the correct side they can do what ever the **** they want.

It’s the hypocrisy that really gets me. Because they think they are on the correct side they can do what ever the **** they want.

By give you the gist you mean make up some fake stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

The arrogance of those from the ruling class.

Danzy wrote: »
    The arrogance of those from the ruling class.

It’s true though isn’t it. The elites are always telling everyone else what to do. Just don’t worry about what we do. That’s our business. Just go away and do what you’re told.

It’s true though isn’t it. The elites are always telling everyone else what to do. Just don’t worry about what we do. That’s our business. Just go away and do what you’re told.

Antifa are the elites now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Elites with masks, bats, bike chains and blood on their hands, perhaps.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Depends on what you call as elite. If you are talking about the 1% ers in america then yes, I would say as a group, they have a larger than average number of elite members

Mostly affluent twenty somethings who have no real understanding on how the world works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭Seanachai

klaaaz wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if the Garda investigation team have been trawling through this site, plenty of suspects.

I'm not their biggest fan but I'd say they have the discernment to differentiate between extremists and people who just have differing viewpoints to you. God help us if arrests start happening based on the same arbitrary criteria that are used online to label people as fascist or extremists.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement